Irulia: The Spirit Changers Quest

• Thread starter DeletedUser31931
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31931

As Mandan lectured, Sam seemed more despondent, showing the truth in Mandan's words. As the teen began to move off, Sam spoke gently and quietly, yet loud enough for Mandan to hear. "You're right on the second point, I can't... I can't deal with this alone... But that's why I want to help you, because it's what he... what Leo would have wanted. Leo would have tried to help, Leo would have tried to be nice and so I figured, if I could help you, maybe being a bit more like him, maybe it'd help. I want to help you, I want to try and make things better for you, not only because it's worth it to help one person, but because in the same way it may well help me." Sam stopped for a second and brushed a tear away from his left eye. "I miss Leo, I do. I'm never going to see his stupid goofy grin again, but I can keep him in here," The teen tapped his chest, "and to do so I want to help you and the others and do what's right. If we work through this and we go on to help the world, that's what he wanted and that's what I want. I can't claim to have the most noble and pure reasons for helping, but I still want to, please?" Sam looked up from the ground and stared at Mandan, his face close to the point of breaking into tears and begging Mandan to let Sam help him.

DeletedUser28032

A frown momentarily creased Seraphim’s face as she tried to decipher what Lecta was talking about until finally understanding where the confusion was “oh I meant thank you for saying yes and you know…not laughing at me…though…err…if any of the other girls ask you asked me ok?” she didn’t know how they would react should they ever discover that she’d had to find her own date "...and you may regret offering to help me, I don't think I am going to be much good at anything for a while" she added quietly before turning to head towards the campfire.
With the smell of salt pork gently cooking over the campfire Seraphim carefully sat down upon the grass only slightly taken aback when Seamus told her that there was nothing for her to do and sounding rather irritable in the process "Oh...well I could take the first watch if you like" she suggested quietly wanting to make up for her earlier blunder with the stick and prove that she wasn't just extra baggage for them to carry, though realising how silly her suggestion must have sounded hurriedly added "...in animal form obviously I mean it would be silly otherwise" she said laughing uneasily before deciding to change the topic entirely "could one of you pass me some food please...I...I don't really want to risk the fire" she was pretty sure she knew where the cooking pot was and was certain where the fire was but as for the spoon with which to serve herself a helping...no chance.

Deleted User - 819397

Mandan stopped as Sam amended his earlier statement. He now claimed to not be able to get through Leo's death alone, but that all the help he'd need would be helping Mandan, as he'd be carrying on Leo's drive to help make the world a better place. Several emotions fought their way through the dark boy…he didn't know how to react…partly because certainty was something he didn't have anymore, and partly because the other boy had struck a nerve. Finally, he decided on what course of action he would take, though he didn't like it. To be truthful none of the options appealed to him, but this was the most tolerable. In a quiet voice, and without turning around, Mandan stated, "You can try…I don't believe there is anything you can do to help, as my injuries are purely internal and self-inflicted, but you can try." With that, he began to walk back in the direction of where they'd left the others, this time without the intention of stopping should any response come. He didn't need or want to hear words of thanks…in fact such things would just irritate him…he was doing this for Sam…let the boy try…that way, when things didn't work out, as Mandan fully expected to happen, Sam could at least comfort himself with the knowledge that he'd done something to try to help…he knew he was a failed person…he figured it was only a matter of time before the other boy did as well.

Apelatia

Lectanus mused silently over what Sera had said to him. The complete randomness of the request still surprised him, and her thank you had been even more strange. Thanking him for not laughing at her. Why would he have ever done that? He quickly dismissed the thought, putting it down to Sera being silly. Though, her next statement amused him, as she told him that if any of 'the girls' asked him about the incident, he was supposed to say that 'he had asked her'. That thought put a smile on his face. Sera certainly was taking drastic steps to ensure that she wasn't ridiculed by those whom she was acquainted with...

