Hidden "Areas"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

That's goofy. If there's a duel, it should be between the people who are actually there.

"Ah, 'scuse me, I have to run back to my town and get somebody who can beat you."

"Oh OK. I'll be here."

:nowink:

i know but if a builder was there. that'd be very unfair on one town :|

DeletedUser

What happens if the two players are from two allied towns? Or from a town and it's suburb?
What happens if the hideout is discovered by someone without a town?
What happens if a player who knows about the hideout leaves to join another town?

I'm more inclined toward this idea: the player who found the hideout keeps it secret. If a second player finds the hideout, then that hideout is compromised for both players.
By using my idea, each job site will have a hideout nearby. That hideout can be undiscovered, or discovered by $playerX. When playerY discovers an already discovered hideout and compromises it, the state of the hideout returns to "undiscovered".

And I'm against the instant energy boost - it can be abused by staying in the hideout repeatedly for a short time. Better if it gives the same energy/health as a level 2 hotel, and the protection from duelers.
A hideout at the location of a popular job (like beaver trapping, silver mining, building windmills) will be compromised more often, and those less popular (picking tobacco, tending pigs) less often.
If you see in the saloon someone who "is asleep right now", but you see it at the location of a job (obviously in the hideout), you can go work that job until you find the hideout, to compromise it.

Red Falcon

What happens if the two players are from two allied towns? Or from a town and it's suburb?
What happens if the hideout is discovered by someone without a town?
What happens if a player who knows about the hideout leaves to join another town?

I'm more inclined toward this idea: the player who found the hideout keeps it secret. If a second player finds the hideout, then that hideout is compromised for both players.
By using my idea, each job site will have a hideout nearby. That hideout can be undiscovered, or discovered by $playerX. When playerY discovers an already discovered hideout and compromises it, the state of the hideout returns to "undiscovered".

And I'm against the instant energy boost - it can be abused by staying in the hideout repeatedly for a short time. Better if it gives the same energy/health as a level 2 hotel, and the protection from duelers.
A hideout at the location of a popular job (like beaver trapping, silver mining, building windmills) will be compromised more often, and those less popular (picking tobacco, tending pigs) less often.
If you see in the saloon someone who "is asleep right now", but you see it at the location of a job (obviously in the hideout), you can go work that job until you find the hideout, to compromise it.

You make a good point with this statement, but perhaps hidden areas can be accessed by anyone in a town if that town has allies.

DeletedUser

They're gonna have to make an ALLIES list in the town hall then...

Diggo11

Currently it only takes one town member to find a hideout for the whole town.
Therefore it should only take one member to lose a hideout for the whole town.

And definitely no to selecting your dueller.

Also the game wasn't designed was all this alliances and family towns rubbish. If you want to have them fine by me, but don't complain about how the game is supposed to be played.

DeletedUser

No... That is what the hotel is for...

What about these "Places" but instead of protection from players, there should be a Secret Quest or a new Secret Job!

DeletedUser

I say bad idea to all of it :nowink:

If you find a hideout, whipty do da. But 9/10 theres a hotel in a town nearby.

Just another excuse to get a free ticket to sleep/rest mode without having to pay.

DeletedUser

I mean for relatively new worlds... not w1 or 2...

Also maybe a secret quest w/ small reward might be available in only some hideouts, not all. Otherwise HUGE programming dilemma.

DeletedUser

Hmm..

Then I give it a 7/10 on my good idea scale. Develop this idea more and Ill increase my ranking :)

DeletedUser

A small quest such as...
Luck: NEW QUEST: A farmer approaches the shed you are in and asks you for $20 and for his family some ham. In return, he will give you a Gray woolly hat*. Now, you can accept/decline the quest if you don't want a woolly hat, but if you do, just get a ham (product) and $20! The only way to see this quest is not going to the saloon, but to the hideout where it was given.

This way people just don't sell off extra stuff just in an instant...

*(Newby items, of course, but not too newby)

DeletedUser

Newbie items? My super secret pure swimmer build REQUIRES a gray woolly hat!

DeletedUser

I agree with this idea but 15 energy instanteniously ... Lets be serious cause if someone gets 15 energy he wil leave for other work then come back in 3 minutes and another 15 energy ==>hotels will be useless

DeletedUser

Okay, then... whats the answer?

You can't go to your hideout unless working for 4 hours in a row in the spot where you found the hideout,

OR

No instantaneous energy, just like a hotel WHILE you work.

DeletedUser

Okay, then... whats the answer?

You can't go to your hideout unless working for 4 hours in a row in the spot where you found the hideout,

OR

No instantaneous energy, just like a hotel WHILE you work.

Why not just make it a luck event, something that has a chance to be "rolled" upon job completion? So in your job report it would say, under luck, something like "You found a hideout and grabbed a quick nap. Energy +5"?

DeletedUser

sure, but then there wouldn't be the fun "King of the Hill concept" But that's a better idea, because then there's no abuse... but the luck of finding that shouldn't be displayed anywhere on the job description/tab

DeletedUser

sure, but then there wouldn't be the fun "King of the Hill concept" But that's a better idea, because then there's no abuse... but the luck of finding that shouldn't be displayed anywhere on the job description/tab

I don't see a reason to avoid putting it on the job description; do you?

The KotH aspect is great, but requires more work for the devs. My suggestion would be very easy to code. ;)

DeletedUser

So people don't just work on jobs with the highest chance of finding that kind of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.