Discussion The West Stats

DeletedUser6752

Yeah, I just discovered this myself. Served in the army (finally!) 20 hours, then went north 2 counties to accept the Irkatchi Fighters quest. Came back down to my town, hunting buffalo all the way, and slept. Next day, went back north, hunting buffalo again, and completed the quest.
Checked to see where I had to go to accept the next quest - just the saloon, so I wenet to the saloon to see how much $ I'd be getting from it, since I'm already 90 minutes away from my town and safety. I have had all the requirements for War Preparations for over a month now - it should be a simple click or two to complete that quest, and then hop up to Burham city for a few duels and then I'm done.
But NO. Weststats never mentioned 2 toolboxes! I happen to have one, just by accident - no problem. I have more than enough skill points to get another pretty quickly, and there are two Building a Windmill jobs right next to the Irkatchi village.
But what's this? In respeccing to do the Serve in Army job, I've knocked down my Windmill points so I can just barely do the job at all! So now it's no sure thing I'll be able to get another toolbox in one 2-hour stint.

So now I have to
- go back south with the $ I have from the Irkatchi Fighters quest and bank it.
- do the windmill job until I have a second toolbox - then complete the War Preparations quest.
- go back north 3 counties to do the next part of the Soldier's quest line - the duels in Burham City.
- then come home again - another 2 hour trip - to bank the $ I got from those quests.

Instead of being able to stay up north and save 3 hours' travel time carrying a ton of $ most of the way.

Can someone please fix the War Preparations quest on WestStats so that it accurately reflects all the items needed to complete the quest?

DeletedUser

West Stats update?

Does west stats automatically update when you get something new after the first time you load your inventory or do you need to re-update when you get new inventory?

Thanks
Tess

DeletedUser

well i suggest telling the west stats people so that they can fix it and save other people from doing it?

DeletedUser

Depending on your browser, it is handy to make a fave bar link (FF) or Link bar fave (IE - though not sure if will work with IE) and pasting the script from the West Stats "Import Everything". Then you just have to open your inventory in any world, and click the fave link and voila! Imported! (Then refresh that The West page ;))

DeletedUser

West Stats checking off completed quests

I have gone through West Stats and checked off the tasks / quests that I did. The first few times it seemed to needed me to refresh to 'hold' the fact that I had completed something. Not such a problem.

I went in this morning, and every single thing that I had checked as completed, is now back as not completed. (shows red x)

How do I make this work properly? (Yes, on correct level, this one is in relation to level 8, although I also am on level 6)

Thank you,
Tessie

DeletedUser

Are you in the right world? You have to make sure you have chosen the correct world from the drop down box in the upper right corner in Weststats. Each world has it's own quest check off list.

DeletedUser

For now, just click on the job circle after applying your filters and it will take you to the screen showing best items for that job, as well as highlighting the items you already own.

DeletedUser

There have been times where it has hicupped while using FF, but worked a bit later.

DeletedUser

And you are logged in as well? Were you in the correct world when initially checking off the quests?

I know they're simple questions, but times it's caught me off guard too :p

DeletedUser

How about a 'what if' for Weststats

I'd like to see a 'what if' skill allocation calculator on the site. This would let players know when they respec what jobs they will be losing and gaining by doing so.

DeletedUser

umm well basically you just do the same thing again as you did the first time. put the link from west stats up the top when you are in your inventory.

DeletedUser

Depending on your browser, it is handy to make a fave bar link (FF) or Link bar fave (IE - though not sure if will work with IE) and pasting the script from the West Stats "Import Everything". Then you just have to open your inventory in any world, and click the fave link and voila! Imported! (Then refresh that The West page ;))

Can someone put that in dead simple terms that even the most basic idiot can understand?

P.S. That idiot's using Firefox ;)

DeletedUser

lol

-From West Stats, click the "Import Everything" link
-Ctrl+C copy the script
-On browser window, go to Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks
-Right click on Bookmarks Toolbar>New Bookmark
-Call it "West Stats Import" or something and Ctrl+V paste the script into the "Location" field
-Done!
-In West Game tab, open Inventory and left-click the new link you made...voila! Skills, Atts, and Inventory updated. Might have to allow Firefox to use popups for each world you do this once.