• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Written up by denisero.

denisero said:
Proposal
Make the town profile section something you have to click on to see.

Current Workaround
Every time you click on a town you have to close the town profile to access the Town Hall, Church and Bank.

Details
Get rid of the large profile automatically displayed and substitute it with a small expandable section. If players want to look at the town profile they can choose to do so.

Abuse Prevention
N/A

Visual Aids
profilemockup.jpg

Summary
So when you click on a town it would look something like that. To see the town profile you click on a button or the corner to expand it to show the full profile as it is defaulted to now. Nothing is in the way of any of the buildings now so players won't have to continuously close town profiles every time they visit a town or want to bank cash, pray, or look in the town hall of their own town.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well I would say that some towns change their profiles often or at least periodically. I know it can be annoying but you can get good info off a town profile. If its actually your town that you founded you can just not put anything in the town profile.

I say no to the idea because lots of towns use their profile to recruit, list their shopping policy, alliances, etc. These things can change and having it automatically not pop up just because you visited there before can make you miss important information.

DeletedUser

Delete the flag and clear the profile and it shouldn't pop up.

DeletedUser

I think they meant on all towns. They don't want it to pop up when they click on any town they frequently go to. Plus if he isn't the founder he can't do anything about it in his own town.

DeletedUser

Ahh...so he would rather have to send a telegram to a founder to get a town's policies explained? I'm sure founders would love to have to reply to telegrams any time someone wants information.

I could see changing it so it doesn't automatically pop up and you have to click somewhere manually to see it, probably in town hall, but getting rid of it entirely is not a good idea.

DeletedUser

what i mean is, you can only do it to the town your in. Other people who aren't part of your town can still see it.

Everytime you log on again its there but once you have logged on and seen it theres not really any need to see it again it just becomes an inconvenience.

DeletedUser

Well they could make it so that there is a button you have to click to expand the town profile information. Maybe when you click on a town only the flag will show up unless you click on a corner button or something where it will then expand down to give you profile info on that town. Then nothing would really be covered up that way but the town flag could still be seen.

DeletedUser

Well its not going to be on their list of priorities but I say okay to that idea.

Diggo11

Yeah I'd imagine more people would prefer to click a button to read a profile then click the close button every time. Fair enough so it gets my yes.

DeletedUser

Yeah I'd imagine more people would prefer to click a button to read a profile then click the close button every time. Fair enough so it gets my yes.

Anything to stop the madness of having to click that stupid button EVERY TIME I OPEN UP MY TOWN. :dry:

DeletedUser

Yeah but when you are clicking on your town 20x a day (and I do) it can be annoying. Won't kill anyone but would be nicer to just have the option to click it if you want to read what it says rather than have to click it each time to deposit money or look in town hall or pray.

DeletedUser

Well I'm founder and a builder. I build alot. Have to get into the town hall alot. Check town logs, check to see if any residents are inactive, etc. We are in a war so I do a job then bank my cash. That adds up to a lot of clicking on the town everyday.

Red Falcon

Well I'm founder and a builder. I build alot. Have to get into the town hall alot. Check town logs, check to see if any residents are inactive, etc. We are in a war so I do a job then bank my cash. That adds up to a lot of clicking on the town everyday.

Another good point here. This idea gets my vote, so long as the town profile is not ditched altogether.

DeletedUser

Neither unreasonable nor difficult to implement. No reason not to do it. One possible addition, but not entirely necessary, would be a preference option in settings to always show or always hide profiles.

DeletedUser

Good point Diggo. But then I'm still clicking a button every time I want to look at my town. Different button, same amount of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.