Rank these towns/alliances in your opinion

DeletedUser

Soldiers have an advantage when it comes to duels, no questioning that. Other classes are at a disadvantage in my mind, not so much exp as duelers themselves get more but as far as winning the duel itself.

As far as high exp jobs and being a dueler. I can do a majority of the best exp jobs there are, and still have 95% of my stats allocated to duel stats.

DeletedUser

There are too many factors to consider when evaluating who the best duelers are. You can't just look at the duel ranks because they are not a measure of who's the best but who has dueled the most and gained the most exp from dueling.

I consider myself one of the better duelers around, but I rarely duel. I've only dueled a total of 387 times since this world started. That's very little compared to many others, especially those in the Top of the duel ranks. I consider bigpopa a petty good dueler as well, but he's not at the top of the ranks. even blitzkrieg for that matter.

Roland seems to think duel ranks are an accurate measurement, but I would say only to some extent. That's why we started arguing that issue.

DeletedUser

Soldiers have an advantage when it comes to duels, no questioning that. Other classes are at a disadvantage in my mind, not so much exp as duelers themselves get more but as far as winning the duel itself.

As far as high exp jobs and being a dueler. I can do a majority of the best exp jobs there are, and still have 95% of my stats allocated to duel stats.

Unfortunately, my friend and I are much lower in level. I'm merely level 61 at the time I write this post. Due to the war my town has with Miestas, I was forced to spend at least 80% of my energy for the past 2 weeks, if not more, on dueling and dueling alone. I gain little dueling exp, as evident from my # of duels and my dueling rank, because I do take on people who are higher exp level than me, I have to be very efficient at spending my points and pretty much have to rely on equipment as well to do jobs + dueling. If I am above level 80 like you are, I gain additional attributes + skill points, allow me to distribute even more of my Skill points into dueling skill while still able to do the jobs.

I wholeheartly agree, soldiers by default should be the strongest dueler out there, period. Their insane bonus of 50% extra tactic is just unreal, extra HP also help as dueling at higher level = lots of damages and having more HP can mean the difference between KO and live to fight another day. My highest total damage count came from hitting soldiers as they are the ones who can easily go over 1200 HP. Soldiers can afford to spend little on tactics and still be very effective, free up a lot of points to distribute in other areas.

There are too many factors to consider when evaluating who the best duelers are. You can't just look at the duel ranks because they are not a measure of who's the best but who has dueled the most and gained the most exp from dueling.

I consider myself one of the better duelers around, but I rarely duel. I've only dueled a total of 387 times since this world started. That's very little compared to many others, especially those in the Top of the duel ranks. I consider bigpopa a petty good dueler as well, but he's not at the top of the ranks. even blitzkrieg for that matter.

Roland seems to think duel ranks are an accurate measurement, but I would say only to some extent. That's why we started arguing that issue.

I think I wrote earlier, there are a lot of duelers out there, travel more, duel more and you get a better idea. I spent most of my time in the central 4 grids, dueled people in the NW, SW, NE, but not as much in the SE (recently, the IC family but that's about it)

Some corners are more peaceful than others. This is just my experience, the central 4 grids tend to have players who will pump up their dueling skills, probably due to the constant duel as players from various parts of the map will come visit and duel, for exp, for pleasure, or whatever as it's not terribly far anywhere from the world to visit the central 4 grids. I don't think people in the NE corner, such as the WTF family will go visit the SW corner of the map often, it takes way too long to travel.

I go through bouts of dueling, I can beat most of the players around my exp level but not all. Sometimes it simply depends on bad dumb luck or good luck for me to be KO by my opponent. I think after talking with some players, I need to consider "retirement" from dueling for a bit, get rid of my excess points in aim, dodge and get some of those higher exp jobs.

I was going after high luck + high income jobs for a long time, so I can afford all the equipment I have. My equipment help me make up my skill points deficiencies, now I got walking stick, etc. It's time to go back to leveling to get more skill points + attributes. I already did all quests that can give me skill points given my level. Level 67 and 75 quests will require me re-spec massively and get rid of dueling skill in order to even do them.

DeletedUser

I'd say East coast has far better duelers than central 4 grids.

Probably, I haven't dueled some of those east ones for a while. I relied on older 2nd hand information. Some of the duelers I know have quit already, such as holysatan, etc.

