Sexuality is Not a Choice

DeletedUser

I can't let you get away with that.
You are full of it, dude, and I don't mean Christian love and humility.
Yours is a sick and debased mockery of the values of Christ and I pity you.
Other people's sexuality is no interest to me. If it fascinates or freaks you out so much you need to look at yourself and figure out why.

It does not "freak me out." The bible says its wrong, that is all. I'm not advocating killing or suppressing them in anyway. As far as the government allowing or disallowing their marriages its up to them as I stated before. You cannot let me get away with what exactly? I was not even talking to you. Helstromm was saying "we, as a society, prevent such bible-toting bigots from espousing their hating ways onto our respective societies." This comment is saying society should stop religion. This is exactly what I said it is, anti-religious and anti-American even, as religious freedom is a protected right.

DeletedUser16008

anti-American even ??

Dude I hate to break it to ya but Jesus wasn't an American and neither is his old man. ;)

DeletedUser

It does not "freak me out." The bible says its wrong, that is all. I'm not advocating killing or suppressing them in anyway.
The Bible says a lot of things but you choose to focus on this one. That's why I think you need to look at yourself. You joined this thread to troll others so you could express your reprehensible views. Jesus tells us to love our neighbours as ourselves, but you conveniently forget that part of the Bible.
As far as the government allowing or disallowing their marriages its up to them as I stated before. You cannot let me get away with what exactly?
This (exact quote]:
"You want to "actively seek to restrict, oppress, penalize and even kill people identified as" religious"
Hellstromm said no such thing. You are bearing false witness. Even in your own religion that is a sin (commandment #9).
I was not even talking to you.
This is a public discussion forum. If you want to talk to HS then use the PM,system.
Helstromm was saying "we, as a society, prevent such bible-toting bigots from espousing their hating ways onto our respective societies." This comment is saying society should stop religion.
No - it's saying we should stop a kind of bigotry. If you think religion and bigotry are synonymous I can see why you are in the mess you are in.
This is exactly what I said it is, anti-religious and anti-American even, as religious freedom is a protected right.
Nonsense. The Constitution separates churcn and state. No one is questioning freedom of religion, only the public airing of your dogmatic, obnoxious, self-righteous judgements.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The Bible says a lot of things but you choose to focus on this one. That's why I think you need to look at yourself. You joined this thread to troll others so you could express your reprehensible views. Jesus tells us to love our neighbours as ourselves, but you conveniently forget that part of the Bible.

I never said you should not love your neighbor.

This (exact quote]:
"You want to "actively seek to restrict, oppress, penalize and even kill people identified as" religious"
Hellstromm said no such thing. You are bearing false witness. Even in your own religion that is a sin (commandment #9).

His words were to stop "Bible toting bigotry." He used a slur to describe Christianity as a whole and he wants to stop Christianity. I did not make that up.

If you think religion and bigotry are synonymous I can see why you are in the mess you are in.

HS was the one who made that comparison.

Nonsense. The Constitution separates churcn and state. No one is questioning freedom of religion, only the public airing of your dogmatic, obnoxious, self-righteous judgements.
"So it makes a difference that we, as a society, prevent such bible-toting bigots from espousing their hating ways onto our respective societies" Society...prevent...bible...their ways... what part don't you understand?

The belief that homo sex is against bible standards is not "stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own." -http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigotry I said repeatedly you have the free will to believe what ever you want. It is you who seems to not want me to believe what I want and HS is included as per his obvious statement! You are the bigots and trolls as per your intolerance.

DeletedUser

His words were to stop "Bible toting bigotry." He used a slur to describe Christianity as a whole and he wants to stop Christianity. I did not make that up.

where did he say that? he was only saying that he wanted to stop Christians using religion as an excuse to insult and slander other people.

"So it makes a difference that we, as a society, prevent such bible-toting bigots from espousing their hating ways onto our respective societies" Society...prevent...bible...their ways... what part don't you understand?

methinks that YOU are the one who does not understand.

DeletedUser

I'll keep it simple for you.
You go from that quote to saying:
"You want to "actively seek to restrict, oppress, penalize and even kill people identified as" religious."
Now how do you figure that HS is saying that he wants to kill people? That's the part I don't understand, because that's not what his words are saying and yet somehow you claim that it is. Now kindly explain how got an exhortation to murder from what HS wrote, or else apologise for libelling him.
Don't go off-topic, raise another issue or get mealy-mouthed.
Just explain nice and simple how you got from "we .... prevent such bible-toting bigots from espousing their hating ways" to "kill people".
Your floor.

DeletedUser

i got one good old question if everyone was homosexuals will this thread ever exist

DeletedUser

where did he say that? he was only saying that he wanted to stop Christians using religion as an excuse to insult and slander other people.

He called Christians bible toting bigots. Then stated society needs to stop them from teaching their ways. Its pretty simple and that is the idea behind anti-theism which he has never denied being apart of.

