The Tiran Wars

DeletedUser

"Where did this guy come from?", Témalad asked, regarding Dosot, who seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. "And what do these guys have that I don't? Funky armor and weird accents, mayhap? If there's a chance that I can fight something, I'm coming wether you like it or not, bucko. If "something" in this case is you, then I guess that counts."

DeletedUser

"Are you sure of that my friend? I would gladly show you a thing or two about fighting," Dosot said. He grew tired with the annoyance of this person. He talked too much for his own good.

DeletedUser

Faeron ran quickly through the trees to Du'ellofar and to the smaller elves, where he would ask for help in the war against the Demon Giant.

He reached a clearing where he saw a group of humans and one elf.
Jumping on a tree, he waited for the humans to leave before talking to the elf in person. Their was one human with no clothes who ran through the forest, Faeron decided to follow him. This human was faster and had more stamina than any other human he had encountered but still a human nonetheless and Faeron kept up easily. Faeron followed him to a log without revealing himself and then turned back to the elf, who was still with the humans, he decided to wait until they left.

He hid behind trees and bushes where they couldnt see him, and the elf would not feel his presence due to the elven magic which he used.

DeletedUser13682

Coenwulf laughed. "Funky armor man. You believe my armor to be funky? I won this armor from the first Roman I killed, a Praetorian with 25 years experience. And I killed him much the same way you describe your tactics. That only worked through stealth. I can be very stealthy, if I need be, but generally, I rely on my skills with a blade." Coenwulf looked around. The group had stopped, and had encountered the young ranger again, this time wearing clothes, thankfully. It was very annoying to notice that other people were gawking at the boy's nakedness, especially the Temalad guy, who looked all but able to...

Anyway, the gang was back together again. "Why thank you, sir. The compliament is much appreciated." Now, they were ready to go, or so Coenwulf thought. The Temalad guy thought they needed more time, to talk about things. "I say we go. It is a long way to Therin, like ranger boy said, so we shall be able to talk things over on the way there. And I thought you understood that we are starting a journey, that will eventually lead us to the great Demon himself, who the Romans told us about when they learned about him from the Palestinians. Brittania also had similar legends as the Palestinians in this regard." Coenwulf shook his head in mild disgust. "You must learn to listen boy."

Deleted User - 819397

Regal frowned at the elf-trained man. "You have no authority over us now that we are outside of your sacred area." he said evenly, voice and face expressionless. "I will go quite willingly to help in this fight, but I absolutely insist that we are equals. I may not have a memory as long as yours, but my fighting...I have yet to find one who has the skill I have. This is not to say that you all are not as skillful as me...indeed, all I mean is that my style is unique...I'll follow the group past the Demon Kings gates, should we get that far, but I won't go one step unless you agree that we are equals."

DeletedUser

He is right said Faeron jumping out of the bushes, as for you Témalad you speak too highly of yourself for your own good. '' I am Faeron of Rwendia'' apprentice to Taenion the wise. I am an elf but not like that of Du'ellofar as you can see.

If you have any questions before you leave to Therin you may ask, but before you leave I must warn you. The Demon Giants army has destroyed Coran's Pass.

As for me, I must talk with the elves of Du'ellofar to get their help in this war.
Ranger, may you direct me to Du'ellofar?

If our own elves are joining the fight for Tiran they should be on their way to Coran's Pass soon. I only hope your own king has an army prepared... has he?

DeletedUser

Témalad giggled to himself. "You all think I speak too highly of myself? Fine then, believe whatever you will. Meet me on the battlefield sometime, and we'll all shut up about it until then. How does that sound?" He turned to Romanarmorman (formerly known as "Funkyarmorman") and said "That's exactly my point. I've done the same literal thousands of times, and not necessarily with stealth. But like I said, enough of that for now. I guess you're right about one thing, I don't bother myself with legends much."

He turned to face the rest of the group, of which the ranks were swelling at an amazing rate. "Well, I suppose we can continue the information sharing as we go. And again, don't say I talk too highly of myself until you know me better. Much, much better, for that matter." Témalad started for the woods. "Is anybody not ready? Let's roll out!"

Deleted User - 819397

Regal shook his head. "I first want confirmation that we will all be equals on the road. I may seem stubborn, and perhaps I am, but that does not change the fact that I will not be treated as an inferior. I want to be trusted to help keep you all alive, and I want to trust you to do the same...is that so wrong?" He frowned. THIS was why he preferred working alone. However, against hordes of monsters, as the newcomer elf had verified, he would need partners on the road...he hoped he found them here...it was so tedious to get to know somebody...

DeletedUser

"I can assure you, Regal, I will treat you as an equal", said Témalad, hoping the others would follow suit. "Alas, I fear that some members of the party will be more judgmental than I." Given their initial reaction to him, Témalad suspected that they may not be so quick to affirm their equality. He turned to the rest of the group, and said "We're all in this together. If any of you don't want to consider yourselves equal to the rest, I suggest you go your own way." By that point, he had reasoned that their objective was merely to fight Demons, which suited him just fine.

DeletedUser

"Dosot, I was ordered by my lady to take their filth out of our forest. From there, I do not know what I should do. I will take that curve in the trail when I come to it." Ryn'ntar replied, clapping the man on the shoulder.

Ryn'ntar thought of what to say to Regal. He could not tell to much of the Du'ellofar, that would jeopardize their very existance. He ccould tell a few details about himself.

"I am not an elf, as you can see. I am Elven trained, but human. I am as close as a human can get to being Du'ellofar, they have raised me from eight winters old. Regal, I will treat you as an equal, you have my word. Listen to me, everyone."

