The Tiran Wars

DeletedUser

He looked at "Regal". "F'lar? I remember that name from Fal'En...F'lar, the Wanderer. A local name at the tavern. You were a local legend, I remember. Known for wandering from town to town, taking jobs, killing creatures, just a local mercenary. But you were known for your "only kill when needed" policy. You spared many a creature, goblins, dragons. You talked to them, you became their friend. If someone stole, you convinced them to give it back. If someone killed another, you brought them to justice, but didn't kill them. I remember that F'lar meant "Protect" in Elvish. Am I correct Ryn'ntar?" Dosot said.

DeletedUser

"I would not know. I know that F'lar has no literal translation in elvish, at least among my people." Ryn'ntar shook his head, looking around the forest "I would not know of the elves of the south."

The woods seemed sinister to Ryn'ntar,something about them put him on edge. He had the feeling tthat if he felt something behind him and turned, it would step behind his field of vision. It was not a good feeling to have, after a night's journey.

"We must rest, this night we will try and match this night's progress. I hope to be in Therin by the end of the night before next. Go to sleep upon your memories, Regal, you may find that it will open doors previously locked."

DeletedUser

Faeron stalked the little elf for about half an hour before revealing himself.
''I am Faeron of Rwendia'' he announced. The other elf turned quickly and drew an arrow in his bow with such speed that it could hardly be seen. He lowered it slightly. ''What do you want here elf?'' ''I must speak with your leaders''
''I cant allow that'' spoke the other elf . ''We must get help from the elves of Du'ellofar in the war against the Demon Giant! demanded Faeron. ''They will come for the elves once the humans are destroyed, we must stand together or die one by one.
''You tire my patience elf spat the other, who clearly did not think kindly towards the elves of Rwendia.
''Stay here'' I will get another elf to deal with you. ''I will be here later'' said the smaller elf.

The hours passed and Faeron sat and waited for the other elves. It was getting dark when the elves finally came, their was five of them, arrows drawn and pointing at him. ''Come with us, we shall lead you to Du'ellofar, but first we must make sure you don't remember the path to it. The five elves leapt into Faerons mind , he tried to fight back but there was too many. They now controlled his mind and did so for the rest of the journey to Du'ellofar.
He was sent to a high elf where they talked for hours about the matter. He was offered to stay the night there while they discussed the issue. The next day they were going to be held before a court of elves to decide whether to join the war or not.

DeletedUser

teer and his men ran through the forest as fast as they could go, since leaving the town, they had been attacked by a large orcish force, and teer had decided not to fight, so the party fled, closely followed by the orcs. eventually they reached a small clearing teer stopped. "i think we've lost them." he said. "we better have, if they catch up we shall have no choice but to fight." replied his most trusted mercenary, gar'yhtu. "where are we?" asked one of the other men. gar'yhtu took out a map. " we are in the forest just outside the elvish town of Du'ellofar." he said. "good. i shall seek council with their leader, to see why they have made no effort to stop the hordes of the demon giant." teer said. "we shall move tomorrow. set up camp."
they set off for Du'ellofar the next day.

DeletedUser

((Du'ellofar is not a town! Du'ellofar are the elves living in the forest.))

Deleted User - 819397

(I'm interpreting it as the Du'ellofar instead of just De'ellofar)

F'lar's mind was set at ease at Dosot's words. "Thank you...it heartens me to know I was a good person before as well..." When Ryn'ntar suggested he sleep on it, he nodded. "I think that'd be a good idea, if not just to prepare for the run tomorrow. Night all." With that, he slid his shield off his back, taking the axe-lance out of it's section on the shield, and lay down, using the inside of the shield (it was padded) as a pillow. He was soon asleep.