He was frustrated though that she seemed to think that he would regret offering to help her. What else did he have to say to make it clear that she meant something to him? Perhaps the old phrase, 'actions speak louder than words' would have to be brought into play... Not that he knew how he could show that he did care... It was as he sat there munching then, that he listened carefully to Seamus' and Sera's conversation, placing a small bowl of some soup carefully in Sera's hands somewhere in the midst of the talking. Lecta noticed that Seamus seemed strangely irritated. His usual way of talking was not showing this evening. That was for sure. Deciding to leave the matter to see if it continued, Lecta responded instead to Sera's offer to take first watch. "That sounds fine to me. You can always wake me when necessary and I can...take over from you. How does that sound to you...Sera?"

DeletedUser31931

Sam

As Mandan didn't respond, Sam waited, the tension almost palpable in the air. As Mandan consented to Sam helping, he left and this time the boy did nothing to stop him. Sam watched Mandan walked and he knew this was going to be tough. Everything about Mandan radiated his lack of confidence from his posture to his attitude. This was going to be a long upwards struggle, but he was going to succeed and he was going to help Mandan. If he could do that and if he could make the world a better place, in his heart that might make up for the loss the world had endured with the death of his love.

As he saw Mandan disappear, he got up and began to walk back to the camp. He knew the other boy would arrive back first but that would give him the chance to say anything he wanted to before Sam arrived, Sam could live with that. Now he just had to be patient and more importantly be there, he couldn't force any change on Mandan, Mandan had to do that himself, but Sam could be there for him.

DeletedUser28032

Only fumbling the bowl slightly when it was handed to her; unused to having to handle objects through touch alone and extremely thankful that it hadn't been filled to the brim, a small smile appears on her face as she smells the food within "Thank you Lecta" she says using the direction from which the bowl had arrived along with the fact that it felt like Lecta if that made sense to guess the owners name.
Cautiously blowing over the spoonful of soup Sera eats the simple meal enjoying it immensely after having gone so long without eating, unaware of how hungry she was until this point in time "I wouldn't worry if I was you Lecta...if its necessary for me to wake you then I’ll be waking ALL of you....but its kind of you to offer" she liked having Lecta around, almost as much as she grown to like having Mandan around. However where Mandan made her feel safe with his brooding presence; although this same brooding presence was also somewhat unnerving and just a little frightening with the few words he did utter to her making her feel like an equal and that he wouldn't treat her like she was made of glass or a complete idiot, Lecta...Lecta was nice to her with no obvious ulterior motive which made her feel...she wasn't sure. Her feelings towards Lecta were a confused mess that boiled down to what he'd said to her within the clearing and her old fears and insecurities telling her that it surely must have been part of the same cruel joke played by Seamus. But then again Seamus claimed it hadn't been a joke and that his poorly thought out and ill conceived words and feelings had been genuine if rather short lived so what if...what if Lecta had been telling the truth also?
It was as these rather worrying thoughts were running around her head that she sensed the arrival of another, smiling cheerfully as she called out "Hi Mandan...have you been out being a panther again?" the blonde girl tapping the ground beside her hoping he'd understand her silent invitation "Lecta and myself were just agreeing on the watch shifts, since he's been so kind to take the one after mine would you like to take the third?"

Deleted User - 819397

Mandan forlornly returned to the group, already regretting having told Sam he could try to help him…he was a lost cause…why couldn't the boy see it? As he walked up, Sera uncannily picked him out and happily greeted him, asking if he'd been skulking around as a panther again. While clearly not intended to be anything other than curious, the words cut the dark boy deeply…he quickly tried to transform again, with the result not changing…he was unable to manage it. Forcing back the tears which once again threatened to spill from his eyes, he slowly moved to where Sera had indicated he sit, listening to her asking if he would mind taking the third watch. In a voice barely above a whisper, he managed, "I can do that, yes." He made no motion to get food…he had no appetite, didn't feel hungry. He simply hoped that he wasn't failed enough to botch his watch…if someone else got killed because of him…he'd be utterly, entirely lost. He was doomed already…letting another of these people, his only family, die…it would only hasten the process.

