The Tiran Wars

Deleted User - 819397

Regal was confused beyond belief now. What triggered the memory, and what would come of himself if his old life was unlocked. Also, the hostility between the elf with the one human to the rest of the group was surprising. He had thought that the elves were quite friendly. Not when someone is in their sacred areas a voice inside his head said. Thinking that it was the elf, he said out loud, "You don't need to speak to me telepathically...I'm quite capable of talking..." He took a moment to examine the other men, then started as a fourth man entered the clearing. "It seems that we're being drawn to here..." he turned to the elf, bowing. "Is there perhaps a force that draws mortals here, Lady?" he asked.

DeletedUser13682

Coenwulf shook his head, and spoke in the standard language of the area. "I'm afraid I can't do that. I need to stay here and train. I've heard of the great Devil, and his return. I'm training in my tribe's lands, for the days of battle that are ahead. I cannot go out of these lands until I am ready, and I am not ready yet. Please, do not bother me, and one more thing. I'm disappointed in the Du'ellofar. I was only showing courtesy to the boy, and I get repaid in threats. Good bye." Coenwulf turned to leave, when he nearly ran into another person. "Mein Gott! What are you doing here? We settled a land dispute, that's what happened. Now, I shall really go." But, before Coenwulf could leave again, another person came into the clearing. "Jesus Christus! How many more people are going to come here?" Coenwulf turned for a third time to leave, but stopped when he heard the last newcomer ask a question. "A force? Seriously? The only reason why you all are here, is probably because you heard the commotion caused by us. There is no force that drew us here."

DeletedUser

When the man in the strange armor was done talking, Témalad wasn't sure how to react. He still had no idea what was going on, who everybody was, and least of all, why in seven Hells the Elf was naked.

"Well", he began, "this funny talking guy has a point in that I was drawn here looking for a job, but on the other hand, I don't normally go so far out of my way. Maybe there is some sort of force? Take it from me, spirits can be pretty hard to understand. Regardless, I'm kinda looking forward to all this demon business. I reckon demon armor sells for a fair price."

He looked at the other humanoids in the clearing, with a subtle thought that they all may think he was completely insane.

DeletedUser

"Lady T'omarow, I'm afraid I can't do that. I have no home, besides this one where my mother came from. I do not remember much of her, but I wish to learn of her. I come here not as a human, or as a holy paladin of Fal'En. I come here as an elf, returning to his home. I am not the enemy my lady, the Demon Giant is. All I ask is food and shelter, and some knowledge. Then I shall be on my way to the capital your ladyship to report the loss of Fal'En to the human king. I beg of you to assist me," Dosot said to her.

He bowed on one knee and held his sword in front of him. "I shall relinquish all weapons, and anything else for that matter, to you if need be. I will obey all rules of yours my lady T'omarow," he said. He bowed his head before her and her disciple, another human. "If you can assist one human, can you not assist the son of a human and elf?"

DeletedUser

So none but he could hear this, Lady T'omarowee pulled a small stone from the pocket of her tunic. She held it in her hand, before falling into the magic and forming words in her mind "I will be truthful with you, Dosot Faner, because you are a small portion Du'ellofar. You're mother disgraced us, she left the forest and risked destroying our entire way of life by having you. This yung man you see before was chosen from the rubble of Haunts, an orphan. The fighting with the demons have decimated our already small numbers, we must find a way to end the fighting. I only see one way to do go with Ryn'ntar Toroe'th, help him build the village of Haunts once again. Then return here, I will tell you of your mother."

"You're presences here in the glade soils this place." Ryn'ntar said "My lady has ordered me away, so I will guide you to the town of Therin." Ryn'ntar turned and picked up his bow from the ground "Please turn away and meet me a mile south of this place. I am not fit for travel right now, give me half an hour."

Ryn'ntar turned around and disappeared into the foliage. He made his way through the forest at a full run, so fast that none that were not Du'ellofar could follow. He did not make a sound, broke no twigs under his feet andd vaulted logs in a single leap. He ran for tenn mintues at full speed, until he came to a jumble of fallen over logs. He knelt in between a pair of fallen trees and got onto his hands and knees and crawled between the two logs.

Underneath the fallen logs, the holes stuffed with dirt and mud to keep the place warm in the winter months, was the place the young Ranger had called home for eleven years. In a corner was a small bed, made of pine bows and needles. A dead tree stump served as a table next to the bed and in a small bundle on the floor, were Ryn'ntar Toroe'th's clothes.

He got dressed quickly, in the green leggings, tunic and leather moccasins. Once he was dressed, he sheathed the sword at his hip and strun gthe bow over a shoulder. Ryn'ntar left his home at a run, heading for the place he had indicated about ten minutes previous.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Témalad observed as the nude Elf finished his sentence and dashed off into the woods. He gazed at the other individuals still in the clearing. There was a moment of awkward silence penetrating the air, attacking their ears with a ferocity noise could never achieve.