DeletedUser

Faeron arrived before the council of elves, there was about 50 of the in an arena like building, Faeron was made walk into the middle of the arena like building so all the elves who circled him could see. And so began the talks that might last for days. He was questioned and pressed for many answers, some which he didn't have. Their were many elves who resented the elves of Rwendia due to the Elven War a few hundred years back, but most of the elves didn't let that interfere with their decision. Their were three elves that rallied most support, Lady T'omarowee, Verwë and Guth'er who held the support of the elves that resented those of Rwendia.

Faeron decided that the only two he could gain trust of were Verwë, who had most support and Lady T'omarowee, who he decided to see first for he might not be able to gain Verwë's support without hers.

And so after the discussions he talked with her, they went to river bed and sat, talking about the war and other random things before she finally whispered to him, ''You are very serious about this and you have my support in the matter, but in order to get Verwë's support, you must do this... sudenly out of the trees came Guth'er, ''Ha she said, picking sides already, wait till Verwë hears about this'' she spat. ''Like you haven't already'' She replied distastefully. '' I am open to both arguments '' Replied Guth'er mockingly. ''If you say a word i will tell him of the incident last year'' replied Lady T'omarowee. '' You wouldn't dare!'' said Guth'er menacingly. ''Wouldn'y I?'' said the Lady. And with that Guth'er walked away fuming. ''What did happen last year?'' asked Faeron. ''Its complicated'' said Lady T'omarowee, maybe I will tell you some other time...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Dosot nodded and said,"Good night then everybody." He jumped into a tree, and with his light magic, made a bed for him. He turned the leaves into a pillow and the light supported him like a mattress. He soon fell into a deep sleep.

DeletedUser13682

Coenwulf ran with the rest of the group, not really saying anything, just meditating on the past, the present, and what might happen in the future. He believed that the only way he would be able to rejoin his tribe was to kill the great Demon, and bring back its head, or some other proof that he killed it. Coenwulf was thinking of this when the group stopped for a rest. "Well, if we need to sleep, then I guess we can. But, I shall keep the first watch. Whoever wants the second watch, wake me up when the moon is a quarter way down from its zenith."

DeletedUser

Ryn'ntar did not sleep, the Du'ellofar had instilled in him very early in his training that such things were not requirements, that during sleep the mind connected back with the natural world, but that a stilling of the mind and a feeling from the earth was what rested the body once more. So instead of sleeping, Ryn'ntar fell back into the state he had been in when the humans had invaded the glade, a meditative state in which he was resting, but was still aware of the forest around him.

In his mind, the images burnt into his memory that fateful night almost a decade ago. The death, the goblins, orcs and giants, as they stepped over thewalls of Haunts as if it were a bump in the road. A foul stench assailed his nostrils, the smell of goblin, orc and demon. The smell was so violent and permeating, that he almost dismissed it as dream, until he heard the tell-tale grating of a badly made orcish blade becoming battle ready.

Ryn'ntar was instantly aware of his surroundings, his evish abilities informed him that none were awake. The Half-elf was asleep in the tree above him, the newly named F'lar was also sleeping, curled into a ball next to where Ryn'ntar had been laying.

Kneeling, Ryn'ntar Toro'eth reached over and clamped a vice-like grip over F'lar's mouth. When his companion's eyes shot open, the ranger put a finger to his lips, in the universal sign for silence. He then made an ugly face, that he hoped resembled an orc.

Fumbledumb The Bold, was not very heroic. In fact his name was rather ironic, as he was not at all bold, but was instead cowardly. His greenish skin was now wrapped in black-human smelling fabric, so he could blend in with the night time forest, like the rest of the war party.

Flang Burtwart, the orcish commander of the war party, was directly in front of the cowardly goblin Fumbledumb. Flang stood well over seven feet tall, every inch of it corded muscle. He wore many many human scalps, drapped across his beefy chest. Fumbledumb, if anyone ever bothered to ask the goblin, thought him to be rather stereotypical, big, dumb, skillful with a blade, but dumber then an average orc. Fumbledumb didn't think whatever orcish group that chose the warriors weren't the shinyest blade in the armory cave.

