Should there be a Gold Mining job?

DeletedUser

great idea, seeing as it's spose to make the great job it would be maybe?

85-90% Wages?
35-40% Experience?
25-30% Luck?
50-55% Danger
What, any job as good as this needs SOME danger.But hey, I'm in

DeletedUser

Vigor x2, Shooting, Toughness, Trading

Vigor cause you need strength.
Shooting to keep the bandits away.
Toughness to keep going and to last longer in the hot sun.
Trading to sell your gold, duh...

Deleted User - 819397

I like the idea of gold mining. Just think, in the actual west, in this time period, there was a gold rush, and gold mines did exist. Plus, like others have said, if we have silver mining, why not have gold mining too?

DeletedUser16628

I think it would be great then I have another cashcow target:-)))))))))))
Just kidding I don't do that but I have thought about it but I say if it's the wild west well then that was founded on gold california gold rush right.
THUMBS UP FROM ME.

Deleted User - 819397

I think it would be great then I have another cashcow target:-)))))))))))
Just kidding I don't do that but I have thought about it but I say if it's the wild west well then that was founded on gold california gold rush right.
THUMBS UP FROM ME.

Exactly...it would fit the theme of the west perfectly while adding an awesome element of gameplay...you know, enough of us have agreed...I'm thinking we might be ready to vote on this! Of course, Gem has to agree... Anyone who's on good terms with Gem should talk to him...

Harsha..

yes, i also agree

Gold mining can be a great addition to the game, as one of the new high-cash jobs

but, what's the skill point total needed?

DeletedUser16628

Let's blast some new threads on this subject GOLD IN THE WEST it makes sense and I will support it but it will take more than 5-6 people to get it done we need more visibility quick.......more big names in the game are needed let's do this any bright ideas?

DeletedUser

Exactly...it would fit the theme of the west perfectly while adding an awesome element of gameplay...you know, enough of us have agreed...I'm thinking we might be ready to vote on this! Of course, Gem has to agree... Anyone who's on good terms with Gem should talk to him...

!!!!! I think you mean her!!!!!

Deleted User - 819397

Dang, sorry Gem. I know that when people call me the wrong gender I hate it...I'm sorry...:sad:

DeletedUser

So, i think this is a good idea
we have a discussion about skill long ago

Harsha..

so...this idea is very lucrative , i can't wait for it to go into the voting stage

also, there seems to be no flaws in this plan, what does Gem say?

DeletedUser

i like the idea, but many people are suggesting using vigor, stamina, and toughness as skills.
i agree that shooting should be left out, but you can't have 3 red skills. thats just too much. i'd say have it use vigor, stamina, reflex, fine motor skills, and trading.
reflex is a resistance skill, meaning this would still look like a good job to a resistance dueler, however its not a red skill. many resistance duelers will put all attributes into strength, meaning that having 3 red skills as well as two of their main dueling skills would mean they would get to this job way too fast, and then they'd have way too much money to spend. changing toughness to reflex means that it will take them a bit longer to get to it, without preventing vigor duelers from being able to get to this job as well. and reflex makes sense as a skill, since if your using dynamite to blast away rock to get to the gold, then you'll want to be able to get out of the way quickly.

Deleted User - 819397

Because Gem apparently thinks that more people need to agree on this...I have to say, though, it's got my vote!

DeletedUser

IMO, this is closer to what "Gem thinks"...

Elmyr:281673 said:
<snip>
...I don't think there's much chance of any new job suggestions being implemented. I could be wrong, but I really think it's up to the devs to balance the skills, difficulty, percentages, etc.

Elmyr:335053 said:
Gem agrees: never going to happen.

The problem is that people try to skew jobs in their favor. For some reason, people who own resistance builds are particularly prolific in terms of creating these types of threads.

Edit: Corrected Gem's name...:eek:hmy:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Gem, not Jem! To get the quote links to work, use ; not :
I agree with you. No job is going to go to the devs.