Sick One

DeletedUser13682

"A perfect textbook answer, ma'am," Vincent responded, adding some coolness to his voice. He genuinely believed that humanity was meant to go to the stars. After being recruited by the Foundation, I found a programme. We dipped our feet into the cosmic ocean, and found it inviting. We are starstuff." Vincent would have continued, but he heard gunshots. Grabbing the data disk from the woman's hand, Vincent ran out of the office, towards the sound of the gunshots. When he arrived at the factory floor, Vincent saw that a man had been killed, the other person who didn't belong in an armed action was covered in blood and vomiting, and Maya demanding what was going on. "By God! Whole freedom fighters can't just kill people! We have to pop back to HQ."

DeletedUser31931

Maya was unsympathetic at Sera throwing up, the girl should have been prepared for the fact that lives would be lost. The FF had killed plenty of people when necessary and this was just one such case. She turned as Vincent shouted. "He was going to kill Sera, there was no easy alternative, it was the simplest choice." She said staying calm, "We can still finish the mission but I want to know who he was first. Did he say who he was Katy?" Then she walked over and began to examine the corpse, having a sudden idea and filling with dread as she guessed that she might be right, she looked for Department markings.

DeletedUser28032

"No...the missions blown... we need to get the hell out of here" Sera replied between the waves of nausea she felt, the stench of blood, brains and fertiliser doing little to settle her already roiling stomach "There’s nothing here, they've cleaned house and we need to go now!" she continued, speaking in an urgent tone as she dropped to retrieve the dead mans pistol before heading for the door not caring if the others were following or not. She was getting out of here, alone if necessary and wasn't going to hang around and waste time discussing it. If what the man had said was true then the Feds knew they were coming, an implication that didn't sit well with her at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

Instead of leaving, Maya wanted to stay and finish the mission. Apparently, she also wanted to find out who the deceased man was. Holding up the data disk, Vincent declared to Maya, "I have the info. Here's what we came for. Let's pop back now!" As the other noncombatant left the warehouse, Vincent followed. "You alright?" He asked as he caught up with the woman, who was covered in blood and vomit. "I tell you, this is not a good place to be. I've no clue why they sent us noncombatants on a raiding mission. Any of them could have gotten this data disk, and pictures of the area would have sufficed."

DeletedUser

"Vickers, no one will know that you have given me this information. Lives will be saved, and it is appreciated." Doc preceded to blindfold him, and tie him up. Then, as gently as she could, she knocked him out with the butt of the gun that had been given to her in the van. As she finished, she heard more gun fire, and knew that Vickers was telling the truth. She had to back to the others, and warn who she could. There was nothing left here for them to do. She hoped they would all get out alive.

DeletedUser35174

His shots were on target, followed by a "AREA CLEAR!" by Huang. "Go through the gas cloud and get to the gates. Watch the road, I'll get the van ready for pullout. The others should be done soon." he added. Ethan nodded and sprinted through the gas towards the road where he found cover and got ready to shoot if necessary.

DeletedUser

Ethan

Sirens. Multiple sirens, heading down the road towards the facility. Now looking, the sirens were accompanied by flashing lights. A dark blue SWAT van appeared on the road to the left, and another one on the right. The feds were here, and worst of all; behind the van to the right drove a jet black SUV with tinted windows. Department Operatives.

Maya

The dead man bore no signs of being an Operative, they never did. That was how they worked, if you were attacked it wasn't faceless men in black suits and shades, just completely ordinary people. Until they pulled guns out of course.
Behind her Katy swore multiple times. "Come on! Mission aborted! Move!" A second later the Irishwoman sprinted towards the loading bay exit, and another second later her body convulsed as one of the workers pulled out a handgun and shot twice, hitting twice.

Doc, Vincent and Sera

Sirens were in the air, and were getting louder, although the cloud of tear gas by the gates hindered observation. As Eddie became visibly more nervous, Huang got in the van and turned it around, ready to move.
Then there were gunshots. A momentary lapse on the part of Eddie saw two of the 'workers' outside pull out handguns and shoot the man, although not before he got off a burst, killing one. The other one calmly reloaded his handgun, turned and began walking straight towards the Doc and Vickers.

