Peter Pan v Jesus: A comparison

DeletedUser

You proved my point. Let me ask you, JR, if the rules that you've made for yourself become inconvenient do you get rid of them? Rules made up because they seem to make sense to you are no rules at all.
What on earth are you ranting about? ( I am specifically refering to the last sentance of yours)
Do I suddenly start to steal because I want something I can not afford?
No.
Do I steal when there is no risk of getting caught?
No.
Do I murder someone if they are a complete bother?
No.

Rules that are made because they make sense are good rules.
Like, do not kill your fellow man. Makes sense for a number of reasons.
Rules like don't dress in a certain way because a magic fairy in the sky will disapprove and condemn you to etenral damnation on the other hand, doesn't make sense. Wear your hair a certain way, or burn in hell, doesn't make sense.

You are one messed up kid JM.

You guys really are stupid. Don't you know that the Pope believes in evolution? Why would you people keep on assuming that I am a Catholic?

Because we are stooped. Seriously, someone naming others stupid whilst claiming the year is 6-8k years old is more than "a little ironic".

DeletedUser

Hellstromm said:
Justin, at no time did I state you were a Catholic, nor was I singling out that particular denomination in any of my posts. There are Protestant, Methodist, and other Christian faith denominations who have committed great sins. My comment was posted facetiously, but a priest is not of Catholic denomination alone. To use Catholics as a shield denotes you believe yourself "better" than others, that you are worthy of throwing the first stone. Are you truly without sin? Is your particular denomination and, for that matter, are all your priests such of such puritan faith they would be incapable of the crimes for which they were charged? (on the by, I find it interesting how you state what you are not, but repeatedly fail to indicate what you are. One could come to the conclusion you are trying to hide an embarrassment)

Don't play the naive. We all know which religion "all those priest molestations" happened in. Secondly, there are no priests in our religion, and we have stated several times just which religion that is.

First you say, "so you like being told you do things wrong, eh?," and then you say, "Are you truly without sin?" Which is it, my friend? Neither of us have ever stated that we are without sin. We both have stated we deserve to burn in hell.

JM did not bring up the priest molestation. You did. He is not hiding behind anything, nor condemning anyone. Use the apparent logic you have been so praised for.

JM said:
Listen, "flaming idiot," I am not a Catholic. How many darn times do I have to say this?! Catholicism is false Christianity. There, I said it for you too now, Hellstromm.
Mmm, Justin, no. Don't lower yourself to their insults. Although they show no respect for us or our religion, we should continue to show respect to them and their beliefs. It's called proper manners and courtesy, which they apparently haven't learned. Ignore it.

DeletedUser

Mmm, Justin, no. Don't lower yourself to their insults. Although they show no respect for us or our religion, we should continue to show respect to them and their beliefs. It's called proper manners and courtesy, which they apparently haven't learned. Ignore it.

My, what a good display of a complete lack thereof. ;)

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Aren't you against judging a religion by it's followers? :huh:

I think that would be the least naive thing to do, but I think you have to be naive to be in a organized religion anyway.

DeletedUser

I seem to recall someone having a hissy fit or two not long ago so perhaps when you recommend "proper manners and courtesy" you should be a tad less self-righteous about it.

DeletedUser

Don't play the naive. We all know which religion "all those priest molestations" happened in.
Actually, yes I do, and they are not majorily Catholic as you infer. They include protestant, methodist, jehovah witness, etc, etc, etc. And, do mind, it would do well to include other religions, such as Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc, but this particular discussion is specifically in regards to the Christian ethos which, by all accounts, is hypocritical for convenience.

Secondly, there are no priests in our religion, and we have stated several times just which religion that is.
Actually, I rummaged through over 200 of yours and JM's posts, and found nothing indicating what you hold to be your particular denomination, other than the John 3:3 reference, which is about being born again. Unfortunately, this could denote Fundamentalist, Evangelical, Protestant, Pentecostal, or a flue of non-denominations. But, again, this is merely a tangent. Instead of addressing the topic at hand, which has so clearly fallen out of your realm of knowledge, you attempt to tangentialize.

We both have stated we deserve to burn in hell. Mmm, Justin, no. Don't lower yourself to their insults.
Assuming there's a hell to burn in. Also, and with as much effort to try not sounding juvenile, Justin began with the insults, I merely 'repeated' his words in return, which means I lowered myself to "His" insults.

Although they show no respect for us or our religion, we should continue to show respect to them and their beliefs. It's called proper manners and courtesy, which they apparently haven't learned. Ignore it.
Virginia, you requested I provide sources/attributions, and I did. In doing so, I demonstrated just how disrespectful your, and Justin's, claims were. Now your tactic is to play the martyr?

