The NEW and IMPROVED FoM thread (+-10% content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

(some content removed for clarity of purpose)
Some have questioned the truth of our words.

Alright, let me recap some of the great truths Bat Country has told.

Bat Country told you we made a peace deal with the Coppers in early April.
- True. It is a matter of public record.

Bat Country told you Coppers violated it less than a day later demanding a different deal.
- True. A matter of public record.

Bat Country made a second and hilarious treaty later that the Coppers accepted.
- True. We did not expect them to agree, but they did and then attacked us again.

Bat Country told you about the various abusive and insulting (and in at least one case RL threat) issued by Coppers after their failed bully attempt.
- True. A matter of public record.

Bat Country told you that FoM ethos has basis in controlling the dueler advancement.
- True. The mail I have supports that. It was never refuted when brought up here.

Bat Country told you the only reason Family Project got attacked was a FoM war dec against us that FoM leaders made up as some sort of test.
- True. That is a matter of record on this very forum.

And that is just me getting started!

There would be fewer issues if FoM was a club that had rules for member towns. It seems that they do and dont on a hit and miss basis. You could all simply agree not to shoot member town workers. Instead you enforce FoM rules on non member towns. Now, how can you claim that is not a bully tactic or establishment of a regime?

It is ok to be honest about your style of playing. You can be bent on conquest or a peaceful wanderer. No one is going to rightfully judge you for simply playing. There is a difference though. You are trying to dictate how others play and attempting to wear white hats while doing it. No sir, not today.

This is Bat Country.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh my GOD .. give it rest already. NO ONE cares anymore. :nowink:

DeletedUser

Oh, that's not true, I care, I care deeply about the history of World 8.

A very precise and succinct history it is, too.

Well done, Pezzle.

DeletedUser

Players are entitled to the truth. You not caring is not the yardstick we use. FoM irresponsibility has lead to violence. You do not care? Look the other way if you like. Closing your eyes during the day does not negate the existence of the sun. Nor are you entitled to tell others they do not care.

DeletedUser

Whatever ... Bat Country is always in the right and FoM is always in the wrong ... yeah we've heard it all before .. cry us a river already.

DeletedUser

Since you flatly refuse to address the points brought up I suppose you concede them? And there is no crying from our side by the way. Does anyone actually want to address issues or is it going to be the blind eye for greater cohesion? Do you approve of the types of behavior outlined in my first post?

DeletedUser

Whatever ... Bat Country is always in the right and FoM is always in the wrong ... yeah we've heard it all before .. cry us a frigging river already.

As I said, I'm very interested in the history of World 8.

Please, point out which of Pezzle's points is incorrect. Your participation in this thread is welcome :)

An incorrect history is hardly better than none at all.

I think we can all work together to build a better community in world 8. Perhaps this thread is just the place to start!

DeletedUser

Do you really think it is a good idea to keep starting threads on the same subject the mod has closed repeatedly because the people that post in them can't control themselves? I think it is time to give it a rest.

DeletedUser

I think it is healthy to encourage discourse in an open community. Threads get closed because of spam and some people clicking report post. My posts here do not lack content.

I put the questions forward again. What do players of world 8 think of telegraph threats and repeated breaking of deals?

DeletedUser

None of those discussions were civil, not when it was an infraction fest. Not only that, the last thread Bosta closed...the OP here took the last post out of it and quoted it so this is a continuation of a closed thread. Not smart. There have been 4 or 5 of these FoM threads and they've all had to be shut down because of people posting and breaking forum rules. I don't see what new information you are going to learn in a 5th or 6th thread with the same people posting the same stuff over and over again and breaking the same rules again and again. But that is for Bosta to sort out. So have it at while you can I suppose. I think his patience is wearing thin though.

DeletedUser

Do you really think it is a good idea to keep starting threads on the same subject the mod has closed repeatedly because the people that post in them can't control themselves? I think it is time to give it a rest.

I think it's a worse idea to punish the people who are trying to have a civil discussion by closing their threads. Just because their opposition can't abide by your rules.

DeletedUser

None of those discussions were civil, not when it was an infraction fest. Not only that, the last thread Bosta closed...the OP here took the last post out of it and quoted it so this is a continuation of a closed thread. Not smart. There have been 4 or 5 of these FoM threads and they've all had to be shut down because of people posting and breaking forum rules. I don't see what new information you are going to learn in a 5th or 6th thread with the same people posting the same stuff over and over again and breaking the same rules again and again.

And do you know why I did? I am engaging in a discussion, not an emote fest of useless spam. I was addressing the public and certain issues. That topic was closed due to infractions. This one is a continuation in hopes of discussion. Infract me if you want, but realize that there is an attempt at communication here. I will post as I see fit in a very civil fashion. If those who disagree chose to fill the thread with smilies rather than thought out counterpoints that is their business. Do not punish me for their decisions.

DeletedUser

I agree with the part about continuation perhaps it could have been a bit fresher. I don't want to contest the moderation team in public as I know it's against forum rules and I should respect that. But surely an infraction fest should serve to stop people getting threads closed, rather than the other way round?

DeletedUser

At the request of my own people I have modified the original post, removing the questionable material in favor of greater discourse.

Does anyone want to challenge the truth presented there? How do you wish to represent yourselves? What is it you want from your membership? Should they stir up trouble and tell others how to play? Should they declare false war? Should they be as abusive as possible so long as not being taken to task? Should you be expected to look away?

DeletedUser

Thank you for taking Denisero's advice and making the modification.

DeletedUser

S.o.s.d.d.

You ask the same questions over and over because you refuse to listen and except the answers given to you by everyone in the last 6 or 8 threads on this subject.

Give it a rest already. We aren't going to answer any future questions from the lot of you. We tried to be civil to no avail. You ridiculed us and raged at any answers we gave you. In return I treated you like the childish bunch you display yourselves as. You are no smarter than anyone else in these forums and to say otherwise is to ridicule them. You have been rude and arrogant right down to the last post in any thread concerning this mater. And you do so on purpose. That's why we refuse to answer any further questions and play your silly little head games.

Play your game how you want. We'll do the same.

In other words take a hike already.:rolleyes:

Oh and just so you know. I have added the lot of you to my ignore list. So it does you no good to reply to this post as I won't see what you wrote.:p:D

DeletedUser

Oh and just so you know. I have added the lot of you to my ignore list. So it does you no good to reply to this post as I won't see what you wrote.:p:D

It's such a shame it had to come to this, your input will be sorely missed. Now moving on swiftly...

DeletedUser

Well, I mean he'd have a point if only it were true that they ever answered the questions. But they just turn every legit question into spin doctored balogna. The standard answer to any question seems to be, 'we already answered that you just keep bringing it up.' A lie I say. A lie.

DeletedUser

No more

ok fom has its right to play the game plz just leave them alone wait for them to forget about the do u stop to think that attacking fom on the forums that that might provoke a attack against u!!

just leave them alone and thay will leave u alone

and i am not in FOM i do not agree with what they did but u all are just being silly

Status
Not open for further replies.