Irulia: The Spirit Changers Quest

• Thread starter DeletedUser31931
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Rilinea awoke with a jolt. That idiot Leo was standing in the doorway, saying something about Heldon forest being on fire. Wait, what? Grabbing her quiver and bow, she stood up and moved to the doorway. She couldn't see a fire. Arthur had transformed into a bird and was flying over the forest. Oh, of course. The fire must have been at the other end of teh forest. However despite the inferrance of a forest fire, Rilinea couldn't see any smoke.
And of course, everything she could transform into had no capacity for flight, so she was stuck here. She turned to Leo. "What exactly did you see?"

DeletedUser31931

Leo turned to Rilinea who had asked him what he had seen "I can't be sure exactly, but this section of the forest, the one facing us that is, had caught ablaze. The fire wasn't that big and had only just started producing smoke which is why we probably can't see any yet." At this point he realised what Arthur had done. He swore, quite loudly too, "I'm going after Arthur." he spoke quickly "Tell the others." Leo ran forwards, as if taking a run up before jumping and then he transformed into a Falcon, his fastest bird and set off at a high speed after Arthur.

Samuel

As Leo gave the news Sam jerked awake, he had slept next to Donna last night, but she had vanished. He figured that she had already gone outside when he saw the note. It was her untidy scrawl. "The group hates me and I can't take it, I'm making out on my own." He swore, she was an aviator but he was earth, he'd never catch up with her. He ran outside just in time to see Leo take off. He turned to the girl, Riliner or something, who was standing there "What's going on? Where's Leo going?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Apelatia

Lecta was already wide awake when the news of the burning forest reached him. He immediately addressed the nice girl, the only one he liked from their previous experiences. She had shown that she was intelligent, but also possessed her own self-will, and those were qualities Lecta admired. "Water, SO dominant over fire. I could...play the hero if you would like?" Lecta stood up from his lying position to face the girl. He was taking a risk giving her command over him, but she was a better choice than anyone. "The others won't do any good. My sea power will be able to overcome the fire, though I will need strength to keep re-producing my wall-of water. Help me please. Oh, and what is your name?"

DeletedUser13682

(I had given up on this thread, but damnit, I can't stand by and let some bold gom out water Seamus!)

Seamus had woken up amidst commotion. All yesterday, since the very strange mental mass attack, he had been quietly thinking about what had happened, how it had all went wrong, why his was caught up in this mess of a quest that nobody should have been put through. These confusing events were what put Seamus to bed last night, in a corner of what appeared to be a safe house. It wasn't a bad place; it would be almost nice were the circumstances different. Seamus made a note to visit here again after this damned quest was over.

In the morning, commotion woke up Seamus. Two of the group were talking about the fire, where it was, how long it had been burning. A quick sweep of the room noticed two people gone; hopefully neither of them had burned up in this conflagration. The other water spirit changer, instead of helping put out the fire, was chatting it up with Sera. Seamus got up, and threw on his coat over the pants he slept in. "Come on, you windy pipe," Seamus said, kicking the other water user up. "Quit messing around, and start putting out that fire! And stay away from her, you chancer." This was the last thing Seamus said before exiting the building, and turning into a puffin.

Though Seamus was most proficient in the art of healing, he also had a fair mastery over the art of summoning water. Remembering the sea of his home, Seamus began to cause some water to fall behind him, a trail forming in his wake. Using this, Seamus began to concentrate on containing the fire, making sure it didn't get any bigger. That would be the worst thing that could happen. After it was contained, then the work could start on putting it out. Though Seamus was confident in his abilities, he did doubt that these tasks could be done alone. If that dirtball didn't start helping soon, Seamus's efforts might be in vain.

Apelatia

Lecta glared after the healer boy, annoyed at having his nice conversation with the girl so rudely interrupted. But he was right...Maybe flirting wasn't the best way to combat a forest fire after all. "Excuse me please," he smiled nicely at the girl before she could answer his questions. Running out of the door, Lecta developed a full sprint, and then followed it up by jumping as high as possible into the air. As he was doing this, he transformed into his pelican spirit changer, and started flying at full pelt towards the raving fire.

When he got near enough to the fire, Lecta intended to use his water powers to work together with the healer boy, for the good of the surrounding countryside, and ONLY for that reason. If it had just been a mere happening, then Lecta would have disregarded the boy in repayment for that kick he had just been given. Maybe he would have time to talk to the nice girl later on...

