Update: Propaganda sections?

Would you use this section?

• Yes, I would!

Votes: 65 57.5%
  • No, I would not!

Votes: 48 42.5%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

world forums are hardly used because the drama of the worlds are "in" the worlds. The goal of this idea goes around the idea of making something associated with the world, but not effectively presented in the world. It's a good idea, but I don't think it is direct enough.

I propose something globally impacting, started in the world's forum, and effecting the world. Examples are:

1. contacting founders of all/most of the towns, providing a link to a world forum thread, and setting up opposing teams. This could be setup by area, so one area goes to war against another area, for a set period of time (5 days is good). No grudges after.

2. A cooperative effort, where the founder of each town holds a clue. Players must visit the town (not join, just be on the town), contact the founder for the clue, figure out what that clue is, and then visit the next town. This quest-like game could include dependencies, like you have to be carrying a particular item before the founder of that town provides the clue. In the end, you receive an item (if that's at all possible) or a cash donation to the player's town.

These are examples of "games" that could be initiated at the World Forum.

DeletedUser

I voted yes, but I've reconsidered. For the most part, the world forums are boring and consist of the same old threads. If you move the drama to a subforum, all that will be left in the main world forums are items found, worst injuries (I can't believe I started one of them), dueling results, and town items, which Gem and Morthy have killed with their town trader.

DeletedUser

Aye, Elmyr what do you think would be a potentially good solution to the present meh of the world forums?

DeletedUser

smarter players

ok that was a bit too sarcastic but let's face it most of the world forums consist of where do I find X and looking for/join my Town threads. There are plenty of folks on each world who never even visit the forums. There are also folks who don't understand the whole role playing a character in World (as evidenced the last time I sent a message post knocking out a player who was beating on my townsfolk and he responded I shouldn't take things so seriously it's just a game)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree with Elmyr above and plus propaganda shouldn't be stated as propaganda it loses it's appeal when it's contrived or forced.

If I am correct in believing that the idea is...

I think the whole idea of this section would be that it'd have slightly relaxed rules, and the whole section would be "in character" as such.

Instead of creating a subforum for a relatively unused part of the forums with relaxed rules, why not just relax the rules on the main world forum and see what happens.

DeletedUser

I didn't mean relax the general rules, more the purpose of the World forums could change to what is suggested in the op instead of creating a subforum.

DeletedUser

Well I think the idea of a subforum is in part to officially recognize, at least on the forums, alliances and wars that happen in the game. Also it will remove the bickering posts from the general population while making it easier for players of each world to read about the politics happening in their world, if they choose too. It may also encourage players to use the forums more as they will have an official outlet for their alliance, wars, and policies.

The idea of the relaxed rules for the new subforum is to make it more posting friendly so less infractions are given out, while giving the players an outlet for appropriate role playing.

DeletedUser

Nobody gets infractions for roleplaying, they get infractions for being trolls and/or [jerks]. Not sure what you're referring to.

DeletedUser

I am referring to it would be inappropriate for me to call you a [jerk] in this section of the forum. It might be a possibility to call you one while in character in the diplomacy subforum as long as I was calling your character that. :D

DeletedUser

Hmm, so I say you're a [jerk] in world 9, that's okay, but if I say you're a [jerk] in the forums, that's not okay? :p

And yes Deni, I expect you to beat me senseless at any moment.

DeletedUser

Oh I get it! We [can] say [jerk] because [jerk] is [not] another word for penis.

:(

DeletedUser

Closed the poll and unstickied the thread, since we added the P&P prefix instead. Thanks to all who voted.

I can't believe no one else posted. Apparently I forgot to unstick the thread, lol...