sleeping right after duels

DeletedUser

Does this bother anyone else? I mean did the devs really design the game so that players can be completely unduelable(i think that's a word).

How much longer until every ****** starts doing this to avoid getting dueled back. It's just annoying when a few do it all the time, but I'm noticing this more and more on every server. How many people will just say F this game, when everyone starts abusing this system to avoid getting dueled, while camping lower lvl players in your town. At least if you go fight someone, let there be an opportunity for someone to duel you back.

I really hope there is some way that when you duel someone, you cant just go to sleep and be completely untouchable, and then rinse/repeat.

I can only think of making players unable to go to sleep in enemy town for like 5 mins after you dueled someone.

DeletedUser

i could see some potenat in this, but this wouldn't solve the problem. dueler reaction time takes over 10mins to make a duel start so i was thinking of about 15-20 mins.

DeletedUser

well another idea i saw in the duel thread is to give the town leaders ability to kick people out their town's hotels. So maybe make it such that if someone who dueled someone in your town and is using the hotel, the town leader has an option to kick them out and wake them up.

DeletedUser

kicking people out of the hotels could easily be abused to boot all who enter the town.

DeletedUser

kicking people out of the hotels could easily be abused to boot all who enter the town.

Yeah, I agree. I think players should only be safe from dueling if they're:
A) without a town
B) Sleeping in *their Town's* hotel

Which basically means if you're sleeping anywhere else your fair game.

Edit: Oh yeah; and this has been brought up countless times in other threads/suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My solution to this problem is making the actual duel take place in the middle of the 10 minutes, then requiring the player to do nothing for 5 minutes.
Call it "bandaging your wounds time" or something.

I have run into this problem many a time and I find it very annoying (it being impossible to duel someone).

DeletedUser

I think the best thing would make it possible to duel someone in a hotel BUT NOT get his life down below 1/4 of his full life... maybe that would make it possible for him to make a run for it when he's done =D

DeletedUser

My solution to this problem is making the actual duel take place in the middle of the 10 minutes, then requiring the player to do nothing for 5 minutes.
Call it "bandaging your wounds time" or something.

I have run into this problem many a time and I find it very annoying (it being impossible to duel someone).

I dont see how that would work , because even if you challenged the attacker as soon as they came from the hotel then they would still be tucked up safely in their room before the end of it

DeletedUser

i think they should be unable to sleep in 20 minutes after a duel

DeletedUser

There are several good ideas in this thread and several other threads about this problem. I really don't care which idea the devs use they just need to get one in place and working asap.

DeletedUser

Here's an idea

Quit hitting people in their towns and then they won't be coming to your town and hitting you!!!! You camp out in towns attacking people who are not even after you and then you whine and cry here when they have had enough and go to Death Trap and exact revenge!!!!!:mad::mad::mad: You are nuts lady!!!!:p:p:p

DeletedUser

If you need energy then of course your going to sleep. If they are just afraid and hide then so what? It just helps you know how much of wussys they really are.

DeletedUser

There just needs to be limitations on sleeping in the hotel. The person in world three switches towns quite often to avoid myself and other duelers that are after him. Part of the reason is I am guessing is he goes and does a few jobs while in between towns, that way he gets his cash reserve up to wage another round of senseless attacks, and hide in the hotel. Using the Hotel to heal and rest is one thing, to hide and repeatedly attack weaker opponents is wrong. But it is happening and needs to end.

DeletedUser

No it does not. It is the adventurer's advantage. Duelers have the advantage of taking more money; soldiers of a lot more tactics; builders of being able to build so much easier; and us adventurers of being able to check into hotels for free after fighting and stay safe to continue.

DeletedUser

No it does not. It is the adventurer's advantage. Duelers have the advantage of taking more money; soldiers of a lot more tactics; builders of being able to build so much easier; and us adventurers of being able to check into hotels for free after fighting and stay safe to continue.

I think you missed the point entirely

DeletedUser

mjenni27, Your only reading the title of this thread, take the time to read what I actually posted and you will see that it does not affect the adventure class at all.

This thread should be labeled something different since your too lazy to take the time to read what was actually posted. It only limits how much you can cue up sleep in one town for 24 hours. Do you really need to cue up sleep 20 times a day?????????????????

The only reason that you'd be against this, is if your one of them people who is abusing this loophole in the rules to begin with. So now I'm guessing mjenni27 is an adventurer that is a dueler in disguise that hides in a hotel and attacks people repeatedly. They must like to be able to duel/sleep/duel/sleep/duel/sleep and ruin the game to the point of people quitting. That's the only reason you would think this is wrong.

DeletedUser

you werent far from the truth there James

This came from one of her profiles :laugh:

In this world, I am a straight builder.

So go ahead, hit me. You will probably win.

Know this though, in three other worlds I am a soldier, a dueler, and an adventurer who is 10 levels above in fighting ability.

So go ahead. Just hope you are not in those three worlds....

DeletedUser

James. I take advantage of my skills. Are you lying when you say you do not?

DeletedUser

You make that sound as if nobody takes advantage of their character skills. I'm not trying to take any of that away. What you need to understand is this:

1. You will not be kicked from the hotel
2. Your ability to stay at a hotel for free up to level 2 will still be available for you to do.
3. Once you cancel your stay at the hotel or the 8 hours expire, you will not be able to cue up sleeping in that town again for 24 hours.
4. You will be able to travel 5 maybe 10 minutes down the road to the next town and cue up sleep, as long as it hasn't been within the last 24 hours in that town.
5. If your purely a Adventurer Character you would have no reason to cue up sleep in a town other than your own for multiple times a day anyway.
6. Your making me think your a Dueler disguised as a Adventurer taking advantage of the Adventurer hotel stay to stage repeated cowardly attacks on weaker opponents.

DeletedUser

Wrong. You duelers and soldiers LOVE to hit adventurers. Unlike builders, adventurers are not a no-no. So we have less tactic, and lower weapons at the same level as you! So you come to our towns, hand us our rears and now you want to take away our ability to go to your town, hit you back to get our money, check into the hotel for an hour, hit you again, check in, etc until you agree to leave us alone. You are taking away our ability to defend ourselves.

The free hotel anytime you want, no question asked is the adventurer's advantage. It is not about targeting a weaker opponent. I am sure there are duelers and soldiers who do it. Heck I regularly get hit by guys 10 levels above me, so don't hand me that BS. It is a way for us adventurers to actually have a way to get you duelers and soldiers to back off.

PS:

I do not hit anyone with my adventurer until someone from that town decides to target me. And before I come a calling, I email the town mayor to ask him or her to step in. The only exception to that rule is when about a dozen soldiers come a calling from the same town. Then all bets are off. You call it cowardly, I call it smart. If I go to a town targeting my town, I get one hit before the dozen hit me. Yeah, THAT'S FAIR!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: