HOwto stopthe complaints for dueling

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Its your fault for losing your cash!!! Get over it!!! It would ruin the game.

DeletedUser

trainman, you're screwing yourself over. you've turned your attempt at a suggestion into a flaming thread. flaming threads get locked and ignored. and don't try blaming others for it, because it is YOUR thread, and while others may have made the first flaming comments, your the one who decided to retaliate rather than except their opinions. and they're opinions are sound, and completely understood. there are two sides to this battle, those who like duels and those who don't, and any resolution would have to be acceptable to both sides in order to get passed. and that is a guarantee, because you can't shut down one side completely. look at the debate over limiting the resistance dueler. and when they attempted to change the skills required for construction. if an idea is expected to face strong opposition, then there is a good chance it won't go through.

well, most of the attacks aare for a town that is nearby and i would but someone that used to be in my town is there and he left becuase he got mad do to the fact that i wasnt building onto what he wanted.

then maybe you should think about a democracy. its your fault he left, and no one else's. most towns set up a thread where members are allowed to ask for buildings to be built, and a list is set up of the construction order. new requested buildings can be added to the bottom of the list, or higher up if there is strong support for it.

DeletedUser

terrible idea. if this was implemented we would have people not duel at lower levels and then once they build up they would switch on dueling at level 40 where they would not have extra dueling levels. it leaves people that want to duel at lower levels with less people to duel.

DeletedUser

and if we used the idea of only being able to decide once, then what about the workers who start as pure builders, then later on reskill for dueling?

DeletedUser

how was it my fault that guy left my town, he didnt even tell me that he wanted the building he just left and sent me a telegram saying why

DeletedUser13020

Trainman you should work on leveling up your bank more often. You said that you were saving up to buy a weapon that cost 2000 bucks. Im assuming it's a dueling weapon you were after, and not a fort weapon. The gunsmith level that gives you the first $2k weapon available is level 8, with precise pepperbox. You said your bank only holds a 250 bucks, thats level 2. level 8 stores with a level 2 bank thats a bad plan. Its better if you keep your bank level close behind your stores level. You wanted to save up 250 in the bank, and you would still walk around with $1750+. You should have leveled up your bank to at least level 4. That holds 1500 dollars max. So you would only have to have to carry about 600 before you can buy the weapon.

DeletedUser

how was it my fault that guy left my town, he didnt even tell me that he wanted the building he just left and sent me a telegram saying why

well 1), you failed to mention that detail, and 2) did you provide a place for him to ask? did you ever let him know that he is free to ask? your the town founder, and that is your job.

and -TP- is right, your bank is way too small. i understand you want better items but trying to neglect the bank is one of the stupidest things you could do. maybe before you get that weapon you should build your bank. in the money you lost to dueling while attempting to save up for that weapon, you probably could have built another level on your bank. having a large bank is one of the best ways to avoid losing money.

DeletedUser

well 1), you failed to mention that detail, and 2) did you provide a place for him to ask? did you ever let him know that he is free to ask? your the town founder, and that is your job.

and -TP- is right, your bank is way too small. i understand you want better items but trying to neglect the bank is one of the stupidest things you could do. maybe before you get that weapon you should build your bank. in the money you lost to dueling while attempting to save up for that weapon, you probably could have built another level on your bank. having a large bank is one of the best ways to avoid losing money.
yes he was always free to ask and there was a place to ask

DeletedUser

that wasn't exactly the question. he may have been free to ask, but did you ever specifically say to him that he was free to ask? believe it or not, some players, if they aren't told they can ask, they won't ask, and will feel like asking will get them in trouble. some may not know how to use the forums, so if you just post it in the forums, they'll never know. these things may be easy, but some have difficulties, and you as the founder are responsible for helping them.

DeletedUser

I recommend you put it on the splash screen that comes up each time your members open your town they will always see it. Then you dont have to tell anyone anymore.
If they tell you that again , all you have to say is look at the town text.

DeletedUser

1. i'm the founder of the town so i am not going to do that.
2. I spent like 2 weeks building onto the town on my own when it was first built by me.

someone give Trainman a tissue!!!Or is it Rainman cuzz he sounds like Dustin Hoffman with all the repetition

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fail

here is how to stop complaint for dueling: Have a dueling switch that when activated you cannot duel or be dueled

Here is how it would be very useful:
i was saving up to buy this 2000$ gun and i had 800$. I was dueled three times by this guy and I lost $600! This is why a feel like quiting.

This is an epic fail. It would be exploited hard core.

DeletedUser

here is how to stop complaint for dueling: Have a dueling switch that when activated you cannot duel or be dueled

Here is how it would be very useful:
i was saving up to buy this 2000$ gun and i had 800$. I was dueled three times by this guy and I lost $600! This is why a feel like quiting.

Then quit. You've got to be smarter than that. Don't wander around with a bunch of money in your pocket. It's obvious you will lose it if you do not bank it. That's why there is a bank.

DeletedUser

The West - Dueling = Sim City

I didn't sign up for Sim City.

Imagine the dude(tte) that stole your $600 has your switch? How are your town fighters going to exact revenge and get your money back, with interest? S\He will just wait until you have another $800 in your pocket, flip the switch, take your money, then flip the switch again.

This suggestion is the path to boringsville.

Status
Not open for further replies.