Sick One

DeletedUser31931

As the assault shotgun missed them and one of the guards went for the pistol Maya slipped her rifle immediately to the pistol-drawer's head and fired a burst straight for him. Then snapping back to the one diving for cover she shot his head as well. "Ethan, you deal with this!" She snapped, as she turned and began to sprint after Eddie. She knew every one of their names as she had made a point of memorising them when Katy had given her the dossiers. "Eddie, get back here." She yelled as she sprinted at full pace after him.

DeletedUser28032

Stepping into the modern looking reception hall Sera studies the signage looking for the way to the main factory floor paying no mind to the terrified receptionist or the sounds of gunfire coming from behind even if they had made her jump, confident that Maya and Ethan would have it under control.
Hearing the sudden bellowed command Sera turns to stare wide eyed at the approaching guard as he opens fire upon them, her entire body paralysed with fear, the idea of drawing the gun from her waistband and firing upon the man herself never even entering her mind.
Just as she thinks that she is going to die, a roar of gunfire comes from somewhere behind her practically cutting him in half as she meanwhile claps a her hands over her ears against the sudden noise giving a single shriek of fright in response her paralysis seemingly cured. Her eyes fall to stare at the dying man as he gasps for air like a landed fish, his uniform drenched in blood with yet more of the dark crimson liquid pooling across the floor towards her. How could there be so much blood in one person? She asks herself, the sight of the man finally dying causing her to feel nauseous.
Giving the dead man a wide berth she follows Katy onto the main factory floor, concentrating on the vats and machinery so as not to think of the dead men and gunfire outside “This isn’t right…I know all machines have a standard clearance this is ridiculous, I mean seriously are they driving tanks through here?” she says upon noticing the overly wide spacing between the machines, though other than that they seemed perfectly normal to her.
It was as she was taking in this first mystery that she notices another, namely the right hand wall being completely empty. Walking up to the wall in question she looks across its surface to see if there was anything out the ordinary about it before slowly raising her hand and knowing that she would look extremely stupid if she was wrong raps her knuckles against the wall.

DeletedUser

As Doc approached the foreman, the man shouted “Don’t hurt us! We surrender; we’ll do what you say.” Doc, adjusted her glasses, and took another deep breath. “I have no intention on hurting you, but I do need your help.” Doc spoke in her soft melodious voice, and looked directly into the frightened man’s eyes. She had found in her experience, appealing directly to someone for help, triggered their innate desire to please. “We don’t have a lot of time.” Doc resisted the urge to look at her watch, and continued to concentrate keeping her voice slow and steady. She needed to start with something simple, to create a rapport. “First, tell me your name.”

DeletedUser13682

The office was very clean, very well kept. He would have done away with the plastic plant, and the terrified receptionist. It wasn’t like he was going to shoot anybody. The rifle was there for self defence, not for attacking. Looking at the three doors offered to him, Vincent decided on the left door; the right door led to the factory floor; the middle door led to the W.C.. The left door was glass, and led to the main office area. Inside, the workers had no idea that a raid was being conducted. As he headed toward that door, Vincent heard a bullet pass near him. Turning around, he saw a charging guard ordering him to drop his weapon. Before Vincent could do anything, a burst of gunfire shattered the main entrance and the guard. As he fell into a pool of his own blood, Vincent’s “saviour”, Katy, rubbed the fact that she had saved him, and ordered him to move it. Shaking his head at the rudeness of this Hibernian, Vincent headed into the office area. Ignoring the office workers, Vincent looked for the manager’s office, where all the important records would be kept.

DeletedUser35174

Ethan walked slowly towards the guards, one already had his hands up, but the two outside the cubicle refused to stand down. By the looks of them, ex military. "Bloody hell lad don......." Ethan was cut half sentence as a face popped up in the cubicle, a shotgun in their hand, and fired. The bullet missed, but not before Ethan rolled to the side and kneeled behind a stone slab that jutted out of the ground. Maya reacted faster than he did and shot both guards that were outside the cubicle. two left. "think you can shoot at me huh?" Ethan muttered before popping up and down out of cover to see what he was up against. Quickly, he leaned to the side and shot a few rounds into the cubicle.

DeletedUser

Sera

Nothing happened. Tapping the wall didn't bring about any reaction, although now that she was this close to the wall it was not hard for her to notice that some parts of the breezeblock wall looked fresher than other parts, almost like there were things up against it that had been moved.
"HANDS IN THE AIR! EVERYBODY STAY WHERE I CAN SEE YOU!" Katy yelled behind her, firing twice into the empty floor, which was covered in various scuffmarks and irregular patterns of undisturbed dust.
"Jaesus... where's crowd control?" Katy muttered.

