The NEW and IMPROVED FoM thread (+-10% content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Whenever I go on a shopping trip I always leave anywhere from 240 to 480 in the towns treasury as a thank you. I know how much it costs to build in a town so I try to help when I can. By extortion fees I meant the towns out there that want you to pay 500 just to join and then an additional % of what ever it is you want to buy.

There are a ton of towns that try to overcharge for shopping. I'd rather travel the extra time to a different town with a fair trading policy. Some towns try to charge the same fee they charge for citizenship. I don't like feeling ripped off. I always leave 500, but asking for 250 or more is too much and I'll go somewhere else.

But yes there are a ton of towns that try to rip people off.

DeletedUser

First of all Quantrillo, you know exactly how this thread was started. The OP changed his original post but it was clearly a big middle finger to Bosta who closed the previous thread due to flaming and personal insults. As I said, both sides are being childish.

Have your discussion. Keep in character while doing it. Stay within the rules of the forum. There won't be any problems if that happens. Don't open a thread to continue a closed thread and then claim it is for civilized discussion and then be shocked when people start flaming each other all over again and the thread is closed.

Just thought I would weigh in here and say the subject was not a middle finger to anyone. I was attempting to link together discussion points, not taking shots at moderators. As it happened I did so in an addle brained fashion and amended it later.

DeletedUser

See there. Why do assume he's talking about you? Maybe he was talking about Pezzle?

DeletedUser

replies I clipped out since pyramid quoting is horrid.

At the time of those insults and threats there was no report mechanism. The real point is making others aware of the types they deal with. Now, you are free not to care of course. If you go that route it brings up an interesting disconnection. If you are going to play at being a champion you have to act that way or it does not sell. Your action or inaction when presented with information speaks to the character of your cause.

As for controlling advancement. KK and others (I guess?) do not want duelers leveling up 'unfairly'. To protect the dueling status quo workers get protected and everyone goes along approved routes of advancement.

On the subject of the war dec. People are accountable for the things they do or say. You do not post a war dec unless you are going to war. Are you suggesting we should wait on the information until everyone is knocked out? Sorry, no. That is not our mess. Quantrillo apologized for his own part in it which is more than we have heard from the vast majority of FoM, including the two leaders responsible.

We do not condemn FoM for being an agressive regime. We would not condemn them for shooting at the moon and talking about pie. The truth is we don't have anything against the vast majority of FoM towns on their own. We do condemn FoM for saying one thing and doing another. The various examples we have cited go towards that. If people want to refute this they will need to do better than "no it isn't" and pages of smilies.

DeletedUser

Clearly this is what I should have done thanks for the tip Smittenkitten.

"Dear Family Project, I am about to attack you on 6/24/09 at 2:28 AM make sure everyone is awake. Please note this is a preemptive strike based on the fact our alliances are about to go to War sorry for any inconvenience this may cause & best of luck in our encounters all the best Quantrillo."

DeletedUser

That was not what I meant and you know it.

Yeh I suppose it wasn't but I actually think I might do that in future
FoM made me do it ...:D

Anyway joking aside I only found out about our apparent relationship after the event, I have not been playing as long as other members of our town. So I attempted to mend this somewhat but also make them realise the FoM alliance's culpability in this.

DeletedUser

That is not how the world works. When you join a group you gain a group identity. You gain the rights and responsibilities associated. When the group takes an action you are considered part of that group. You still have your own identity but the further out you go the more muted that becomes. That is one of the dangers of multi town alliances. As a member of that alliance actions of other members you may not even know reflect on you and you can be caught up in the fray.

You may not have direct control but that does not make you helpless. Voice for change. Take action to retain your own identity. Those can help. In the end you are still part of a group. If you do not approve of actions impacting your image do something about it or leave.

In this particular case an FoM leader faked a war dec for a silly reason. What do the others think about that?

DeletedUser13388

Clearly this is what I should have done thanks for the tip Smittenkitten.

"Dear Family Project, I am about to attack you on 6/24/09 at 2:28 AM make sure everyone is awake. Please note this is a preemptive strike based on the fact our alliances are about to go to War sorry for any inconvenience this may cause & best of luck in our encounters all the best Quantrillo."

All the soldiers,duelers,adventurers and workers out of LasVegas and SinCity,be ready for fight all the time 24/7.I warned you as gentle and honour bandit :D

Regards,DraGonFly[BG].

DeletedUser

All the soldiers,duelers,adventurers and workers out of LasVegas and SinCity,be ready for fight all the time 24/7.I warned you as gentle and honour bandit :D

Regards,DraGonFly[BG].

Can you just make sure they have lots of cash on them aswell it's a long walk and I mainly duel for profit :nowink:

DeletedUser

Just stop

:mad:you people are sad. U keep thinking that if u ask the same question over and over again thats it is going to be answered just drop it its over it is in the past and u have said and thay said what thay wont to. let this thread die pluse the mods keep closeing it y do u think that is??:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.