Deleted User - 819397

The group, unable to settle the differences in opinion within any reasonable length of time, settled in for the night. By that point Mandan was so sick of all of them that he departed the cabin entirely. He changed into the panther and climbed a nearby tree. Finding a large branch that would support his weight, he returned to human form and leaned back. Those idiots would argue over who gets the leftover crumb from a loaf of bread, he thought bitterly. Figures he'd get a group incapable of actions. His thoughts continued in such a manner until he fell asleep.

The next morning, Mandan's lack of proximity meant he missed all the excitement when Leo ran to tell everyone about the fire. He slumbered on, unaware that there was even an issue.

DeletedUser28032

The dragon roared as it shot across the icy wastes its snow white scales glistening in the early morning sun. It had taken them many days for them to track the beast back to its lair where the bones of its previous victims decorated the doorway; a warning to those foolish enough to try and steal the vast treasures within.
The battle was fierce and frenetic as her companions fought the beast to a standstill "Quickly Seraphim kill it! You’re the only one who can do it!" Mandan screamed pointing to the beasts exposed neck as both Leo and Seamus echoed him shouting encouragements to her as they did so.
Wasting little time she dashes across the hard packed snow towards the dragon as the icy wind whipped back her cloak before finally skidding to a halt only a few feet from the beast, so close that she could feel its foul breath upon her face "Prepare to die fell creature!" she screams as she went to grab one of the throwing discs from about her waist only....only to find that she had forgotten them...in fact she had forgotten all of her weapons.
As the dragons head descended towards her with its snarling fnags Sera has just enough time to hear Rilinea sneer "Must you always be so bloody useless Seraphim!" moments before the jaws clamped shut about her.

Waking with a sudden start she watches as Leo quickly leaves the room after having shouted something she didn't quite catch as he went, eternally thankful that she had only been dreaming though to be honest the dragon should have been a blatant clue to that.
Still rubbing the sleep from her eyes Sera finds herself facing the new boy Lecta as he spoke of his water abilities and how he could play the "hero" and extinguish the fire all by himself if she wanted him to, not that she was all too sure as to why that was her decision to make. Feeling extremely confused by this point she was relieved when Seamus called Lecta away with a few harsh words sparing her the need to answer as he rushed out of the door and transformed into a pelican before flying off.
Climbing out of the single bed she quickly pulls on her boots and tunic; the only articles of clothing she had been brave enough to remove in front of the others before going to bed the night before, then heads out of the front door to find herself alone with Rilinea the others having seemingly transformed into birds and left them for some unknown reason.
Taking a deep breath of the fresh early morning air Sera detects the barest hint of smoke as she breaths in There’s a fire somewhere...so that’s what he was talking about she thinks to herself finally making sense of what was going on around her.
Looking over at the other girl as they both stood outside the cabin she offers her a somewhat tentative smile before speaking "I guess we'd better guard the others stuff then?" Although she was capable of transforming into a bird she had no affinity with water and so would only get in the way if she was to follow them something she'd rather avoid to be honest"...also...I think Lecta just hit on me?"

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: We interrupt this tragedy filled post to bring you a short message: I've taken over Arthur (having warned jon about it) to post a description and get something out of the way)
Arthur
As he flew towards the forest something became clear. The forest fire was not natural. There were black demons in the air, flying about spraying fire from their hands, torching everything they hit. He HAD to get to his parents! He put on a burst of speed when the demons noticed him, and suddenly Riebald appeared in mid-air. Arthur pulled to a halt, seeing the man for the first time as only Leo had seen him back in the cavern. "Well well well." cackled Riebald "It seems our heroes have arrived. Of course, I'm only here in spirit, this is a projection of me."
"My parents are in there, if you harm them then I will kill you!" Arthur shouted at Riebald, more out of desperation than anything, but as soon as he uttered the words he wished he'd taken them back. "Your parents.... hmmmm," Riebald muttered, "Well then. See what happens to those who defy the Demon Changers!" His voice turned angry and he barked commands to one of the demons. Arthur flew at Riebald, only to go straight through the spirit. He flew towards the demon but was smashed back by a gust of air sending him spiralling out of control barely able to stay afloat. By this point Leo was closing in and could now see in clear detail what was happening.

