The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

DeletedUser22685

Surely everyone who has played the game for any substantial amount of time is able to remember which jobs can be found in which clusters. This is one of those things that wouldn't hurt but wouldn't improve the game either, and as such it's not the most productive use of developer time.

DeletedUser35533

How about glowing saloon doors or some other form of notification of limited time quests ?

DeletedUser22685

Not a bad idea. They don't really come around often enough for it to be annoying, and it can be difficult to remember when a seasonal quest is coming around without checking TW-DB or the saloon window regularly.

DeletedUser

How about glowing saloon doors or some other form of notification of limited time quests ?

yeah and the doors would stop glowing once we are done with the quest so they don't have to be there for the full duration of the event

DeletedUser

Bandits & Bounty Hunters

The West are missing a great ingame part, the opertunity to put bandits in jail

If a gamer attack another gamer, without any reason other than trying to loot him/her then nothing happens. Why not let the game create a wanted poster, with a calculated reward based upon the loot he/she robed. Let the poster be marked NPC Reward or let the Pinkerton Agency be the one who made it, so that all players can see, this is an Ingame Bounty

The clue then is:
If a bounty hunter make a KO on the bandit, then he/she can choose if they want the reward or the can try bring the bandit to prison ad Fort Awsomia. If the bounty hunter reach Awsomia with the Bandit without getting KO’ed by other players, then he put the bandit in prison for 1 or 2 days depending on how big the reward was on, i.e. if the reward is under $10.000 the bandit will have to stay in prison for 1 day, if the reward is more than 10 grant, the bandit will have to stay in prison for 2 days.

If the bounty hunter are KO’ed on his way to Awsomia, then the bandit gets away and go free and the bounty are lost.

Some statics on prisons, both as a bounty hunter and a bandit could then count together with the other statics and of course also statics for thou who free a bandit…

[FONT=&quot]Then we could have some fun, hunting bandits, or trying to free them.

Yippee kay yeah..!
Mr. Trickerfinger
[/FONT]

DeletedUser36559

Bandits & Bounty Hunters

If a gamer attack another gamer, without any reason other than trying to loot him/her then nothing happens. Why not let the game create a wanted poster, with a calculated reward based upon the loot he/she robed. Let the poster be marked NPC Reward or let the Pinkerton Agency be the one who made it, so that all players can see, this is an Ingame Bounty

The clue then is:
If a bounty hunter make a KO on the bandit, then he/she can choose if they want the reward or the can try bring the bandit to prison ad Fort Awsomia. If the bounty hunter reach Awsomia with the Bandit without getting KO’ed by other players, then he put the bandit in prison for 1 or 2 days depending on how big the reward was on, i.e. if the reward is under $10.000 the bandit will have to stay in prison for 1 day, if the reward is more than 10 grant, the bandit will have to stay in prison for 2 days.

If the bounty hunter are KO’ed on his way to Awsomia, then the bandit gets away and go free and the bounty are lost.

Some statics on prisons, both as a bounty hunter and a bandit could then count together with the other statics and of course also statics for thou who free a bandit…

[FONT=&quot]Then we could have some fun, hunting bandits, or trying to free them.

Yippee kay yeah..!
Mr. Trickerfinger
[/FONT]

What exactly happens in prison, can they still do jobs, fort battles ? Also a person with heaps of cash can simple keep bountying and KO'ing you and putting you in prison for 2 days so It's not a good idea since it will restrict the KO'ed person's gameplay completely.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Bandits & Bounty Hunters

The clue then is:

Yippee kay yeah..!
Mr. Trickerfinger
[/FONT]

Are you saying that a dueler should get a bounty on his head automatically if he duels another player and loots some cash? How will the game decide if they're dueling "without any reason other than trying to loot him/her"? And if another player wins a duel against this dueler, then the latter goes to jail for 2 days meaning he can't duel other players for 2 days?

DeletedUser

What exactly happens in prison, can they still do jobs, fort battles ? Also a person with heaps of cash can simple keep bountying and KO'ing you and putting you in prison for 2 days so It's not a good idea since it will restrict the KO'ed person's gameplay completely.

Well when you are in prison, you loose the abilty to do jobs, that's why you max. can stay two days in prison and since he is KO'ed by the bounty hunter he can not duel anyway.

It's not a gamer who makes the bounty on the bandit who attacked a none wanted gamer, but the game, when you duel a gamer who are not wanted, and loot him/her, then the game callculate the bounty according to the loot.

So as you see, the bandit has to do something wrong before puuting him/her in jail again.

asdf124

Well when you are in prison, you loose the abilty to do jobs, that's why you max. can stay two days in prison and since he is KO'ed by the bounty hunter he can not duel anyway.

It's not a gamer who makes the bounty on the bandit who attacked a none wanted gamer, but the game, when you duel a gamer who are not wanted, and loot him/her, then the game callculate the bounty according to the loot.

So as you see, the bandit has to do something wrong before puuting him/her in jail again.

That could be simply overshadowed by a player who would just add a bounty on the heads of his victims, that is how he would bypass your idea.

DeletedUser36559

No, don't like restricting gameplay for others due to some monopoly jail type idea. Everyone should be free to do their jobs and whatever else they want to do during their career in the west.