Vincent

The office was reasonably sized, and upon his entrance the three suited men looked up and stared at the gun, ignoring their holographic computers placed on the circular partitioned table that stood in the centre of the room. There was a glass wall with a door leading off into a small office at the opposite end of teh room, behind which sat a larger desk with a larger holographic interface, server bank and data port, as well as a cabinet clearly marked STATIONERY.
Sitting calmly behind the desk sat a suited old woman who watched Vincent closely with hawk-like eyes.

Ethan

Ethan's shots provoked an angered shout from inside the cubicle, followed by a small cylindrical metal container that was thrown out of the window.
Meanwhile Huang was forcing the security guard who had surrendered onto the ground, and had taken his sidearm and nightstick. He turned to stare at the cylinder, which
had landed and rolled under Ethan's feet. "Tear gas!" Huang shouted just as the substance hissed out of the cylinder, creeping across the concrete ground. Although the gas had only been released a second or so ago, Ethan could already feel his eyes watering as the irritant began to take effect.
The limping figure of a gas mask clad security guard appeared in the cubicle's doorway, shouldering another assault shotgun.

Doc

"Vickers Bakker." The foreman replied in a distinct South African accent, he was breathing hard, trying to keep calm. "Please… do not kill me." He said. "We are not doing anything wrong here, please, just go." As Vickers spoke Doc couldn't help noticing that two out of the five workers that had stayed outside were intensely watching her and Vickers, instead of Maya and Eddie.

Maya

Eddie turned to face her, one eyebrow raised. "Hah? What are ya talking about? Let them dumb plodders deal with the guards, we're supposed to keep the workers down on their knees so they don't mess with the nerds. Now c'mon!" With that he turned and strode toward the small band of orange-clad workers still standing outside with their hands in the air. Pointing his machine pistol at the grey clouds, he fired off a burst before pointing it back at the workers. "C'MON!" He yelled. "GET DOWN YA DUMB DRONES! C'MON!"

DeletedUser28032

So the wall wasn't hollow, which was a good thing she supposed however it was clear by the discolouration’s that something had been here "You...what used to stand here? and don't lie to me or...or...I'll have my friend shoot you" she said speaking to one of the nearby workers her voice sounding anything but threatening, though with any luck Katy's presence would more than compensate for that.

DeletedUser13682

Not surprisingly, as Vincent entered the room, the office workers (who happened to be wearing similar suits to Vincent), stood up and attempted to get away from the man with the rifle, even though it was an antique and surpassed by many rifle designs. Vincent ignored them, they weren’t important in this operation; they probably didn’t know what was going on at this factory. Vincent’s goal was an office off to the side, where an old woman in a business suit sat behind a monitor. Her eyes creeped Vincent out a bit, but he was on a mission. Entering the office, Vincent lowered the Martini-Henry, and spoke to the woman. “I’m sorry to intrude like this, but I was sent here. You’re under suspicion of shady operations. We need all your files. Every last one, both secret and not.” Vincent placed a 3D magnetic storage device on the table. “Put them on here. I’ll be watching to make sure you get everything.”

DeletedUser

As Doc heard the foreman reply with his name “Vickers Bakker”, she observed that Vickers seemed more alarmed than he should be. There is no way that Vickers was going to talk with those two workers being so intent on the conversation. Doc put her body between the workers and Vickers. She said loudly “this guy doesn’t know anything, I will blindfold him and go inside.” She then turned her attention back to Vickers. Doc leaned close and whispered. “Now that your buddies over there can’t see us, and if you keep your voice down, they won’t be able to hear either. Perhaps now, you will be more willing to tell me what is REALLY going on here. I promise that after you tell me what I need to know, I will blindfold you, like the others, and you will live to see another day.”

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31931

Maya ran after Eddie as he shouted that it was their job to control the workers. Whilst this point was true, she didn't want him going ahead and so redoubled her speed and caught up with the man quickly. She skidded to a stop and once he had shouted at them she tapped him on the shoulder and then spoke, allowing her menacing Russian-accent to flow free. "I would advise you to do as he says, my friend here would be quite happy to blow your brains out should you not comply." Without waiting for a response she continued. "Are there any other sections of this factory with more workers? If so how do we get there?" Her plan was to leave Eddie in charge there (as much as she considered it an extremely bad idea as minimal loss of life would be better for the organisation's image) and go round up the rest of the workers.