DeletedUser28032

"I'll be ok, thank you for asking" Sera replied as Vincent caught up with her although there was still a very real danger of her being sick again unless she got some fresh air and more importantly out of this hoodie "We were set up Vincent, they knew we were coming, that man was an agent, he said they'd cleared the place before we'd even arrived" she said a low and frantic whisper as she returned the unused pistol to him, before pushing open the doors leading back into the reception area "how could they know we were coming here? I didn't even know we were coming here?!" this was bad very bad and the more Sera thought about it the worse it got, maybe she should contact Edinburgh and see what they knew or warn them that they had a potential problem here in New York. No better to be sure before she started making rash calls but first she had to get the hell out of here.
With gunshots beginning to ring out once more the sight of the van sat waiting for them filled Sera with a sense of urgency as she practically sprinted across the open ground to jump into the back praying that the others wouldn't hang around before joining them as they seriously needed to leave and fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Doc lowered Vickers to the floor, put the gun back in her pocket, and turned toward the direction of the van. As she turned, she saw one of the workers approach. He was much too calm, as he reloaded his handgun. There was something vaguely familiar about him. But then, she had seen so many patients through the years. His name...his name…what was his name? The sounds of the sirens were distracting her….Breathe….Breathe…. This was a dangerous one, she remembered. And then, there it was… “Well hello there Jeb, it’s been a few years hasn’t it?” She hoped that she was not only sounding calm, but assuming that monotone hypnotizing voice. When she worked with her patients, she always implanted a trigger phrase into their subconscious, so that future visits would be quicker and more efficient. She never imagined that she would need to use it in this situation. “Jeb, did you see the monkeys, when you went to the zoo?” His momentary pause, and look of confusion was all Doc needed.

As she raced past him, she aimed a butterfly kick at him. The kick looked like a slanted aerial cartwheel, and at the same time, the body spins horizontally in a circle. It begins as a jump with one leg while kicking with the other, then move the kicking leg down and the jumping leg up into a kick, landing with the first kicking leg, all while spinning. This kick involves also the arching the back backwards when airborne to give a horizontal body with high angled legs to the horizontal. The momentum gathered was enough, and Jeb went down, gun flying from his hand. She ran the last few yards, and into the safety of the van.

DeletedUser31931

May spun round just in time to see Katy drop to the floor. She fired at the second operative hitting him squarely in the face. That should be enough she reasoned as she pulled the M4 from her back and slid the Five-Seven into it's holster. She crossed through the door and watched as the first operative hit the floor at Doc's feet. She checked her gun was loaded and saw a full clip, that was fifty rounds she had in the chamber (extended clip size). She brought the rifle to bear and moved over to Katy, kneeling she looked down briefly to check if the woman was still alive.

DeletedUser13682

"Set up?" Vincent asked. "If we were set up, then there's a double agent in the Foundation. That thought has me worried for our future." Vincent took his pistol back and put it in his belt, as they entered the now empty reception area. The sound of small arms fire echoed from the outside, competing with the sound of police sirens. As they walked outside, Vincent saw the ongoing fight. They had already deployed some sort of gas near the gate, and more workers were pulling out firearms. As Vincent followed Sera into the van, he closed one of the back doors, leaving the other open. Using the closed door to provide some protection, Vincent leaned and stuck his rifle out, prepared to defend the van until the driver decided to leave.

DeletedUser28032

With all of the "Non-combatants" as Vincent had referred to them now safely within the van Sera couldn't help but wonder what was keeping the others "Where the hell are they!? We need to get the hell out of here!" Sera said in exasperation, craning her neck to see past Vincent and see if there was any sign of the others.
Digging into her pocket she gingerly pulls out the dead mans gun; a .22 pocket pistol and awkwardly removes the magazine to find a full compliment of the tiny bullets nestled within. She wasn't sure why she had taken the weapon, she'd never used a gun before or ever felt the need to possess one and yet here she was; her mind already having selected a suitable acid to burn off the serial number and a hiding place for it within her flat.
With the sound of sirens now quickly approaching Sera started running the black math through her head and not liking the results "Guys...we may need to leave without them...I...I don't want to go to jail and those sirens are getting awfully loud"

DeletedUser

Doc, sat in the van…with the sirens wailing…hearing Vickers words over and over in her head…"Now please, help me, if they know I told you this they will kill me and my family. Help me." She hoped that she had left him in such a position, that they would not know he had given up any information. She quietly said to Vincent and Sera “They knew we were coming. The foreman talked, and they knew we were coming.” Let’s give them another 30 seconds, then, we have to leave. We have to get this information passed on, or it will have all been for nothing. They have something really big planned. I am not a chemist, so I have no idea what…but it’s bad…real bad.”

DeletedUser35174

Sirens could be heard in the distance, and with in seconds two SWAT vans came from both roads and a dark SUV followed the van from the right, department operatives. "OH CHRIST, MOVE YOUR ARSES" Yelled Ethan at the top of his voice and then aimed at the driver of the Swat van and shot, hoping the windows were'nt bullet proof.

DeletedUser

The Van

"Nobody gets left behind." Huang snarled back at Sera and Doc. "And if they catch us then in a few week's time you'll be wishing they just put a bullet in your head. That's why nobody gets left behind."

Maya

Katy was dead, that much was certain. There was a lot of blood coming from her torso, and she was neither breathing, nor displaying a pulse. From out by the gates Ethan's frenzied shout was audible, if only just.
"COME ON!" Shouted Huang from the driver's seat of the getaway van.