All around Fumbledumb, the orcs drew their assorted weaponry. Axes, swords, maces and spears were in a wide variety, but there was also a goodly number of halbreds and garrots in evidence. Fumbledumb felt incredibly small, when faced with the tall orcs, he was a mere three feet high. His self esteem was once again assaulted, as he noticed that the knife he held was a only three inches long.

Fumbledumb The Bold nerely soiled his buckskins, as the Orc Flang raised his five foot long sword above his head and yelled at the top of his lungs "Slaughter them boys!"

Silvar It'cham Vatta smiled his brilliant white smile at Queen Marie Eff'ngham, as they walked through the Castle Eff'ngham. She wore a flowing white and gold gown that had many layers of skirts, sheilding her perfect legs from sight, as the hem drug across the ground. Marie's lips were a shade of gorgeous crimson, as she leaned in close and whispered what was to come, if he met her at this spot later that evening. A strand of her long aubrun hair fell over her face, as she spoke in a husky tone to her lover.

Indeed, the captain wanted to, he loved this woman, as he was sure she loved him. As he leaned in their lips brushed so slightly that neither party felt the intimate touch. Silvar spoke of things that caused the Queen's cheeks to turn a violent shade of crimson.

So it was that later that night, Silvar It'cham Vatta and Marie Dun Eff'ngham met in their prearraged location. They immediately fell all over each other in fits of passion that would send a chastity bound woman into hysteria. Silvar relished his time with Marie, as with nothing else. They fit perfectly together, he tall, handsome and bold, her slender, beautiful and seductive.

But this night was unlike the countless one's they had spent together before, for outside the small greenhouse secreted in a remote and forgotten corner of the castle gardens a band of figures lurked to reveal the lovers. King Marka'lo Dun Eff'ngham stood with his best friend, Duke Terioth, by the side of the greenhouse. They listened with mixed emotions of the loud moans eminating from the building, The King listened with a profound sense of betrayal and loss, while the Duke listened because he was genuinely intrested.

The King straightened his posture and walked to the door of the lover's secret place. The king had noticed the smear of the red Marie put upon her lips and in that tiny blotch of color, he watched his entire world flow away on a swift tide.

Deleted User - 819397

F'lar woke up as Ryn'ntar covered his mouth. He didn't understand the expression, but he could tell from his taut mannerisms that they were soon to be under attack. He was instantly awake, soundlessly slipping his shield over his arm and grabbing his axe-lance, twirling it experimentally. Satisfied, he moved to wake one of the others when the yell came from the attackers, waking the others up in a flash. To give them time to wake up properly, he set himself up to ambush anyone coming from the direction the yell came from. An orc charged passed him, then stopped short as the lance end of F'lar's weapon pierced his heart. Pulling his weapon out of the corpse, he launched himself into battle. His style was truly unique. He was constantly spinning his weapon around, axe side to lance side and back. When he came in contact with an enemy, he would flip to the side that would best help him and then launched an offensive that always cost the opponent it's life. He saw that one of his allies (in the heat of battle he couldn't be sure who) was about to be flanked by an orc. He leaped over another orc, slashing it's head open with the axe side, then finished the spin and stabbed his next target with the lance side. he then used the body as a catapult, sending it flying over his ally's head and slamming into the orc he had been fighting. He then jumped away.

F'lar's fighting style could easily be called almost like a dance. He used his shield and axe-lance in such graceful maneuvers, it seemed unreal at times. Not to say he escaped unscathed; he had several cuts, some shallow, others deeper. As he fought, he was constantly watching his allies, making sure they were not in trouble. However, this led to be a mistake, as the orcs soon had him completely surrounded. Frowning, he looked for a way to get out of the mess, but found none. He winced as a memory flew into him, this one of a strange man who had watched him forge his weapon. "This is a fine weapon" he had said, "but it is nothing unique. I will add my own personal touch to this one, as I feel you will help tip the scales in the upcoming war." Saying no more, he sent a flux of power into the red hot metal. "Now if you stab the ground with the lance end, a wave of power will come out, obliterating all foes in it's radius...be warned though, it will take much energy from you...use it only in dire straights...in fact, I will remove this memory from your mind until you have need of it...