A demon flew out of the forest clutching his parents, who Arthur recognised immediately, even though he had never seen them, as the resemblance was massive. Then another flew up with a younger girl, she must be his sister. "Now witness what happens when you defy the Demon Changers." The demon raised his hand towards his mother's struggling head and torched right through it, her entire body disintegrating. Arthur cried out "NO!" He began to fly when his father shouted out. "Arthur, I know it's you, I recognise your voice. I never got to tell you Arthur, but I love you. I love you, my son. Make us proud." Half a second later his father was disintegrated.

The girl, who was very young hadn't figured out what was going on until this point until she realised that she was next. She kicked and screamed as she disintegrated and crumbled into dust. Arthur screamed and hurtled himself towards the demons only to be flung back again, crashing to the forest floor turning back into a human whilst lying there. Leo flew down and turned human again, he picked up the unconscious Arthur and began to run. By this point the others were arriving. The demons saw the reinforcements and despite their apparent superior powers, decided not to risk it. The turned up towards the sky and flew off, vanishing into the clouds.

Leo stumbled out of the forest with Arthur who had suffered cuts and burns, as well as Leo. He saw Seamus and Lecta approaching. "Help..." he groaned before collapsing to his knees, sliding Arthur off his shoulders onto the ground.

Apelatia

After viewing the battle from afar, Lecta's old fear began to return. No, I can't leave the group now. Not right now...Don't be a coward Lecta! He was suddenly awakened from his mental battle by the sound of Leo groaning for help before he collapsed to his knees. Now this was a chance to prove to the nice girl that he was brave. He would show the group that he was a force to be feared. In his excitement over the prospect of arousing the interests of the nice girl, he completely lost control of his pelican form and transformed back into a human in midair. "What on earth?" He cried, as he began to crash downwards towards the forest floor. Images emerged before his eyes of green fields, sparkling sun rays dancing off the blue waters of the calm rivers. He had so much more to live for, it wasn't worth dying now...

Coming to his senses again, Lecta immediately transformed back into his pelican form, before landing near to the fire that the demons had caused. The intense heat of the flames dazzled Lecta's light complexion, causing him to grimace in pain. Concentrating his mind solely on his sea powers which he had practised so many times, he stretched his hand out in front of him and released a torrent of water that began to form into a huge solid wall of crashing water, destroying a large quantity of the fire. Lecta drew upon the last reserves of his strength to maintain the wall for a few extra seconds, but the time was gone...His last thought was of his weakness...What would the nice girl think of his failure? With that, Lecta fainted to the ground.

(OOC: I hope that is ok. The water destroyed a large quantity of the fire. If you don't like this Zem, feel free to say.)

DeletedUser13682

A weak cry for help was barely heard over the sound of bursting trees. In the distance, black crows were flying away. Behind him, the thick water changer was helping out. Seanus turned around to give an order, only to find the boy not there. Looking around, Seamus saw a body falling. No time to save the kid, must put out the fire first. If he survived the fall, Seamus might be able to save him later, only because of the healer's oath, mind you.

A few minutes later, Seamus had contained the fire and put a bit of it out. Suddenly, a wall of water appeared from nowhere, extinguishing about half of the fire. That was good, whoever it was. Seamus went to work putting the rest of it out. After around 20 minutes or more, the fire was out. Seamus was exhausted. He flew back to the safe house, and transformed back to human. "Fire's out," Seamus announced, before collapsing into a sleep on one of the beds.

DeletedUser31931

Leo
Leo dragged himself to his feet. He didn't want to leave Arthur but he had to. The fire had died down mostly now, and looked as if the rest could put itself out, they'd managed to stop it before it could take hold. With the last of his power he transformed and flew back before turning again seeing Rilinea, Seph and Sam still standing there. "Arthur and Lecta are still over there, help them." he said in a hoarse voice before collapsing into Sam's arms.

Sam
After the second girl came out, he nodded a greeting before turning his attention back to the fire. He attempted to see from afar what was going on, but he couldn't make out anything. He saw the boy, Seamus, return and collapse in bed and wondered where the rest were. He figured they must be finishing off the fire. Then Leo arrived and told them that Arthur and Lecta were still over there before collapsing into his arms. He spoke to Rilinea "I'll take Leo inside, you go on ahead and help the others, I'll be right with you." He hoisted Leo up and dropped him on one of the beds inside. "Have a rest mate, you deserve it." he chuckled to Leo, who was out for the count. As he exited, not seeing if the girls were still there, he saw Mandan lying as a panther in a tree. He turned into a Munchkin cat and climbed up the tree to where the panther was lying, upon which he promptly jumped on the panther's back before jumping away again further up the tree.