DeletedUser28032

Identifying Mandan as the person approaching them had been easy for the blonde though hearing his voice had still filled her with the quiet satisfaction that came with being right. Where the others she could kind of identify by the amount of noise they made coupled with the way they walked and breathed, Mandan moved as quietly as the panther he favoured meaning that all Seraphim had to do was listen for the approaching sphere of silence, though listening to the way he talked it was clear that something wasn't quite right with the boy. Cautiously shuffling over to sit right beside him Sera leans in to put an arm about his shoulders as she asked in a very low voice "Are you ok Mandan? Your not sounding yourself at the moment" the girl genuinely concerned about him and willing to help if he let her. Though she suspected he wouldn't, which was a shame because despite his brooding demeanour he was rather nice and she hated to see him upset, because although he probably didn’t realise this, him letting her spar with him had always meant a lot to her. For a girl that spent most of her time being teased any kindness no matter how small meant a lot to her and she meant to return the kindness if she could.

Deleted User - 819397

Nothing quite prepared Mandan for Sera's arm suddenly wrapping about his shoulders…he knew it was a harmless gesture and tried not to stiffen or pull away, but even though he succeeded in those areas he could not resist becoming unnaturally still. Even though there was no skin-to-skin contact, he was unused to being so close to someone, to have them touch him beyond a brief handshake…and yet, just as Sam's hugs had broken his aura of control after he passed the initial shock, so too did Sera's embrace. She asked in a very quiet voice if he was ok, her tone clearly conveying concern. The dark boy's initial reaction was one of dejection…was he truly that clearly bothered? Gods, he was pathetic…in a scant few hours he'd gone from strong, silent, and in control to someone worthy of pity…this revelation disgusted him…how could he be such a failure?

He was about to pull away from Sera, to claim everything was fine, to try to pick up the pieces he'd made of his demeanor, but something stopped him. The blinded girl had been one of the few who had always been tolerant of him…and now she was depending on him to be someone she could count on to be there for her…surely rebuffing her so strongly would do more harm than good? And yet he didn't want her to suffer the realization that he was a mockery of a human being when she tried to help…Sam wasn't going to accept no for an answer, that was part of the reason he had agreed to let him try…but surely Sera deserved better? Choosing his words carefully, and in a somewhat more stable voice, he murmured, "Truthfully, no…The 'Ultimate One' told me that my base perception of the world, that which I formed the foundation of my very existence, was not only wrong, but self-destructive…that if I didn't change, I would die. I…" for a moment, Mandan's voice wavered as his thoughts reminded him of the painful fact that merely removing his gloves had left him in this state. "I…I've attempted to make a step towards changing, and it has unmade me. I...I do not...believe I can do it." As soon as the dark boy said that, he inwardly cursed. You idiot, you were supposed to say you DIDN'T need her help…now she'll insist! FOOL! he berated himself. Having talked himself into a corner, he didn't try to correct the situation, merely waited for the seemingly inevitable response…

DeletedUser28032

It wasn't until after she'd placed her arm about his shoulders meaning the gesture to be comforting that she remembered how...uneasy...Mandan was about physical contact although to his credit he didn't shrug her arm off or make any comment concerning the gesture.
Silently listening as he whispered back to her with her head slightly bowed Sera couldn't help but feel sorry for him she shouldn't have said that to him...that was cruel she mentally sighed wondering how best to comfort him and undo some of the hurt inflicted by the ultimate one "oh Mandan...you shouldn't force yourself to change just because she says you should as you'll only make yourself miserable" she said in a soft soothing voice "...only change if you want to change Mandan and do so on your own terms...oh and never mind what she says I've always liked you for who you were and what you did for me and I think you are more than capable of doing whatever you put your mind to...after all you managed to teach me to fight despite how useless I was!" she said, ending with a short laugh; removing her arm from about his shoulder to give his hand a single squeeze and finding herself quite shocked when she found bare skin oh gods! I am not sat next to the wrong person am I? she panics suddenly doubting the mental picture she'd painted no, it has to be Mandan because Lecta is on the other side of me and...and Seamus...is...is by the fire...wait is this the change he spoke of? "Mandan...have you taken off your gloves?" she asks in an unsteady voice knowing that if he said no then the entire picture of the world around her that she had constructed would shatter and she would be plunged into darkness once again.

