Rank these towns/alliances in your opinion

DeletedUser14006

As I originally said, this was not a definitive list of the best towns, only what I thought in my opinion, but as you have asked for it the original post has been updated to include the above mentioned towns/alliances.

DeletedUser

I Founded one of the oldest towns, in world one, named Mountain city, but i find it realy hard, to find members, so the only chance we have to get a fort, is that we get in alliance with some of big city's, and we have a few town's near our town, like tsc and abandon hope, there are like 10 of ah in my county, but my meaning is, that, i think the most populated town's, or alliances will slay uss small town's, so i think, that a town shall can only take a fort, that is inside his own county, so more players have a chance...Just my oppinion;)

DeletedUser

The list is lacking. Where is the Parish Affiliation, the Western Wolf Pack Alliance, and the Confederate Union of Free Towns?

DeletedUser544

The list is lacking. Where is the Parish Affiliation, the Western Wolf Pack Alliance, and the Confederate Union of Free Towns?

lol I have no idea who any of those towns/empires are
never heard of them
no offence, but this is what i mean below when I say "young towns/empires shouldn't be included"
if the town you are nominating has new items from the item sets, it shouldn't be eligible (in my opinion)
because that implies such a young town, and, more importantly, such a gap in experience between that town's average member level and the average member level's of some of the other older towns

I agree with roland that you could have included some more towns, like the ones roland mentioned.

but the towns roland mentioned wouldn't rank high on my list: lonesome dove is roland's town, of course he would mention it. ;) but, I've never lost to roland or is buddy kahula kid, so ehhh. Outlaw Creek is just flat out bad and so is Stfu haven.

yes the LD empire is the one I currently reside in; but again I wasn't speaking solely from a dueling perspective. I think all the old towns should be there too because they have the concentrations of higher level players. I can detect a challenge in those words, so I'll have to come see if I can change your mind =)
also, we have other good duelers in LD/CM/distillery like josey wales, and a few up and coming guys like wild william mccoy and wldwstrnlgnd.
Outlaw Creek was mentioned because they are an older town, and at one point they used to have two top-15 duelers, Bosta and North16.
STFU Haven are another old town (we have had relations w/ them since the start of w1), and again, they may not be up to your "shadow city" standards, but GetAGrip, BillyBuckshot, and others there are very good duelers.
furthermore, there are more towns that I left off that fall into these categories. some of the empires mentioned on page 1 are too young in my opinion and shouldn't be included. again all just my opinion

I think a thread like this could be really good, but needs some more finer tuning.

we are definitely in agreement on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser529

Well the bigger the alliance or family the more problems they have.

THE stupidiest one going is this so called EMPIRE. Galactic empire in a game of the OLD west.....REALLY really really stupid to try and bring SCIENCE FICTION from star wars.....On welll.....They are an EPIC failure since their leader got banned for multi-account and cheating.....

With forts on the horizon all towns and families should be concentrating on organizing their players and establishing well ordered lines of communication. The families and towns that have there act together will win in the end. Big towns/families don't mean a thing if they are

UN-ORGANIZED
DON'T COMMUNICATE
UN-DISCIPLINED

The better organized, active and fully communicative towns will kick this worlds butt.....

But that is just my opinion......:p

DeletedUser

who? who? and who?

yes the LD empire is the one I currently reside in; but again I wasn't speaking solely from a dueling perspective. I think all the old towns should be there too because they have the concentrations of higher level players. I can detect a challenge in those words, so I'll have to come see if I can change your mind =)
also, we have other good duelers in LD/CM/distillery like josey wales, and a few up and coming guys like wild william mccoy and wldwstrnlgnd.
Outlaw Creek was mentioned because they are an older town, and at one point they used to have two top-15 duelers, Bosta and North16.
STFU Haven are another old town (we have had relations w/ them since the start of w1), and again, they may not be up to your "shadow city" standards, but GetAGrip, BillyBuckshot, and others there are very good duelers.
furthermore, there are more towns that I left off that fall into these categories. some of the empires mentioned on page 1 are too young in my opinion and shouldn't be included. again all just my opinion

well, a town's strength these days imo depends on how well they can fare against other towns. I agree that the age of towns, level of management, member activity, and other things should be considered, but dueling skill should be the #1 factor in measuring a town's strength. If your town can't duel, then you can't protect yourself or prove your town's worth cause you're always getting attacked.

Outlaw is one of the oldest towns (they were the first or second town founded i think), but now they aren't that good. If you look at their mortician, probably around 80% of their losses come from The Shadow City. Bosta has since gone pretty inactive. North16 is still playing and I suppose he is a good dueler, but doesn't stand much of a chance against me.

I'm very interested in Getagrip right now from stfu haven. He has been respecing alot, so i would like to see what he can do now that he has done a complete makeover with his dueling skills.

