The NEW and IMPROVED FoM thread (+-10% content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

You ask the same questions over and over because you refuse to listen and except the answers given to you by everyone in the last 6 or 8 threads on this subject.

Give it a rest already. We aren't going to answer any future questions from the lot of you. We tried to be civil to no avail. You ridiculed us and raged at any answers we gave you. In return I treated you like the childish bunch you display yourselves as. You are no smarter than anyone else in these forums and to say otherwise is to ridicule them. You have been rude and arrogant right down to the last post in any thread concerning this mater. And you do so on purpose. That's why we refuse to answer any further questions and play your silly little head games.

Play your game how you want. We'll do the same.

In other words take a hike already.:rolleyes:

Oh and just so you know. I have added the lot of you to my ignore list. So it does you no good to reply to this post as I won't see what you wrote.:p:D

Actually, Dusty, FOM has never answered these questions in any reasonable manner whatsoever. Your post is indicative of the types of responses FOM has given over and over again.

FOM apparently wants to dictate to others how to play the game, which is another way to game the community into rolling over for FOM.

Of course, if you or anyone else has evidence to the contrary, by all means post it!

I just really wonder why people join large alliances in a pvp game - seems to me that it's akin to paying off the mob to not attack them, although with prettier words.

It will indeed be interesting to see what happens to this large alliance when forts come in.

DeletedUser

ok fom has its right to play the game plz just leave them alone wait for them to forget about the do u stop to think that attacking fom on the forums that that might provoke a attack against u!!

just leave them alone and thay will leave u alone

and i am not in FOM i do not agree with what they did but u all are just being silly

We have insisted from day one that people are entitled to play any way they like within the limits of game rules. The public has a right to be informed and we are certainly within our rights to question public statements and actions. Threatening non members with violence for not adhering to a member code is not justice.

The fake(ish) war dec was a bad decision. Actions have consequences. Others have been made to suffer. Is that just? The leaders responsible have not expressed any remorse. A situation they created caused a member town to suffer and they try to blame us for it?

Any individual in ANY town should ask themselves if that is what they want. Do unaligned towns want FoM dictating their behavior at gunpoint? Are all the FoM towns even aware of what is being done in their name?

DeletedUser

Man the sounds of silence are golden. :D I highly recommend to all my bothers and sisters in -FoM- putting the ignore list to use.;) It makes a world of difference when you get tired of the same old posts from you know who.;):laugh:

A word of thanks to Bosta for trying to put an end to the -FoM- bashing threads.:D To bad the -FoM- bashing club doesn't agree.:sad:

DeletedUser

Man the sounds of silence are golden. :D I highly recommend to all my bothers and sisters in -FoM- putting the ignore list to use.;) It makes a world of difference when you get tired of the same old posts from you know who.;):laugh:

A word of thanks to Bosta for trying to put an end to the -FoM- bashing threads.:D To bad the -FoM- bashing club doesn't agree.:sad:
No offense to anyone here, I am just curious. Is the FoM some kind of furry association - if not what is the deal with your names?

DeletedUser

Yea because effectively putting ones hands over his ears and going, "I can't hear you!" is a totally appropriate way to handle legit questions.

DeletedUser

I think it is healthy to encourage discourse in an open community. Threads get closed because of spam and some people clicking report post. My posts here do not lack content.

I think it's a worse idea to punish the people who are trying to have a civil discussion by closing their threads. Just because their opposition can't abide by your rules.

I thought this was suppose to be a healthy and civilized discussion? Then you wonder why these threads get closed.

DeletedUser

No offense to anyone here, I am just curious. Is the FoM some kind of furry association - if not what is the deal with your names?

LOL. :laugh: No we aren't an association of furry little creatures. No offense taken.;)

SK and I have had our in game names for along time now in other FPS web based games. We have and have had our own forums, game servers, and clans. So we carried our names into this game as well. It's just coincidence that others who play here have similar names is all.

Hope that helps answer your question.:D

DeletedUser

I thought this was suppose to be a healthy and civilized discussion? Then you wonder why these threads get closed.

Really? These are the posts you decide to spotlight? It seems to me that several people from FOM has posted far worse with little or no consequence.

I don't understand why FOM gets such a pass on the forum, but people questioning FOM gets people in big trouble!

Do you have some sort of relationship with FOM, Denisero?

DeletedUser

I spotlighted those 2 threads because those are the players who insisted this thread was going to be civil. I didn't spotlight them because those posts were out of line.

I don't play world 8. I don't know anything about FOM other than there have been tons of threads about them. I also know that world 8 is now known for its drama and drama queens.

So either have a civilized discussion without trying to flame and bait one another or let this turn into yet another infraction fest and get shut down.

Odd, Quantrillo claims the threads are shut down because the opposition can't abide by forum rules. You are claiming that people opposed to FoM are the ones targeted. Both sides are acting like children.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Joining a large alliance provides some protection an also makes shopping a lot easier to do when you don't have to pay extortion fees to get to
shop somewhere that has what you are wanting or needing.

I'd rather pay what you consider "extortion fees" to shop in a town. Tossing in one or two or three hundred for an item that would otherwise cost me thousands seems like a pretty good deal compared to joining a group of people who claim to be protecting the weak when in fact they prey on other towns same as others.

The Coppers that are in FOM are liars and cheats, and that's been pointed out to FOM repeatedly. FOM has taken no action against the Coppers as a result, which is certainly not how I would expect an upright alliance to behave.

It seems to me that FOM is more about trying to control how other people play the game, and amassing power for themselves, rather than being the white hats or protectors of the weak.

Which is fine, except for the hypocritical aspect of the whole thing.

World 8 players deserve to know what FOM is made of, is all. Which is what this thread is about. Knowledge is a good thing, and knowing the community one is in makes for a better playing experience for all.

DeletedUser

What I was trying to say was that infractions should serve to make people behave themselves, not allow opening statements like this.

Oh my GOD .. give it rest already. NO ONE cares anymore. :nowink:

Now say if I opened a recruitment thread and this was the first response how do you think it should be moderated? But then if we report this sort of behaviour our thread gets closed, so basically you're saying put up or shut?

DeletedUser

I mean this in the nicest way possible. You do know that there is PvP in this game, right? This isn't going to be a Yale vs. Harvard debate no matter how firmly you moderate it.

DeletedUser

First of all Quantrillo, you know exactly how this thread was started. The OP changed his original post but it was clearly a big middle finger to Bosta who closed the previous thread due to flaming and personal insults. As I said, both sides are being childish.

Have your discussion. Keep in character while doing it. Stay within the rules of the forum. There won't be any problems if that happens. Don't open a thread to continue a closed thread and then claim it is for civilized discussion and then be shocked when people start flaming each other all over again and the thread is closed.

DeletedUser

First of all Quantrillo, you know exactly how this thread was started. The OP changed his original post but it was clearly a big middle finger to Bosta who closed the previous thread due to flaming and personal insults. As I said, both sides are being childish.

Yes we already conceded this point to you and that's why the post was changed, as far as a middle finger to Bosta was wholly unintentional. But you can't just keep closing threads it's not a solution.

DeletedUser

Whenever I go on a shopping trip I always leave anywhere from 240 to 480 in the towns treasury as a thank you. I know how much it costs to build in a town so I try to help when I can. By extortion fees I meant the towns out there that want you to pay 500 just to join and then an additional % of what ever it is you want to buy.

Maybe I've been lucky; I haven't run into any towns like that.

I suspect for most people, though, joining an alliance and shopping are two different things. There are plenty of towns that sell shopping passes for a reasonable amount - if one town doesn't, it shouldn't be too hard to find another who does.

The "mission statement" of an alliance, such as was originally posted in some thread about FOM, is a much better reason, in my opinion, but if one is going to have such a statement of ethics, then one better be sure to enforce it; else it means nothing.

Family Project, for example, claimed to have a no-dueling-builders rule. When I pointed out to their leader that I had in fact been dueled, MistPhantom took direct and prompt action. Now that's a stand up town, and how I would expect any to behave after publishing such ethics.

DeletedUser

I play W9 not W8, but just thought I'd let you know all of these posts are hilarious. Everyone is just saying the same things over and over again

Status
Not open for further replies.