Ryn'ntar struuggled to put his thoughts into the human speech. He grappled with the words for many minutes before finaally coming to the correct words. "My lady has informed me, that there is a group of wagons heading towards the Hiradul mountains, they plan to settle thhere and act as a staging point for the fighting against the Demon Giant. I am taking you to the town of Therin, where those wagons will be passing through soon. It is a hard three days run from here, we will stop only twice for water and food. Do you understand?"

DeletedUser

But ranger, shall the elves of Du'ellofar join Tiran in this war? and shall you direct me to them?

And yes Témalad we shall see on the battlefield.

But none of us here has yet seen the army, I have only but seen the destruction of what it has cause, and the people they have slain, this will be no easy fight.

Deleted User - 819397

Regal nodded, satisfied. "I have no doubt you will keep your word." he said. When he heard they were to run he smiled slightly. "You might want to add a day or so to that total...we do not have the endurance of an elf. I'll run as fast as I can as long as I can, but I have no doubt it will not be enough to reach the caravans in three days." He shouldered his shield, which had a loop to store his axe-lance for easy transport. "If we are to make the most admirable attempt, we should leave immediately."

DeletedUser

"I will not, you may look like an elf, but Du'ellofar take kindly to none, but themselves. I will not be the first ranger to betray them." Ryn'ntar shook his head.

"We must hurry, the caravans will not wait for men theey do not even know are coming."

Without another word, Ryn'ntar turned and began to lope through the underbrush.

DeletedUser

If that is so, I wish you look ranger , you are just delaying the inevitable and increasing the chance of Tiran losing this war. And with that Faeron ran to where the group had first met in the elves sacred area and meditated, listening to the nature. many hours passed before he stopped and made his way to where he believed the elves to be, but it was an illusion.

He meditated for many more hours before he could hear and see in his mind an elf a little south of him. He stood up and ran towards it.

DeletedUser

Dosot followed the young ranger. However, he was able to keep up with the ranger. If anybody had the power of magic, they could see that Dosot was running one of his many magical talents. The Agility of Gunkar, an elf ranger turned paladin in the days of old. He was fast, but with the light, he increased his agility and speed 50 fold. He taught this to other paladins, and due to this, paladins, even when equipped in heavy plate armor, could be as fast and agile as a ranger.

Deleted User - 819397

Regal was slightly slower than Ryn'ntar and Dosot, but his endurance matched theirs, possibly outmatching them. He avoided any patches of ground that would slow him, allowing him to remain around 10 feet behind the two faster men. While he ran, images tickled the back of his mind. It almost seemed to him that his former memories were daring him to remember them. He couldn't understand what running would mean to his past, but he didn't want to know. Attempting to keep the memories back, he was mostly silent as they ran.

DeletedUser

"Well, the battle won't get any easier if we don't even try to fight it", said Témalad, continuing into the forest with the rest of the party. All those years of traveling the world on foot had taught him to focus more on keeping a steady pace than speed alone. Although he began the trek near the end of the column, he began to move closer to the front as the others grew tired. He slowed down for nothing, even drinking from his canteen without missing a step. He allowed his mind to float to wherever it wished to go, from past memories and responsibilities to happy fantasies of ale and women. Lost in thought, he moved casually along, almost intuitively.

DeletedUser

They ran hard, Ryn'ntar pushed them through the night the first day of the journey. This time of year the nights were the best time to travel long distances. The sun would beat down upon them through the day, so, disregarding what he had told them earlier, Ryn'ntar called for a stop under a tall pine tree.

A babbling brook meandered through the clearing and Ryn'ntar took long drinks from it, by cupping his hands together and dipping them into the river. He was throughly disgusted, his party had made so much noise, he was sure the Demon Giant himself had lost sleep. Only Dosot and the mysterious man named Regal had been able to keep the pace through the thick underbrush, the others lagged behind by a few yards.

Ryn'ntar Toro'eth stood to address the group as a whole "This is the season for warmth, so we will rest here through the day and start out again when the moon rises once more. Do you all agree?"

Deleted User - 819397

Regal nodded, out of breath. He had ran long distances before without trouble, but not through a full night as well...he just was glad that his pride had remained intact by being able to keep up with Ryn'ntar, as he wanted to prove himself to the elf-trained human. He sat down, holding his head...the memories were becoming too strong, he was having trouble holding them back. All at once, they broke through, and Regal collapsed on the ground, unconscious as he remembered...

A horde of goblins carrying him across a dense forest...feeling pain, realizing he was as good as dead...

Escaping from the goblins in the middle of the night while they slept...

Getting ambushed by the goblins, getting hit hard over the head...

The first memory he had of the woman while goblins pillaged the village, although this time he heard her words..."Run...leave me, you cannot do anything." Hearing his own voice, denying her request. "I can help you..." Feeling himself run forward, towards her...he was too late, as the goblin had reached her. As the sword came down on her...the woman screamed at him..."F'lar!!!!!!" Getting hit right over the head, after watching the woman die...

As the memory Regal was hit over the head, he jerked awake, sitting up so fast it made his head spin...He noticed his companions looking at him concernedly...his heart racing, he sorted through the memories...the one word the woman had screamed..."F'lar..." Regal muttered...something inside his head clicked, and he knew what it was. He stood up, all traces of tiredness gone. "I remember my name...F'lar..." he said..."I still don't remember most of my past, but I remember the most important thing about me..." he turned to Ryn'ntar. "I don't know, but does my name mean anything? It sounds elvish to me..."

DeletedUser

Témalad heard Regal's distress, and turned towards him. "Well then, I guess I'll start calling you F'lar now. I agree, that sounds Elvish, but you don't look like an Elf to me. What could that mean?" He turned onto is back, gazing at the stars. "I remember my past quite vividly", he said, "but I don't like to talk about it. I would only tell the details to somebody I was close to, which is pretty much nobody, since I'm on the move so much."