Sexual Orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Do you and I look like a Bird or sheep? I didn't think so, if all those rams or birds were gay they would go extinct, so it's clear that is not how we were intended to mate.
Mercury

Both of us share amazingly many features with birds and even more with sheep.
Indeed, if all were homosexual, they'd die out, but there aren't 100% homosexuals, but neither are there 0%.

jack not being rude but these studies are not funded. if u take an animal stick it in a cage for a year with others of same sex for sure you will get some that will go mental...
you cannot state figures about wildlife as it is pretty impossible even to recense numbers of animals let alone how many of them are homosexual.
that said you will find the odd animal that will give it to his fellow mates, but like i say, MOST of the animal kingdom has worked out that what is natural is male to female sexuality.

Sorry, but there are ~1500 species described, that show homosexual behaviour. Hardly any of these are caged.
People, who deal with wildlife, can pretty much make accurate assumptions. Just because something appears as random guesses to the layman, doesn't mean, that those are mere guesses.

And again, if homosexuality was harmful for a species, then it would be wiped out within a single generation. Homosexuals, whether it's only a single couple or thousands, get no offspring, they die, case closed.
Observations are proof though that this isn't the case. (unless you believe the world has only existed for less than a generation, so only a couple of days) It's obviously more complicated than that. Scientists are still trying to figure out all reasons, but the fact remains that it has to be beneficial for a species.

DeletedUser10480

If a ram and goat mate it becomes a Gam or a Roat! :D

See? At least one guy gets to the heart of the issue here!

(oh...and I find it peculiar the previous poster didn't dispute much.......he just objected that "these studies were not funded".)

Wow....Another Government nob head at work............it's only valid if the GubMint tells him so.....

DeletedUser

Wow....Another Government nob head at work............it's only valid if the GubMint tells him so.....

So far everybody brought arguments to their statement related to the subject, not to the person. But here comes you, stepping over every rule of debating and drops an insult making a nice discussion a personal attack. What is wrong with you? Didn't you have debate classes in school? Or you just can't debate like a normal person would?
Stick to the subject please.

DeletedUser10480

So far everybody brought arguments to their statement related to the subject, not to the person. But here comes you, stepping over every rule of debating and drops an insult making a nice discussion a personal attack. What is wrong with you? Didn't you have debate classes in school? Or you just can't debate like a normal person would?
Stick to the subject please.

I was kicked in the head by a mule as a child....that's my standard excuse for being flippant in the face of stupidity. He left quite a hoof print.

DeletedUser9470

DL if you are homosexual or like to have sex with goats and rams to see if you can create other species isnt the subject here...
i merely point out that MOST (i repeat) MOST (again for those who cant read full sentences in 1 go) MOST animals have got it right and prefer to go down the natural route. wether you like to take it from the local builders is entirely your choice and please keep doing so if that makes you feel happy, but im not too keen on knowing about it.

also what i say AGAIN *sigh* is:
Please dont come up with figures on how much of a species population is homosexual as that is a mere estimate and means nothing. seeing 10 bulls and 1 mating another doesnt mean that if you see 1000000000000 of them 100000000000 will be homosexual.

also i am pretty sure you will be asking what is right and wrong and my answer is the anus has been designed by your body to deal with getting rid of excrements:
[spoil]
The anus is an opening at the opposite end of an animal's digestive tract from the mouth. Its function is to control the expulsion of feces, unwanted semi-solid matter produced during digestion, which, depending on the type of animal, may be one or more of: matter which the animal cannot digest, such as bones;[1] food material after all the nutrients have been extracted, for example cellulose or lignin; ingested matter which would be toxic if it remained in the digestive tract; and dead or excess gut bacteria and other endosymbionts.
Amphibians, reptiles, and birds use the same orifice for excreting liquid and solid wastes, and for copulation and egg-laying; this orifice is known as the cloaca. Monotreme mammals also have a cloaca, which is thought to be a feature inherited from the earliest amniotes via the therapsids. Marsupials have two nether orifices: one for excreting both solids and liquids; the other for reproduction, which appears as a vagina in females and a penis in males. Female placental mammals have completely separate orifices for defecation, urination, and reproduction; males have one opening for defecation and another for both urination and reproduction, although the channels flowing to that orifice are almost completely separate.
The development of the anus was an important stage in the evolution of multicellular animals. In fact it appears to have happened at least twice, following different paths in protostomes and deuterostomes. This accompanied or facilitated other important evolutionary developments: the bilaterian body plan; the coelom, an internal cavity that provided space for a circulatory system and, in some animals, formed a hydrostatic skeleton which enables worm-like animals to burrow; metamerism, in which the body was built of repeated "modules" which could later specialize, for example the heads of most arthropods are composed of fused, specialized segments.
~wikipedia[/spoil]
by no means can you scientifically prove that it has been made to stick sexes up it and therefore is wrong to do so. if that makes you happy to do so please feel free as long as you keep it to yourself.
in DLs case im sure he uses his mates ear allthough that was designed for hearing he will probably refute that hes been doing it ever since he was kicked in the head by a donkey as mentioned above!

