Things I like/dislike in this game

DeletedUser

im on the sage page as you man. mu opinion on that is you made your own bed....

anyone who complains that adventurer is a terrible class or soldiers are sooooo much more powerful, then all you have to do is not be the class you complain about

and as far as players not happy about being dueled. the game is thewest, what exactly did you expect? little house on the prarie?

DeletedUser

anyone who complains that adventurer is a terrible class or soldiers are sooooo much more powerful, then all you have to do is not be the class you complain about
Anyone who complains that adventurer class is useless makes +1 reason for devs to give adventurers proper bonuses instead of current worthless ones.
Everyone who complains that soldiers are overpowered in jobs and quests which is rediculous and illogical is 100% right.

DeletedUser

The dueler class are very much poor than other chasses this must inform the authority

DeletedUser

Really? You obviously never saw something like this "You hit player_x and make 1000 damage". Oh, and hitting surrounding players without a need to travel from a spot to a spot... Awsome.
Dueler is a fine class now. Maybe a crit chance should be increased a bit, 15% by default, but let's not be nitpickers. ;)

DeletedUser

Really? You obviously never saw something like this "You hit player_x and make 1000 damage". Oh, and hitting surrounding players without a need to travel from a spot to a spot... Awsome.
Dueler is a fine class now. Maybe a crit chance should be increased a bit, 15% by default, but let's not be nitpickers. ;)

Sadly though, it is still pathetic compared to the soldier class :( (unless you're a dueler who specs for fort fights instead of duels, something that I would never do with my dueler...)

DeletedUser5046

can we just go back to the topic...

i still like playing the west... and why not you make one class per world so you know what you wanted lastly...

DeletedUser

Sadly though, it is still pathetic compared to the soldier class :( (unless you're a dueler who specs for fort fights instead of duels, something that I would never do with my dueler...)
Soldiers are simply overpowered in everything and should get nerfed. I hope that'll happen before w15 opens. :)

DeletedUser14793

lol. its your build thats underpowerd, its not because your a certain class or not.

DeletedUser

dgorsk! you alive on the forums! lol

and yeah, like ttr said, unless you spec for fort fights a dueler isnt all that special and even then the crits are so few and far between that it isnt going to make all that much difference...eapecially without a meatshield taking the shots for you

what i dislike is that the xmas goodies sound like it was just a holiday thing. makes no sense to me other than to bleed some serious money from the game since they are in high demand now.

should at very least implement them for holidays if the plan isnt already....but i dont know why a random chance to grab a cookie or gingerbread in your merchant cant be possible

DeletedUser

should at very least implement them for holidays if the plan isnt already....but i dont know why a random chance to grab a cookie or gingerbread in your merchant cant be possible

Especially now that supplies are scarce and we're down to idiots selling cookies for $5k.

DeletedUser

The game is fun, which is why I'm here.

The game doesn't take up too much time.

Dislikes:

The older worlds are very neglected by the managers of .net. New worlds need to stop being opened because older worlds are being abondoned by a few players, then more players have to leave the worlds that they have put lots of time and effort into because the world is almost empty.

The forum is neglected by the management of .net. They need to encourage players to use it more like the way it used to be used.

DeletedUser25233

I like most of the quests, I like a fort battle from time to time, I like collecting rare items, I like the alliances aspect of the game.

I STRONGLY dislike worker-killers. I wish there was a character choice people could make so they could not be duelled - like a priest class maybe, or a worker with a peace-sign amulet or whatever. If, once you chose the 'no-duelling' option you couldn't initiate your own duels at all ever more, and couldn't put bounties out on people either (because they can't put bounties out on you), then that would be fair, I think, and would stop people who like all aspects of the game except duelling from giving up on the game. And I'm not sorry that this would stop dirt-bag worker-killers from getting their kicks by duelling innocent workers.

DeletedUser16628

I have not been around long but I do find most parts of this game are very likeable.Why cry about something if it's not broke.

DeletedUser

Me neither, I was away for a month or so... And my starting post is now pretty much obsolete, devs changed almost everything I say I dislike, imagine that.

I should make a new list. But not now. Let's wait till the government changes otherwise that'd be #1 point and it's really nohow related to the game itself.

DeletedUser25233

I have not been around long but I do find most parts of this game are very likeable.Why cry about something if it's not broke.

..are you implying that I'm 'crying about' [worker-killers]?