Deleted User - 819397

Mandan awoke suddenly when a weight landed on his body and then swiftly vanished. He snarled, looking around, and saw the munchkin cat. He glared at it a moment, then realized in his sleep he'd turned back into the panther. It must have been more comfortable as an animal, he decided. He gracefully jumped to the ground and stalked away, back towards the group, pointedly ignoring the one who woke him up. He shifted back to human form as he approached the cabin. Sera and the other girl were standing outside, Leo and the obnoxiously cheerful boy sleeping inside still. Mandan smirked at the realization there were lazier members of the group when it came to waking up than himself. The motion was lost under his facewrap, however. Nothing of particular interest seemed to be going on, so he leaned up against a tree outside, waiting for information on what the group was doing.

DeletedUser31931

Sam
Having seen Mandan jump down and transform back Sam followed suit "Nice to see you waking up in time to help the group put out the raging forest fire. Now if you'd like to help bring back Arthur and Lecta, that would be appreciated." He spoke to Mandan before turning into a monkey and scampering down the bridge as fast as his legs would carry him.

Apelatia

Dazed and totally spent, Lecta lay face down on the forest floor thinking of what could have been...He could still smell the smoke from the now nonexistent fire, but his total lack of energy prevented him from moving even his arm, so all he could do was lie there and hope to be rescued, though he doubted none of the group would even care. After all, he wasn't really a part of the group was he? Why should any of them even bat an eye at him? Feeling totally helpless, Lecta began to cry. He cried about everything he had ever cared about and all that mattered to him. None of it would ever be his again. He would die there that day, he was sure...No one cared, no one loved him. A sense of loss came over Lecta, as he lay there... There was nothing he could do. That was the plain fact of it.

DeletedUser31931

Sam
Sam arrived at the other end of the bridge still in monkey form to see Lecta and Arthur lying quite close to one another. He transformed into an elephant, before gently wrapping his trunk around Lecta and placing him upon his back, he then did the same for the unconscious Arthur, before carefully making his way back across the bridge.

Deleted User - 819397

So apparently all was not well. He'd missed something while he'd slept. The boy who woke him up was being condescending about it, but he'd been asleep and away from the others, so how could he have possibly known? He turned into the panther and followed the monkey to where the others were. Without saying anything he took Lecta from the boy and began to walk back with him. Annoying his companions may be, but he wasn't about to let them die.

DeletedUser28032

Everything seemed to happen in a blur all at once as first Leo returned from the forest telling them that Lecta and Arthur needed help closely followed by the boy Sam transforming into some kind of cat and disappearing into the trees with Seraphim calling "What’s going on? I can't see anything" and gaining nothing but worry in response.
As both Lecta and Arthur were brought out of the woods unconscious and blackened with smoke Seraphim wastes little time and rushes over to help Mandan carry Lecta back towards the cabin "What the hell happened in there? she asks again wondering how putting out a fire had resulted in the two of them passing out and wishing that she had been able to do more to help before whispering frantically into Lecta's ear "I am sorry Lecta...I didn't mean to be so useless I am so sorry"

DeletedUser31931

Sam
As they arrived back at the hut, Sam gently lifted Arthur from his back before turning human again and carrying him inside before laying him down. "Is anyone here a medic?" he asked the group. "I know a few things about medicine and herbs, but not that much, more things to deal with bruises etc."

Deleted User - 819397

With Sera's help, they got Lecta back to the cabin, putting him in one of the beds. Mandan simply shrugged when she asked what had happened...he had been sleeping, and was completely unaware of what had transpired. The new boy then asked if anyone was a medic. Glaring at him, not overly happy with his methods from earlier in waking him up and getting him to help, he shook his head. He didn't know anything about healing...he was Earth, and that kind of stuff was left to Water. Surely the fool knew that?

DeletedUser13682

Seamus woke up to the sound of somebody asking if there was a medic. Though not classically trained as such, Seamus was a water elemental who specialized in healing. He had to; his line of work, mechanics, caused many an injury that if not healed, could cause serious permanent negative results. Seamus sat on the edge of the bed, and groggingly spoke. "I am a medic, but I don't know how much use I'll be. I'm still worn out from putting out the fire."

Status
Not open for further replies.