F'lar snapped back to reality as the orcs lunged at him. Trusting in his memory, he stabbed the ground. Those who could see magic would see the initial flux of energy come from the weapon, but the rest of the energy came from F'lar. The orcs flew backward, slamming into trees and breaking their necks. F'lar felt completely drained though, and staggered into a kneeling position...the attack had taken more than he had expected, and he didn't know if he could ever use the attack again. Seeing that his allies were still fighting, he slowly stood back up and charged back into the fray.

(I'm removing the sexual innuendo rule...it was kind of restrictive...just nothing obvious...I'll still have a rule about blatant things, but not vague like Peril's post...so you can do that.)

DeletedUser13682

(I was awake, you PERILous little ranger boy)

Coenwulf heard a muffled, well... a muffled huh sound, that's really the best way to describe it, though you wouldn't really get what the sound was, unless if you were there to hear it, which none of you were, so stop dwelling on it. Anyway, Coenwulf heard a muffled huh, coming from the direction of the amnesiac, causing worry in Coenwulf. Stealthily, so that not even a bat would hear him, Coenwulf snuck over to the sound, seeing ranger boy over amnesiac. Now, this obviously caused curiosity to come forth in Coenwulf, which inclined him to ask what ranger boy was doing, but, before the first word could escape his lips, a loud "SLAUGHTER THEM BOYS!", in a loud orcish voice, erupted from the woods.

"Everybody, wake up! Weapons ready! Prepare to fight!" A couple orcs, about 6 feet eleven, charged at Coenwulf, who dispatched them with ease, from a couple of swings of his große Messer. Now, seeing as orcs are about as smart as your common garden gnome, they kept trying to charge Coenwulf, who continued to cut them down to little orc bits. After a few minutes of doing this, Coenwulf saw that amnesiac was surrounded by orcs, and, wanting to be the hero, decided to help out. But, right when he jumped into the ring of orcs, a powerful force shot out from amnesiac's weapon, sending the orcs, and, more importantly, Coenwulf, into the surrounding area. Only a few skillful rolls saved Coenwulf's life. "Jesus Christus. What was that thing? No bother. Tell me later," Coenwulf said, cutting down another orc who thought he could successfully charge. "Where's the leader of this group, so we can get this over with? It's not that I'm tired, it's just that I'm bored."

DeletedUser

teer and his men walked towards the gates of the elven town in the woods, but, as they grew closer, teer heard a screaming noise coming from behind him, he turned around just in time to see thousands of orcs beginning their charge towards him and his men. "it's the orcs from the town! the little *******s are back!" teer shouted. "take up a defensive position!" yelled gar'yhtu, who then took out his bow and begin spewing out arrows. "gar'ythu, frhyuut, give us cover, everyone else, CHARGE!" teer shouted at the top of hsi voice, almost at once, he and his men charged forwards, screaming their battlecrys, towards the orcs. time to make a stand. teer thought as he whirled his mace into the side of an orc's head, he smashed the spiked boss of his shild into another, who reeled away in pain. he ran to the top of a rock and leaped down into the mass of frenzied orcs, whirling his mace around, killing many, but still the orcs came, and still they fell, but teer knew that he could not withstand this forever, he and his men needed a miracle...