Ethan

The round fractured the glass, but did not pierce the reinforced glass. However the van did skid to a halt as the driver panicked. Meanwhile the other SWAT van and the black SUV pulled up about twenty yards away, forming a barricade across the road. Shouts came from the first SWAT van as a squad of dark-blue uniformed troopers clad in kevlar clambered out of the back.

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: First of many I plan to do this lunchtime)

Maya swore as she felt no pulse. "They'll die for that." She muttered under her breath before shouldering her rifle and moving at a jog over van before sticking her head in, seeing who wasn't there and saying "I'll assist Ethan in covering our exit." before she pulled out of the van, and stuck her rifle up. She moved round the corner of the van and looked out and saw the troops. Burst one, one down. Burst two, two down. Burst three, three down. She moved up to the window of the van on the passenger side and slid in. She smashed the windscreen before levelling her gun. She had 41 bullets left in the chamber.

"ETHAN, GET IN THE VAN!" She yelled before turning to Huang. "Hit the middle point of the blockade. I'll lay down suppressing fire to stop them from shooting you in the face, Ethan will cover our rear. Any of you lot in the back able to fire a weapon? If so you might want to join Ethan in shooting any of our pursuers. Lastly, I hope you've got a safe-house for us to get to and not a FF one, we've clearly been betrayed on that front." She had her own safe-house, of course, but she had skeletons in her closet and she didn't want that exposed to the group, she'd avoid taking them there unless she had to.

DeletedUser28032

We're not leaving anyone behind!? Sera gaped at the blind macho stupidity of the man sat behind the wheel as even as they spoke a pair of SWAT vans came tearing towards them. Something snapped; maybe it was the sound of gunfire or her own imminent capture and death or the fact that she currently drenched in somebody else's blood but either way she wasn't going to accept we're not going to leave anyone behind as an answer "We're not the freaking marine corps! GET US THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" she screams slapping the man across the face with all of her strength before then cocking the tiny automatic ready to shoot him if he didn't comply. The way she saw it, it wasn't worth risking four lives for the sake of three that may already be dead. However before either Hunag or Sera had chance to see if she had the guts to follow through with her implied threat Maya arrived on the scene; jumping into the vans passenger seat and screaming for Ethan get in, the very fact that she didn't call for Katy leading Sera to believe the Irish girl to be dead.
Despite the call for guns she pockets the .22 and instead holds on tight as the van finally begins to move "There’s an abandoned garage on Wharf road we could use" she suggests when the subject of safe houses came up. it wasn't exactly the bat cave but if nothing else it'd give them enough time to destroy any evidence and then go their separate ways.

DeletedUser35174

The shot didn't pierce the glass but it was enough to confuse the driver into swerving the van. The other Swat van stopped only 20 feet away and uniformed officers started climbing out at the back. "ETHAN, GET IN THE VAN!" yelled one of the girls. Ethan shot a few rounds at the SWAT van before sprinting as fast as he can to the rear of the get away van. "COME ON!" he yelled to Huang in an irish accent.

DeletedUser13682

This was it. The SWAT vans were closing in, and a Department vehicle was right behind them. The driver decided to wait for the others, who for some reason or another, weren't entering the van. As the noncombatant slapped the driver for not leaving, the blockade was formed by the incoming vehicles, well two of them. The first SWAT van had been taken out of formation by a shattered windscreen. As New York SWAT piled out of the formation van, two of the others entered. Katy, the one who had organized this, was left in the field, probably dead. As the other noncombatant suggested they hide in a warehouse, and the Russian called for arms, Vincent closed the other door, and turned forward. Sticking his rifle's barrel around the Russian and out of the window, Vincent fired his Martini Henry at the line of armoured police officers, not expecting to hit anyone, but maybe causing a disturbance to scatter them.

DeletedUser

Doc knew that she would be no good with the small pistol that Katy had given her at the beginning of this mission, but she pulled it out anyway. She aimed at the SWAT van, and pulled the trigger a couple of times, but it was half-hearted at best. Katy…. Katy was dead. Doc wondered if there had been a chance of saving her. Doc had been so focused on saving her own self, and getting to the van, that she hadn’t even noticed that Katy was down. What kind of doctor was she? This thought made her quickly scan the others for injury. Sera looked bloody, but it didn’t seem to be hers. She would ask them if they had injuries when they got to the safe house that Sera had mentioned. If their leader, correction,….x leader, Katy, had a safe house for them, she wouldn’t be sharing that information anymore. Who would they make their report to? Oh my, her life certainly had gotten complicated, she thought. It was undoubtedly questionable whether they would make it to their safe place, or any place of their choosing for that matter. With that thought, she pulled the trigger with a bit more vigor.