DeletedUser35174

An angry shout was all that was replied from the cubicle. As Ethan was turning to shoot, a cylindrical object bounced it's way near him. "tear gas!" yelled huan just as the gas began to fume out, "oh jaesus ya pack of mongs" yelled Ethan as he rolled sideways and began to sprint towards another block of stone, his eyes were stinging causing his eyesight to blur. Still, he could see the shape of the stone slab.

DeletedUser

Sera

The worker, who had his hands in the air looked stranagely at her, before shaking his head. "There was never any machinery there ma'am." He said firmly. "This is a peaceful and legal facility producing fertilizer, nothing more. You are wrong to disrupt our work here."

Maya

"Just indoors ma'am." Replied the nearest worker, who cocked his head towards the open loading bay leading onto the factory floor. Eddie meanwhile was pacing around, flicking his aim between the workers rapidly, keeping them on edge.

Ethan

He made behind the slab just as another shell from the guard thumped into the tarmac behind him. A burst of gunfire followed, accompanied by a muffled scream. A few seconds later Huang backed away towards Ethan, trying to keep his gun trained on the surrendering guard as he tossed a bloodstained gas mask and handkerchief over to him, before fumbling as he put on his own gas mask.

Doc

Vickers nodded and walked with her back towards the facility. "I will only tell you if you can guarantee safety for me and my family." He said. Now that he was away from the other workers he looked slightly relieved, but when he spoke he still sounded just as scared.

Vincent

The woman with the hawk-like eyes picked up the data disk and smiled. "Certainly. You won't find anything. This is a peaceful and legal facility. We do no wrong here." Turning, she attached the disk to the server bank. A holographic window appeared, and her fingers began to move within the light, dragging, dropping and copying files.
"I don't know what you hope to find here." She said, still smiling. "All we do here is produce fertilizer, nothing more."

DeletedUser28032

"Really!? You want to go down that line?" Sera said in exasperation; rolling her eyes in a manner that said she was used to working with idiots "Come on, we're going take a little walk" she said the man as she put her arm about his shoulder in what would normally be a friendly manner and led over to the wall " Now you see those darker patches on the wall? the patches where the sun hasn't bleached the colour...well that tells me that there was something standing here and that your lying to me...now either you tell what used to stand here and where it is now or we'll just have to blow the entire factory up just to be on the safe side" there were no explosives in her bag as she'd had neither the time or the need to make any however she did have a couple of chemicals that would pass if she was pushed and she was certain that she would be able to find some sugar in the staff room if pushed even further "So...what’s it going to be? Are you going to tell what is really going on in here or shall we just blow the whole place up and make you unemployed?"

DeletedUser

“Guarantees are not something I can personally provide Mr. Bakker. To say anything less, would be a lie. However, I will do what I can. More than likely, it won’t even be known that you said anything…as your buddies out there think you are blindfolded.” Doc looked at her watch again, and knew that time was running out. She hated to rush like this, but there was no more time to be nice. Doc took one more deep breath, and exhaled. “Vickers, one thing I can promise, is that if you don’t tell me what I need to know very quickly, we both will be dead. Then, who will look after your family? Talk to me Vickers, talk to me now!”

DeletedUser31931

"Just indoors ma'am." Replied the nearest worker, who cocked his head towards the open loading bay leading onto the factory floor. Maya smiled, and nodded her head. "Thank you," she replied, "and if you've been lying to me I'll shoot you where you stand". With a grim smile at the worker, clearly indicating she would be quite happy to do as she said; she turned to Eddie and spoke, giving the aforementioned worker time to think over her threat. "You stay here and keep them under control, shoot any that try anything, I'm sure you have no problem with that. I'll go gather up the rest."

DeletedUser13682

As the old woman, who Vincent assumed was the local boss, picked up the data disk and began transferring files from the work computer, she insisted that the work done was entirely innocent, nothing more than fertilizer. That may have been so, but the Foundation believed that something more was going on here. As the back of the holographic screen showed a reflected transfer bar, Vincent decided to talk. “You know, I once found a book,” he began. “Brave New World. About a unified world government, controlling scientific progress, keeping the populace docile. Very similar to what we have now. I read about the progress humanity made, up until the Federation was formed. We used to live in Earth orbit, ready to permanently live on the Moon and Mars. We were slated to spread out through the solar system. Now, we’re stuck here on Terra. Don’t you ever look at the stars, and wonder why we’re not there now?” Vincent had no purpose to this talking; he just wanted to pass the time by.

DeletedUser35174

Ethan made it to cover in time, only to see another shell bounce behind him. "BLOODY CHRIST!" he yelled. In a matter of seconds, Huang came and threw him a gas mask, Ethan fumbled with the mask for a few seconds but finally managed to put it on. He took in a deep breath and calmed himself. Leaning out of cover he fired shots towards the man behind the cubicle.

