[SaltineJesus] What the hell is a Quaker?

DeletedUser

LOL. god this is really getting dragged out isn't it.

The "debate" topic. Best thread in these here forums. Not for minors, the easily offended, or pregnant women. Contact your doctor if strange side-effects occur after use, such as bleeding from the eye-sockets or losing your voice from screaming. Stop taking if you experience headaches and blackouts from lack of sleep. Does not include AA batteries. ;)

DeletedUser

LOL...good thing i'm legally of age, not easily offended and my youngest son is 3 weeks old...other side effects the other 2 kids give me on a regular basis so i'm immune and i have a better use for the AA batteries =]
having said that, this was probably one of the better topics i've read in a forum lol...yes, my sense of humour is a little warped

DeletedUser

Warped? My good friend, this is the Internet of which you speak!

To truly be thought of as even a little warped, you must be a full-time contender of the worst parts of the web, starting with the -chans!

DeletedUser

....you've never met my 12 yr old son LOL...
thinking of shipping him off to spend time with SJ...seriously

DeletedUser

You're sending your twelve year old son to a priest over the Internet?

My God, this man is obviously right in the head! :eek:

DeletedUser

....you've never met my 12 yr old son LOL...
thinking of shipping him off to spend time with SJ...seriously

mmm, id have to say = BAD IDEA

1) priests sleep with little boys (read news)

2) You dont know SJ in real life :eek:

DeletedUser

lmao...way i see it he MIGHT come back with SOME morals...
don't misunderstand me here...while i don't agree with everything he says, some does make sense.
while i myself don't follow a particular faith i elected to send my son to a christian school, mainly due to the fact they offer a better education than the state schools, but also because i thought it was important for him to get a grasp on religion at an early age so he can make an informed decision on what he wants to do as an adult in regards to following a faith. my only issue i have with the school is their rather lax attitude to discipline. i am also fortunate that none of the teachers at my son's school are priests and each teacher has had to undergo a full police background check so i don't have to fear what, regrettably, happens in other christian schools.
as for shipping him off to a complete stranger...there was a note of sarcasm that unfortunately gets lost in type...i'm not completely insane....yet

DeletedUser

We knew you were being sarcastic; we were just being sarcastic ourselves. :D

Lax discipline may be a good thing when dealing with religion. If you're too hard, he may disregard the word of God, or become incredibly hard himself.

DeletedUser

We knew you were being sarcastic; we were just being sarcastic ourselves. :D

Lax discipline may be a good thing when dealing with religion. If you're too hard, he may disregard the word of God, or become incredibly hard himself.

....:)....

Also, cool flag BlackJack...

DeletedUser

yes and no.
sometimes i wish kids were born with instruction manuals lol. some require a lot of discipline or else they walk all over you and have a complete lack of respect. others require next to no discipline and make parenting easy.
i have been blessed (?) with both types and there is a fine line between the right amount of discipline, too much or too little.
there is also the issue of whether a person, be they child or adult, has the ability to show remorse for an action. some are only capable of self remorse when they get caught out.

DeletedUser

It was a long trek , but I staggered through the whole thing , at least what was left of it .SJ , You sure You're a quaker ? Some of Your comments sound awful shaker-ish . I knew some Quakers back east , near Guilford court house in North Caroline . They's decent folk . Back in the War of Independence they wouldn't take sides . Those that did was kicked out of their meetings . Any how , they'd always be rushing out on the battle fields to help the wounded , Hell , sometimes they would even wait for the shooting to stop . But for all that , I just can't say as I can fully trust a man as wont do something beside say " now friend I wish You would do that ." as some varmint is robbing his family out of their winter provisions .

DeletedUser

I remember the Flying Spaghetti Monster from another forum i visit.

I wrote an essay on it once, much to the displeasure of my Religion Teacher :p

mmm, id have to say = BAD IDEA

2) You dont know SJ in real life :eek:

I've already been through this with him... the 'friendly priest' thing I mean ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Who wouldn't? But he's not a priest, he is just a Friend. :D

Bless ye, friend. It does me good to know someone has actually heard my words.

Saffyre, you got a good head on your shoulders and a warm heart. I'm sure you've raised some amazing young minds. :)

With my current nomadic lifestyle being what it is, I could offer precious little attention to the child and so would, it is true, be a poor guardian for his physical and spiritual well-being.

Oakley, I must say that I at times wonder about that myself. I have not been as blessed with the same stability in faith as others and so at times find myself wandering to varying degrees towards the fringes.

However, the Shakers emphasize a few points which I have never been able to accept:
  • Celibacy
  • Segregation based upon gender
  • Revelations and visions
There have also been instances of speaking in tongues and my limited mind simply cannot accept that as a manifestation of the Lord.

Their work ethic and honesty, however, are something that we could all aspire to.

As to this comment (and all those who have expressed the same), please keep in mind that precisely the same argument has been used to keep our brothers and sisters of color in chains and without equal representation, to keep our women in a position of subservience to our men, and to justify the genocide of the original noble dwellers of these lands.

To say that all priests partake in these disgusting acts is to acknowledge a solid foundation for justifications of racism, slavery, sexism, and mass murder.

Please be conscious of this as you form and express your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

all i can say is i'm not even old enoough to have kids (16) and i think a dog is demanding enough as it is! and what do kids have to do with saltinejesus? he's just a guy who enjoys talking in a nice and religous sounding way, which i find different and refreshing from all the people who can't even write properly...

DeletedUser

I wrote an essay on it once, much to the displeasure of my Religion Teacher :p

Excellent! That reminds me of the time I wrote an essay for sociology on why sociology was a pawn to the welathy and powerful and harmful to society, and I got the grade I needed!

I'd LOVE to go back to school and attend religious education. They wouldn't know what hit 'em!