Irulia: The Spirit Changers Quest

• Thread starter DeletedUser31931
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apelatia

Lecta looked into Sera's eyes, suddenly rooted to the spot for fear of what to do next. Eventually, he managed to muster the courage to say, "Let's go that way." Pointing in a direction to the north of their current position, Lecta gestured for Sera to come with him. He walked in silence for a couple of minutes, before finding a fallen tree lying across the ground. Satisfied that the tree would be a good place to sit and talk, he walked to it, then hoisted himself up onto it, and sat down and gathered his thoughts. His future might depend on what he said next... He would have to get it right... "Sera..." He began. "I feel I started off on the...wrong foot. I've acted immaturely, maybe even childishly. I beg your pardon for causing you to feel...uneasy. That...isn't how...I meant it to be." Lecta waited silently for Sera's response, constantly fidgeting with the hilt of his curved sword, which was attached to his belt.

DeletedUser31931

Sam
Before Lecta walked over Sam replied to Sera's question by saying "I don't know, but I don't think so, and if I discover they are, then I'll stop them, that's no way to treat anyone." Then when Lecta came over he listened and replied to Lecta "Sure, I'll leave you two in peace, but if you're playing any sort of trick on her, then you're answering to me." before he started heading off back to the camp ahead of the pair.

DeletedUser13682

For some reason, Leo believed that he arrived late to something; perhaps it was a party or training of some sort. "I'm sorry Leo," Seamus said. "As much as I would like to, I can't let you move now. You'll have to wait for Arthur to get back. Until then, sounds like you could use a drink." Seamus grabbed a third waterskin. "Here, drink up," the order given as the waterskin passed hands. As Seamus continued treatment, he tried to find out more about this thing that Leo was late to. "You know, Arthur probably doesn't hold anything against you. Whatever you were late to happened long ago, before we got into this mess. Still, if you feel bad about it still, I find talking about what happened relieves the pain and makes the apologizing easier."

DeletedUser31931

Leo
He croaked and drank the water before speaking again. "It didn't happen long ago, Seamus." he spoke, his throat was better now and he could talk properly, even if he still sounded a bit hoarse. "Arthur came from the forest, or so I assume. He saw his parents, and..." Leo faltered before gathering his courage up "and Riebald had them killed. There were demons causing the fire, they dragged out his parents and his sister and killed them. They would have killed us too, but they flew off when they saw you for some reason. You've got find Arthur, and help him, before he goes mad with rage."

DeletedUser13682

Leo's story was a bit hard to believe. Nobody knew their parents; Seamus wouldn't know his if he'd passed them on the street. Still, Arthur did run out and he did talk some weird words. "Alright. I'll look for Arthur. Need to treat him anyway. You stay put and let the water do its work." Seamus walked out of the door and turned into a puffin, flying over the forest for any sign of Arthur.

Arthur was discovered a while later, sitting against a tree. Seamus glided down in front of Arthur, and turned human. He noticed that Arthur was crying. "I heard what happened," Seamus said. He didn't know what to say, but anything was better than nothing. "I don't know what you're going through. But Reibald might have been faking it. He is the bad guy. And if he didn't fake it, well if I were you, I'd want revenge."

DeletedUser28032

"Sure...Ok" Sera warily replied to Lecta's suggested direction of travel, slowly walking a pace or two behind him, though not before throwing a terrified glance at Sam's retreating form.
Arriving at a fallen tree she positions herself on the opposite end to the boy just in case she needed to make a quick get away, the thought that this was all just a cruel joke still lurking within the back of her mind I could use my power and create half a dozen mirrors of myself and then run in different directions...he'd never know which one to follow She thinks to herself just as Lecta begins talking.
Feeling slightly stunned by the apology the only thing she seemed capable of saying in response was "oh" however realising that he both wanted deserved more of an answer than oh forced herself to start talking "Well...it was kind of a shock to hear all of that...though I could have probably reacted a little better"

Last edited by a moderator:

Apelatia

Lecta sat motionless on the fallen tree, staring at the floor. Sera had positioned herself on the opposite end of it, and seemed to be quite overwhelmed by the whole situation. Sam had threatened him before he walked off telling him that if this was a trick, then he would pay... Why would it be a trick? Is Sera...scared of me? What did I...do? Lecta jerked out of his momentary lapse of concentration when Sera addressed him properly for the first time, saying that she had been shocked upon hearing the...argument, but...that she could have acted a bit better... "I would have done the same under your circumstances... I don't blame you for wanting to run away. That's why I apologised... I didn't intend to scare you off..." Lecta sighed. How on earth was he going to say what he wanted to? Bile welled up inside his mouth as he contemplated the many ways he could go about these next few sentences.