DeletedUser

Duelling a player cannot be categorised as "wrong" and therefore punishing duellers by having the game put auto-bounties on their head cannot be justified. Real players already put bounties on their head which makes them a more appealing target to other duellers. Also, restricting duellers to duel only wanted players for the fear of punishment of getting "bountied" will destroy the duelling aspect of the game. Duellers won't have targets left and they will be forced to put bounties on the head of their targets themselves. Furthermore, if some other dueller KOs the former, then the former won't be able to do jobs either for 1 or 2 days.

So you're basically asking to make duelling as difficult as possible and making it easier for players who are non-duellers.

DeletedUser22685

So you're basically asking to make duelling as difficult as possible and making it easier for players who are non-duellers.

It might actually get implemented in that case, since that's the direction every other update involving duelling over the last three years has gone.

asdf124

It might actually get implemented in that case, since that's the direction every other update involving duelling over the last three years has gone.

As I said, since his system would systematically set the target of whomever who hasn't a bounty who was dueled, the dueler would be into a bounty afterwards, which would force duelers to bribe the system in order to not get a bounty. If such dueler was pretty good and wanted to push the system to see how big the bounty it gets, it might get interesting to say the least. They might scrap the bounty system as a latter resolution to the bribing system by issuing wanted dead posters.

The question is, would it be alive or dead, would it be dead if he passed out the person?? It would certainly be minimum, as well as it would move upward with every ko.

It would make dueling much riskier but, it is one of the best lowlie level base jump in order to level up.

Last edited:

DeletedUser22685

As I said, since his system would systematically set the target of whomever who hasn't a bounty who was dueled, the dueler would be into a bounty afterwards, which would force duelers to bribe the system in order to not get a bounty. If such dueler was pretty good and wanted to push the system to see how big the bounty it gets, it might get interesting to say the least. They might scrap the bounty system as a latter resolution to the bribing system by issuing wanted dead posters.

I wasn't actually commenting on the merits of the idea, merely taking the chance to yet again whine about the sad state of affairs for duellers at the moment, ie. I was being a grumpy, sarcastic njub.

I'm not sure what you mean with the whole bribing thing, but I do think you're right that many duellers would welcome the idea of an automatic bounty. I know I would, and so would all the others who aren't worker beating cowards, since we generally strive to amass the biggest bounty that we can. However, having a computer generated bounty would produce cash out of nowhere, and as reducing the amount of cash present in-game is a current focus of the management, I can't see this happening.

As for the jail idea, it's a punishment that is both harsh and unnecessary and I believe that's what ishu was referring to when he said duelling would suffer even more. The concept of a jail is not a poor one, but restricting players to sit there and do literally nothing for a day or two is a different story.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure what you mean with the whole bribing thing, but I do think you're right that many duellers would welcome the idea of an automatic bounty. I know I would, and so would all the others who aren't worker beating cowards, since we generally strive to amass the biggest bounty that we can. However, having a computer generated bounty would produce cash out of nowhere, and as reducing the amount of cash present in-game is a current focus of the management, I can't see this happening.
Totally agree. I don't see Inno implementing something that puts additional cash into the game from thin air. Players can already bounty problem players through the current bounty system ( and Inno takes a percentage of cash out of the game as a fee ) which is much more consistent with how the game operates ( bank fees, market fees, .... )

asdf124

I wasn't actually commenting on the merits of the idea, merely taking the chance to yet again whine about the sad state of affairs for duellers at the moment, ie. I was being a grumpy, sarcastic njub.

As for the jail idea, it's a punishment that is both harsh and unnecessary and I believe that's what ishu was referring to when he said duelling would suffer even more. The concept of a jail is not a poor one, but restricting players to sit there and do literally nothing for a day or two is a different story.

The bribe would mean that players would need to generate their own bounty on the person they are dueling since his system is targeting people who duel just for no actual reason.

They could have an alive one for a short agenda or a dead one for a long agenda.

The system he is trying to make is whomever has no bounty and if dueled, the person who dueled would automatically gain a bounty.

DeletedUser

The system he is trying to make is whomever has no bounty and if dueled, the person who dueled would automatically gain a bounty.

Which is unjustified. Duellers shouldn't be restricted to duel only wanted people. Duelling is a part of the game which should affect all players, dueller or non-dueller.

his system is targeting people who duel just for no actual reason.

Same point. The idea of the game is that there doesn't have to be a reason for someone to duel someone.

It is like saying people who are rich and have a lot of money in their bank should be auto-bountied for doing jobs because they are earning more cash for no actual reason. Doing jobs and doing duels shouldn't be seen in different lights.

DeletedUser

Actually, it's a matter of consequence ..!

In the Wild West bandits were also searched when they attacked innocent, bounty hunters spent months and years trying to track down these bandits and bring them to jail or sheriff's office dead or alive.

But bandits still did plundering off innocent people, they had the nerve to do outlaw stuff.

But I don't see this idea will make restrictions for duelers, but only see an oppertunity for getting attraction on the bandits who would like a bounty hunters chase. That can mean a lot of defense duels for the bandit.

And what about the part of friends helps the bandit free. maybee a penalty on the bounty hunters speed should be put on, since he after all have an intractable prisoner wiht him.

asdf124

I think they should now let people to leave towns even if a fort fight haven't started since people without towns can join ff's, not sure why peeps who want to leave a town cannot leave if they have signed into fort fights.

It is a small thing. For some, small things really do matter.

So, in conclusion, please let people leave town's as they wish even if they were signed into a fort fight.