Blacksmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Good idea,..Needs some more sharpening ..like-
The requirements should be increased...
Other than the rewards you told,..there should be something else too!..like exp, items ,etc..
He can be available in the saloon..He will offer quest like others,..but mainly about horses and related items.

DeletedUser

No, it would be a new building. Would have to be built in town. A blacksmith has to have his own blacksmith shop. Not safe to have it in the saloon. :nowink:

DeletedUser

Would this be available to town members only or would it just be a higher fee for outsiders? If the latter, would the town receive a percentage like with the shops?

DeletedUser

I hadn't thought it out that far yet Bella. I was initially thinking just for town members. I suppose it could be for foreigners as well. If it worked like the shops in that way then foreigners couldn't use the Blacksmith to upgrade weapons as those are in the last 2 levels of that building. Also, if foreigners were allowed to use the services then the cost would be as the other shops, 4x the price and a percentage to the treasury.

Edit: Also to clarify something. Just because I said Melee would have to get certain products and Ranged different products, it does not mean a Ranged player can't choose the Melee products to get. There are some strange builds out there. The player will choose which products they will retrieve for the Blacksmith. I just divided it that way based on the skills needed for the jobs in order to get those particular products.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Denisero will there be any Experience given for upgrading ?

DeletedUser

Denisero will there be any Experience given for upgrading ?

No. You get the products the blacksmith requests, you pay the fee and you get the upgrades. These are not normal quests. The blacksmith requires certain things in order to perform a job for you. So no xp or cash awarded for using the blacksmith.

DeletedUser

Q-this upgrading will be a instant work like buying or will take time like sleeping or Working on a job ??(sorry for double posting)

DeletedUser

OK, well I think I'm in favour of this idea. I especially like that outsiders couldn't access the upgrade weapons option so the services of your own town's blacksmith couldn't be used against you.

DeletedUser

Q-this upgrading will be a instant work like buying or will take time like sleeping or Working on a job ??(sorry for double posting)

It would be instant. Here is how it would work BK.

You go to the blacksmith because you want to make your Pony go 10% faster. You click on the Blacksmith and he will ask you if you are there to have your horse fitted or for weapon upgrades. You choose the horse fitting 10% faster option. At this point you will get a quest like screen. The blacksmith will say something like "Bring me 4 horseshoes and $50" and the reward would be your Pony gets 10% faster speed tacked on to its current speed. You go out and do Shoeing Horses until you have 4 horseshoes and make sure you have $50. You go back to the blacksmith, open up the quest like window again and click 'Complete Transaction" or something like that. Your Pony will now have a speed of 60% rather than 50%. The horseshoes and $50 is deducted from your inventory and bank account.

DeletedUser

^ you should add this in the first post to avoid further same questions

DeletedUser5046

any limitations on percentages of items? how about those special items with additional skill points?

DeletedUser

I like the idea but you can't expect upgrading of firearm weapons on a blacksmith. One possible scenario is that the blacksmith is where you buy and upgrade melee weapons and you buy and upgrade firearms in the gunsmith.

DeletedUser

Just like age of empires..... well a little bit like it then.

I like this idea Denis :) ero, well done pat on the back for a good thread, they are hard to find these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.