Religion According to Me - Also Called the Holy Babble!

DeletedUser

Virginia, you're pickin' the wrong fight. Argue about religion, politics, etc. Don't try to show these goofs how to be polite. rotflol

As Virginia was the person who was being impolite and having that pointed out to her, I think you have your V's confused.

DeletedUser

Okay, time to get this thread back on track. If you want to insult Oisinallen, go to the thread with his name in the title! I get tired of trying to debate with someone whose response to "I believe the sky is blue" is typically, "no it's not because you're a poopyhead!" (my son's arguments when they were little). For that reason, I've decided to switch sides and show evidence that God does exist and the Bible is true...

If you look at ancient hieroglyphics, the people are often shown worshipping similar looking beings. These "gods" look very similar to astronauts in their helmets. Obviously God is an alien, and only those who believe in UFOs and life on other planets will be saved!

When these people came to Earth, some of them mated with primates here, and early man was the result.

Sorry, it's too early for me to type clearly, so I'll let you tear into this before adding more. Have fun.

DeletedUser

[victory for Oisin!]

Oh, you mean like Daffyd and Maryland?
You consider Maryland an offensive term? No, that's not racist at all!

And Daffyd is an actual Welsh name. You find the Welsh language offensive? No, that's not racist at all!

[/victory for Oisin!]

DeletedUser

Well, I thought victory would have been won by reminding Maryland that "Daffyd" and "Maryland" came about in response to you asking him repeatedly to stop misspelling your name.

But yours works too. :)

DeletedUser

If you look at ancient hieroglyphics, the people are often shown worshipping similar looking beings. These "gods" look very similar to astronauts in their helmets. Obviously God is an alien, and only those who believe in UFOs and life on other planets will be saved!

When these people came to Earth, some of them mated with primates here, and early man was the result.

Sorry, it's too early for me to type clearly, so I'll let you tear into this before adding more. Have fun.

Everything that you just said is wrong because you're a poopyhead.

DeletedUser

You consider Maryland an offensive term? No, that's not racist at all!

And Daffyd is an actual Welsh name. You find the Welsh language offensive? No, that's not racist at all!

I only give nicknames to the people I like. So fine....Oisin.

DeletedUser

Artemis, you have no idea you are more right about the bible than most Christians, what you said about gehenna sheol and hell is exactly what i believe.

In Ecclesiastes it says that the dead are conscious of nothing at.

and in Ezekiel, it says the soul that is sinning, it itself will die.

so you are more right than you know, however some of your thoughts aren't totally accurate, you've got a good understanding.

My good man, you've been lied to. Science does not support the idea that there is no god. Logic even more so! Logic tells you that there has to be a god.

and to think i thought everyone in this game were blind-sighted atheists. Im so glad you can see that logic shows that there must be a God :razz:

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God. The argument goes like this : "I refuse to prove that I exist", says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But", says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? it could not have evolved by chance. it proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear", says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

So far everyone ive talked to in this game has either misunderstood, or been told by someone who misunderstands what faith is.

Faith by definition is- The belief in the evident demonstration of things not beheld.

Example, you don't see atoms, but you know they're there. evident demonstration of that is seen by the energy matter has. This shows that you never believe in something that there isn't evident demonstration of.

(I tried to use the "you don't see the wind but you know its there" example, but everyone that has responded to that one has mis- understood my point behind it.)

But don't confuse faith with blind-faith. the kind that when you ask the preacher how did god create the earth the preacher says, "you just got to have faith" that is the most bull crap ive ever heard.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

(in response to first poste)
Now, you have three types of Christians. Those who are zealots and study their religion (Blondie), those who look at religion with a critical and open eye, and those who claim to be religious but really don't study it.

Type I and II are people who are open to theological discussion. While Type I tends to be over-religious, Type II will study ALL world religions, and science, and compare them. I have a Scoutmaster who is also a preacher, and we have theological discussions: unlike most Christians, he has actually looked at Judaism and Islam and rather than dismissing it all as not real, studies it and compares it to Christianity.