DeletedUser13682

Seamus sat quietly eating his food, while the rest of the group discussed watches and other things. Mandan and Sam had returned from their talk and begun eating as well. Sera had volunteered to take the first watch, Lecta the second, and Mandan the third. “Yes, that’s fine,” Seamus said, speaking just loud enough to be heard over the other conversations. He didn’t care what they were talking about. “I’ll take last watch. We should have about 8 hours before the sun rises, but we’ll want to be moving by then. I’ll wake everyone up at twilight. If you have rough internal clocks or can guess time from the sky, use that. I wish we had a clock with us, but the best advice I can offer is wake up the next person when it feels like two hours have passed. If you need anything else, I’ll be trying to sleep.”

Seamus walked out of the campfire’s glow with pack in hand and sat down against a nearby tree. Seamus was feeling very irritated at the moment, and he didn’t know why. Normally, whenever he felt upset, he’d just light up his pipe and let the drifting smoke take his anger away. Unfortunately, he had lost it somewhere along their journey, as he discovered with horror in the shack in the woods. With no pipe, Seamus decided that sleep would be the next best option. He rummaged in his pack until he pulled out a thin blanket, and covered himself, using the pack as a pillow. As he closed his eyes, Seamus hoped that tomorrow would be a less irritable day.

Deleted User - 819397

At first, Sera's words fell on deaf ears. "What choice do I have though, if the alternative is death?" Mandan protested weakly. However, as she continued to talk to him, saying that she appreciated what he'd done for her…helping her learn how to fight. He was somewhat shocked that she'd looked forward to their sparring matches as he had. For him it had been some of the only human contact he'd had…his demeanor and clothes had distanced him from everyone on purpose, but on some level he'd still desired contact…the bouts with Sera had provided this. He'd never imagined that she was just as glad for them, albeit for a rather different reason. Perhaps he wasn't useless after all…even in the days where he'd scorned most all human contact, he'd been a positive influence…had someone who cared about him. Someone who'd seen through his front to the person within. Tears threatened to come forth again, but this time for a rather different reason. Someone cared…someone had cared for a long time, far before all this had happened…

It was at this point that Mandan was shaken out of this train of thought by Sera grabbing his hand. As vulnerable as he felt at the moment, this felt as though she was touching his soul rather than a simple appendage. He tensed, working against his instincts to pull away, knowing that any such motion could easily destabilize the blind girl holding his hand. Sera herself seemed uncertain, asking if he had removed his gloves. Of course, she hadn't known, as he hadn't mentioned anything about it. "Yes…that's what I did to try to start to change…it…it is so strange being able to feel things directly…unless I was bathing…I haven't done this since I was…six I think…it is…a truly frightening sensation…" As he talked, his hand became more and more relaxed, his skin becoming accustomed to the sensation of someone else holding it. His mind was able to return to the fact that someone had appreciated him for who he was…perhaps he wasn't failed after all…

DeletedUser28032

Seraphim gave an audible sigh of relief when Mandan confirmed that he had in fact removed his gloves as part of him changing who he was; the image in her head that had wavering and on the point of dissolving entirely into darkness solidifying once again “oh that’s good I thought I’d seriously messed up for a second there” she said with an embarrassed smile as her hand began to gently explore that of Mandan’s; feeling the shape of his fingers, the texture of his skin and the beat of the pulse beneath it “you should stick with this change Mandan, this feels nice” she’d never thought anything of him wearing gloves before and other than the few times he’d helped her up off of the floor having knocked her down in the current bout he’d never really touched her, but this, this felt nice and made him seem just little less intimidating.
She sat beside him in silence holding his hand for several minutes before reluctantly letting go “I’d better start my watch, and Mandan please don’t make yourself miserable you can always talk to me I meant it when I said I wanted to be your sister” she said softly before cautiously standing up straight.
Taking a deep breath she wills herself to change shape to that of a Dire wolf; its fur a silvery blonde with eyes that were almost purple in colour.
After giving hers a few moments to adjust to sight once again she lopes out into the surrounding trees, the wolf wouldn’t be able to sit still for long so she’d patrol the area around the camp and if the opportunity arose do some hunting, although that may be the wolf talking. Once her shift was up she’d gently awaken Lecta; being sure to do so in human form so as not to scare the living daylights out of him before settling herself down to sleep by the fire.

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: WOOT! GO SERA/MANDAN!)
Sam
The boy came quietly back into camp and sat down with the others, accepting the offered food and eating it with clear relish. After he was done eating, he excused himself saying that he wanted to go and sit by Leo's grave, offering to take watch after Lecta and then without waiting for a response he left. After sitting by Leo's grave for about half an hour, Sam walked back into camp and told Seamus that he was going to go sleep in the tree where he had buried Leo, the boy's voice making it clear that no was not an answer. He left the camp again and transformed into the monkey, clambering the tree he fell asleep in the branches.

Sera
Nothing approached the camp in the entirety of the evening, her sense picked up a few rabbits and other wildlife, however, there were no signs of human life in the region aside from the slight smell of corpses that had already begun to rot over the course of the afternoon.

The Demon Changers Cave
Two unconscious bodies were dragged out of the vats from where they had been previously. The lava was gone now, it had been absorbed into their souls as the two spirit changers had absorbed the Demon souls, fuelled by fire and hatred their skin cracked and their eyes turned fire red. Rilinea remained asleep and was dragged off to her cell, whereupon she would be brainwashed, her basic ideals destroyed until she was but a mere pawn of the Demon Changers.

The story with Arthur was, however, slightly different. As the boy had his hair shaved he awoke, his anger fuelling him the point of destruction. A man should never experience anger, not like the pain he felt. With any Demon changer the brainwashing is necessary, it is the only thing that brings them under control and can contain their rage. In this state Arthur fed off of the power of the Demons, they in return fed off of his anger and hatred towards everything, the goals of the Demons mixed with his own. The Acolytes rushed to restrain him but to no avail, he was too powerful for them and an explosion of black smoke demolished a hole in the side of the mountain. Reibald, awakened from his slumber, ran towards the explosion to witness the commotion that had occurred. As the two men faced off against one another, wisps of smoke waved around the fists of Arthur as he stood face to face with the man who was responsible for his losses. He slammed his fist into the ground and a tendril of smoke ran it's way along the floor straight at the Demon Leader. The mountain shook, as the Reibald sent the attack dispersing around it.

Explosions rocked the mountain as Arthur expended his energy, hot red magma and the black death smoke of Demons flying straight out of his fists, an unbridled power that could destroy almost anything in its wake. Reibald called upon his Lieutenants, however, and this forced Arthur into a retreat, the Demons seizing control and forcing him to flee the boy leapt out, arriving in the desert and landed. He decided to head for the nearest town, by his reckoning it was Rakasi, there he could find more souls and increase his power and then... then he have his REVENGE! And as he uttered the words a column of smoke erupted into the air, a minor earthquake occurring across the desert that would alert all travellers in the vicinity to something being there.

(OOC: Just a quick clarification on geography. Arthur has landed in the small stretch between Enylia and the Wetlands. The area around Enylia is a desert/plains biome which is what you guys are on, as you head more towards the south east it becomes more desert-like (in terms of less rainfall etc.) The reason Enylia exists is that it was founded on a oasis (I was going to get to that later but whatever), however, since Arthur has landed closer to Rakasi he's heading there, also I don't want you lot to meet up with him just yet. Also where he has landed it over a day's travel away from the group, about the same distance lies between the group and Enylia as it does between them and Arthur.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28032

(OOC: WOOT?)