This thread is about likes/dislikes. I wasn't 'crying' about worker-killers, I was saying that I [strongly] dislike them. A legitimate post for this thread. If you were a worker who liked everything about the game except duelling, and wanted to keep playing but were put-off doing so because of people (especially one particular person) duelling you constantly:
[report=162684008a828b027f]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=162853221c7212cc4b]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=16288586024853a234]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=1585234206983790c7]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=15679861ab116f86db]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=156770894d727e40c3]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=14844539655c4db0e3]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=14167512beb8e7546e]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=141637882fb83e2e9c]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]

...and you'd tried diplomacy, which had just been ignored, then you might be a bit miffed about that part of the game too.

Don't get me wrong, I think, overall, the dev.s have done a good job, and the game, on the whole, is interesting and moderately well balanced. Nevertheless, to me, the element of being forced to interact with other people in the area of duelling is silly, annoying and inconsistent. It's like being forced to interact with other people in the area of fort fights, or of quests or of building your town, or of doing jobs. As it is, you don't have to partake of any of those things if you choose. You can choose which parts of the game interest you, and pursue those. But duels are forced upon you whether you want them or not. And if you do want them - great, go enjoy yourself! But they negatively impact on the fun of the game for people who don't want to do them.
Like I said in my earlier post, a good solution would be to have an option to have a character that cannot be duelled, and cannot duel others (and not in a way that can be turned on and off - it would be a permanent choice). At present, the only option to avoid being duelled is to become townless, and that also reduces the game-playing enjoyment for people who want to be part of a community.

DeletedUser22575

..are you implying that I'm 'crying about' [worker-killers]?

This thread is about likes/dislikes. I wasn't 'crying' about worker-killers, I was saying that I [strongly] dislike them. A legitimate post for this thread. If you were a worker who liked everything about the game except duelling, and wanted to keep playing but were put-off doing so because of people (especially one particular person) duelling you constantly:
[report=162684008a828b027f]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=162853221c7212cc4b]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=16288586024853a234]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=1585234206983790c7]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=15679861ab116f86db]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=156770894d727e40c3]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=14844539655c4db0e3]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=14167512beb8e7546e]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]
[report=141637882fb83e2e9c]Duel: tochilka vs. mrnnh[/report]

...and you'd tried diplomacy, which had just been ignored, then you might be a bit miffed about that part of the game too.

Don't get me wrong, I think, overall, the dev.s have done a good job, and the game, on the whole, is interesting and moderately well balanced. Nevertheless, to me, the element of being forced to interact with other people in the area of duelling is silly, annoying and inconsistent. It's like being forced to interact with other people in the area of fort fights, or of quests or of building your town, or of doing jobs. As it is, you don't have to partake of any of those things if you choose. You can choose which parts of the game interest you, and pursue those. But duels are forced upon you whether you want them or not. And if you do want them - great, go enjoy yourself! But they negatively impact on the fun of the game for people who don't want to do them.
Like I said in my earlier post, a good solution would be to have an option to have a character that cannot be duelled, and cannot duel others (and not in a way that can be turned on and off - it would be a permanent choice). At present, the only option to avoid being duelled is to become townless, and that also reduces the game-playing enjoyment for people who want to be part of a community.

yeah..it is tough joining a game when you know dueling is a major part of it and then having to put up with being dueled. how inconsiderate of them duelers for playing the game.

complaining about dueling in this game is sort of like getting a drivers licenses...then complaining because others have the nerve to drive on your road. how dare they. :laugh:

DeletedUser25233

Yeah, the game, like life, is unfair. Boohoo.

I guess that means there's no point in having a forum for feedback and debate, and discussions about what might be issues with it and how they could be corrected.

Oh wait...

p.s. do you read the entire wiki about an online game before deciding whether you'd like to join it? Personally, I just started playing this after a quick look, and decided after a while that I liked most of the things about the game. Back then, I didn't realise that there were quite so many people who were inconsiderate/undisciplined/discourteous etc. in the game, nor the fact that the dev.s were happy with people getting annoyed by the duelling aspect of the game and wishing the effects of it could be removed or at least ameliorated. And now that I do realise, I'm already 'into' and enjoying most of the game. I'm not going to quit now, but there's no harm in airing my thoughts about what I see to be issues with the game... or is there?... no, I'm sure all the mature players out there will take my thoughts at face-value and respond without getting snarky.

Last edited by a moderator: