Website TW-DB.info - English support

DeletedUser

Well thought through mock-ups give the idea a bug chance of success.
sounds promising.... ;)
Not sure if this is a minor idea or not: I think it would be more helpful on the alliance map to replace the (imo) vague cloudy graphic with specific icons for towns and different sized forts. The tool-tips for those icons could simply state the town/fort name or (for bonus points :D), display more detailed info. Toggling different viewing options would be possible via check boxes placed....somewhere.... :p

DeletedUser

sounds promising.... ;)
Not sure if this is a minor idea or not: I think it would be more helpful on the alliance map to replace the (imo) vague cloudy graphic with specific icons for towns and different sized forts. The tool-tips for those icons could simply state the town/fort name or (for bonus points :D), display more detailed info. Toggling different viewing options would be possible via check boxes placed....somewhere.... :p

I agree 100%. As it is now, the alliance maps are cool, but it's not really useful. I'd rather see colored dots than amorphous clouds.

DeletedUser

I'd rather see a more user-friendly version of the in game alliance map than colored dots. :p

DeletedUser

I'd rather see a more user-friendly version of the in game alliance map than colored dots. :p
I really don't understand what you're proposing then. I guess my "agree 100%" is [now] a "what the hell are you talking about?" More user friendly is the fact that the map is 10 times the size of the IG alliance window map. That alone makes the dots distinguishable from each other. My problem is with the colors on the map that don't provide concrete information, just the fact that one alliance has more points in a certain radius than the others.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34084

The translation for Romanian is poor, some of items got different name ingame, I suggest you to change the translator :razz:

DeletedUser16928

I really liked the idea, so check it out:
http://tw-db.info/?strana=politic_map

I've made 4 modes of displaying the map (they differ just in opacity of the town and fort icons and those 'amorphous clouds' :)), which you can switch using a button in the upper part of the section. The settings are stored in cookies, so they are persistent. Also, the objects now have their popups, just as suggested.

I'll still have to do something about the fact, that a fort can be owned by multiple towns. Right now it causes a little mess in the map, in future I'd like to restrict the ownership just to the first town.

The translation for Romanian is poor, some of items got different name ingame, I suggest you to change the translator :razz:
Our .ro translator is great :)... Yes, I'm sure there are some inaccuracies, but we're still waiting for 1.35 to come to productive worlds, where we can update the item names using scripts instead of that dirty manual labor... :)

DeletedUser25169

Question regarding crafting:
What exactly is estimation time on product?

is that amount of crafting you need to get to next level or???

(sorry if this is a repeatable question)

DeletedUser16928

What exactly is estimation time on product?
Well, imagine you searched for all the crafting resources on your own - by doing the jobs where you can find them. And imagine every job dropped items exactly according to the drop rate. i.e. if an item has a drop rate of 100%, you should be able to find it in 30 minutes on worlds with 2 hours job times (our site uses the new job time); if the drop rate is 25%, it will take you approx. 2 hours, etc... The time our site displays should correspond with the time to find all the resources that can be found and craft the resources that can be crafted by you. It also shows how many items (from different professions) will you have to buy on the market.

DeletedUser

Would it be possible to add information about the job time for those products you have to buy from other professionals?

And, and... (while I'm at it, I'l list a few more suggestions for the crafting area):
- possibility to input estimated prices for raw materials and get a total price for the resulting product (in several steps - I mean including products you craft and use in later stages)
- possibility to add target amount of crafted items (and having the raw materials needed multiply and cascade - I mean, say you want to make 25 petroleum and 50 distillates, then you'd have to collect a total of 200 oil, it would be nice if the crafting page could help me keep track of that)

I like the new alliance map thingy, only thing would be to make the images for the forts and towns twice as big (or something) so we can see them easier.

/Edlit

DeletedUser16928

Would it be possible to add information about the job time for those products you have to buy from other professionals?
Possible? Yes... But way too much work... I calculate all that data in JS only and as I don't have all the necessary information on that page, I'd have to move the whole thing to PHP...
And, and... (while I'm at it, I'l list a few more suggestions for the crafting area):
possibility to input estimated prices for raw materials and get a total price for the resulting product (in several steps - I mean including products you craft and use in later stages)
I do understand what you mean, but a mockup would be nice... I'm a little bit out of inspiration about how that would look...
possibility to add target amount of crafted items (and having the raw materials needed multiply and cascade - I mean, say you want to make 25 petroleum and 50 distillates, then you'd have to collect a total of 200 oil, it would be nice if the crafting page could help me keep track of that)
Hmm, that might be a little more work than I have time for right now... So my favorite - maybe later :)
I like the new alliance map thingy, only thing would be to make the images for the forts and towns twice as big (or something) so we can see them easier.
OK, but they look extremely ugly :)... Anyone would like to make a better version of this?
http://tw-db.info/images/politic_map/icons.png?dearbrowser_please_dontusecache_thanks

DeletedUser34084

Our .ro translator is great :)... Yes, I'm sure there are some inaccuracies, but we're still waiting for 1.35 to come to productive worlds, where we can update the item names using scripts instead of that dirty manual labor... :)

Oi really? Good job then :razz:

DeletedUser25169

Hy,

Cant open the page today... :(

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/0.7.65

DeletedUser25169

Fixed, now running again. I have no idea what happened, the server was absolutely stable for more than two months... Thanks for your patience, guys :).

Yap it is on again... tnx!!!