Hidden "Areas"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Any feedback? I don't want to be serious untill Monkeyboy sdjxx21 comments. :)

DeletedUser

lol...

and no, until you give out an idea that has been on the polls, you cant say crap about my ideas.

Diggo11

@ Laup If you just say you can use the hideout during one job per 24 hours it should be easy enough.

Just to make it non abusable how about:

Your town can only have ONE hideout at a time. Hideouts are located at jobs. You may only activate the hideouts once per 24 hours. There are three types of hideouts: Burrows, Sheds and Log Cabin. If a better hideout is found than the existing one it shall replace it.

Dug-out: 50% energy required for job.
Sheds: 0% energy required for job AND the motivation only decreases by 50%.
Log Cabin: -100% energy required for job AND the motivation doesn't decrease.

Dug-out: Gives duel protection for first 1/2 hour
Sheds: Gives duel protection for first hour
Log Cabin: Gives duel protection for all 2 hours

Hideouts aren't for individual players but for their towns, although townless players still have access to them. This means it only takes one town member to discover it for the whole town, and another to lose it for the whole town. Multiple towns may use one Hide Out. Although if two people [from different towns] try to use it at once a duel occurs (two people from same town may use at once). The loser is kicked out and their town may never return, the winner can stay on. If it happens to be a townless player who can't duel he/she automatically loses.

3 Hideouts are located at every job. You have a 1% chance of discovering a Dug-out, 0.5% for a Shed and 0.25% for a Log Cabin. You may only discover Hideouts in your towns region (townless players can discover anywhere).

When opening the job screen (to begin the job) you have the option to activate hideout. This can't be done while the job is in the queue or in process, only whilst selecting it.

What do you think about that BartBoT

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Diggo, your suggestion means creating these hideouts as persistent objects within the game database, which is something I was suggesting could be avoided as I expect it may furrow brows a bit on the dev side. It's a trade-off: a cooler feature vs. an easier to implement feature.

Maybe the idea could be drawn up into a proposal with both options explained, to give the devs a choice.

Diggo11

Yeah fair enough. BartBot if your happy a refined summary of the idea?

But with yours I'd make it more than 5 energy. Perhaps the energy the job used times a random selection of 0.5, 0, -0.5 or -1?

DeletedUser

Maybe something to improve the idea could be random NPC duels and whatnot (the treasure chest :)).

Luck: You arrive in your hideout to find that a beggar has been sitting by your shed. He asks for all the cash on you (Must be at least $100), then mumbles a word of thanks. You have been granted 1 skill point!

Luck (maybe not if you're a builder): You arrive at your hideout and find a rowdy man leaning to the wall of your shed. He laughs at your slouch hat, and as you heat up, he challenges you to a duel. NPC duel follows. If you lose, you lose all your money on hand. If you win, you recieve the amount (of cash) in your hand.

Diggo11

I think thats taking it a bit to far.

Anyway now you having the pleasure of writing up a refined summary for your idea fun fun fun. If you want I'll make some mockups on Friday.

DeletedUser

Lol. Im not an idea suggester. Im a critic :D

I look around for good ideas, post that I love their idea, give them rep, and check up on the idea daily.

But occasionally, I find those threads of ideas that just... well... not good :eek:hmy:

So, until you find a way to make this idea better instead of tacking stuff on which I still dont like, you have my complete and utter, No :laugh:

DeletedUser

No.... I meant why do you think it's a crappy idea???

Not that just saying it sucks.... How can it be improved to your liking?

Diggo11

I've got ya back mate ;)

Its alright to simply not like an idea, but to rubbish it without purpose just isn't right.

Anyway I'll get started on some mockups.

DeletedUser

all right bartbot about the begger part i'm fine with giving some cash for a skill point but i dont think that there would be a lot of people working about with $100+ in their pockets. lol if i had that amt of cash i would have run to the bank immediately.

So i'm hoping that u may lower the amount of cash from everything to a specific amt which is not too low so as that not everyone can get it and too high as duelers will have better chance of making money.

otherwise thumbs up! also, UNSC Marines, if u got nothing good to say about this, dont say anything. Can some1 call monkey or luithor to look at it? (i value theirs, diggo's, luap nor,John Rose and your oppinion the most)

Also to John Rose (if he's looking this way), y did u change your pic anyway? i def prefer the previous one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How about secret caches (hideouts) of energy. Random chance when working on a job to find it and gain a 25% increase to your energy.

No sharing of it, no dueling over it just a rare and random perk that can suddenly give an added plus out of the blue.

I like the idea, but think it might go over better if simplified to its basic component.

Status
Not open for further replies.