Forcing himself to swallow the bile, Lecta started, "Sera, the...real reason I wanted to talk to you here...alone...was to..." This was too much... Jumping up from his sitting position, Lecta started to walk off, before he caught himself. What on earth was he doing? He couldn't let this one chance slip away just like that. Time to face his fears, and not be a coward for once. Turning around every so slowly, Lecta paced up to where Sera was sat and placed his left hand on her arm. Speaking softly, Lecta addressed her, "Sera, I know this might sound preposterous, but I can't bear it any longer... I have... feelings for you... Ever since I first looked into your eyes when I was...running away from those monsters, I have felt something for you... I can't believe I'm saying this, and I barely know you, but...I want to...get to know you better...I...I...I think I love you..." Lecta stopped, taken aback by what he had just said. The words had just...tumbled out of his mouth! Embarrassed, he looked straight at the floor, his cheeks a scarlet shade of red, thought he forgot to take his hand off of Sera's arm.

DeletedUser35174

Second by second Arthur's grief turned to anger, and from anger to rage. The memory kept replaying itself over and over in his mind, to the point where he knew every detail. Slowly his crying slowed to a quiet sob, sensing someone coming Arthur looked up and saw Seamus . "I heard what happened, I don't know what you're going through. But Reibald might have been faking it. He is the bad guy. And if he didn't fake it, well if I were you, I'd want revenge." said Seamus. Arthur took a moment to take in his words, his rage was at it's peak now, every part of his body cried for revenge. Standing up he walked towards Seamus, his face blank and expressionless Arthur stared at Seamus and growled "you're right... you don't know what i'm going through" his voice dead and without emotion. He walked past Seamus and made his way to the cabin, he was gonna retrieve his weapons and go that blasted Ultimate One's cave. After that he would have his revenge on Reibald. That he swore.

DeletedUser31931

Leo
As he saw Arthur walk in he spoke. "Arthur, I feel your pain. Don't leave the rest of the group, what if Reibald's minions find you alone? Last time they nearly killed us, what if you get captured again, how are you going to gain revenge? At least wait until I can come with you, and see if the others will. I want revenge for you just as badly." Leo's voice expressed that what he said was the truth and Arthur could see it in his eyes, Leo did just want to help.

Sam
He had slipped in quietly behind Arthur and heard Leo's speech. "I don't know what's happened to you, but I'll help. If Leo's with you then I am too."

DeletedUser35174

As Arthur entered the cabin he saw Leo on a bed, his leg badly burned, that was his fault. Leo risked his life to save his, as soon as Leo caught sight of Arthur he spoke "Arthur, I feel your pain. Don't leave the rest of the group, what if Reibald's minions find you alone? Last time they nearly killed us, what if you get captured again, how are you going to gain revenge? At least wait until I can come with you, and see if the others will. I want revenge for you just as badly." Arthur could see the truth in his eyes and his words, as he was about to walk over Sam walked in behind them and agreed to help too. Taking a good look at both men Arthur nodded, while he was walking to retrieve his weapons at the foot of the bed he lay in, he stopped and stared at leo. "you saved my life, and for that you have my eternal gratitude" whispered Arthur. Arthur's face stayed expressionless and blank, he would have tried to add a smile but he couldn't find the will to do so. Arthur picked up both of his Knives and strapped them to his belt, retrieving his bow and quiver he placed them on his back. "Sam, could you get everyone back, there's something you all should know" he asked Sam once he was fully equipped. His back ached but he ignored it, his only focus now was the Ultimate one and Reibald.

DeletedUser31931

Sam
He nodded in response to Arthur's question and slipped out, guessing that Arthur was going to call them there to tell them what had happened in the forest. He found Lecta and Sera first, with Lecta staring at the floor, a bright shade of scarlet and Sera looking abashed. "Um, guys, sorry to ruin the moment, but Arthur wants everyone, so you might... uh... want to get back to the cabin before he takes off." He quickly slipped away, his own secret burning into his brain. He found Seamus next and told him "Arthur wants everyone in the cabin, don't ask me, I think he's about to go on a revenge mission for whatever happened. Come on." He set off back towards the cabin at a jog.

DeletedUser13682

Maybe revenge wasn't the best word to say. Seamus was never good with words, and now that shortcoming was biting him in the rear. Arthur ran away from the scene, heading back to the cabin, hopefully. As Seamus walked back, he ran into Sam, who announced that Arthur wanted everyone back. He wanted revenge and it was Seamus's fault. He ran back after Sam, with intent to stop Arthur from his suicide mission.

DeletedUser28032

At first Seraphim had been confused by the boys curious manner; the way he struggled to speak and even once got up as if to leave only to return, sitting beside her with his hand resting upon her arm. However at the sudden and unexpected outpouring of emotion and propositions of love Sera could feel the colour draining from out of her cheeks as she sat there in stunned shock, her mind refusing to process anything and her lips feeling as if they had been glued shut "But...but you don't know me..." she finally said in a faint voice, saying the only thing that came to mind.
Thankfully however it was at this point that Sam arrived telling them that they were needed elsewhere, seizing the excuse Sera quickly gets up and makes to follow Sam calling to the other boy "Come on Lecta lets get going" as she did so. She needed time, time to think, time to compose herself and come up with a response, time for the ground to swallow her whole oh why did the boys have to become interested in me now!?

Deleted User - 819397

Mandan had followed Lecta and Sera in frog from, making sure to not be seen. This form was the hardest to identify him in, but he knew Sera had seen it before during one of the training sessions they'd done, so he didn't want to take the chance. He watched from a nearby tree as Lecta pronounced his feelings in a rather blatant way, something that might have worked were it not for the fact they didn't know each other that well, something he was glad to see Sera picked up on. That's right...deny him...then I only have Seamus to go through...he thought, shifting slightly as he did so. Sam then showed up and told them that Arthur was calling them all together, something that surprised Mandan, as he had figured Leo had assumed the leadership role, not that it mattered one way or another. Sera left first, still looking confused. Mandan hopped off the tree, returning to human form. He made sure Lecta saw him before shaking his head in a clearly amused manner, his normally harsh eyes sparkling in amusement, though the cloth on his face hadn't moved, meaning he wasn't smiling. Without a word, he turned into the panther and loped off in a direction that would eventually take him back to the group, albeit making it look like he came from elsewhere, thus not arousing Sera's suspicion that he was watching the scene. Knowledge was power, and he was loathe to give up his knowledge about the events unfolding thus far.

Apelatia

Lecta considered what had just happened with a sense of confused bewilderment. Frowning, he silently cursed himself for uttering that last fatal line. If only I hadn't been so damned stupid... He hadn't meant to tell Sera he loved her, only to let her know that he wanted to get to know her better was all. What he had done might have destroyed any hope of a relationship. Sera's words had pressed down on him like a mountain: "But...but you don't know me..." It was all true... He didn't know her, yet...he had feelings for her. What stupidity...

In the brief silence that had followed, Sam had appeared, looking awkward and uncomfortable in the presence of himself and Sera... The intruder had asked them to return to the cabin because they had been summoned by Arthur. Arthur, of all people... The mad, raving lunatic he had become. What was he wanting to do now? Sera seemed eager to get away from Lecta, so took the opportunity to follow Sam, calling over her shoulder for him to follow her. Lecta got up to follow her, then he freezed. The quiet boy had emerged from the form of a frog in front of him, shaking his head while giving Lecta an amused look. Lecta scowled darkly. He must have been watching the entire thing... That nosy, little...... So long as the quiet boy was interfering, Lecta wouldn't feel comfortable around Sera at all... The boy then disappeared into the trees, albeit in a different direction to where Sera and Sam were heading... He must be scared that Sera will see him... What a coward indeed... At least I had the nerve to tell Sera how I felt... Still engulfed in his foul mood, Lecta wandered after Sera, thoughts of what had happened in the past few minutes tumbling over each other in his head. "Coming..." He muttered in response to Sera.

Last edited:

DeletedUser35174

Arthur waited until everyone made their way back to the cabin. "I met the ultimate one, while i was..." he pointed to the bed".. there. He told me he lived in a cave and eibald's magic held him from escaping. The only way to kill Reibald is to rescue him...... I leave once Leo's legs are healed, you all have till then to decide if you're coming or not." Arthur spoke, his voice blank of any emotion and his face expression less and hard as stone. Once he said his fill he walked out of the cabin and made his way to the clearing he had found earlier, he wanted quiet and peace.

DeletedUser28032

He...he loves me!? No this has to be a joke? Surely he can't mean that I mean we've never even spoken to one another but...what if it isn't a joke? What if he...he's telling the truth? The thoughts ran through her mind in an endless loop causing her to lose all focus on what was going on and making her just a little giddy over it all.
Arriving at the cabin with the others Seraphim listens as Arthur delivers the ultimatum for them to either join him on his quest to free the ultimate one or to leave the group before turning to leave "Wait! You can't just spring this on us how do we even know it was the ultimate one? In fact how do we even know he even exists?" she called after him once again finding her future bound by a mysterious vision.
"We can't let him go, he's not well we need to help him" she said turning to face the rest of the group with a look of concern on her face, not at all liking the vibe she'd gotten from the deeply troubled Arthur.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apelatia

Lecta frowned. His mind was already creating an annoying buzzing noise which was irritating him beyond belief. He was scared...scared of what he would do should Sera decide to reject his advances. That would...destroy me... Lecta groaned inwardly, all his hopes now rested on what Sera came up with as an answer. He looked at her wearily, trying to gauge what her reaction might be, but to no avail. Looking away, he considered what Arthur had just said. He had told them about his 'vision' and that he was going to find the Ultimate One as soon as Leo's legs had healed. Sera's thoughts on the matter only strengthened Lecta's doubts about the whole thing. He had agreed to go the first time, on the off chance that that had been a one-off that the Ultimate One had appeared in front of the Spirit Changers. Now this was just getting suspicious. "I'm with Sera on this..." Lecta gazed at the floor, trying to calm himself before he turned red in front of the other two who seemed to have affections for her too... "Arthur isn't well. We need to...help him. He can't have seen the Ultimate One. I mean...once might have been true, but not twice. No, this is too much. It had to be a trick!" Lecta exhaled slowly, and continued calming himself. His heart still hadn't stopped beating like a bongo drum.

Deleted User - 819397

As the panther loped through the wooded area, Mandan thought furiously. Why was he acting so irrationally? He didn't need anyone...his parents had abandoned him...he'd grown up alone, purposely distanced himself from the others...why was he beginning to think that perhaps that wasn't right anymore? The thought was just...wrong. Reliance on another person wasn't his way. He was a loner, and that had worked quite well up to this point. Why...why was he thinking this way? He started to get angry, though he didn't know why. No. He was being foolish. Sera was a reliable sparring partner. That was it. That...was the only thing. Nothing else was correct. Nothing.

He returned to the cabin just in time to hear Arthur's rant about this stupid ultimate one again. Oh, that was just convenient...the only way to stop Reibald was to go to the very place most of them didn't want to go to? Yep, THAT seemed safe. Fortunately, both Sera and Lecta seemed to agree with that opinion and spoke against the plan. He simply nodded in agreement, not wanting to speak up. He agreed, and he didn't need to say why. That would be pointless.

DeletedUser13682

Arthur, why did you have to do this? thought Seamus. Sure it might have been partially his fault, but he didn't think Arthur would lose it, especially like this. After Arthur had explained his plan, left, Sera had spoken against it, and Lecta agreed (only because it was Sera), Seamus spoke up. "It's clear Arthur is in a lot of stress. I will go talk to him. I'm the closest thing to a psych we got. I'll maybe need some help. Sera, you mind joining?" Seamus began to walk out of the cabin before anyone could say anything against the plan. As he passed Lecta, he whispered, "I know what you did. Deal's off." It was obvious that Lecta had confessed his love for her. He and Seamus had a deal; none of that. Now he broke it in the first hour. Time to hopefully get ahead of Lecta and keep him out for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.