TSC is strong but lack # will hurt. I dueled a bunch of miestas duelers, however, although none of them have KOed me while I'm at full health and in dueling gear, I simply cannot KO all the ones in my range due to my limited energy + HP. Whenever I miss one or 2 Miestas player as I hobble back home to sleep at hotel to recover my energy and/or HP, they come to my town and KO some residents of my town. My town does have some duelers but their dueling level is too high to be able to deal with all those swarm of Miestas "mid level" duelers that are out of their range.

Dueling is someting I do when I get bored with jobs, quests. A lot of friends I know from other games have quit this game already. I have not joined them because I've taken my break and come back, I just hope the fort stuff is worthwhile so some people can come back as well as keeping & drawing new players to this game.

DeletedUser

Soldiers have possibly 100% to their tactics, as well as using weapons 6 levels before others. Being a lower level is somewhat of a handicap but you cannot use it as an excuse, as my level 37 on world 2 can easily beat people double his level, who are duelers not just workers, attacking and defending.

As far as the level 67 and 75 quest, they would both require you to lose most of your duel stats to complete them, as even myself cannot do most of it being level 85, and having a majority dueling build.

DeletedUser

Soldiers have possibly 100% to their tactics, as well as using weapons 6 levels before others. Being a lower level is somewhat of a handicap but you cannot use it as an excuse, as my level 37 on world 2 can easily beat people double his level, who are duelers not just workers, attacking and defending.

As far as the level 67 and 75 quest, they would both require you to lose most of your duel stats to complete them, as even myself cannot do most of it being level 85, and having a majority dueling build.

I won't be able to do all of those jobs required for level 67 & 75. But I figure I might as well start, while still leveling up, re-spec as I go to cut cost. It's cheaper if I start early.

I try to maintain a balance between job, quest, and dueling. It's an arms race if I want to stay as a dueler. My curiosity of what can I get with the hidden reward in lv 67 + key from lv 75 is what drives me want to re-spec and level up asap and complete those 2 quests. The published able to do any job build has only 1 dueling skill so I can't use that and need to figure out something else to see if I can achieve my goal without really destroy my stats.

DeletedUser

2d1mo1g.jpg

This is from world 7, which I did to prove my point. I was bored and went to a spot with a couple towns close together that had a lot of high ranked duelers. They just fight each other (fairly or not I don't care) to level up I'd guess.

I was ranked 100+ in dueling, and about 70 overall before this.

DeletedUser

I mean it's hard to argue against results, as I have done this on world 1 and 7 since I read this post. The caliber of a dueler, regardless of the Character class, attack or defense build, and clothes or even level: rank doesn't determine the best dueler.

DeletedUser11353

I mean it's hard to argue against results, as I have done this on world 1 and 7 since I read this post. The caliber of a dueler, regardless of the Character class, attack or defense build, and clothes or even level: rank doesn't determine the best dueler.

I always say that

DeletedUser544

let me preface this by saying it was not I who brought your name into this =)

I don't consider myself a dueler at heart, or I would have been a soldier. That being said, the past two days I have walked through a majority of the top ranked duelers and beaten them. My duel rank and level is lower than most of them, so to base the caliber of a dueler solely on their duel exp would be wrong in my opinion. It just shows they duel more.

and that is why HotnSexy mentioned you; you are an extremely high level character who has the ability, w/ all of those skill points, to respec and become a dangerous dueler. but would you be as high XP level if you had been a pure dueler this past year? probably not, because you would have been able to do less jobs. this is the tradeoff good duelers have to make; I am making an argument of consistency as well, not just of a single duel result between two players.

and yes, I don't believe that dueling rank is the SOLE determining factor in how good a dueler is. but you would have to present me with some pretty damning evidence to convince me that someone at rank #36 is better then someone at rank #1.

another question, what happened, as you were walking through those top ranked duelers, when you challenged me?

