Update: Propaganda sections?

Would you use this section?

• Yes, I would!

Votes: 65 57.5%
  • No, I would not!

Votes: 48 42.5%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

I am considering adding to the world sections a "propaganda" section. This could be a section for in character posting, where the rules would be slightly relaxed as long as you were in character. You could post there about wars, bigging your town up (not recruiting), towns you don't like, or possibly players you dislike (There are more...you are free to post ideas here)

Please vote in the poll on whether you would read/post in this section, and I will use the result to come to a decision :)

Thank you!

Diggo11

At the moment we seem to have an obsession with sub forums. Why on Earth would we want a sub-forum for Forts, Recruitment and Propaganda all in the world forums? As far as I'm concerned just stick it all in the one world forum - forget sub forums. Don't get me wrong it's a good idea, just it's what we already have a forum for!

DeletedUser

I think the whole idea of this section would be that it'd have slightly relaxed rules, and the whole section would be "in character" as such. I am literally just putting ideas on the table, nothing will happen before forts I am just trying to see how we can make the forum so it's used and doesn't have half abandoned parts :)

DeletedUser1105

I'm on the fence with this at the moment.

I agree with Diggo. I think the world forums are barely used now, so this could go in there. But Gem makes a valid point in that the relaxed rules wouldn't work there.

Maybe it could work like Tribal Wars: http://forum.tribalwars.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8

I.e. You have the main forum (which would be this propaganda one), and then within that you have a recruitment forum and a general discussion forum.

Or maybe get rid of the general discussion forum altogether and direct people to the saloon for that?

DeletedUser

Would this be possible to do an "in-game" propaganda rather than a forums addition?

"in-game" where I log into W2 and I can go to the propaganda section and post I'm all for it. More players would be apt to go to the propaganda bored rather than the forums. It would be interactive than the outside forums. Also, easier posting a recruitment section would be nice in-game addition.

Having to "leave" the World to go to an external forum like we have here doesn't seem to work. I like it, but for the whole most don't bother. The forums are great for the saloon, in game help, etc... but not for World forums.

DeletedUser

wouldn't this just make a section for role playing. if so can my character be Elmyr.

DeletedUser

wouldn't this just make a section for role playing. if so can my character be Elmyr.

It wouldn't be a "choose your character" kind of thing. It would be you posting as your in-game character for example "My town, town1 is at war with town2..*insert propaganda here* " or "Player_1 is attacking builders!"

DeletedUser

It wouldn't be a "choose your character" kind of thing. It would be you posting as your in-game character for example "My town, town1 is at war with town2..*insert propaganda here* " or "Player_1 is attacking builders!"

yah I was only joking with the part about elmyr.

it might be better to also put one as a sub-fourm of campfire stories. or give it it's own forum in the community section.

you can still do it for each world, but also do a general forum for it.

but that is my 2 cents

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"I am a dervish of declension and a conjurer of conjugation, with a million hit points and maximum charisma."

I voted yes, hoping it would encourage more players to get involved with the world boards. I also hope it would make the drama in the more active worlds a bit more manageable.

DeletedUser

I voted yes, but I have a question. Why couldn't we do this in the recruitment thread?

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
I don't think we need a sub-forum when the actual forum is nearly dead, that's not the point of a sub-forum. It seems like the idea of subforums are a way of suggesting what types of topics we should create to generate activity, without doing it blatantly. Isn't the point of a sub-forum to section something off from the forum when that type of content is a big part of an already busy forum? To split up the big chunks of content.

I thought the reason propaganda wasn't found in the world forum was because not many people were interested in it, not the rules.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I don't think we need a sub-forum when the actual forum is nearly dead, that's not the point of a sub-forum. It seems like the idea of subforums are a way of suggesting what types of topics we should create to generate activity, without doing it blatantly. Isn't the point of a sub-forum to section something off from the forum when that type of content is a big part of an already busy forum? To split up the big chunks of content.

I thought the reason propaganda wasn't found in the world forum was because not many people were interested in it, not the rules.

Haha nope. It all started because I had recently got my admin rights and I wanted to celebrate! ;D
Also because I think different rulesets in different areas would encourage people to post.

DeletedUser

Also because I think different rulesets in different areas would encourage people to post.
Unfortunately I think a lot of people don't post because they don't like being snubbed or ridiculed by other people who disagree with their opinion.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure how to vote. I doubt that I'd ever use it, but I know a lot of people would. I guess I just won't vote for now.

DeletedUser

If I vote, I'll probably vote yes. The poll asks if you'd use it (which I wouldn't), but I do think it's a good idea. If people have a place to do some bickering, maybe there'll be less of it in other areas.

Diggo11

I'm on the fence with this at the moment.

I agree with Diggo. I think the world forums are barely used now, so this could go in there. But Gem makes a valid point in that the relaxed rules wouldn't work there.

Maybe it could work like Tribal Wars: http://forum.tribalwars.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8

I.e. You have the main forum (which would be this propaganda one), and then within that you have a recruitment forum and a general discussion forum.

Or maybe get rid of the general discussion forum altogether and direct people to the saloon for that?
That may work now, but when Forts comes it puts a spanner in the works. Personally I just prefer one forum to contain Discussion, Fort and Propaganda threads, considering so little gets posted there anyway. (I suppose you'd still need a subforum for recruitment to keep all the spam separate.)

Last edited: