The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Lets have a few less clicks in the game.

Proposal: Don't have to click the
MeQYv1W.png
button every time we fulfil the quest requirements. The Quest gets 'Auto Completed' and we get the rewards immediately.

Reason: A long list, which includes saving me from coming online again at the end of day just to complete the dailies.

Noooo..... At least not if there's no option to disable this feature. I like to keep my quests fulfilled and then "complete" them only when the time is convenient for me or if I'm at town. Sometimes I have a full bar of energy and completing the quest would level me up which would be a total waste of a bar full of energy. Other times the quest gives a lot of cash which I can easily lose completely be getting KO'd by duellers so I only complete those things when I'm in town and ready to bank. I may want to save the materials needed by a quest, for crafting, and then complete the quest later when I have collected more pieces of that product. Also, this would remove the speaciality (for the lack of a better word) from the "can be completed only at XX time/day" quests as the players wont have to be online at the time. The quest would automatically get completed when the server reaches the needed time.
I would take that over saving myself the hassle of one extra click any day.

DeletedUser22685

I'd have to say no to that as well, but I'm all for saving clicks in other ways. For example, I literally never use the log out button anymore because it takes three clicks just to exit the game, then another three to log back into another world.

For starters, we don't need a confirmation screen asking whether we want to log out when we've already clicked twice in order to do so.

Second, I still don't understand why they decided to remove the world list from the log out screen. A few years ago, we got the same "Thank you for your visit..." message when we logged out, but we could also select a world and log in from that screen rather than having to go back to the homepage first. I've used the log out button a grand total of maybe five times max since they changed it. It's much faster to just retype the homepage URL in the address bar straight from the game window.

Snr Sarg

You can already do that by typing in the "Purpose" box.

I have a better suggestion, it involves something to do with no longer having the ability to transfer cash at all and players having to actually work for everything they gain.

It's a rare 'thumbs up' in agreement from me :blink:

I'd have to say no to that as well, but I'm all for saving clicks in other ways. For example, I literally never use the log out button anymore because it takes three clicks just to exit the game, then another three to log back into another world.

For starters, we don't need a confirmation screen asking whether we want to log out when we've already clicked twice in order to do so.

Second, I still don't understand why they decided to remove the world list from the log out screen. A few years ago, we got the same "Thank you for your visit..." message when we logged out, but we could also select a world and log in from that screen rather than having to go back to the homepage first. I've used the log out button a grand total of maybe five times max since they changed it. It's much faster to just retype the homepage URL in the address bar straight from the game window.

Twice!

DeletedUser30224

PJ, I also do not wholeheartedly agree. There are times when people need to choose the reward as well, plus ishubagaria explained it quite nicely.

As for logout button, there used to be a script that logs you out directly, bypassing the confirmation screen. I don't like to run 100 external scripts so I won't say anything if something more clever gets implemented there:

1. Click on logout logs your session out and you are redirected to "Please select your game world:"
  2. The "Please select your game world:" screen can be changed slightly to allow you to delete your login cookie and properly log out from the game if you have chosen to permanently log in.
  3. If you were not permanently logged in, the "Please select your game world:" screen will still keep your login details in case you want to change world or start a new world. In this case instead of "delete login cookie" you'd simply have a "Log out" button that redirects to main page.
  4. If we do not want to make distinction between deletion of login cookies (in case of persistent login) and logout functionality, then the same "logout" button will do both: Delete your login cookies if any present and log you out from the game.
I'd be satisfied with this logic.

DeletedUser

What do you guys think of being able to switch to another world in-game, without logging out?. It would work like the toolbar and remove the need to have multiple tabs open at the same time.

IDK if this makes any sense, but for me this would eliminate one more annoyance while playing the game.

DeletedUser34295

What do you guys think of being able to switch to another world in-game, without logging out?. It would work like the toolbar and remove the need to have multiple tabs open at the same time.

IDK if this makes any sense, but for me this would eliminate one more annoyance while playing the game.

If possible, I'd say it's a great idea. I only play two worlds nowadays, and it isn't as much of a hassle then. But I remember having 4-5 tabs open constantly whilst playing/doing other things 'cause it was annoying to log on/off. Eliminating the need for multiple tabs would be really nice :)

Girlie

I havent read all pages, så maybe this has been suggested before :)

In fortbattles, I would like the topic of how to place your self, to be at battlescreen, instead in the fortchat, as many dont open the chat to read topic, before AFTER they have placed them self. Result, many dont set any target snd just stand there ofline and not able to be used in the battle :)

DeletedUser29831

This is one of the "why not" suggestions to me. If it is an easy code job, just do it. But I don't think it will help much, Girlie. A lot of people just puts their toon where they hope to survive.

Ripwise

This is one of the "why not" suggestions to me. If it is an easy code job, just do it. But I don't think it will help much, Girlie. A lot of people just puts their toon where they hope to survive.

Not only that they put where they will survive, people know instructions are in chat topic but dont bother to read it so it aint about knowing where to set, its actually about setting the target.

DeletedUser

In fortbattles, I would like the topic of how to place your self, to be at battlescreen, instead in the fortchat, as many dont open the chat to read topic, before AFTER they have placed them self. Result, many dont set any target snd just stand there ofline and not able to be used in the battle :)

People can change their positions after they have seen the topic in chat. :)

People who want to contribute more and place their toons as per the leader's request will mostly check the topic before or after placing. Those that place otherwise usually don't care and I don't think placing a topic on fort battle screen will change that.

DeletedUser36559

Some People play for themselves not for the leader so topics on how to place yourself will not solve anything. At the end of the day they want xp and bonds.

DeletedUser22685

I vaguely remember seeing something similar mentioned somewhere. I think it has the potential to help maybe a couple of extra players per battle to set their target properly, but as has been mentioned above, the effect would be fairly small. I'd probably vote yes, but I'm not sure if it'll happen.

DeletedUser30224

This was already submitted as far as I remember. Will give you a link (if I'm not wrong of course) in the evening, need to rush now.

DeletedUser36559

how about we give the fort numbers and letters like a chess board? for easier orders

No need, it's easy to differentiate between large and medium sectors and if you want to get ppl close to the small sectors just say "get close to "x" wall/tower.