Seraphim awoke gently to the sound of birds singing in the trees signalling to her that it was morning, or dawn at the very least. Stretching her arms she gives herself a few moments to get her bearings; listening to the sounds of the birds, the smell of the nearby campfire now nothing more than a smouldering ruin and the sound of whoever had been on the final watch Seamus...Seamus had final watch...didn't he? She wasn't sure and couldn't actually remember what had been said last night, though there was a strange coppery taste in her mouth. It was at this point that she remembered the rabbits prompting a look of disgust to appear on her face stupid wolf.
Unsure as to how many of them were actually awake she directs her voice towards the other person speaking softly so as not to disturb anyone else, if there was anyone to disturb that was "Good morning....erm...it is morning right?"

Apelatia

Lectanus' night watch shift went without event. Sera had woken him gently, and he had been slightly startled at the time, being on edge as he was at the present. As he had slowly patrolled the area around the campfire, it had occurred to him that he could not fathom why it was that his reflexes had suddenly heightened to such an extent. That he was anxious about recent events was understandable, but this was too much. Towards the end of his stint, he had realised however that part of it was an...anxiety about his relations with Sera, which had been troubling him for quite a while. His whole relationship with her seemed to be a large, tangled mess. One minute, she was acting strangely towards him, the next she was asking him to a dance, and the Winter Dance at that. At the end of his shift, he looked up at the sky, and whispered softly, "I need to understand..." This done, he woke the next person up, and fell asleep immediately.

As he once again fell into the pit of slumber, Lecta's dreams took him, and tossed his mind into a turmoil. He had heard in the past that these kind of dreams were referred to as 'nightmares', but he had never had the misfortune of experiencing one himself until this day. Before him, he saw himself standing alone above an empty plain, the whole group lying before him, all on the verge of death, but still conscious. Unharmed himself, he heard their plaintive cries for him to heal them with his 'sea gift'. Try as he might, Lecta found himself unable to do so, and instead told them that 'he could not, because he was not able to'. In return, they all cursed him, and wished death upon him for betraying them...

Lecta awoke with a start, sitting bolt upright, and breathing heavily. Shocked by his dream, he immediately shouted in a scared voice, "No, please no...". His...nightmare had scared him. Was that a prediction of a future event? Unable to bear the thought of Sera and Seamus hating him, he instead placed his head between his knees and rocked backwards and forwards, trying to contain his emotions. The Ultimate One had said that he would need to learn confidence. That was definitely what he most lacked at present...

Deleted User - 819397

Despite his slightly more positive outlook, Mandan found sleep nigh on impossible. Sera's statement that she wanted to talk with him when he was struggling...that she'd meant wanting to be his sister...the feel of her hand probing his...the light generated by this occurrence didn't illuminate the darkness his life had become, it merely was a point of brightness, a potential guiding light. He wasn't convinced he was safe from this untimely death that The Ultimate One had promised...and he knew that further attempts to change who he was would only snuff out the little light he had. Sera had said to change on his own terms, but he couldn't do that safely, as his life had been generated around the outlook that he was alone, that no one wanted him...

These thoughts kept him up, sleep eluding him. Thus, when Lecta finished his watch he rose, motioning to let Sam sleep. He'd manage. He attempted to turn into his panther, but it continued to be beyond his abilities. Scowling, he instead began keeping close watch as a human, thoughts continuing to swirl...who was right? The Ultimate One, or Sera? The two conflicted on his need to change...his friend...sister...said that the change he'd made was good and he should keep it, but said that anything else needed to be on his terms. The mysterious figure disagreed, saying he had to change or die. Who was right? Was he fundamentally flawed as the Ultimate One believed, or was he a good person who was simply a little closed off, as Sera had implied? He didn't know...but he did recognize that the wrong choice could literally kill him.

Towards the end of his watch, light began to appear on the horizon. As this happened, Lecta jolted awake, clearly suffering from a nightmare as evidenced by his yelling. Sera woke too, saying good morning. "Morning...yes, it's just after dawn," he murmured in response. He was tired, having not slept, but knew that even if he dared ask to rest, and if they allowed him to, he would find no sleep. He needed to find some form of internal peace first...he'd just have to take extra efforts to remain alert.

