Sector Capitols

DeletedUser

Sector Capitols

Ok, bear with me. This is a huge idea and will need lots of tweaking.

Sector Capitals will be special towns where no one who is a member can duel or be dueled. You can think of it as the Capitol of that area and the other towns are frontier towns. SC's will have more law and order therefore no dueling allowed. There will only be allowed one SC per square on the board. This will be primarily a place where builders and non-dueling adventurers can gather to enjoy the game. Even old soldiers/duelers who wish to retire from dueling can join.

You can not found or become a member of a SC unless you have x amount of hours (I'm thinking 600+) playing time in that particular world. Playing time means jobs worked, so 600 hours of doing jobs. In order to found a SC you must have $1000 and 100 energy. To become a member of a SC you must meet the play time requirements. There may also be a fee to join. That can be up for debate. SC's can hold 60 members.

SC's will have special buildings that can be constructed. Only some of the normal buildings will be there. Town Hall, Church, Bank, Residences, Hotel, Tailor and General Store. Some of the new buildings would be Blacksmith, Auction House (?), Lumber Mill, Tannery, and Crafters Cabin (for lack of a better term at the moment). There could be other buildings but those are just off the top of my head.

Blacksmith - see the thread here (the Blacksmith idea will have to be tweaked a bit to fit SC idea).
Auction House - for when/if AH's are implemented
Lumber Mill - each level of the Lumber Mill will increase the efficiency at which members can gather wood.
Tannery - each level of the Tannery will increase the efficiency at which members can hunt for any animal
Granary - each level of the Granary will increase the efficiencey at which members can harvest corn, wheat, etc.
Crafter's Cabin - each level of the Crafter's Cabin will allow members to combine products in order to make new products for sale in the AH, to use, or to sell to one of the SC stores. If there is no AH then the items could be sold through the Crafter's Cabin as if it were a store.

The idea is to give workers who have built town after town a place to go where they can finally be free of being dueled. They can concentrate on building up the SC and crafting items and making money. In essence, a commerce area would be born.

To ensure that SC's won't become a place where fighters jump in and out of to avoid retaliation for dueling there will have to be strict rejoining limits in place.

If you leave the SC, join another town and initiate a duel you can not rejoin the SC for a month. This should stop fighters from using the SC as a place to pop in and out of so they can hit people without being retaliated against. Another option is that if you leave the SC you can not rejoin until another minimum number of job hours are worked.

Member advantages:

Other than the extra buildings and abilities that come with them members will receive a discount on all store items of 25% off regular price. Foreign prices would be only 25% more than regular price. All of the 25% from foreign sales will go straight to the SC treasury.

Disadvantages:

Building costs will be more expensive. Instead of $240 for every 2 hours it will cost $360.

Edit: Additional buildings suggested are masons lodge-for Mining granite,silver etc
Trade goods store- Trading,trading with indians etc

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11353

well i can see that you put a lot of thinking in this one and all i can say is that i like it.it sounds great that builders and non dueling characters will finally have some kind of utopia.and that about leaving a town for a duel and then not joining for a month sounds great. i just don`t understand this part
You can not found or become a member of a SC unless you have x amount of hours (I'm thinking 200+) playing time in that particular world.

200+ hours. does that count as 24 hours every day or there is some different math for that

DeletedUser

It's actual play time. You have to have a minimum of 200 hours on working other jobs on that world before you can join a Sector Capitol. This means SC's won't be around for a little while at the beginning of a new server. Can't have everyone running to not be dueled right away. Fighters have to make money too. So if you play 2 hours a day it will take you 100 days. If you play 5 hours a day it will take you 40 days. The actual hours are up for debate. I'd actually like it to be higher than that. It will be a way to reward those that don't wish to duel but that have stuck through and put the time and effort into the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11353

well that`s more like it, should hink of that..stupid me..well now i can say final answer:I like it very much.nice job denisero