But everything I say is my own opinion so doesn't necesarily reflect actual truth. Like I can say I've never lost to you, roland or even to ascotia, but in reality, you two are considered great duelers by many others.

DeletedUser

Dude, if you don't know who the Parish Affiliation is, you must not be paying attention to the rankings. You don't have to look far to find them. One of their towns is ranked #9. By the way, I'm not from Parish, but their absence from your list is strange.

The Confederate Union of Free Towns holds ranking numbers 11, 19, 34, 36, 42, 49, 61, 65, 69, 71, 103, 105, 106, 115, and 118.

You also missed the Creek Empire. They hold ranking spots 25, 92, and 113.

WWPA holds spots 60 and 66.

I only searched the rankings up to 120.

The CUFT is stronger than several of the alliances you listed.

DeletedUser

I think that the strength of an alliance should be measured by several criterion.

+ Number of Towns/ Number of Players
+ Dueling Strength
+ Shootout Strength/ Number of Forts
+ Location
+ Number & Strength of Allies

Now, we won't be able to compare the shootout strength of these alliances yet, but we can analyze the other factors.

DeletedUser

Dude, if you don't know who the Parish Affiliation is, you must not be paying attention to the rankings. You don't have to look far to find them. One of their towns is ranked #9. By the way, I'm not from Parish, but their absence from your list is strange.

The Confederate Union of Free Towns holds ranking numbers 11, 19, 34, 36, 42, 49, 61, 65, 69, 71, 103, 105, 106, 115, and 118.

You also missed the Creek Empire. They hold ranking spots 25, 92, and 113.

WWPA holds spots 60 and 66.

I only searched the rankings up to 120.

The CUFT is stronger than several of the alliances you listed.

Anyone else reading this? Basing best towns by their rank :laugh:

Rank means nothing buddy. By not knowing that, you prove my point of "who?" by your ignorance.

DeletedUser14006

Rank means nothing buddy. By not knowing that, you prove my point of "who?" by your ignorance.

True, towns are currently being ranked according to date completed, and thats all, no other factors affect this, if I were to complete a town tomorrow it would be ranked 1 until the next town is completed.

Also, stop saying you missed this town or that one, this list was comprised on my opinion, it is not a definitive factual list!

DeletedUser

I gave you the criterion for judging which alliances are best. It didn't include town ranking, did it?

No, it didn't. Let's remind you of what it did include:

+ Dueling Strength
+ Location
+ Number & Strength of Allies

When I brought up the rankings, it was to show your ineptitude to search for in-game alliances. The ranking feature is very handy for doing such a search. You could've found the three alliances I mentioned by just searching the top 120 towns.

DeletedUser14006

Man, you are dumb, aren't you?

I gave you the criterion for judging which alliances are best. It didn't include town ranking, did it? No, it didn't. Let's remind you of what it did include:

+ Dueling Strength
+ Location
+ Number/ Strength of Allies

When I brought up the rankings, it was to show your ineptitude to search for in-game alliances. The ranking feature is very handy for doing such a search. You could've found the three alliances I mentioned by just search the top 120 towns.

We are dumb?

Read the thread and reply accordingly:

* Which town/alliance would be most successful if they all entered a battle royale.
* Which town/alliance will be most effective when Forts arrive.
* Any other factors that you think make the town/alliance number 1 overall.

As the third point says, give your opinion on other factors but dont change the entire point of the thread.

DeletedUser

towns are currently being ranked according to date completed, and thats all, no other factors affect this, if I were to complete a town tomorrow it would be ranked 1 until the next town is completed.

You have no idea as to what you are talking about. Laredo was just finished; they were never ranked #1.

DeletedUser

This is what I was referring to as "dumb." I nowhere indicated that town strength should be determined by their in-game ranking. I was merely showing that the three alliances which I mentioned are easily found in the game by looking though a few pages of the rankings.

List of towns/alliances (in no particular order)

* Umbrella Corporation
* The Shadow City
* Rock Ridge Family
* Abandon Hope Family
* Miestas Family
* 0E0 Death Star (Empire)
* Western Town Alliance
* IC Bank Family
* Devils Woods Family
* Fort Of Appaloosa
* Legion Of Gunslingers
* STFU Haven Family
* Outlaw Creek Family
* Lonesome Dove Empire

He made a list. It is not a list based on anyone's ranking opinion, but is a list of alliances in the game. We were merely pointing out other viable alliances that should be included in the list.

DeletedUser14006

This is what I was referring to as "dumb." I nowhere indicated that town strength should be determined by their in-game ranking. I was merely showing that the three alliances which I mentioned are easily found in the game by looking though a few pages of the rankings.

He made a list. It is not a list based on anyone's ranking opinion, but is a list of alliances in the game. We were merely pointing out other viable alliances that should be included in the list.

Who are you referring to as made the list?