DeletedUser10480

Why are you addressing me at all in your above paragraphs?

I don't get it. I suspect you've got some sort of gay crush on me that involves hooved mammals....not quite sure yet.

DeletedUser9470

erm, that is harsh man!
well you started by calling me a nob head!
;(

DeletedUser

i merely point out that MOST (i repeat) MOST (again for those who cant read full sentences in 1 go) MOST animals have got it right and prefer to go down the natural route.

That's what I said, but most just isn't all. We do see a small percentage of homosexual individuals and it must be natural or they wouldn't exist.

also what i say AGAIN *sigh* is:
Please dont come up with figures on how much of a species population is homosexual as that is a mere estimate and means nothing. seeing 10 bulls and 1 mating another doesnt mean that if you see 1000000000000 of them 100000000000 will be homosexual.

Nobody claimed to estimate the percentage of homosexual individuals by only a handful of examples. So, what's your point?

my answer is the anus has been designed by your body

...taking IDiocy to a new level...

by no means can you scientifically prove that it has been made to stick sexes up it and therefore is wrong to do so. if that makes you happy to do so please feel free as long as you keep it to yourself.

Nobody tries to do that. What can be proven though, is the benefit of having homosexual individuals within a population.
Besides, not all species, in which homosexuality has been observed, even have a penis or an anus or are male in first place for that matter.
You can close your eyes as long as you want, but that doesn't mean, homosexuality doesn't exist or will cease to exist. It has been the way of nature and will continue to be.

DeletedUser

If a species couldn't exist if they all did it (being homosexual), then it can't be natural.

DeletedUser

Although there are gay people who want to marry, I'd say let them marry. Let them be together for ever. the only thing though, I know this will be poked at for fun, as it can be tied to baptizers and the religious, but I say don't give gays children to convert. I believe that if they want a child, they should get a woman, then be gay later. No adopting either unless they are with a woman! I do not like seeing children with two daddies/mommies/hermaphrodites/whatever being brought into the world with such an unnatural setting; A lack of nature is destroying the universe. I support extreme gays marrying so that they do not spread their genetics.

@ Neo, gay men do not always have butt sex. In fact, many gay men need surgery to have it in a way that they would enjoy... *Bleh* but It's a fact. 'Course then again, many gay men aren't too high on testosterone... meaning .17 HMR's ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You know what happens when ppl act in homosexual activities, they get diseases like aids. Out of all the responses I don't think anyone mentioned that. So obviously it was not intended for them to be gay.

Really? You're using that argument?
AIDS is a virus that originated (I believe) in African apes' heads, whcih was carried everywhere. Therefore, the virus can be spread by any way, wheter it be homosexual or heterosexual. Also, you're probably thinking about the outbreak of AIDS in homosexual men in (again, I believe) the 50-60s, because of the fact that it began to become a community rather than a shunned group, and people let rip their sexual urges. Also, no disease (or virus, which AIDS is,) has ever become due to having sexual relations with anyone.

DeletedUser

AIDS is a virus that originated (I believe) in African apes' heads, whcih was carried everywhere. Therefore, the virus can be spread by any way, wheter it be homosexual or heterosexual. Also, you're probably thinking about the outbreak of AIDS in homosexual men in (again, I believe) the 50-60s, because of the fact that it began to become a community rather than a shunned group, and people let rip their sexual urges. Also, no disease (or virus, which AIDS is,) has ever become due to having sexual relations with anyone.
I don't think he said that AIDS originated from homosexual activities, but as you also mentioned, it was widely spread between gay men, due to the unprotected sex with random people. He believes you are more likely to get AIDS from a homosexual relationship than a straight one, but is not like that anymore. It is true that you have the same chance to get it anyway, whether you are straight or gay.