"You want to "actively seek to restrict, oppress, penalize and even kill people identified as" religious."
Now how do you figure that HS is saying that he wants to kill people? That's the part I don't understand, because that's not what his words are saying and yet somehow you claim that it is. Now kindly explain how got an exhortation to murder from what HS wrote, or else apologise for libelling him.
Just explain nice and simple how you got from "we .... prevent such bible-toting bigots from espousing their hating ways" to "kill people".
Your floor.
How exactly do you stop a group of people from believing a certain way or teaching those ways? Where exactly do you think that argument goes?

Tell me exactly how believing homosexuality is wrong lead to murder? The bible clearly states murder is wrong so really how do you jump to that conclusion?

i got one good old question if everyone was homosexuals will this thread ever exist

If every one was homosexual humans would not exist... Babies don't really come from storks;)

DeletedUser17143

If every one was homosexual humans would not exist... Babies don't really come from storks;)

If everyone was homosexual then evolution would have developed a way millions of years ago for us to procreate... we didn't really come from Adam and Eve and all that other creationist rubbish that the bible preaches.

DeletedUser

If everyone was homosexual then evolution would have developed a way millions of years ago for us to procreate... we didn't really come from Adam and Eve and all that other creationist rubbish that the bible preaches.
No evolution is wrong we really did come from Adam and Eve and what the bible teaches is true.

DeletedUser

No evolution is wrong we really did come from Adam and Eve and what the bible teaches is true.

Yes, and any fossil or other geologic evidence to the contrary is just God lying to you and the Bible is literally 100% true, even the parts that contradict the other parts.

As to the actual topic, who cares if it's choice or genetics, nature or nurture. Anything consenting adults want to do to each other in the privacy of their own homes is nobody's business but their own.

DeletedUser

Yes, and any fossil or other geologic evidence to the contrary is just God lying to you and the Bible is literally 100% true, even the parts that contradict the other parts.

Fossil evidence is debatable.

As to the actual topic, who cares if it's choice or genetics, nature or nurture. Anything consenting adults want to do to each other in the privacy of their own homes is nobody's business but their own.

Yes back on topic... what they do in the privacy of their own home is their business and their choice.

DeletedUser

Fossil evidence is debatable.

Yeah, and God just screwed up in giving Noah his specifications and it turned out there was no room for an animal with a five-foot diameter vertebra.

Yes back on topic... what they do in the privacy of their own home is their business and their choice.

Why is it so hard for fundamentalists to believe that God created cancer, MS, CF, ALS, and scores of other genetic abonormalities, but not homosexuality. [I don't mean to compare it to a disease, except in that the fundamentalist viewpoint sees it as a rational person might see a disease.]

DeletedUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Makepeace
Your floor.

RESPONSE:
How exactly do you stop a group of people from believing a certain way or teaching those ways? Where exactly do you think that argument goes?

Tell me exactly how believing homosexuality is wrong lead to murder? The bible clearly states murder is wrong so really how do you jump to that conclusion?

FAIL!

DeletedUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Makepeace
Your floor.

RESPONSE:

FAIL!
Very mature responce:rolleyes: Who can argue with the solid logic and reasoning of "fail":rolleyes:

DeletedUser

So no reply to [my] post that your compassionate god created such screwed up genetics that give us cancer, MS, CF, ALS, etc, but the idea of homosexuality being genetic is just repugnant? That's one sick twisted deity you have there.

DeletedUser

I really hope you are joking right now. Please be joking.

That's fundamentalism/scriptural literalism for you. Instead of seeking a balance between reason and faith it throws reason out the window.

Edit: Of course I lost the latter years ago, but I think if you have to choose between the two, reason's the way to go. Isn't that what separates us from the lesser primates from which they don't believe we evolved?

DeletedUser17143

Okay. I don't want to get too off topic, so I am going to make this as simple as possible so that your underdeveloped brain can understand it so that we can move on.

I follow the evolution theory. You may say "Well it is just a theory". But it isn't. The only reason it is called a theory is because EVERYTHING in science is called a theory.

It has nothing to do with whether it is "proven" because NOTHING in science is ever considered "proven." Gravity is still stated as a theory, so unless you have some ridiculous idea that God is holding all of us down to this planet you should agree that Gravity although still presented as a theory is very real. And so is evolution. In fact there is more evidence to support Evolution than there is to support the idea of gravity. We understand what causes evolution. We don't know what causes gravity or mass yet. We know how long it has taken for most species to evolve. Our common ancestors and all of the genetic and environmental factors that can cause evolution to happen. We can look at each others genes and even edit them to influence evolution in our own way. We have fossil evidence of animals that failed to evolve quickly enough and died out through natural selection and we have found many remains of less developed human beings. And even completely different species of the human species that evolved differently due to different diets.

Meanwhile over at the creationism camp... God made heaven and earth in 7 days... okay. Now what is your evidence to support that? Or any other ridiculous creationist theory you have.

If you really want to insist that creationism is a valid belief then open up a thread. I will happily point out the many short comings in that crack pot theory.