DeletedUser28032

Hearing Mandan’s voice confirm that it was indeed morning Seraphim was about to respond when a terror filled voice shouted somewhere nearby causing the girl to try and scramble to her feet whilst simultaneously grasp for weapons that were no longer at her hip, her actions resulting in her falling to the ground as she tripped over her own feet. It was as she lay on the ground panting that she was able to analyse exactly what had happened and realise that it had only been Lecta waking from a dream “Lecta!...you scared me half to death!” she shouted trying to stop her heart from bursting from out of her chest; the thought of how stupid she must have looked doing little to help matters oh gods I hope I don’t get this jumpy over every single noise I hear! She silently lamented before pulling herself back up into a sitting position “Ok…well seen as it no longer feels like I am having a heart attack would you like to tell me about it?” she asked directing the question in Lecta’s direction …or at least where he had been a few moments ago “…failing that perhaps we could have some breakfast before we start walking again?”

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

A strange battle. Flashing lights everywhere, causing fire wherever they hit. Faint sounds of trumpets could be heard. Strange, spiderlike monstrosities could be seen crawling along buildings taller than any cathedral. A young woman with blonde hair was stumbling toward him, a hand trying to cover the blood pouring from her arm, staining her green uniform. Seamus knew not what this place was, how he got there, or what was going on in this place. He knew he needed to escape this place before he got killed. The ground in front of the woman collapsed, her screams the only trace that she had been there.

Seamus woke up with a start, his head nearly colliding with a low hanging branch. That scream hadn’t just been in his dream, it had happened in real life as well. But where had it come from? Seamus drew his sword and headed back to the camp to investigate. Lecta was experiencing a cold sweat, Sera was yelling about being scared by him, and Mandan was muttering something about morning. Seamus looked to the sky and saw that the Sun was already rising over the horizon, shedding golden light all over the place. He had overslept. More importantly, the camp situation seemed to be nothing more than a bad dream.

“You were supposed to wake me a couple hours before dawn, Mandan,” Seamus stated, sheathing his sword as he did so. “It’s important to get enough sleep to stay alert during the day.” The fire was almost out, but still burning. It would be easy to bring it back up again. But it was already dawn, and the group needed to continue moving. They should have left by now. “I hate to say it, but we won’t have time for a hot breakfast. We need to get to Enylia as soon as possible, and we also need to move quickly. Staying in one place for too long means we have a higher chance of getting caught. 20 minutes to pack up, then we’re on the move. We can eat breakfast while we walk.” Seamus headed back to sleeping place and placed everything he had taken out back into his pack. After he was satisfied with how the pack rode on his shoulders, and 20 minutes had passed, Seamus headed back to the main group. “Alright, it’s time to go. Allons-y.”

Apelatia

Lectanus groaned miserably as he continued to rock backwards and forwards. Trying to dispel the nightmare from his head was not something which he could admit to having attempted before, what with the apparent rarity of then in Irulia. At least...he'd never had one until now. It was as he was trying to calm himself that he realised that his sudden exclamation had scared Sera half to death and caused her to get up, trip over something, and then collape onto the floor. After she'd finished speaking, he sighed, then muttered "Sorry..." In a small voice... She then asked if he wanted to tell her about it. This sent a wave of fear up his spine, causing him to uncurl himself and look round dazedly at his...companions. He recalled the incident when Mandan had...almost found out about his lack of ability to heal... That was NOT something that he was prepared to reveal to the group as a whole. After casting another fearful look around, he answered slowly... "I...not now...tell you...later...maybe..." At this point, he was thankful that Sera was unable to see his face, as a look of awkward fear spread across it.

Intent on avoiding further conversation about the topic, he jumped up, before exclaiming in a voice that was so obviously put on, "Right, I'll get ready straight away!" Saying this, he hurried to pack his few belongings, before going to stand by Sera, ready to be her support again if she wished it. The truth was though...being near Sera after what had just occured made him feel rather awkward...

(OOC: 'Awkward fear' isn't an expression I've used before heh...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.