• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Meh, its 2 a.m. here, I'm allowed to misinterpret things :D

So yes, that would be a twist on this idea. Potato potatoe and all that

DeletedUser

I don't understand why you keep saying the developers are lazy - do you know them personally?

DeletedUser

That's what I thought, especially with developing forts. That's a hugely amount to do, even though I only know the basics of PHP.

DeletedUser

I think that you should be able to turn off the profile of your own town, but not that of other towns. Once you join a town, you probably won't be looking at other towns that much, and when you are I don't think it's going to hurt that much to press the close button a couple times.

DeletedUser

This is such a no brainer. I don't get all the no votes. You don't turn off any towns profile. It is still there. If you want to view it you simply hit a button to expand it. If you don't want to view it then you don't have to do anything. It's no different than the saloon really. If you want to see who you can duel in the saloon you click on it. The information isn't right there when you click on the town. Town profile should be the same way. You click on it if you want to see it.

DeletedUser

I think that you should be able to turn off the profile of your own town, but not that of other towns. Once you join a town, you probably won't be looking at other towns that much, and when you are I don't think it's going to hurt that much to press the close button a couple times.
Why not make it a user-selectable option? Have a setting in your personal profile that controls the default for this. I would turn mine to "default: do not display town profiles" and you would turn yours to "default: display town profiles" and we'd both be happy.

Diggo11

I don't understand why you keep saying the developers are lazy - do you know them personally?
I think minimalistic is a better term for them. But there is evidence to say they are lazy, such as not implementing a "read forum" button.

DeletedUser

FTR I take no position on the laziness of people I cannot observe. :)

DeletedUser

I think minimalistic is a better term for them. But there is evidence to say they are lazy, such as not implementing a "read forum" button.

Considering the number of people here who would like some major changes and think that ideas should be prioritised, and considering the number of major changes which are in the works and coming our way, don't you think it might be more reasonable to assume that the devs do prioritise and have been working hard toward something that is more important rather than just calling them lazy?

DeletedUser

To be honest, if you see the amount of detail in the upcoming updates you would definitely not be saying that. (Not being specific here)

Diggo11

Considering the number of people here who would like some major changes and think that ideas should be prioritised, and considering the number of major changes which are in the works and coming our way, don't you think it might be more reasonable to assume that the devs do prioritise and have been working hard toward something that is more important rather than just calling them lazy?
As I said minimalistic, not lazy. Minimalistic in terms of all the little things they overlook when implementing ideas, such as the read forum button. Like when they made the game would it have killed the to create a read forum button? Back to lazy thats a no - their current project proves that.
To be honest, if you see the amount of detail in the upcoming updates you would definitely not be saying that. (Not being specific here)
I'm sure they'll cut a small corner somewhere.

As said by Denisero in another thread there are a number of little things that need doing, just those tiny short-cuts the devs took.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Or maybe they don't want them doing? Honestly it's not up to us to tell them what they need to do. We can suggest to them (which is what this is) but we can't say right you need to do this, this, this and this etc.

Diggo11

Or maybe they don't want them doing? Honestly it's not up to us to tell them what they need to do. We can suggest to them (which is what this is) but we can't say right you need to do this, this, this and this etc.
All they had to do was a quick 2 minute modification in photoshop to save everyone 30 seconds of their life every day. :nowink:

DeletedUser

Firstly, Gem I would like to apologize for the length of my post and that it is going to be off topic a bit but it does address some things going on in this forum that were starting to be addressed in this thread. Please have patience with me and if you truly can't I'll take the infraction.

As said by Denisero in another thread there are a number of little things that need doing, just those tiny short-cuts the devs took.

Please do not twist my words. That is not what I said at all. I said I'd rather see all the little things packaged together and presented together than sent through one at a time. The spirit of my post was not intended to point fingers at the devs and say they are lazy or taking short cuts.

There is a section for translation errors and typos. I think some of these trivial 'ideas' that are starting to pop up aren't much different than the things listed in that section. They were just things overlooked at the most and a matter of the devs preference at the least.

Everyone wants new updates NOW. Everyone wants their ideas implemented NOW. Everyone wants a new world to open NOW. I'm sure the devs are doing what they can as fast as they can and as error free as they can. The devs just can't win can they. When a major update is announced everyone flies off the handle and either starts complaining about it or coming up with theories on how it will work and ways to change it. Nobody has the patience to just wait and see what it is about. On the other hand everybody wants to jump down the devs throats because level 1s aren't deleted quickly enough, the default on jobs isn't set to 2 hours, and the town profile isn't collapsable.

From what I do know of the gaming industry most of the programmers end up working far more than 5 days/40 hours a week, especially when working under a deadline. To point fingers and call them lazy is ridiculous. Maybe when they see requests for changing the default job time from 10m to 2 hours they start pointing fingers at us and calling us lazy. If they do then they are right.

To address Luap on an eariler post, the customer is not always right. If you've ever worked in the hospitality industry you would know that. People are often rude, selfish, impatient and demanding. Companies have to balance the needs of their customer base with the needs of the company employees and fiscal responsibility. Sometimes a customer just isn't right for the company rather than a company not being right for the customer.

This is a game. If you really aren't having fun with it and every little inconvenience is bothering you then there are plenty of other free online browser games out there that you can play. Good luck finding one that doesn't have any flaws and that turns out updates and servers as quickly as this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes i think its a good idea, it should be optional. I mean, I've been a member of my town for a while, I don't need to see the profile and it gets tiresome to have to wait til the x loads just to click it off so I can see the town buildings on the left side...LOL I'm glad someone brought this issue up, has been bothering me for a while. I mean if we want to read updates and stuff isn't that what the town forum is for? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.