DeletedUser

It was the second day of the elven talks and with Lady T'omarowee's help things went a lot better. After the talks the second day Faeron was sent on his way and the elves were to talk it over themselves. He got his arrow and bow and went to a shooting range where he found 2 other elves. He decided to see what the other elves were like with their bows and challenged them to a archery competition. One declined, but the other accepted and said ''Ha you elves of Rwendia must learn that we are better with our bows''. Faeron matched and beat his every shot until finally another elf came into view. "Tâlrathon what are you doing?" "I was trying to show this elf from Rwendia our skills with a bow". Then the other elf took up his bow and said "If that is what you want then I suggest let another elf show him our skills" He took aim from where he stood and hit a straight bullseye, then Faeron matched it. "This is too easy for both of I see" He said after a few more shots, "meet me on that hill top you see there before you leave". Faeron nodded and walked away, he packed what little belongings he had with him and made his way to the hill top. "Their he found the elf he had talked to before and another one. "Here is where our best archers come for practice.
Their is many targets from here, each for different level of skill. Have a try at the first one, he pointed at a target half-ways down the hill, Faeron drew an arrow and hit it, so did the other elf. the next target was at the bottom of the hill, they both hit it again, and again with the third but then finally on the fourth one the other elf missed but Faeron hit it at the very edge, he tried the fifth which was moving and very far away Faeron missed, The other elf who had not said a word stepped up and drew his bow pulling it back as far as it could go, he let loose the arrow and it dug deep into the fifth target. Faeron gazed at it, he wasn't the best archer from Rwendia but he wasn't sure if any could do this. "This is Aranyan, he is the best archer of the Du'ellofar" Faeron stood silent for a few moments before saying "Nice to meet you Aranyan, but I must leave, their is much more I must do". Aranyan stood still not saying a word and Faeron left. He walked back through the forest and after some time he heard the sounds of battle, he listened closer and from what he could tell it was where he had imagined the Du'ellofar to be before he had seen the elf and brought to their actual city which he still did not know where it was. It only crossed his mind now that he wouldn't be able to return but then he was brought back to reality when he heard the clash of baldes again. He readied his bow and ran to the spot where the fighting was going on...

DeletedUser

Témalad woke with a start, seeing Orcs charging about, and some of his comrades waking up. Springing to his feet, he fumbled through his supplies, looking for a weapon. He grabbed a szabla in one hand and a small axe in the other. He then lunged at the Orcs, while screaming "Koratal nituru da ielke Erotomen!", which means something considerably rude in his native tongue. It was customary among his kind to attempt to distract the enemy in such a manner. He slashed clean through an Orc's throat with the szabla, and hacked at another's head with the axe. He turned around just in time to parry a blow from another Orc with his szabla, and quickly bring down the axe upon the Orc's chest. Assuming the Orc was either dead or wounded by the blow, he instinctively jumped back to find another target.

While hacking away at the incoming Orcs, he barely missed being hit by an Orc that was flying at him as a result of F'lar's magic. Témalad himself was almost knocked off his feet, despite being far enough away to not be tossed back. He overheard Romanarmorman asking where the Orc's leader was. "I don't know", Témalad responded, "but we can look for him. I'd expect him to be a bit better dressed than the others". Sure enough, he spotted an Orc dressed in fine, decorated armor, standing at the edge of the clearing. "That's the one", he thought, beginning to fight his way in the well-dressed Orc's direction.

DeletedUser

Ryn'ntar's blade leapt from it's sheath with such force and speed, that it looked as if it left the scabbbard on it's own. The blade flashed in the moonlight, as it bit deep into the stomach of an orc that was raising an axe to strike. The orc howled in pain, as it's entrails slid from it's body through the ragged hole in it's armor. The orc tried to continue the fight, but eventually slipped on it's own large intestine.

The elven forged blade weilded by Toro'eth sped through the air so fast, it was nearly impossible to parry. An orc's head flew from it's body, as the white flash of steel glinted once again. As the headless corpse fell, Ryn'ntar kicked it away.

As with the sword, the elven bow leapt from his back with the same speed and suddenly, arrows shot over the orc's heads and into their flesh. Three orcs went down, an arrow directly planted in the center of their broad chests. They hit the ground, blood gushing from their greivous injuries.