Type III people are idiots, and, alas, probably make up the majority of the Christian population. One example is my peers: I live in the Southeast US, where Christianity is very common. I've had debates, with kids who go to church (I don't), about these ideas:
1. Is Christmas about Santa or Jesus? (the Church Kids were arguing in favor of Santa)
2. Do Jews believe in a god? (they just DON'T UNDERSTAND that "god" and "God" are different things)
3. Are God and Jesus one in the same? (they said yes)

One other example is Adam and Eve. I asked my science teacher a question regarding genetics and primordial soup and, this being the South, she was rather disturbed by the question because she had to tread lightly (not offend creationists and supports of primordial soup). As such, she explained that whether humans originated from a comet and water or two beings crafted by God mutations occurred, giving us our alleles.

Now, here's the main fault with that:
If somebody really reads the Bible, actually pays attention to it, they will notice that Adam and Eve's offspring married off to others, and that Cain wandered around the world, spreading the shame of his brother's murder to the other communities. Anybody who reads the Bible would therefore realize that, just because Adam and Eve are the first humans MENTIONED in the Bible, they are NOT the first.
-------------
So, there are masses of ignorant people out there who claim to be Christians, but none of them are true Christians. A true Christian would understand the Bible, and the best Christians would look outwards as well.

DeletedUser

There are all types of faith in the world every day that we all experience.

We have faith that where we get our food takes all the precautions not to have them spoil on their shelf and get us sick.
we have faith that as we drive in traffic the person behind us has good working brakes on their vehicle and wont crash into us.

As Christians , the faith is that as we go through our lives we gain more understanding of the Bible and what it contains.
From the time we are born until the moment out lungs let out its final breath , we have our "faithful" belief or opinion of what will transpire at that exact moment and afterwards.
Christians , Atheist , or whatever you believe.

DeletedUser

Now, here's the main fault with that:
If somebody really reads the Bible, actually pays attention to it, they will notice that Adam and Eve's offspring married off to others, and that Cain wandered around the world, spreading the shame of his brother's murder to the other communities. Anybody who reads the Bible would therefore realize that, just because Adam and Eve are the first humans MENTIONED in the Bible, they are NOT the first.

They are the first mention by name, not the first created humans.

DeletedUser

Okay, this is where i become irritated at lack of both understanding and reasoning.

first, thomas, im type 2, i have studied and know enough of almost evey religion out there. but then there is also this, you don't have to study every religion to find out which ones are false which one is true. You just have to find the true religion and your search is over.

example: when people are being trained to work at a bank, they don't teach them thousands of ways people can counterfiet. all the different tichniques people use, instead they teach them what real money is like, teach what it feels, looks, and sometimes smells like. so when a banker goes through a stack of money, they can just take out anything that's counterfeit just by knowing that it simply isn't the real thing.

2nd Jesus and God ARE NOT the same person or being. the Bible makes it clear that that is not the case. john 3:16, a VERY well known scripture: "For God loved the world so much that he gave HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, so that everyone exercising faith in him, might not be destroyed but have everlasting life."

and 3rd Adam and Eve weren't the first humans MENTIONED in the Bible. the Bible tells us that God formed The first man out of the dust and blew into his nostrils the breathe of life and he came to be a living soul. And he was named, Adam. And Eve it showed was made as the first woman because adam noticed that all other animals had a companion, or complement for them. So God creaated a woman out of one of Adam's ribs. There fore she must have been the first woman, as he was the first man.

and Cain got his wife from one of his siblings. But if you consider that as illogical, think of this. If you believe in God and the Bible, then you believe that humans were once perfect until they sinned, and Adam and eve and their children were closer to perfection than were are, that was why their children lived to be 900+ years old. therefore of Cain took one of his sisters as a wife, their closeness to perfection would keep the child from being deformed like would be the case in our generation.

