Sexual Orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I do think people would choose that way of life. Just like people choose to get crazy tattoos that cover their body and they are looked down upon the rest of their life. I have another point of an argument that if you want to know it pm me but it would probably get me ban for posting it here. (Don't worry its not anything anti-gay)

DeletedUser

I don't have any links to the information, but you could probably do a search to find some if you're interested.

There was a study done a couple years ago that showed that the physical structure and size of the homosexuals' brains were more similar to the heterosexual brains of the opposite sex, and that the strength and number of neural connections showed the same thing. I believe there was another one done too, but didn't include lesbian women so it wasn't as good.

I don't remember a lot of what was said, but I believe it was that straight women and gay men had more symmetrical brains, but straight men and lesbian women tended to have one side (I believe it was the right) slightly larger. There was an article about it in National Academy of Sciences, but I don't remember when or what it was called.

That doesn't necessarily mean that people with that brain structure will always be gay/straight, but there was a strong correlation. That said, it is a choice to act on the feelings or not, but that doesn't change the actual sexual orientation - just the behavior. I have been told that I'm hard-wired to be left-handed, but was raised to be right-handed. There are still some things I can do better with my left hand than my right, but writing, throwing, and other things that require a lot of practice to learn are all easier for me with the right hand.

DeletedUser

Nice trolling:)

Ice hawk, homosexuality is not a choice. There is a different between arousal and attraction, which hellstromm showcased very well earlier in the topic, which is probably what you went through.
People have been killed, tortured, mocked and persecuted for being homosexual, and at the best of times they're usually looked down or despised by somebody. Do you think anybody would chose that as their way of life? Maybe some people enjoy the attention?
Plus, homosexuality is present in nature, and animals aren't driven to make choices the same as we are, or you're crediting them with too much intelligence. Are you saying the animals that demonstrate homosexuality chose to do so at the cost of not being able to reproduce, which is pretty much their main focus in the wild.

First of all you just contradicted yourself by saying people enjoy the attention but I won't focus on that. Why would someone want to kill themselves by strapping a bomb to themselves? That question was also asked when the September 11 attacks occurred. Guess what now more and more people are suicide bombers and its is an almost common thing nowadays. Stop asking questions about why people would want to be homosexual. There's are million reasons why and a million reasons against it.

That doesn't necessarily mean that people with that brain structure will always be gay/straight, but there was a strong correlation. That said, it is a choice to act on the feelings or not, but that doesn't change the actual sexual orientation - just the behavior. I have been told that I'm hard-wired to be left-handed, but was raised to be right-handed. There are still some things I can do better with my left hand than my right, but writing, throwing, and other things that require a lot of practice to learn are all easier for me with the right hand.

What do you mean by this? What are you getting at?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It means that being straight or gay is much more than just who you choose to sleep with. A person can be one or the other without ever having any kind of sexual experience at all.

DeletedUser

It means that being straight or gay is much more than just who you choose to sleep with. A person can be one or the other without ever having any kind of sexual experience at all.

Now that is just confusing. How would you suggest someone finds out they are a homosexual then?

DeletedUser

Rape and sexual abuse aside, sexual attraction usually occurs before sexual activity.

DeletedUser

John rose you can say things without being rude.
I could, but where would the fun be in that? :p

1st off that homosexuality is a choice.
Still wrong.

I believe this because it is a choice I HAVE faced. There was a time in my life were i really thought i was a homosexual and i had to choose between that and being hetero.
Just because you were sexually confused doesn't mean that homosexuality is a choice. Hellstromm has covered this in some excellent posts.

The third quote you did from me is funny. You basically restated what i said then finished with calling me ignorant.
Saying that homosexuality is a choice is indeed an ignorant position.
I don't know what exactly you were trying to say when you talked about being raped and molested and such, but I don't see how it's relevant either.

Rape and sexual abuse aside, sexual attraction usually occurs before sexual activity.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner of sorts.
Good point, but as AG points out one truly needs to try to be sure.
At least that's how I understood her. :p

DeletedUser

Not quite the same thing as shouting about being gay as in gay pride though is it?

What you are confusing is the advertising and media of the modern world or straight people, and calling it "shouting about being straight", which it isnt.

I for one, have never heard a straight person shout about their sexuality! why would they?

I did actually say, "The camp ones" I didnt say "All" so calm down dear. ;)

Are you a vegetarian by any chance?

No I love meat, why do you ask?

Nah, I didn't mean the media stuff is the straight shouting out. However we do have a bunch in Sweden that do shout out about their heterosexual orientation and how everyone else is perverted, wrong and should be killed or put in jail sort of. Not the same thing or the same ways as the homosexual camp prides do but similar.

DeletedUser

I hope you're not implying that gay people are the only ones that get aids and I also hope you're not saying that aids is because of gay people. Because both of those would be extremely ignorant claims and easily dismissed by a little research.

To me being gay is like being a white supremest. I don't like it but i accept it because freedom of expression. If your gay I don't want to be your friend or for that matter around you because for me it is uncomfortable. I don't know though ive never really meta suttle gay person though only the ones that float around like a fairy.

Thats an extreme comparison between being gay and being a white supremest and i don't really view them as being the same. But in this case it was.

Also first post.Yay.
The reason you've never met a subtle gay person is because they were subtle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.