sleeping right after duels

DeletedUser

Yes, with my idea you get to stay. You get one 8 hour hotel stay, that's it. regardless of your character class.

Where??? Where is it your special ability to stay multiple times a day???

DeletedUser

Ok. It took me all my health to get there. I used the hotel. I hit them back. Do I get to stay?

How does that jibe with "stay free up to level 2 hotel" promise? Where does it say that I am limited in how often I go to their hotel?

You are adding a limit that does not currently exist. As such, I ask that all other classes have a limit to their class talents that does not currently exist. Why is that so unfathomable to you? Is it because you take it personally?

DeletedUser

The dueler, soldier and worker. They can go duel in a town as well. They also can cue up one 8 hour hotel stay. Then that's it for that day.

The only difference for them is that it cost them to stay. The adventurer is the only class that gets to stay for free. That is their only advantage.

DeletedUser

Where does it say in the current rules- the ones that I chose my class by- that I may only use that talent in a town once a day? If it does not say that, then you have added a limitation to my class. I am asking that you add limitations to other classes talents as well. But you are too slow or too stubborn to get that. Whatever. It is late on the east coast.

DeletedUser

My idea applies to ALL character classes not just yours.

You can duel as much as you want in any town as much as you want. I want the hotel regardless of your character class to be used to heal your wounds. Not to stage repeated attacks on weaker opponents.

It does not limit your character. The soldier, worker and dueler can only cue up one hotel stay a day. Your benefit is that you don't have to pay for that one stay.

Once again tell me, where does it say your character bonus is to stay in a hotel multiple times a day. ALL characters can do this. Why is that so hard to understand. If a soldier cues up a stay in a town, He pays for it. Once he leaves he Also can not go back in to the hotel either. So why do you think it only hurts Adventurers.

DeletedUser

I GIVE UP, READ WHAT IT SAYS YOUR ABILITY IS. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SPELL THIS OUT FOR YOU.

TELL ME WHERE DOES IT SAY THE ADVENTURER SPECIAL ABILITY IS THAT YOU CAN STAY IN A HOTEL MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY?

WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT?

IT SAYS YOUR BONUS IS YOU CAN STAY FOR FREE UP TO LEVEL 2.

NOT MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY.

ALL CHARACTER CLASSES WOULD BE AFFECTED BY THIS.

ALL OF THEM

DUELER CAN STAY ONE TIME A DAY, HE HAS TO PAY FOR HIS STAY
SOLDIER CAN STAY ONE TIME A DAY, HE HAS TO PAY FOR HIS STAY
WORKER CAN STAY ONE TIME A DAY, HE HAS TO PAY FOR HIS STAY

ADVENTURER CAN STAY ONE TIME A DAY, HIS STAY IS FREE.

DO YOU SEE A DIFFERENCE. YOUR BONUS IS STILL IN TACK.

YOUR STAYING ONE TIME A DAY FOR FREE, ALL OTHER CHARACTER CLASSES STAY ONE TIME A DAY AND PAY FOR THEIR STAY.

QUIT RUNNING DOWN THIS IDEA AND THINK REALLY HARD, HOW AND WHY THIS TRULY HURTS THE ADVENTURER, WHEN IT AFFECTS EVERYONE.

MAKE SURE YOU READ WHAT YOUR BONUS ACTUALLY IS. DON'T BE CONFUSED ON WHAT YOU THINK IT MIGHT BE. JUST READ IT BELOW.

Adventurer

Class description: Adventurers are soldiers of fortune and curious discoverer. They don't want a calm and organized life, they love the risk and strive for the big fortune. Adventurers are the ideal characters for players that love quests and a bit of risk taking.

Advantages:
transparent.png
The chance to find a product when working a job is increased by 10%.
transparent.png
The chance to find an item during work is increased by 10%.
transparent.png
You can use hotels in foreign towns for FREE until level 2.
transparent.png
The chance to get hurt while working a job is lowered by 10%.

DeletedUser

silliness, all of it. The fact that a person can hide out, to me, makes it more realistic. If you have someone camping your town, camp their town. either play the game or dont but do not complain about someone that is playing the game. Stop whining about the rules and use them to your advantage. Everything that someone can use against you you also can use against them. So it is all fair.

DeletedUser

If your an innocent Adventurer out doing jobs, Just go to the next town and use their hotel for free.

The only reason you would want to cue up staying in the hotel multiple times a day is if your not an innocent Adventurer, but a dueler, regardless of your character class. That is what only a dueler would do.

The soldier dueler and worker won't be able to cue up multiple times a day either. They all get one 8 hour stay, but it's free for the adventurer. Which that is what their ability is.

Class is over.

DeletedUser

iggy

Thanks for your stupid input, go back and READ what I have posted on this topic and you will realize that has already been done. There are two threads about this.

Hide in a towns hotel where a lynch mob is ready to hang you realistic??? Just Read all my post before just going off on half of it.

DeletedUser

Everyone before suggesting a solution remember this.

The attacker, switches towns constantly
The attacker, sleeps in the hotel 24/7 only coming out for 10 minutes just to duck back in the hotel.
The attacker, only attacks weaker opponents.
The attacker, has caused people to quit playing.
The attacker, while in between joining towns does jobs to gain more cash.

The townspeople have tried to reason with him.
The townspeople have better duelers than the attacker.
The townspeople can't retaliate against the attacker because he won't come out of the hotel long enough. Even when they are online camping in his town. It is impossible to get your duel cued up in time.
The townspeople have gotten him kicked from towns, only for him to find another one to hide in on the other side of the map.