"Now that the naked Elf peaced on us, what do you suppose we do?", he queried. "Should we take him seriously and show up a mile south of here in a half hour?
Or did he just take the wrong potion? I'm going regardless. Either he has a job opportunity to bestow upon me, or I can be entertained by an intoxicated Elf in his birthday suit. Either way, I win. But before we all head on out, let's get to know each other. I'm Témalad, and I like ale, whiskey and smashing things with a sword and/or axe. How about you guys?"

Deleted User - 819397

Regal sighed in relief...someone else had broken the ice. "I go by Regal, but I remember nothing of my past...all I know is I had a traumatic experience a long while back that involved goblins...I don't even remember my actual name...however, I do know who I am now, and that's a warrior...I think we should follow the elf-man's instructions...the hostility in the air was quite obvious by the end...I don't want to be here when he passes by here again."

DeletedUser13682

Coenwulf shook his head. "Excuse me for a while. I'm afraid I will not be able to accompany you Menschen with the naked human. I need to stay here, continue training, and then kill the great Devil, and hopefully return to my tribe a victorious warrior, restore my name, and, as that Grimm guy says, live happily ever after." Coenwulf walked out of the clearing, in about a northwesterly direction, and returned to where he was training before.

DeletedUser

teer ogari walked into a town which had been recently raided by the armies of the demon giant. there was nothing left, houses were burnt to the ground, there was bodies everywhere. he and his men walked through one derelict street after the other, the destruction was everywhere, teer could smell death in the air. he heard one of his men utter a short prayer, and he began to wonder if the armies of the demon giant could be stopped...

DeletedUser

Dosot bowed his head before the Lady, to show that he had heard her, and would obey her wishes. He sheathed his sword and turned around. "Tell your disciple I shall meet him Theirin," Dosot Faner said. He grabbed his hood and pulled it over his head, to keep his head warm. He walked away towards Theirin. Obviously, he would not make it there before the Lady's disciple had returned to guide him there. He ignored the other's that were around him, and continued on his way.

DeletedUser

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Regal", said Témalad. "I guess the funky armor guy wants out of this. So it's just us and the naked humanoid, as far as I can tell. If we head out now, we should be able to make it a mile by the time his half hour is up".

Témalad turned south and began walking. "Aren't you coming? Let's go!" He called back to Regal.

Deleted User - 819397

Regal started; he had been lost in thought. He nodded to Témalad and started after him. As they walked, he pondered how to explain his vision earlier, and what he thought it was. Eventually, he decided not to say anything for fear of triggering another memory. He did not wish to have his old self fight his new one for dominance...he had no doubt that he would not survive the experience sane. Instead, he asked, "I'm afraid I haven't heard much of the going ons in the world...I know the Demon King is back...thus the increase in monsters of all varieties, but what else has occurred?"

DeletedUser13682

"Oh nothing much," said Conewulf, leaping from behind a tree. "There's been a few little things, like human murdering human, peaceful elves up north getting pushed down south, to make way for farmland. Queen acts against king, brings animals into castle to research the demon. Other than that, not much going on." Coenwulf whistled a small tune, and started walking toward the place where everyone was supposed to meet the boy. "I finished my training, so, I'll come along with you guys now. Congratulations. You have a certified Axonia warrior in your midst."

DeletedUser

Faeron and the other elves ran night and day through the hills and forests of Tiran’s countryside, catching up with the Demon Giants army.

It was late at night on their second day of travelling when Faeron heard screams, he and the other elves stopped, listened for a minute and decided to see what was the matter. As they neared the place from where they heard the shouts they could see fire, it was a campsite being attacked by Goblins.

Faeron signalled to the other elves who drew their bows in unison. They took aim and shot, one by one the Goblins fell, it was pitch black except for the fires but the elves eyesight was much better than that of humans. Once all the goblins were dead they continued on their path without revealing themselves to the humans.

The elves encountered many goblin parties, killing them all before they finally reached Coran's Pass, but it was too late, the village had already been destroyed, the humans living in it slaughtered mercilessly. What Coran’s Pass actually is, A great Gateway to the Kingdom of Tiran built into a cliff that covers the countryside for miles un-end, which had just been smashed, the cliff had just been destroyed, not even the most powerful elven mages together would be capable of such a feat. They had arrived within hours after the battle but too late nonetheless. The elves killed the goblins and orcs remaining before deciding what to do. This war was now within Tiran itself, the first cities will be attacked soon. ''Lets just hope the King has prepared an army already'' said Faeron. ''I will go talk with the elves of Du'ellofar'' Said Faeron again, ''You must go back to Feras and inform them of the invasion of Tiran. “All of Tiran is counting on you the get the elves from Rwendia to help in this war”

Deleted User - 819397

Regal nodded. "That's...reassuring, although it'd help if I knew where that is...I hate not knowing my past, and yet at the same time it's better not knowing..." he trailed off, then picked up the line of discussion again. "I'm not half bad with my axe-lance and shield combo...I'm a decent warrior myself..." He trailed off into thought. He still didn't know what had triggered his memory, and he didn't know if he should attempt to have the memory enhanced or leave it...it almost felt like a second person was starting to assert control over his mind...

DeletedUser

Témalad was surprised at Funkyarmorman's return (he had elected to call Coenwulf "Funkyarmorman" until he found out his real name). "My", he said. "That was quick. You completed your training in, what, ten, fifteen minutes? Actually, if you kept the same pace catching up with us, it must've taken you under a minute. My, you must be a fast worker. Anyway, I fight with a simple, 3-step system:
1. Pick up weapon.
2. Strike enemy with weapon.
3. Repeat as necessary.
Hey, it's worked for me for the past 20 or so years."

He kept walking along with the group, until he spotted another clearing ahead. "Well, it's been about a mile and almost a half hour, suppose this is the place? No sign of the naked humanoid, though", he said with weak anticipation.

DeletedUser13682

Coenwulf shrugged. "I only needed to get one move right. And I did it on the first try. I've been here a long time." Coenwulf yawned, and stopped walking for a moment to pick up a stick. "Besides. Your system only works on small rodents and petty thieves with no skill. You need to be able to defeat even the elven rangers if you want to stand a chance against the enemy. It will take a long time."

DeletedUser

Ryn’ntar Toro’eth sped through the trees with the speed, dexterity and silence of one of the great cats of the mountains. He never slowed, not even when the trail went straight up. Ryn’ntar used the trees as a second road, when the trail was blocked, and jumped from branch to branch easily and without fault. His finely toned and worked human body was able to accomplish feats of strength the Du’ellofar would never be able to. The elves had trained a human, had developed and molded his mind and body to the highest of elven standards and then, forced him to go higher.

Becoming Du’ellofar was as hard as anything on earth. Each night, a human only got five hours of rest, before Serban, or another elf would smash a stick against the side of you’re head until you were fully awake. Entire days were devoted to a single task. Sometimes, the Du’ellofar would use an entire night to train the Ranger in the ways of the mind. The Dance of The Sword was a secret and none but the elves teaching it and the Ranger knew of it’s existence, it made the elves and Rangers the most deadly foes on earth, with the sword.

It was five minutes early, when Toro’eth came to the clearing. He already heard the approaching party. They were making enough noise to raise the dead. The big ‘Saxone’ was making the most noise by far, boasting about his fighting prowess.

Toro’eth smiled, thinking back across the miles and times to a very sad memory for the young ranger. The Saxone’s bragging had woken a memory thought lost. Hugo Gutter had supposedly been a great knight of the King’s army at one point in his life. He was a fat man now, heavy drinking replacing hard work and dedication. He owned the tavern in Haunts and was above all else, an incessant braggart. Many nights, Ryn’ntar had heard his father laugh at the man. Sure enough, when the goblins had attacked, they had not found him leading a charge, but instead cowering under the bar in his tavern, clutching prayer beads in his hands, as vailantly as he supposedly clutched a sword.

Ryn’ntar was sitting happily on a branch of a large pine tree, when the group finally entered the clearing. He sat on the branch for a long moment, without making a sound. Before he rolled off the branch and dropped a full fifteen feet to the ground, landing on his feet, still silent.

“It is a long road to Therin, we must start now and continue through the night.” Ryn’ntar motioned with his arm in a follow me gesture and sat off into the trees at a fast walk.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

The proud ship cut through the waters of the I’tchmando river. At the helm a tall dark man held onto the wheel, piloting his ship through the water with no trouble at all.

Silvar It’cham Vatta’s thoughts were many miles to the north, with a beautiful woman, the love of his life. All about his boat, Silvar’s crew bustled about, keeping the sails headed north, towards her. Her long golden locks made his heartbeat quicken, at just the thought. Her heart shaped face and sapphire eyes winked in his mind, calling to him. He smiled, his white teeth showing in the early morning.

Each time he was called to castle Eff’ngham he felt this way, she was there waiting in the backrooms for him. She loved him, he knew and one day, somehow they would be together in more then these guilty frolics away from all else. One day, Marie Dun Eff’ngham would find a way to be with him and him alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"Funkyarmorman, you have no idea who you're talking to", Témalad replied with a grimace. "For twenty years, I've traveled across countless lands, and fought creatures from rats to mountain trolls, and men from drunken bums to elite paladins, and everything in between. It's farcical to say my tactics didn't work against all of them."

They stepped into the clearing, and the humanoid appeared from the treetops, fully clothed, much to Témalad's surprise. "It is a long road to Therin, we must start now and continue through the night", he said before beginning to take off into the woods again.

"Hold on!", Témalad interjected. "There's still a lot we need to know. Who are you? What do you want from us? Why were you naked earlier?" There were many more questions running through his mind, but he had no time to ask them all.

DeletedUser

Dosot ignored all but the elf. "Greetings disciple. My name is Dosot Faner. It is glad to have a loyal disciple of the lady to join us," he said in a polite manner. He turned around and asked,"Must we bring them along? I'd rather kick them to the curb. Well, maybe all but the Saxon and that Regal character. They seem like an alright bunch."