DeletedUser

Vincent

The woman stole a quick glance at Vincent as she transferred the files, although her face remained perfectly still, betraying no thought or emotion.
Once he finished, she spoke. "No, I do not wonder, because I know. Humanity is simply not ready to expand yet. The Federal Unity wants to expand, but they can't, not while people like you still fight for your 'freedom'." Her answer came so easily, like reading from a textbook. With a final flick of the finger. A tiny 'Downloads Complete' icon appeared amongst the holographics and the woman pulled out the data disk and held it out.

Maya

"Yeah yeah yeah." Eddie muttered as he stalked around small group of workers, who were all watching him, all apart from two, who stared at the Doc and the foreman.
From where she stood, Maya could see the open factory loading bay, it was empty now, all the workers had disappeared into the workshop. From within it came two loud gunshots. Something was happening.

Ethan

The guard barely had time to scream as the bullets found their mark, piercing his body armour and going through the heart.
"AREA CLEAR!" Came Huang's muffled shout as he stalked forwards to the edge of the tear gas cloud. All the guards were down, the gates were secure."Ethan!" Huang shouted from behind his mask. "Go through the gas cloud and get to the gates. Watch the road, I'll get the van ready for pullout. The others should be done soon."

Sera

From behind her Katy fired two shots over the heads of a worker. "GET ON THE GROUND!" The Irishwoman shouted, but Sera couldn't see what exactly was happening.
Meanwhile the worker looked at the uneven patches on the wall and grimly smiled. Sighing, he turned to look at her. "They always miss something." He said dismissively.
The man appeared to be in his late fifties, with sunken green eyes, crows feet, a receding grey hairline and a scar on the left side of his face that looked suspiciously like a bullet graze. However any speculation or reply that she might have made was cut short by the cold hard feeling of a small calibre gun barrel held against her back.
The old man's face seemed more sad than smug at the move. "This is a 22. rimfire hold-out pistol. If I pull the trigger the bullet will pass into your gut, and probably won't come out. You won't die but you will know pain like you never have before" He said curtly, then paused, before continuing. "I am a Operative of the Department for Security and Safety of the Citizens of the Federal Unity. You are under arrest for participating in terrorism activities, with intent to kill or maim civilians. I suggest you keep your mouth shut."

Doc

Vickers looked extremely nervous, and stayed silent for a moment, weighing up the options. "They are making cyanogen." He said finally, the words escaping his mouth like wolves from a cage. "It is a natural ingredient in fertiliser, which is why they are using a fertiliser plant as cover. But they are making it in large amounts. Toxic cyanogen gas. I don't know why... I don't know why..." Now that he had started talking, he seemed unable to stop, it just spilled out. "Also... they... they..." He fumbled over his words. "The Department... they knew you were coming here... they removed the machinery and are waiting to catch you..." Finally he stopped. Now he looked desperate. "Now please, help me, if they know I told you this they will kill me and my family. Help me."

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: This should be fine, but if it's not and I've killed off some vital character then PM me tiger.)

Maya swore as she heard gunshots, they weren't from Eddie and he should be the only one firing. Something had gone wrong. She drew her Five-Seven deciding to go for the silenced approached and moved towards the door, she spotted the old man and saw him pointing the gun at Sera's head. That made the decision for Maya. The pistol appeared first, firing two nice shots aimed at the man's chest and head. She slipped round and pointed the gun at his body and fired once more. Then, assuming he must be dead by now, she aimed the gun at the rest of the workers. "What the hell is going on?" She commanded of either of the two girls, her accent had vanished, she was in business mode.

DeletedUser28032

The sense of victory over having successfully out manoeuvred the reluctant worker didn't last long as she felt the barrel of a gun digging into her ribs as the man revealed his true identity out of all the workers in this place why did I have to put my arm around the secret policeman!? Sera's mind silently panicked screwing her eyes up as the severity of the situation hit her "Please...please don't..." she whispered back, her voice trembling slightly with fear as her mind raced, searching for a way out of her predicament "...I...I didn't want to do this...they made me...they have my family" she continued hoping that the fear in her voice would lend weight to the lie.
However before the man could make any reply to her terrified whisperings there were two loud bangs closely preceded by a warm splash against the side of her face. With the mans blood dripping from off of her hood and onto the floor she watches as the Russian woman; Maya then proceeded to fire an additional round into the heart before demanding to know what had happened. The only reply Sera made however was to be promptly sick.