Trading itens(with a idea to solve the abuse)

DeletedUser14280

Well, we have a trading thread.
So, let's look at the main problems.
Gem said:
Lets say you want to implement trading of equipment in this game, and you know its a huge problem for cheating and game play balance, so you invent a giant super computer to analyze all trades.

Said super computer is omniscient, and guarantees that ALL trades are not a form of multi cheating. So that issue is solved.

Now lets look at what happens to the game with trading implemented, WITH the cheating loop hole plugged:

1. All equipment found or purchased will now enter the pool of players and begin circulating. Within a couple of months of the start of the game, everyone will have at least a few of the top piece of gear, thus completely devaluating the gear you worked so hard for. After all what good is a necktie of +500 shooting if everyone has one?

2. Towns would start advertising free equipment for joining, for example: Free golden buffalo for any rank 20 or above builder that joins.
(quote comes from here)
Now, the basis of Skull-'s idea is that if you want an item, you have to pay money or surrender items equal in total value to the item you want.
This prevents towns from giving away free equipment, and stops new players from affording top-end items.

Can anyone see problems with this idea? My main objection is that there'll be no place for bargains.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14280

I actually have my own idea, but the thread's still stuck in the questions and guides, so...

My idea for handling trading is to let traders trade whatever they like, including giving gifts, but characters can only trade with other characters that are close to their level.

Such as, a level 5 couldn't trade with a level 30, and a level 20 couldn't trade with a level 50, but a level 10 could trade with a level 15, and a level 35 with a level 41.

DeletedUser

I actually have my own idea, but the thread's still stuck in the questions and guides, so...

My idea for handling trading is to let traders trade whatever they like, including giving gifts, but characters can only trade with other characters that are close to their level.

Such as, a level 5 couldn't trade with a level 30, and a level 20 couldn't trade with a level 50, but a level 10 could trade with a level 15, and a level 35 with a level 41.

That would be very easily abused. Just pass the item along from a 55 to a 50, from the 50 to a 45, all the way down to the grateful level 10.

DeletedUser14280

That would be very easily abused. Just pass the item along from a 55 to a 50, from the 50 to a 45, all the way down to the grateful level 10.
That's true, I suppose.
But if admins perused the trade records at their leisure, that would be easily caught out.
The key word there is leisure, it wouldn't need a keen eye.

DeletedUser

I don't see a problem with my idea. And I rly wish to know if this idea is ok to present to gem.

DeletedUser14280

I think your idea starts out pretty good, but...
...If trading was implemented, then I'd want to take advantage of someone selling items for cheap. Your idea doesn't really allow that, does it?

DeletedUser

Like is on the first post. You can ONLY buy itens giving the exactly value it worts on shop. You can pay with money or giving money + products + items if needed.

For example: Mu city need ship bells. Each ship bell is 130 $. So I found a player who want to sell 10 bells to me. 1300$. He was interested in a Fancy woolly hat, and my city have it. So I bought this and tradded 10 ship bells for one Fancy woolly hat more 200 $. So he walked away happy and me too. He did not have to leave his city to come here and buy and we both get happy with it. He managed to sell their important items.

That's it.

DeletedUser14280

Well, put it like that, and it's a good idea.

I think we should slip this idea into a folder and leave it on the desk, and come back to it, once we've had more of a think about other possiblities.

DeletedUser

10 ships bells for 1300$ are you mad ??

thats way too cheap

a ship bells should be 1000$

DeletedUser

Bk, LOOK THE PRICE OF THE SHIP BELLS! I DIDN'T CHOOSE THOSE PRICES.

Celxius, what can we improve on it? There's no way to put it better. This will not allow abuses and will be good for people make commerce. This will be an outstanding feature for the forts.

DeletedUser

I AM TALKING about that there should be prices set by players not sell/buy price

Ship bells have a great market value

DeletedUser

Good bk. This system that I made is to allow trading without abuse. You didn't get it I think.

The devs and gem alrdy told that we cannot post these kinds of threads if we don't present a solution for the abuse, and I presented one. Don't cry about it, you cannot trade now, 120 is good enought;

DeletedUser

Well as much as like the idea. I came up with one possible exploit. People would be able to trade items need for quests. I don't think most people would take advantage of it.

DeletedUser14280

Why is it a problem to trade items for quests?
It'd be just another way to find the items required.

And it could take quite a bit of time off that three river quest.

DeletedUser

Why is it a problem to trade items for quests?
It'd be just another way to find the items required.

And it could take quite a bit of time off that three river quest.

Well for example I could do quests for lower level people. I could go out and procure the items that they need to do their quests. I just view it as being exploitable.

DeletedUser14280

I don't.
If you can get help from players around the world, more power to you.

DeletedUser

130 for one ship bell seems low but it's good this way. Remember, we want to stop possible abuse, this means that if you have 100 ship bells you shouldn't be able to get rich over night.

As I said in a previous post, the idea is great but there has to be an upper limit as well. The upper sale limit should be introduced to this idea to stop pushers. You can only sell an intem with a value between its sell value and buy value, in our example you can sell a ship bell for a min value of 65 and a max value of 130.
Why is this upper value important ? Well lets look at another example. We have a lvl 5 player that has 100 sugar and he wants to sell them to a "friend" for 10k a piece. This is called pushing (actually it's pulling ...) and we don't want this. By indroducing the mentioned upper limit our lvl 5 player could only sell them for 2$ a piece.