Should there be a Gold Mining job?

DeletedUser

Personally (as a range dueler) i can't wait to start robbing gold miners who are pure red builds :D

DeletedUser13223

Yes for Gold Mines!

Naturally THE WEST should have gold mines!!:)

DeletedUser

I agree, its a good idea (even though gold was only discovered in the early 1800s)
Anyways, I like the donkey idea that they could bring the gold. You've gotmy vote if this goes to dev discussions.

DeletedUser

I'll just look for the guy with sword standing in the middle of no where.

DeletedUser

i like the idea, but many people are suggesting using vigor, stamina, and toughness as skills.
i agree that shooting should be left out, but you can't have 3 red skills. thats just too much. i'd say have it use vigor, stamina, reflex, fine motor skills, and trading.
reflex is a resistance skill, meaning this would still look like a good job to a resistance dueler, however its not a red skill. many resistance duelers will put all attributes into strength, meaning that having 3 red skills as well as two of their main dueling skills would mean they would get to this job way too fast, and then they'd have way too much money to spend. changing toughness to reflex means that it will take them a bit longer to get to it, without preventing vigor duelers from being able to get to this job as well. and reflex makes sense as a skill, since if your using dynamite to blast away rock to get to the gold, then you'll want to be able to get out of the way quickly.

I'd be interested in swapping out FMS for Repairing (for keeping the mine intact). If Vigor wasn't a must-include, I'd consider swapping it out for Construction, but... *shrug*

So: Vigor, Stamina, Reflexes, Repairing, Trading.

Also, has anyone given any thought to the products that would be obtained from this job?

---

Pickaxe - 3% chance - holdover from Iron Mining.

Foold gold - 98% chance.

Gold Coin - 50% chance, Buy: $100, Sell : $50 - Would be a nice add to Prospecting for 3% chance or so.

Gold Bar - 10% chance, Buy: $500, Sell: $250.

---

The devs will presumeably tweak this within an inch of it's life, but you get the idea.