Take the number one ranked dueler right now, he use to attack me quite a few times, until he realized he wasn't going to win. If i had my same build I do here and was a solider, therefore freeing up more tactics points I could use for other skills (like I have done on 7) I think I would be able to take on most if not all duelers who stack defensive skills and have the character bonus of a soldier.

see once again, if you were a soldier and had super high tactics, you wouldn't have been able to do all the great jobs and attain the high XP level you currently have.

and beating Ascotia does not make you a better dueler then him; it just means you have a super high shooting build which happens to be his one weakness. individual matchups do not carry a generalized argument in this case. American Football is a great example of this; any given team can win on any given sunday, but the Championship determining who is best each season is based on not just one game, but a tournament (the playoffs)
many teams do not even make the playoffs, even though they might have beaten the team that goes on to become the champions...

@HotnSexy: finally regarding this duel rank argument, let me clarify ONCE AGAIN, that I do not believe duel rank is the sole determining factor in who is a better dueler. I never said that.

what I will say, and continue to say, is duel rank says alot more to me about somebody's ability then their say so. I haven't seen you or bigpopa or anyone else put forth a better metric for guaging, ON AVERAGE, who is a better dueler. furthermore, I think the more you try to convince everyone that the top 10 ranked duelers aren't, for the most part (excluding cheaters), the upper echelon of duelers in the world, the more you insult us and do us all a disservice because many of us have spent a long time getting to where we are now, and we have sacrificed good jobs and gear in many cases, to get there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

For duel ranks ets:

As far as Ascotia goes, I beat him attacking or defending. If you really want to get down to it, there are a number of players who pre arrange duels to gain easy exp and move up ranks as was mentioned earlyer in this post. If someone is at the top of the rankings due to these pre arranged duels, and you consider rankings to be all that matters, I find it hard to base much of anything by the rankings.

On to consistency, as my post nowhere mentioned it being a single duel between two people. I've won a lot more than lost whilst dueling high ranking individuals and I'm ranked 200th? I don't even know.

Ranks are nothing but the amount of exp a player has gained, like myself I spend more time doing other things than dueling. Dueling more often dose not make you are a better dueler.

"THE BEST" should be able to win both attacking and defending, not just one or the other.

Personal:

What does being able to do other jobs have to do with being a dueler. A ranged dueler in general can do a lot of the high exp jobs by the time their 70 or less in my case. While not all but still a good majority of my skills do go to dueling, I am and was still able to do jobs.

The tactics quote, I said if I was indeed a soldier I could use some of the skills points I currently have allocated to tactics for offensive skills, not the other way around like you have posted.

And when have you ever dueled me before you point fingers, as that was one duel, and you're the one who argues about consistency. Once again it's a lot easier for a soldier to defend with 50-100% increase in tactics.

DeletedUser

bigpopa attacked me today when I had adventurer whip equipped, and all of my strikes were set to Left Hand. That's hardly an accurate representation of how I fare against him on defense. I think he KO'd me from full health (~1200 damage) last time I tried attacking, but I think I did in the high 900s myself.

You can't beat everyone in this game :shrug:

DeletedUser

bigpopa attacked me today when I had adventurer whip equipped, and all of my strikes were set to Left Hand. That's hardly an accurate representation of how I fare against him on defense. I think he KO'd me from full health (~1200 damage) last time I tried attacking, but I think I did in the high 900s myself.

You can't beat everyone in this game :shrug:

No different than attacking me in work clothes :)

DeletedUser

#1 is CUFT Greatest ever go to Justin Micheal look at his profile on World 1 we are huge and amazing

DeletedUser

but you would have to present me with some pretty damning evidence to convince me that someone at rank #36 is better then someone at rank #1.

So say I went and dueled ascotia 10 times and beat him 10 times, who would you say is better?

(not that i'm actually going to do this. I don't even duel anymore. 4 total duels in the past month)

@HotnSexy: finally regarding this duel rank argument, let me clarify ONCE AGAIN, that I do not believe duel rank is the sole determining factor in who is a better dueler. I never said that.
ok fine whatever. But you regard it pretty dam highly.

furthermore, I think the more you try to convince everyone that the top 10 ranked duelers aren't, for the most part (excluding cheaters), the upper echelon of duelers in the world, the more you insult us and do us all a disservice because many of us have spent a long time getting to where we are now, and we have sacrificed good jobs and gear in many cases, to get there.

The Top 10 duelers, excluding the 2 that won't be named, deserve their ranks because they have put their time, effort, and energy into dueling. But they also are the ones who have gained the most experience from dueling. That's how the ranks are ranked by, the exp gained. And you're telling me you can't buy gear? Are you serious?