DeletedUser

It's actual play time. You have to have a minimum of 200 hours on working other jobs on that world before you can join a Sector Capitol. This means SC's won't be around for a little while at the beginning of a new server. Can't have everyone running to not be dueled right away. Fighters have to make money too. So if you play 2 hours a day it will take you 100 days. If you play 5 hours a day it will take you 40 days. The actual hours are up for debate. I'd actually like it to be higher than that. It will be a way to reward those that don't wish to duel but that have stuck through and put the time and effort into the game.

thhe problem is people could just stay logged in and afk

DeletedUser

I said 200 hours working jobs. That means you have to do at least 100 jobs for 2 hours. It isn't about just being logged in. It's about actually doing stuff in the game.

It's actual play time. You have to have a minimum of 200 hours on working other jobs on that world before you can join a Sector Capitol.

DeletedUser

I said 200 hours working jobs. That means you have to do at least 100 jobs for 2 hours. It isn't about just being logged in. It's about actually doing stuff in the game.

Good definition of game hours. Game hours was in another idea, and no one was sure what it meant!

DeletedUser

ahh i see. it still seems short to me though.thats 3 and a half weeks asuming 4 jobs a day. 400 or 600 hours would be better.

DeletedUser

Yeah probably Lorgos. Wouldn't want any of these popping up for at least 2 months. Maybe it could even be a blanket time period the devs put in. Sector Capitol locations won't show up on the map til 10 weeks into the world or something.

DeletedUser

anoher idea may be to have the aloted amount of hours on a single job cause very few people would make a b-line on a single job with the motivation factor thus extending the time it would take

DeletedUser

Interesting thought. Good, you are thinking about it too. It is a huge idea. I need to think about how the new buildings will exactly work as well. Feel free to post any thoughts you have on those as well.

DeletedUser

i just reread and i knoticed that you have some buildings theat enhance certian jobs . i thought of 2 more types for this

masons lodge-for Mining granite,silver etc
Trade goods store- Trading,trading with indians etc
perhaps you could give the church added functionality for the evangizing job too?

DeletedUser

One random side note:
"Sectors" and "squares" are actually called "counties."

Interesting idea. Shall we wait for the forts to see what is there before this is debated how exactly it will work?

DeletedUser

I think it's wicked put's a whole new sort of spin to the game great :) it would also be harder to duel builders brill :)

DeletedUser

Good point on the counties. I guess these could be called County Seats then. Hey, it was an idea I threw together in about 15 minutes. :D

I think we can talk about things we'd like to see in a town such as this and its limitations. We'll see how much forts changes things. I have a feeling for the majority of towns that forts won't change anything.

DeletedUser

i dont know man . ya call em county seats you may end up getting a rasom studdard in there

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
You can not found or become a member of a SC unless you have x amount of hours (I'm thinking 200+) playing time in that particular world. In order to found a SC you must have $1000 and 100 energy. To become a member of a SC you must meet the play time requirements. There may also be a fee to join. That can be up for debate. SC's can hold 60 members.

I think this needs to be worked out, first of all 200 hours isn't a lot, how about 500?

Secondly, if there's any amusing benefits from founding one of these capitols then they will be founded by low level players who have made their $1000 and have worked on the closest job to a town for the required hours. For the lulz :laugh:

DeletedUser

Yeah Nashy. I said the hours were up for debate and even suggested the devs implement a minimum of 10 weeks before anyone can found one of these towns. Plus they'd have to have a minimum of hours working within the game to found one.

I don't understand what you mean by 'worked on closest job to a town'.

DeletedUser

Maybe instead of founding the town, it's something that can be done once a town has been completed; it can be upgraded to a County Capitol. There would have to be some restrictions though, otherwise most towns in a county will have Capitol status.

Perhaps the town can have a fort or have capitol status, but never both?

DeletedUser

I think that is too complicated. Forts can change hands so you can't use that as a requisite for having a capitol. We don't want every town becoming a capitol either. I think one per county is enough.