No apologies from me. If you dish it out, expect to receive in return.

DeletedUser

Actually, I rummaged through over 200 of yours and JM's posts, and found nothing indicating what you hold to be your particular denomination, other than the John 3:3 reference, which is about being born again. Unfortunately, this could denote Fundamentalist, Evangelical, Protestant, Pentecostal, or a flue of non-denominations. But, again, this is merely a tangent. Instead of addressing the topic at hand, which has so clearly fallen out of your realm of knowledge, you attempt to tangentialize.

JM has been evasive. Virginia stated something like generic non-denominational born again Christians. JM apparently feels the same disdain for Catholic and Protestant alike that many of us feel for all Christian denominations and organized religion in general.

DeletedUser

You should also note, Hellstromm, for future reference, if you ever do stumble into a discussion with JM about bible infallibility, he is very cagey about which version/translation is the "perfect" one as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You should also note, Hellstromm, for future reference, if you ever do stumble into a discussion with JM about bible infallibility, he is very cagey about which version/translation is the "perfect" one as well.

Bascily we're saying that he's a hypocrite.

DeletedUser

Hehe, well I just want to make clear that my major gripe is with those who, either due to ignorance or intentional misdirection, claim evolution is a belief, science is a religion, and beakers are idolic figures. I could care less what one does in the privacy of their own minds. But, if they share it, they better be prepared to wear it.

DeletedUser

Hehe, well I just want to make clear that my major gripe is with those who, either due to ignorance or intentional misdirection, claim evolution is a belief, science is a religion, and beakers are idolic figures. I could care less what one does in the privacy of their own minds. But, if they share it, they better be prepared to wear it.

Agreed. Although after many conversations along the lines of these ones, it becomes very tempting to throw the baby out with the bathwater. :D

DeletedUser

Hellstromm said:
Actually, yes I do, and they are not majorily Catholic as you infer. They include protestant, methodist, jehovah witness, etc, etc, etc. And, do mind, it would do well to include other religions, such as Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc, but this particular discussion is specifically in regards to the Christian ethos which, by all accounts, is hypocritical for convenience.
I don't care how many other religions have done how many different sins! I frankly don't give a darn! My only point was that only an extremely naive person would not know which religion someone is talking about when they say "all those priest molestations." Whether you meant it that way or not, it's going to be taken that way, period.

Hellstromm said:
I don't know about JM, I am not his babysitter, but I have stated several times what I believe. Furthermore, I have no qualms whatsoever telling anyone what my religion is. I am a born-again, non-denominational Christian. Why not just ask instead of wasting your time, post searching?

Hellstromm said:
Assuming there's a hell to burn in. Also, and with as much effort to try not sounding juvenile, Justin began with the insults, I merely 'repeated' his words in return, which means I lowered myself to "His" insults.
I've read everyone's posts and nowhere did I see Justin call you a name until this last post where he repeated what you said to him. And to be quite honest, I don't give a rip who started it; someone needs to be the mature one and cut it out. I simply reprimanded JM to be the one to do it. Now tell me, is that such a big deal?

Virginia, you requested I provide sources/attributions, and I did. In doing so, I demonstrated just how disrespectful your, and Justin's, claims were. Now your tactic is to play the martyr?
My claims? I haven't claimed anything, my friend. Nor am I playing the martyr.

No apologies from me. If you dish it out, expect to receive in return.
Well that's nice of you, because I'm not asking for an apology. I have no problem with your post whatsoever. I have a problem when people refer to my God with vulgar words or depict Him with offensive pictures. Whether or not I think someone's off on a fringe, doesn't matter. Proper etiquette is to respect that person regardless. Name calling is not proper respect. Calling someone hypocritical or rude is fine; but name calling is immature and disrespectful.

DeletedUser

I don't care how many other religions have done how many different sins! I frankly don't give a darn!

But, it is interesting considering that religious people like to claim that atheists are immoral, isn't it?

I am a born-again, non-denominational Christian.

I love the term "non-denominational"...because, of course, "non-denominational" is a denomination...

I have a problem when people refer to my God with vulgar words or depict Him with offensive pictures.

Considering the insults that atheists get for not believing from Christians, I'd suggest that you grow a thicker skin...

DeletedUser

I've lost interest --- with Virginia off tangentializing while posing for Victim Magazine and Justin going into hiding in the Afghani mountains, there's really not much left to do here except maybe...

I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN

lol, now watch the tizzy fit on that one, eh?

DeletedUser

....But i want to win this conversation even though i added nothing to it :/