DeletedUser

The Top 10 duelers, excluding the 2 that won't be named, deserve their ranks because they have put their time, effort, and energy into dueling. But they also are the ones who have gained the most experience from dueling. That's how the ranks are ranked by, the exp gained. And you're telling me you can't buy gear? Are you serious?

Just shows they duel more often, as I said dueling more won't make you a better dueler.

As far as top duelers having to sacrifice good jobs and gear is a farce. On world 7, I am building a strictly dueler, and I am able to do 4 jobs that offer at least 65% exp at only level 60. Even more so, to sacrifice you must be losing out on, but duelers gain more exp per 24 energy dueling than the best exp jobs for the most part, and it's not like it dosen't pay out either.

DeletedUser544

For duel ranks ets:

As far as Ascotia goes, I beat him attacking or defending. If you really want to get down to it, there are a number of players who pre arrange duels to gain easy exp and move up ranks as was mentioned earlyer in this post. If someone is at the top of the rankings due to these pre arranged duels, and you consider rankings to be all that matters, I find it hard to base much of anything by the rankings.

and everyone knows who the cheaters are, and they are excluded. which I said in my original post. so stop using the fact that their are a few cheaters in the top ranks, to discredit ALL of the rest of us. I have never pre-arranged any duel, and would take serious offense if you ever accused me of it.

On to consistency, as my post nowhere mentioned it being a single duel between two people. I've won a lot more than lost whilst dueling high ranking individuals and I'm ranked 200th? I don't even know.

see again, you didn't even respond to my question. if you walked through the top ranked duelers so easily, what about when you challenged me? I believe the score was 1091 - 0, and you KO'ed. correct me if I'm wrong?

let me put it this way. for every player above you in dueling rank, that you claim to have beaten... I can find a player above you in dueling rank, that can beat you. which is what you would expect, since it is a "rank".

Ranks are nothing but the amount of exp a player has gained, like myself I spend more time doing other things than dueling. Dueling more often dose not make you are a better dueler.

dueling more often certainly does make you a better dueler; getting to know people's patterns, coming up w/ a good "hunting area" in terms of regions with lots of good targets in them... stringing together multiple wins in a single session... there is strategy to all of this. Dueling makes you a whole heck of a lot better of a dueler then working does, I'll guarantee you that.

And when have you ever dueled me before you point fingers, as that was one duel, and you're the one who argues about consistency. Once again it's a lot easier for a soldier to defend with 50-100% increase in tactics.

I used to beat you consistently back when we fought -Raccoon City-, I remember this. recently, I haven't attacked you because usually you aren't even member of a town. and the last time you tried me, remember what happened? (see above)

So say I went and dueled ascotia 10 times and beat him 10 times, who would you say is better?

(not that i'm actually going to do this. I don't even duel anymore. 4 total duels in the past month)

1. yes, if you beat ascotia 10 times in a row, then you would have an argument for saying you are a better dueler. as opposed to what you are currently saying, which is of the form "duel ranks don't mean anything; my opinion is that I'm better then higher ranked duelers" without any form of justification or proof.
2. if you 'dont even duel anymore', then how on earth can you claim, or EVEN KNOW, that you are better then any dueler, let alone some ranked higher then you? see this is what i'm talking about; you are discrediting duel rank in favor of your own unjustified opinion, and you don't even duel. this is the most convoluted bit of logic I've heard as of late. just like when you "complained" that I didn't challenge you the other day, because I got knocked out challenging someone else in TSC first. if you want to "complain" about that, then COME OVER AND CHALLENGE ME. otherwise, be patient and stop complaining.

ok fine whatever. But you regard it pretty dam highly.

if by that you mean I regard it higher then the unsupported unjustified opinion of someone who admits they "dont even duel anymore", then yes I suppose I do. as I've said before, its not the only criterion. but it makes alot more sense then you just throwing shout-outs to yourself and BigPopa

um, what? I said that pure duelers don't get good jobs as quickly in the game, and generally have less $$ because dueling for XP doesn't usually net you money... which would impact what gear you can buy... and that earlier in the game (while you were a happy worker bee), we were slugging it out trying to be the best, and that someone who chooses to go pure dueler is sacrificing, in effect, the better jobs and $$ and gear at earlier levels in order to have all their skill points be allocated into dueling categories