Sector Capitols

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Yeah Nashy. I said the hours were up for debate and even suggested the devs implement a minimum of 10 weeks before anyone can found one of these towns. Plus they'd have to have a minimum of hours working within the game to found one.

I don't understand what you mean by 'worked on closest job to a town'.

You get your $1000 then there's two things determining who founds the capitol first; the hotel and the distance between the job and the town.

DeletedUser

It is probably simipler to just say players must be level 15 to join (change the number if you want).

The problems I see are:-
If only 60 people can join a lot of people will never be able to get into a capitol.
Who controls the capitol, you are giving a lot of power to whoever the first player is to get there
the special buildings for jobs need to be broarder and less powerful
Except for duelers where are the disadvantages

Purhaps have that any town which meets certain conditions (a number of build points 30000? 40 residents and a min average level of resident (like 20) can become a city. (With an expensive upgrade to one of the buildings)

The trouble is working out how to aviod ghost cities but purhaps it goes back to a town it the pop drops bellow 25.

DeletedUser

Only 60 people can join the town because that makes 2400 in the world that can't be dueled and can't duel. I think that is enough. Soldiers and duelers still have to be able to find targets. Being in a capitol city is a privilege to be earned by those who put lots of time and effort into the game. I still think a minimum number of hours playing the game (as in working jobs) should be the requirement to join a capitol. It would be unfair to the long term players to be denied a spot in a capitol because someone that started playing 2 weeks before met a level requirement and was able to join. The number of minimum hours is up for debate. I just used 200 as an example. In reality it should probably be 600 or more.

• There really isn't anything to control or much power given to the founder. It is a commerce center. They can't wage war as no members can attack anyone. Everyone in the capitol will have to work together to build it up. The capitol will have no power over any other towns in the area other than who they allow in as a member.
  • I don't know how you make something broader yet less powerful. We haven't even discussed exactly how the special buildings will work yet. I would like suggestions on exactly how the buildings will work and be beneficial. Then we can start tweaking them.
  • The disadvantages are that you can not engage in warfare/dueling. You can not take part in forts. Once a member of a capitol you are severely penalized should you ever leave and may not be able to get back in. Building costs will be higher in a capitol. Instead of $240 for 2 hours of building it will cost $360.

We can not make it so that any town can become a capitol. That will just make it so that no fighter classes will have anyone to duel. Everyone will rush to become a capitol and you'll have only fighters in non-finished towns trying to duel each other. That will be a fast way to kill the game completely.

I highly doubt that capitols will become ghost towns. They will be a haven for those that are not interested in dueling and would rather concentrate on questing and making money and xp.

People that will flock to the capitol will be:
Builders tired of being dueled and tired of moving from town to town building
Adventurers who are not interested in dueling and would rather quest and make money
Soldiers/Duelers who decide to retire from dueling in order to quest and make money

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i stand behind my suggesttion to have worked X hours on a single job

DeletedUser

Couldn't these be high-jacked by one town in order to solely benefit that town, what stops this?

DeletedUser

Couldn't these be high-jacked by one town in order to solely benefit that town, what stops this?

Well for one each member of the capitol will have had to have 600 hours of working a job in. I doubt one town will have that many players with that many hours at the get-go. Construction costs more so it only benefits to get as many people as possible as quickly as possible into the capitol. I'm not sure how a town could hijack a capitol and what it's advantage would be even if they did. None of their duelers/soldiers could join if they wished to continue dueling. There is no transfer of money between towns and should one player join a capitol because they think they will make tons of money and then take it back to their home town they will find they can't get back into the capitol for a month. Not to mention their town is most likely completed if that person has 600 job hours into the game.

But please, I know you have concerns. If you could give me specific examples of how you think this can be abused then I would like to hear them. It's always good to have more people thinking about one idea in different ways.

DeletedUser

Well for one each member of the capitol will have had to have 600 hours of working a job in. I doubt one town will have that many players with that many hours at the get-go. Construction costs more so it only benefits to get as many people as possible as quickly as possible into the capitol. I'm not sure how a town could hijack a capitol and what it's advantage would be even if they did. None of their duelers/soldiers could join if they wished to continue dueling. There is no transfer of money between towns and should one player join a capitol because they think they will make tons of money and then take it back to their home town they will find they can't get back into the capitol for a month. Not to mention their town is most likely completed if that person has 600 job hours into the game.

But please, I know you have concerns. If you could give me specific examples of how you think this can be abused then I would like to hear them. It's always good to have more people thinking about one idea in different ways.

I'm sorry if I missed this, but it sounds as if capitols won't be run exactly like towns, in that there will be no invitation system.

If so that almost entirely stops a towns ability from taking hold of a capitol to benefit only their town(members).

Will duels count as work hours?

DeletedUser

This looks like an interesting idea, however I do think it gives far too many advantages. It might be quite the race to build it rather than being the elite few. Lots of people initially will go to the furthest sector to establish the SC town.

DeletedUser

Oh but Gem there can only be one in each county. Not only that but every member has to have at least 600 hours of working on jobs before they can found or become a member of a capitol. So there won't be capitols all over the place and only the players that have put much time and effort into the game will be able to reap the benefit of capitols. It would be a reward for those that have stuck with the game so long and put up with being dueled. Sometimes even old soldiers wish to retire from dueling. It will only be 2400 people max in each world that can join one of these towns. That leaves plenty of players left for fighters to fight.

The problem is people leave the game because they are tired of being dueled. Yes, they can be townless in order to protect themselves but then that denies them the experience of belonging to a community. In addition, builders who are left with nothing to build and not interested in dueling become bored very fast. I think if not this suggestion, then we need something in this game where players at high levels with lots of hours put into their character can feel rewarded and put their time and efforts in another direction.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i was thinking about it and thus far i see no checks in place for someone to just go there craft thier uber items and leave again

DeletedUser

Sure they can leave. They can't become a member again for a month though. Plus while they are a member they will be expected to donate for construction costs. It won't be a free ride by any means.

DeletedUser

This sounds like a very good idea.

What if there were less than one per county? What if (this is just a random idea) there would be 1 capitol in each world in the center with ~250 people max. The normal 600 hour rules would apply, but you don't need an invite. Once the town is full, if your level is larger than the half way point between the highest leveled person of the town and the average level, you can join, and you kick out the worst player in the town that is not founder/counselor.

DeletedUser

Sure they can leave. They can't become a member again for a month though. Plus while they are a member they will be expected to donate for construction costs. It won't be a free ride by any means.

Perhaps they can't rejoin until they've worked another 600 hours? In other words, when you join the sector capitol, the work counter is set to 0, and doesn't start building up again until you leave the sector capitol.

DeletedUser

Perhaps they can't rejoin until they've worked another 600 hours? In other words, when you join the sector capitol, the work counter is set to 0, and doesn't start building up again until you leave the sector capitol.

Oh that is a good idea. Having another minimum job hours worked requirement. Added that to the original post as an option. Nice one.

DeletedUser

What about in the place of the Mortician there would be an auction house, the only one in the world?

(Auction House Usable by non-members)

DeletedUser

Don't need a mortician since no members can duel or be dueled. Was thinking if they implemented Auction Houses there would then be 1 in each county (which is all you need) and non-members can use it as well.

Thanks Bartbot