So before you make a ******ed reply like, well why didn't you do this. It's already been done. Just look back and read it. There is nothing left to do, but fix this problem.

DeletedUser

Again, you are whining. You can use the same tactics yourself. eventually someone will slip up and you can get them. Just because you have problems does not mean the game mechanics are faulty. Get over it. Workers getting KO'd is not even a problem because they can now do their job unhampered. Adventurers can still do their jobs, duelers have to wait. It all works out in the end.
Wah, I get attacked and lose money. Blah blah blah. If someone quits the game after losing a duel, or twenty for that matter, then good riddance. They can do whatever is being done to them. Stop with the "it's not fair" kid mentality and GET OVER IT! The real problem is YOU.

DeletedUser

Everyone before suggesting a solution remember this.

The attacker, switches towns constantly
The attacker, sleeps in the hotel 24/7 only coming out for 10 minutes just to duck back in the hotel.
The attacker, only attacks weaker opponents.
The attacker, has caused people to quit playing.
The attacker, while in between joining towns does jobs to gain more cash.

The townspeople have tried to reason with him.
The townspeople have better duelers than the attacker.
The townspeople can't retaliate against the attacker because he won't come out of the hotel long enough. Even when they are online camping in his town. It is impossible to get your duel cued up in time.
The townspeople have gotten him kicked from towns, only for him to find another one to hide in on the other side of the map.

So before you make a ******ed reply like, well why didn't you do this. It's already been done. Just look back and read it. There is nothing left to do, but fix this problem.
Wow, persistant aren't they? Obviously you are doing something to reward this persons behaviour, or they would have stopped, I mean imagine how boring it must be, camping the same town, attacking the same people over and over.
My advice is this:
Learn to live with it, ignore it, pretend it isn't happening. Workers and adventurers can still do their jobs after being KOed, and if you stop your whining, the person doing this to you will no longer get any gratification from it, will get bored, and stop.

DeletedUser

Again, you are whining. You can use the same tactics yourself. eventually someone will slip up and you can get them. Just because you have problems does not mean the game mechanics are faulty. Get over it. Workers getting KO'd is not even a problem because they can now do their job unhampered. Adventurers can still do their jobs, duelers have to wait. It all works out in the end.
Wah, I get attacked and lose money. Blah blah blah. If someone quits the game after losing a duel, or twenty for that matter, then good riddance. They can do whatever is being done to them. Stop with the "it's not fair" kid mentality and GET OVER IT! The real problem is YOU.

No it doesn't work its imbalanced and people shouldn't be allowed to do it.

As for do the same to them argument you will never be able to hit them back as they are never active for over 10 minutes - You can queue a duel on them untill they have started one so their duel will always finish first and back to sleep they go.

The basic point of the argument is not to stop people dueling or using a hotel but to put some kind of restriction on it so at least people have a chance to fight back which they currently dont have if you abuse this.

I'll give you a scenario - Why not remove the lvl cap as as at the end of the day why should people be restricted in who they can attack full stop, I camp your town with Hernando's sword as a premium adventurer and proceed to duel 1 person go to sleep duel 1 person go to sleep perminantley knocking your town out and nothing you or anyone can do will stop me (Please explain to me how this is fair and balanced as it is essentialy the same as above just not as extreme)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Simple solution would be that if you duel a town you cant sleep in it for 1 hour or so.
Sure the dueller can sleep in another town very close by but i can live with.

Eitherway this give atleast a window of 12-15 min wich make it easier to actually knock the dude.

I cant see any reson why a hotell would let any one sleep in the hotell if they just killed some town member

DeletedUser

I agree that it is a loophole that should be fixed, but I fail to see how it can be at all successful as a long-term strategy. Keeping yourself cooped up in somebody else's hotel means not working jobs, which means very slow leveling, and very little income. If you are not leveling up or making money, you are not really progressing in the game at all.
Why would anyone sacrifice their own progress just for spite?
The only uses I could really imagine for this tactic are in punitive raids or in a total war of attrition.

DeletedUser

its a punitive raid. the person has it out for no real reason. he got offended by being attacked 1 time so decided to become a total dork.

DeletedUser

Since you missed this part, here is a list of the members involved levels. The attacker is a Soldiers Class.

Here is the attackers level and the victims

character level dueling level
The attacker 35 49 changes towns constantly
worker #1 47 47 left town
worker #2 42 49 can win sometimes
Adventurer #1 38 40 quit
Adventurer #2 30 32 quit
Adventurer #3 41 45 left town

Note: some accounts have been deleted, sorry I couldn't post them all. Worker#1 is a great builder, Adventurer #1 was pure adventure. These guys didn't have much defense. These guys also spent loads of cash and countless hours building up their town. Kinda unfair they had to leave or quit to avoid this. How long can it go on? well at least a month and a half. The attacker only levels up inch by inch. I doubt he gets that much XP from them, but when this started he was a level 46 dueler. So who knows.
There are also 3 soldiers in the town, in the beginning two of them could not beat the attacker but that has now changed and now they can either win the duel or cause a lot of damage, to the point where they don't get attacked so much.

DeletedUser

So why does he do this?

It's hard to understand, he has very bad broken English and really makes no sense when you try to discuss this with him. The only thing I can get out of it is this. He just doesn't want anyone to attack him.

In this game everyone who duels should expect some type of retaliation, but this guy thinks he is the exception.

DeletedUser

to duel he has to be member of a town right? if his town wont control him then why not forget him and go after everyone in his town? using the same tactics he is using on you.he then would have his town telling him to stop and if not he then would have to deal with you doing same thing to him ,having to catch you not sleeping if he can.