DeletedUser

I got to add since it has been said that homosexuality causes disease. I am going to add that a very close family friend of mine has pointed out that Hepatitis B is transmitted more in homosexuals then heterosexuals

this isn't from my family friend it is just something I found
http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/homosexuality/ho0075.html said:
A 1988 CDC survey identified 21 percent of all Hepatitis B cases as being homosexually transmitted while 18 percent were heterosexually transmitted. Since homosexuals comprise such a small percent of the population (only 1-3 percent), they have a significantly higher rate of infection than heterosexuals.
I must add this is only in men

yahoo also has a page on it http://health.yahoo.com/hepatitis-overview/hepatitis-b-what-increases-your-risk/healthwise--tp13762.html

Job and lifestyle risk factors for hepatitis B include:

Handling blood or body fluids as a routine part of your job. This includes health care workers, such as doctors, dentists, nurses, and blood and laboratory technicians, and students in these occupations. It also includes morticians and embalmers.
Being an employee or resident of an institution for the developmentally disabled.
Being an employee or inmate of a long-term prison.
Spending more than 6 months in parts of the world where hepatitis B is common or where a large number of people have been infected for a long time with HBV. Such areas include Southeast and Central Asia, the islands of the South Pacific, the Amazon River basin, the Middle East, Africa, Eastern Europe, and China.
Being a sexually active homosexual or bisexual man.
Living with someone who has long-term (chronic) HBV infection.
Getting body piercings and tattoos from a tattoo artist who uses poor infection-control practices.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9470

erm there are many sexually transmitted diseases.
if you dont know this by now and think that condoms are merely sanitised ballons then that is your own problem.

as for jack you can call me all the names in the world it doesnt matter to me.
weather you think i am an idiot like you say isnt a problem for me as i dont know you and as such dont care what you think of me, so keep calling me names in a childish manner for all i care.

you cannot say it is natural to be homosexual. that is my opinion and doenst make me more or less intelligent. you cannot prove that there is any kind of benefit to having homosexuals in the society.
in fact there are huge drawbacks that would outweigh any benefit you might find (im curious to hear about these benefits) like for instance givingthem the right to bring up children.
ive seen bullying in schools i have been bullied ad taken part in bullying like most kids, but some kids are profoundly hurt by such bullying and i promise you a kid with homosexual parents isnt going to start well in life and is probably going to turn out a psycho mass murderer. just the though of this happening would outway any benefit you can see. and i can come up with many drawbacks

take a look at some serious studying:
http://www.narth.com/docs/senatecommittee.html

these 2 points are very interesting:

Claim 3. The only disadvantages of homosexuality are those caused by social disapproval and discrimination.

To mistakenly support three out of four gay identified men in their identification with homosexuality is not a benign mistake. Bailey (of the twin study) recently examined the question as to whether homosexuality is associated with a higher level of psychopathology. He concluded:
  • "Homosexuality represents a deviation from normal development and is associated with other such deviations that may lead to mental illness.. [ or, another possibility]... that increased psychopathology among homosexual people is a consequence of lifestyle differences associated with sexual orientation."
He specifically cited "behavioral risk factors associated with male homosexuality such as receptive anal sex and promiscuity." He noted that it would be a shame if "sociopolitical concerns prevented researchers from conscientious consideration of any reasonable hypothesis."

The specific concern in supporting young men in a gay identification is that innumerable studies from major centers around the US and elsewhere note that a twenty-year-old man who identified himself as gay carries 30% (or greater) risk of being HIV positive or dead of AIDS by age 30. A recent Canadian study published concluded that in urban centers gay male identification is associated with a life expectancy comparable to that in Canada in the 1870's.

Claim 4. A society composed of same-sex couples raising children in family-like units will differ from a society composed of traditional family units in no undesirable ways.
There has recently been an attempt to demonstrate that raising children in a same-sex household has no ill effect. These studies are few in number, none have ever looked at those areas where difficulties would be expected and one of the most repeatedly cited researchers was excoriated by the court for her testimony when she refused to turn over her research notes to the court even at the urging of the ACLU attorneys for whom she was testifying.
What is known, from decades of research on family structure, studying literally thousands of children, is that every departure from the traditional, stable, mother-father family has severe detrimental effects upon children; and these effects persist not only into adulthood but into the next generation as well. In short, the central problem with mother-mother or father-father families is that they deliberately institute, and intend to keep in place indefinitely, a family structure known to be deficient in being obligatorily and permanently either fatherless or motherless.

im curious to see what tests and studies by homosexuals you will manage to find that contradicts wat i believe is true.

have fun searching
Peace out
:D

DeletedUser

Neo, I mean that no virus has ever BECOME, not be spread, by sexual intercourse. Two very different things.

DeletedUser9470

Neo, I mean that no virus has ever BECOME, not be spread, by sexual intercourse. Two very different things.

aa ok sorry man didnt quite catch what you meant, allthough i disagree, Aids for instance was proven to have been transmitted from monkeys, so some dirty (inapropriate) has got on to a monkey and put the human race at risk by transmitting it to other people, probably homosexuals...

LMAO

DeletedUser

You guys talking about evolution or monkeys just being carriers and spreading it through contact with humans?

DeletedUser

We're talking about how AIDS originated in monkeys and was transferred to humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.