Fumbledumb the Bold Threw himself to the side, as a volley of elvish made arrows whisked by his head and body. He suspected that some of his hair was pulled offf aswell, the arrow was fired with such precision and force. The goblin landed on his hands and knees and began to crawl away from the battlefield, he did not know he was crawling directly towards Ryn'ntar Toro'eth.

Deleted User - 819397

F'lar kept fighting. He used his graceful fighting style to keep the foes at bay. However, his energy was getting dangerously low. To counter this, he didn't engage foes in groups but one at a time. Eventually though, he was surrounded. He cursed the old man who imbibed his weapon with the spell, as he knew he had to use it now, even though it likely meant he'd be too tired to move. He desperately hoped that he could use it more than once, and stabbed. The explosion of power was even larger than the first, and as he expected, F'lar sank to the ground, not unconscious, but too drained to move.

DeletedUser

Témalad began fighting his way through the scattered Orcs between himself and the finely-dressed Orc. He sprinted in the modish Orc's direction, swinging at the other Orcs all the while, aiming for their necks and jaws. A swing of his szabla at an Orc's throat would send it toppling to the ground, squealing in pain. An axe blow to an Orc's jaw would knock out teeth and leave a sizable gash in the Orc's face, and a strong enough swing would dislocate the jaw.

As Témalad was making his way, another wave of energy burst through, knocking him down along with most of the Orcs. With his more slender stature and lighter armor, he was able to right himself far sooner than the Orcs. He considered charging right for the well-dressed one, but then he had a better idea. while the Orcs were down, he went about striking them down one by one with single blows to their weak spots. When all the Orcs he had not slain were back on their feet, he went back to his objective.

When he reached the well-dressed Orc, he took a powerful swing with his axe at the Orc's neck. Alas, it's armor was so heavy that it left only a small scrape. Témalad jumped back, and the Orc, now noticing him, it's sword. It swung so forcefully at Témalad he needed both his axe and his szabla to parry it. He struck again at the Orc's hip, receiving only the same result. He decided to use his greater mobility to his advantage, and strafed behind the Orc, striking behind it's knee. As he expected, that area was a weak spot, and blood began pouring out of the wound. He quickly delivered several more swift blows to the same area, cutting deep into the joint of the Orc's knee. With it's leg barely being enough to support it, the Orc could not turn around to attack him. Témalad knew that time was now on his side, so he carefully swung his szabla in the Orc's underarm, causing a wound that gushed blood in a steady stream. With all the will of a lumberjack unto a tree, he drove the axe into the back of the Orc's knee, causing it to collapse to the side. With the Orc writhing on the ground, Témalad thrust the axe upon the Orc's neck. The Orc let out a scream of anguish so loud that it nearly popped Témalad's eardrums. The Orc's eyes dilated, and then rolled back into it's head.

DeletedUser

teer lashed out with his mace once more and ended up with orc brains all over his face. "dammit." he muttered. an orc ran towards him, screaming at the top of his voice. teer simply stepped aside, the orc ran past and impaled himself on a double bladed spear that was stuck into a tree. deciding to rally his men together for a stand, he called out to them, and they ran over. "gar'ythu, frhyuut, go onto those rocks over there. everyone else, form an arrowhead around them, don't let the orcs surround us!" teer shouted. the men took up positions and waited for the next onslaught...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Faeron could see a small troop of soldiers being attacked by an Orc War Party, they were out numbered. He drew an arrow to his bow and looked for their leader. He was a giant orc in heavy armour, carrying a huge axe in one hand and an even bigger sword in the other. Faeron shot, getting the orc in the chest, it was an elven arrow and it pierced his armour, but he just pulled it out as if nothing happened. Faeron started shooting arrows at the orcs from atop a small hill.
He killed many but they kept attacking the troop. A small band of orcs ran up Faeron's hill led by a 7 foot orc who carried a giant battle axe, Faeron took out the leader with his bow before meeting the others in melee combat. His elven sword was much sharper and faster than their badly made, rusty ones. He danced around them, killing them easily before running down to join the soldiers.