RP Discussion Something simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I think I'd puke. Anyways, i've been having ideas for a RPG. I might post it soon, might not. Still need to flesh out ideas in my brain.

DeletedUser

@ Lord Regal, of course it would be suggested not written out, sorry for the misunderstanding, I just have an absolute abhorrence for those little band shows that have no connections to the real world. I get worked up very easily when even thinking about them v_v And a survival role-play would be awesome, something like death races would be so fun to do.

@RAWDOG: Well this forum was a change for me for that reason. It was nice to have a real plot and not just characters going after other characters fueling the role-playing.

@Alawa: Haha I can just see it now "Years after the world ended via zombie attack, your average family is really a nuclear family! Two zombie parents and two children, and don't forget the In-laws! MRWAWWWRRR BRAINSS!♥"

Deleted User - 819397

@ Lord Regal, of course it would be suggested not written out, sorry for the misunderstanding, I just have an absolute abhorrence for those little band shows that have no connections to the real world. I get worked up very easily when even thinking about them v_v And a survival role-play would be awesome, something like death races would be so fun to do.

I understand. Glad to know we're on the same page.

DeletedUser

Fantasy Future (though this might be able to be put under Space/Alien. Think something like Star Trek, Firefly/Serenity, or even the Matrix)

I think that Star Trek and Serenity would be Space and the Matrix would be Alternate Universe.

Speaking of Serenity, that is a great movie. It doesn't have the fame it should. My humble opinion. :nowink:

DeletedUser

What needs to happen is a all encompassing effort by all the storymakers to create a story everyone wants to RP in.

DeletedUser25825

Easier said than done my friend. All encompassing? EVERYbody wants to play? Bwa ha ha ha! ;)

I'm for it... but what should it be?

I like Project Blue Ark... it has a good setting and is my favorite genre to play.

I am not against zombie games... but am sick of Racoon City'esque stories. I would think more... World War Z as the setting.

I'm also not against a modern RP... but that one would have to have a very tight storyline... or tight setting. The problem with have at you RP, which seems prevelent here is... why in the heck would I associate with any of you? Now... modern setting... let's say... a specific scene or job? That could be fun. Or even somewhat futuristic and back to my Cyberpunk suggestion... we could create a storyline involving a pre-established team of fixers... mercenaries... spec forces... police... whatever. It could be fun... if somebody wants to put the time into being a GM that directs action and storyline... and is able to work congruently with each player and their style of play.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We need something shoot 'em up Rps with zombies and stuff. We need more of a city based game. No Military and no zombies.

DeletedUser25825

Well... that was confusing. I'm sorry. The first part you say we need shooting with zombies... and then you say... no zombies. Which is it?

As for my previous post, when I said a fixer team, it doesn't have to be military. it could be... criminals seeking sepcific tasks a GM sets before them. It could be special forces (which yes is military, but still driven with a GM goal or scene? Would work), it could be trapped in a city after a devastating earthquake, and it's just a bunch of different walks of life people who happen to have survived and joined up to get out of the place (Kind of like Poseidon Adventure)

Deleted User - 819397

I believe he's saying different ideas that would all make good RPs...not the same one that he's changing his mind on.

Deleted User - 819397

We definitely have had a LOT of zombie RPs. Nowadays, in order for them to be of high interest, the average zombie RP would have to be really good to have a decent number of people join.

DeletedUser25825

So what about a fixer RP? A team assembled for a specific task? I like the idea of criminals.

DeletedUser

Could be called The Heist, where a bunch of crinimals try to infutrate a certain place like Fort Knox for example.

DeletedUser

I've tried criminals. Miami theme, Chicago theme, I've tried it and it got spammed to hell.

DeletedUser25825

That's why we have a fearless moderator watching over us... right Lord Regal? We all might want to consider creating a new RP forum rule, which requires IC posts that are at least <insert number> words, or two paragraphs long. We already have a no only OOC statement rule... it wouldn't be that much more of a stretch.

DeletedUser

There used to be tons of western themed RP's. We got bored of them. Of course, that was a long time ago; we do have one now.

I think that we should try to only have one RP per genre at a time. That would allow us to focus our "creative energy" per say. WWIII failed because we already have The Apocalypse.

I didn't join Prawn Hunters because it was based on District 9 (which I did watch). I want to write my own story; not follow a movie.

However, an well-thought-out alien RP could be good.

Genres/ Current RP's
Post-Apocalypse/ Project Blue Ark
Fantasy/ The Gods are Among Us
Western/ Western 1860 RP
War/ The Apocalypse is Upon Us; WW2 Squad Command; Vietnam
Alien/PRAWN HUNTERS
Space/
Alternate Universe/
Alternate History/
Historical/
Survivor/

Ok, I decided to return here, and yes I made this thread for opinions and ideas on what could be made. I don't like pre-1869 weaponry, primarly because Schofields were made in 1869, but we need more westerns, cowboys bandits and indians stuff, and a whole lot more open ranged stuff.

I am sorry for those of you who haven't seen District 9, you are missing out on a large sum of better-than-Avatar action.
Here's a part that isn't really at all a spoiler for the movie, but it will give everyone an idea of what some prawn are like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzGJTplscfo

Here's a basic history run and explanation of the movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JDDWao7dSY&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.