DeletedUser

Oh. I am sorry if I offended you (bows in apology).

Second:
You misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying that I had an argument with a Christian who goes to Church because THEY claimed Jesus and God were the same. I argued on the contrary.

Third:
He blew into his nostrils?
Well, thank you for that correction. I really do need to finish reading that dusty old tome. One problem, though: supposing Adam and Eve were the first (I'll trust your word better than my own), it does mention other, non-related humans and thus not all human life stemmed from those two, even on the principles of creationism.

Ahhh..... so that is why we are all not inbreds (according to the Bible. I prefer evolutionism)

DeletedUser16628

Growing up roman catholic still am not practicing I prefer to worship the sun a god I can see and feel and does not ask me for money every sunday.AG very good job telling it as you see it and I agree with 99% of what you said keep up the good work whens church?

DeletedUser

2nd Jesus and God ARE NOT the same person or being. the Bible makes it clear that that is not the case. john 3:16, a VERY well known scripture: "For God loved the world so much that he gave HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, so that everyone exercising faith in him, might not be destroyed but have everlasting life."

Christ is the word made Flesh. (John 1:14)KJV

and 3rd Adam and Eve weren't the first humans MENTIONED in the Bible. the Bible tells us that God formed The first man out of the dust and blew into his nostrils the breathe of life and he came to be a living soul. And he was named, Adam. And Eve it showed was made as the first woman because adam noticed that all other animals had a companion, or complement for them. So God creaated a woman out of one of Adam's ribs. There fore she must have been the first woman, as he was the first man.

They were not the first humans that were created. There is a creation of man on the 6th day(Gen 1:27-28). Adam and Eve were not created on the 6th day. They were created after God rested on the 7th day(Gen 2:7). Adam and Eve were created for the purpose of a bloodline for Christ to be born.You can refer to their creation as 8th day if it suits you. These 2 events are not listed in the opposite order either.

and Cain got his wife from one of his siblings. But if you consider that as illogical, think of this. If you believe in God and the Bible, then you believe that humans were once perfect until they sinned, and Adam and eve and their children were closer to perfection than were are, that was why their children lived to be 900+ years old. therefore of Cain took one of his sisters as a wife, their closeness to perfection would keep the child from being deformed like would be the case in our generation.

Cain did not get his wife from his siblings, you have no proof of that in the Bible. He took his wife from the land of Nod. (Gen 4:16)Which was where he went when he was cast out of the garden. His wife was not a daughter of Adam , she came from the 6th day creation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

and to think i thought everyone in this game were blind-sighted atheists. Im so glad you can see that logic shows that there must be a God :razz:
I'd love to see the logic that dictates there must be a "God".

first, thomas, im type 2, i have studied and know enough of almost evey religion out there. but then there is also this, you don't have to study every religion to find out which ones are false which one is true. You just have to find the true religion and your search is over.(...)
The fool thinks he knows, whilst the wise man knows that this is not so.
So do the keepers of the true religion train you how to spot the false ones?
Ah, yes, the sweet sweet work of indoctrination perhaps?

The bible is full of contradictions.
Also; polytheism much?

(...)and Cain got his wife from one of his siblings. But if you consider that as illogical, think of this. If you believe in God and the Bible, then you believe that humans were once perfect until they sinned, and Adam and eve and their children were closer to perfection than were are, that was why their children lived to be 900+ years old. therefore of Cain took one of his sisters as a wife, their closeness to perfection would keep the child from being deformed like would be the case in our generation.
Circular reasoning. You are doing it.
Out of curiosity, which ass did you pull those life-span numbers from?

You misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying that I had an argument with a Christian who goes to Church because THEY claimed Jesus and God were the same. I argued on the contrary.
Ah, lovely. We agree that christians are polytheists then.

Ahhh..... so that is why we are all not inbreds (according to the Bible. I prefer evolutionism)
There is no such thing as evolutionism.
Evolution is not a faith, it is fact.