This is hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

If you would look Leona you would see from the quote of Fuzzballs that tops the original post that all of this was brought up by OOK. I posted a hypothetical situation in Saloon and did not name any town names. OOK decided to drag out the dirty laundry in public and keep posting about it in that thread. That is not where that sort of stuff goes.

So since they started talking about it on the forum and naming names I brought it to the appropriate place for rebuttal.

In addition, anyone that has been in BE for awhile knows we don't approve attacking workers unless it is wartime. When new duelers are brought it they are made aware of this fact pretty quickly. If a town complains about a worker attack then I reiterate to the dueler that we don't condone worker attacks. Sometimes it happens, it is a game and everyone plays it their own way. I do my best when we get complaints. Many towns could attest to my helpfulness and willingness to get worker attacks to stop on their members when they occasionally happen.

Propaganda is part of the game. So are setting facts straight when a player from another town just bold face lies. You can't have it both ways Czaz. You can't have your members start talking about the situation and then say it shouldn't be talked about.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Denisero, I read that thread too. I also saw those posts.

But you, Denisero, is a moderator here, your option was, as a moderator, to edit the posts naming specific towns and cases by removing that part of the post. You chose not to do that. Instead you took up the flamings yourself. As a moderator you really should know better.

I wasn't aware of that flamings are allowed on this forum, it was my impression that it would be deleted and/or edited out of the posts when flamings start, so in fact you add to the flames yourself. Starting a thread like this about things that happened several months ago and drawing the rest of the community's attention to this little war is inappropriate.

I say this as having been a moderator on a large International forum myself, a moderator should not, I repeat not, start to flame and even add to the flames!

DeletedUser

So basically czaz can talk all the smack he wants and it's reasonable, but anything Denisero says is taking things too far?

DeletedUser

If czaz talks smack about you you as moderators can delete it. Czaz can't delete talking smack of him, that's the difference between you moderators and him.

Being a moderator requires that you realize the power you have and that you don't abuse it. You have the power to delete what you see is breach of the rules, if talking smack is abuse of the rules, then delete it. And don't talk smack yourself.

DeletedUser

Actually Leona, I have no control over the Saloon. I can not edit nor delete nor infract any posts that are not in World 5, World 9, or the Bugs Section. I am posting in this thread as a player, not as a mod. Same with the Saloon. I am only a mod in the 3 sections stated above.

I haven't flamed anyone in this thread. Most of the posts are Czaz's and his town mates own messages to me. PnP is a part of games like this. I took great care not to name any names in that Saloon thread and there was no reason for anyone to suspect it had anything to do with world 6, let alone Bulls-Eye or OOK Coral until Fuzzball and Czaz started posting in it.

Edit: I CAN NOT DELETE ANYTHING UNLESS IT IS IN MY SECTIONS. Even if something is written about me that I don't like, in my own sections, I have to pull a Sheriff or Admin in to deal with it or it is a conflict of interest. Staff here does not abuse their positions or authority. We have to follow the same rules. Czaz is free to report any post he feels breaks the rules and if I have been found to have broken them I will get an infraction just as any other member of the forum would.

DeletedUser

I haven't flamed anyone in this thread.
Actually, you called me immature in the original post, which is a personal insult and expressly against the rules to which you link in your signature. I reported this infraction and you edited out the insult.

(I know I said I wouldn't respond anymore, but I'm gonna make corrections like this if needed).

DeletedUser

He can report anything he wants and if the post/thread breaks any rules, it will be deleted. Do you have a problem with this part of the Forum Rules?

Please note that most Sheriff's and Deputies still play The West! They have as much a right to post in the capacity of a player as any other user on the forums: No mod will ever mod the worlds that they play, and thus there is no element of Bias involved. Remember that they are volunteers, and are players just like you. This means that outside their realm as a moderator, they are to be treated as you would treat any other player (see Manners section at the top). This is not an excuse to give out about a mod’s moderation, however, which is in no way related to their gameplay!

DeletedUser

Yep, I did edit it. As is my right. It is no worse than things you have said about me in game and on the forum.

DeletedUser

But there is a little sign up in the upper right corner saying "Report this". I guess it's available to you too?

If you see something offensive and breach of the forum rules on a board you don't have any moderator's power on, you can report and then the moderator on that board can take action.

DeletedUser

Yep and I have. Again Leona, this thread was a response to accusations made in the Saloon. I posted in the appropriate place for PnP to go. PnP is a part of the game.

DeletedUser

Can I just mention that Dee doesn't moderate this world, nor has any power to do so. If she tried she'd get a talking to ;).

P&P is an amazing thing, enjoy it!

DeletedUser

Yep and I have. Again Leona, this thread was a response to accusations made in the Saloon. I posted in the appropriate place for PnP to go. PnP is a part of the game.

Still, you claim that these responses containing mentions of specific towns and that they were flaming, how come you didn't report them then so the thread you started about the hypothetical questions were cleaned from the off topic posts? Why this need for starting this thread?

This is what I question, I do understand that you may not have moderator power over the board it was posted in, I'm not daft, but why let it come to this? Why?

Why keep those old flames burning by digging up material, some of it even contents of private telegrams, and post it here, why is it so important?. Why not just not reply to those specific mentionings of towns and report them as off topic in that original thread?

I just don't see the point of this thread. I just don't see the point of what you are doing with this thread.

Heck, maybe I am daft?!? :blink:

I don't know what PnP means.

DeletedUser

Can I just mention that Dee doesn't moderate this world, nor has any power to do so. If she tried she'd get a talking to ;).

P&P is an amazing thing, enjoy it!

I do understand this Gem.

What does P&P mean? I don't know that, please explain.

DeletedUser

Leona, PnP is part of games like this. Admin is even thinking of adding a special section to the forums for just PnP. http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=20613

I did report the OT comments. They were still there for all to read and actually still are because Elmyr is the mod in that section and it is a conflict of interest for him to delete or edit those posts. They may or may not be removed but they will not be acted upon by someone who has a vested interested in the situation. Staff does not operate that way.

If someone is making claims against Bulls-Eye or one of its members I will defend them. I would do that for you. That is what towns do. Their members stick up for each other. If we don't it isn't much of a town at all.

PnP is Politics and Propaganda.

DeletedUser

I did report the OT comments. They were still there for all to read and actually still are because Elmyr is the mod in that section and it is a conflict of interest for him to delete or edit those posts.

True...I left the report for Gem to avoid appearing biased.

DeletedUser

Then please let Gem rule. Thank you!

I'll leave this thread now, I have some games to play. I've just got the H thingie in w9, I think it's time to swing it a bit more. :D

DeletedUser

If someone is making claims against Bulls-Eye or one of its members I will defend them. I would do that for you. That is what towns do. Their members stick up for each other. If we don't it isn't much of a town at all.
ROFL.

In other words, shut up and don't question the Dear Leader! Way to squash that dissent.

DeletedUser

Yeah, obviously that is what I said. Only you would read what I said and come away with that meaning. That is exactly why any friendly relationship our towns could have walked away with earlier was not possible.

DeletedUser

Oh, how glorious the fighters of OOK are

Total health points
- 824 HP

Total health points
- 106 HP
Denisero passes out. Fuzzballx wins the duel, gains 14 experience points and steals $3 from Denisero.

It is truly amazing how far Fuzzball is willing to walk for 14xp and $3 to test their skills on a worker. But thanks for the KO. Just means I can build on the fort for 2 days without your interference nor have to worry about losing resources if I'm KO'd while building. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.