[SaltineJesus] What the hell is a Quaker?

DeletedUser

I am a Quaker, I have moved west of the Mississippi to help bring the Light of God and reason to the souls who are trying to scrape out a living here. That seems to be covered by what you said.

If you don't want to enter a debate, that's fine, but there is no need to make up lies about who I am or what I have done for sake of avoiding a debate. I don't hold it against you, friend, but if I am that wrong on something for my own benefit I'd like to know.

Wouldn't it be a greater sin for me to continue to wander in my ignorance if you had that chance to help me?

And the only significant difference of "opinions" I've seen so far is that I believe there is a foundation for morals and they ought to be respected, some take a view that doesn't posit its existence.

Edit:
At the risk of this spiralling out of control again, perhaps, Mad John, it would be best if you and I agreed to disagree. It's regretable to me that I have been unable to explain things in a way that does not heat your blood. The other good folks of these parts can decide for themselves to what level they wish to enter in these debates about our windy plains.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think you are enjoying this.:D;)

SaltineJesus's RPing isn't the best I've ever seen, but at least he is playing in character most of the time, which is what we are all supposed to be doing.

The fervor over his sermons, says a lot more about those getting pissed, than it does about SaltineJesus. If you feel your mythical god is threatened by a internet poster, maybe you should re-examine your faith, and stop believing in fairly tales.

th_havetouched.jpg

DeletedUser

Yes, you are right. Internet is not the place to question about your god.

DeletedUser

I am a Quaker, I have moved west of the Mississippi to help bring the Light of God and reason to the souls who are trying to scrape out a living here. That seems to be covered by what you said.

If you don't want to enter a debate, that's fine, but there is no need to make up lies about who I am or what I have done for sake of avoiding a debate. I don't hold it against you, friend, but if I am that wrong on something for my own benefit I'd like to know.

Wouldn't it be a greater sin for me to continue to wander in my ignorance if you had that chance to help me?

And the only significant difference of "opinions" I've seen so far is that I believe there is a foundation for morals and they ought to be respected, some take a view that doesn't posit its existence.

Edit:
At the risk of this spiralling out of control again, perhaps, Mad John, it would be best if you and I agreed to disagree. It's regretable to me that I have been unable to explain things in a way that does not heat your blood. The other good folks of these parts can decide for themselves to what level they wish to enter in these debates about our windy plains.

You don't understand reason, my friend, that is the problem. While it makes no difference to me as an educated man, it is also my responsibility to cease the pollution of this young country of your backward, idiotic ideas.

It was only when the church gave way could reasoning progreess, ain't you heard of the Enlightenment? You'll understand a bullet in your butt.

DeletedUser

I have said from the beginning that reason is a core tenant in my understanding of the universe.

DeletedUser

I have said from the beginning that reason is a core tenant in my understanding of the universe.

Yup, well there are others with better reasoning who understand more of the universe, without the need for no gods.

DeletedUser

Of this I have no doubt, and that is why I have asked you to share with me that I might grow in my understanding. Surely your reason would dictate that to grow stronger as a community is preferable to being alone in your wisdom?

DeletedUser

Well, I'd gladly relieve anyone of any ignorance they may be suffering from, but at the moment my good woman has gone further West. Says she won't marry a man who's not a Christian. So you can see my problem, I have other priorities. Her going off like that has distracted me enough from my work without chewing the fat with one of those who cause my problem in the first place.

DeletedUser

Haha! I may strive to understand the great mysteries of creation, but women are an enigma that will elude me always!

Well, I am always appreciative of someone with patience enough to show me my errors. When you get the time to do so I would love to have a sit with ye. Until then I suppose my radical ways will have to remain as they are!

Bless ye, friend, and good luck to ye!

DeletedUser

SaltineJesus's RPing isn't the best I've ever seen, but at least he is playing in character most of the time, which is what we are all supposed to be doing.

The fervor over his sermons, says a lot more about those getting pissed, than it does about SaltineJesus. If you feel your mythical god is threatened by a internet poster, maybe you should re-examine your faith, and stop believing in fairly tales.

Yeah, its not the best, but it is still fun to watch. I can't stay away, scared I might miss a good sermon, lol:D

Hightower, can we keep him? pwease? :)

lol, everyone can't have SJ, now. ;)

I want him in my town as the vicar

Who wouldn't? But he's not a priest, he is just a Friend. :D

Last edited by a moderator: