Trading itens(with a idea to solve the abuse)

DeletedUser

What I have in mind is that the players can change their itens(including products).

To do it, the players must be in the the same town in order to echange the itens/products(not belong, just be in one town). To exchange the item, the player who is buying an item, need to pay exactly the price of the item.

Example: I want to sell my donkey. If the player want to buy, he need to give me 250$ or give me an item, or 2, or 3 or whatever more money. The important is that the value must be 250 to they two.

What is the point of have this if you buy for the same price?

This will make you sell your itens for a better price if you want, exange products to help in quests and FORTS(Like give money for some bells or ammo). This will make you contract someone to travel for you and buy itens, or if a friend is arldy on another town he can buy it and you give the money to him(this will save a lot of time and will not make your joining town increase).

Well that is it, what you think?

DeletedUser

Nice thought, i've actually been thinking about this recently myself...

But my thought was that it has to be commerically viable for each player...both must benefit.

I was thinking that the seller must receive more cash than the price he/she would receive for selling it in the town stores so more than...

The second part of the equation would be to limit the maximum selling price......setting it at 4x would prevent the possibility of players pbeing able to overpay for item and give a friend a cash boost if required...potentially creating a huge advantage for lower levelled players who are friendly with higher ranked players. So perhaps a more sensible limit of 2x would be effective.

Another alternative would be some kind of auction format, with the 50% rpice being the starting point and the 2x price being something similar to Buy It Now on ebay :eek:...and if nobodies prepared to pay the 2x then it goes to the highest bidder...

Also i would suggest 'unsold' items would be lost for $0 in order to discourage players listing untold numbers of worthless/low value items....

DeletedUser

@skull nice idea. But a limit is also needed like bob said, 1x sell value should be min and 1x buy value (aka 2x sell value) should be max. This would limit the impact on the gameplay and multi-accounting will bring close to naught benefit therefor making it an unplausable solution for cheaters.

An auction system would be too hard to implement in my opinion and it won't fit the gamestyle. The west is a location based game so a global auction system doesn't really fit. However, Skull's idea would be relatively easy to implement (I'm pretty sure they can use the existing shop functions) and would also fit in the location based style.

DeletedUser

Guys, all this will make they overplay. The multi acc will spam all over the game.They find an item that don't need, use the multi to buy, and profit a lot of money. The multi find an item and sell for a worst price.

This is a simple way to make the trade and will not atract multis. You need to buy an item, you will need to buy from the full price, it's more than you profit from selling to the stores. You sell a donkey to a store for 125, for another player you sell for 250, and this will make the forts more viable, since there's no way to sell itens, and you have no incentive to give your itens for who need. Unless you have a pure swimming and/or leadership on your town, you are probably screw.

Red Falcon

Skull...You DO realize that you're saying ITENS instead of ITEMS, right? And as for this idea, I don't see how this one will be any better than those many trading ideas of the past that never would have worked.

DeletedUser

At least my thread was not closed, so I think this can work pretty well. Tradinng NEED to be implemented for a better game play. If you have a better idea, feel free to post here, I'll surely modify the first post.

DeletedUser

What I have in mind is that the players can change their itens(including products).

To do it, the players must be in the the same town in order to echange the itens/products(not belong, just be in one town). To exchange the item, the player who is buying an item, need to pay exactly the price of the item.

Example: I want to sell my donkey. If the player want to buy, he need to give me 250$ or give me an item, or 2, or 3 or whatever more money. The important is that the value must be 250 to they two.

What is the point of have this if you buy for the same price?

This will make you sell your itens for a better price if you want, exange products to help in quests and FORTS(Like give money for some bells or ammo). This will make you contract someone to travel for you and buy itens, or if a friend is arldy on another town he can buy it and you give the money to him(this will save a lot of time and will not make your joining town increase).

Well that is it, what you think?

This is on the "Do Not Suggest" list and is being added in the form of Auction Houses. You may have not heard that threads like this will be locked, I'm just giving you a heads up.

DeletedUser

If it was supposed to be closed, would have been.

I gave a solution, instead of telling that "this will closed" why don't coment about the idea? Help to improve, I'm at least, trying.

DeletedUser

It will be closed, but after a few days. It happened to my first Trading thread. I didn't comment because I know it won't be added: they're using and idea called the "Auction House".

DeletedUser14280

Why should that stop us from coming up with ideas for free trading?

DeletedUser

Ignore this guy. He is very pessimist. I made a I suggestion, Elmyr was online and Gem too. They both didn't closed, so I think it's ok. Why don't start tp help? If you want to much trading on the game, help me to make this idea better.

DeletedUser

I like it.

That also means another way to get some $$$ and if the items not in the town store, and someone else found it and are willing to sell. Its a win win.

DeletedUser14280

I actually came up with my own idea for making trading work.

I put my idea in Questions and Guides, because I wasn't sure if it was suggested yet, but it seems that it hasn't.
Here's the thread.

DeletedUser

Ignore this guy. He is very pessimist. I made a I suggestion, Elmyr was online and Gem too. They both didn't closed, so I think it's ok. Why don't start tp help? If you want to much trading on the game, help me to make this idea better.

Stupid noob.

DeletedUser14280

Franklin...I prefer taking your side on these things, but calling people stupid noob isn't going to help matters.

This thread IS allowed, because it offers a suggestion to fix trading.
If an idea to make it work wasn't being discussed, this thread would be locked.

DeletedUser

Oh. But I thought they moved Auction Houses to the Development Discussion section?

DeletedUser14280

If there is, I don't see an open discussion for it.

Now, we were talking about trading items?
Skull-'s idea or mine?