Gun Control (Right to Bear Arms)

• Thread starter DeletedUser13682
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I very much doubt that the crime rate in Switzerland is related the types of arms that people are or are not allowed to own or carry.
Have you ever thought that perhaps most Swiss people are well educated well looked after by the government, and just generally well rounded people?!?!

Perhaps these are the reason they have less crime and not because they all scared of the gun that there neighbour is carrying. (seriously think about it)

Gun laws won’t change very quickly in the States cause of politics and the money that will be lost as a result of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Now I’m guessing that most of you are from America? (sorry for this LOL)
HRHRHRHR LOLOLOLOLOLOLOK

Well I think the main problem is that a lot of Americas are just stupid and think that having a gun is being save and free. Well I have news for you , if you were living in this magical land of the free there would be no need for guns at all.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever, so I'm assuming that you're most likely talking out of your ass and rambling nonsense. There would always be violence no matter how free a society was, there would always be the need to protect ourselves.

What you seem to forget is that you are not free you and brainwashed into believing that you are free, and this is how the government controls you and your stupidity.
Once again, you're talking out of your ass and making stupid statements that don't mean anything. You're assuming that everyone is a stupid sheep, which is certainly not the case. I'm going to just assume you're highly uneducated because you're beginning to sound like you're wearing a tin foil hat.

Gun laws won’t change very quickly in the States cause of politics and the money that will be lost as a result of it.
So have fun killing yourselves…
This is about the only thing that you said that kind of makes sense, but even then it isn't a very solid statement. To be blunt, if everyone skipped your posts from now on, I doubt they would miss anything.

DeletedUser

*pause all the fancy arguements for a bit* Why shouldnt we have guns. the crooks do so we need to defend ourselves. that my veiw

DeletedUser

I will add Finland to the mix that is where i live and what i know.

Now we are on 3 rd place on guns per capita i think.

Well we are a small country only about 5,5 million but guns have never been a problem here even tho 2 out of 3 housholds have firearms.

Only hardcore organized crime use guns in anger here and that is nothing the general population knows anything about.

it is just something they read about in the paper about tvice a year that somone has been shot to death and found somwhere.

And allways those storys end with that the police say that the victim was known by the police from before so they suspect it was a settlement within the underworld.

Now if there is allot of guns around some accsidents will happen that is a fact. Stuff happens some accidents could easely be avoided but some peapole are just idiots and do not know any better.

But the other 99.99 % do have a common sence and do not deserve to be juged by those ******s.

So to summon it up its not the weapons that are the problem several nations have plenty of guns per capita and wery little problem with violent crime with guns involved.

I am just amased on how sutch a big deal everybody makes this.

Now we have allso have had 2 school shotings here in Finland so we are not imune to problems here either.

That was sad days and about 20 lives where lost.

And those where bad years for the gun statistics here normally perhaps

( my estimate and i have made it wery high just to be enough )

Lets say 10 peapole loose there lives here every year by a firearm including murders accsidents and anything if i firearm is involved.

Lets make it 20 ok 50 now we count everybody wounded.

Now those numbers are not even 1 / 1000 of the alcohol related death here.

And drunk driving not included just peapole who drink too mutch for many years.

And yes drunk driving takes way more lives but somehow that is ok ??

Everyone has the right to own firearms if you respect the laws and fellow man now however i would not have a problem with peapole loosing there right if they abuse it.

And the same shuld go for drunk driving no more driving licence ever if you drive drunk. That one year without a licence will not change anything.

And to all of you who think more guns causes more crime.

Ask yourself this.

Think that for the last 20 years you would have had a gun with you at all time every where you went.

How many would YOU have killed in those 20 years ?

And please do not say i would not but others would.
You are not better than anyone else.

But then if you ask 1000 if they think they are a better driver than avarege you will get atlest 950 YES.

Humanity is doomed =)

Common sence is not that common anymore.

And BTW i am all for gun control.

Allways learn to handle your weapons so you will hit your target every time.

DeletedUser

I think we should let people who want guns have guns and we should let people who don't want guns not have guns. Everybody wins!

DeletedUser

I think we should let people who want guns have guns and we should let people who don't want guns not have guns. Everybody wins!

Logical failure.

@Below me:
Please format your post, as it stands it looks too messy to read.

DeletedUser

Why not concentrate on the things that accidentally kill the most people? Do we need automobile control, ladder control, swimming pool control, fire proofing enforcement, bathtub control, poison control, bucket control and doctor control? All these things kill more people accidentally than guns do.

If you're trying to limit the intentional deaths, try incarcerating the people that commit violent crimes with guns. It seems to me that we should punish the evil people, not try to eliminate all the possible tools that can be used by them for evil purposes.

DeletedUser

Don't you nutcases over there have speed limits, road rules, driving tests, building safety codes, warning labels, pool fences or laws to prevent those other accidents? So you should have better regulation of your firearms also.

To own a gun here you must have a license, which is just as hard to get as a drivers license. Any misuse of a gun will void your license. All guns and ammunition must be stored seperately and securely. Guns may not be taken from their place of storage without cause (e.g. you can take them to go hunting, or target shooting, but may not leave them in the car) guns may not be kept loaded when not in use.

Guns are for sport, not for protection, unless you are a police officer or a security officer with a proffessional firearms license. I think these laws work very well for us here.

DeletedUser11019

flash fire

gun control is a must.

problem...its like ivory
cant ban it....or price goes up

so they call it culling the herd

holland and drugs..they call it controling the substace(that sounds dodgy and even admitantly earning from it via tax)

america??? well guns are money..erm...i dunno what the stats r like to money..sounds a lot :)

DeletedUser

Don't you nutcases over there have speed limits, road rules, driving tests, building safety codes, warning labels, pool fences or laws to prevent those other accidents? So you should have better regulation of your firearms also.

To own a gun here you must have a license, which is just as hard to get as a drivers license. Any misuse of a gun will void your license. All guns and ammunition must be stored seperately and securely. Guns may not be taken from their place of storage without cause (e.g. you can take them to go hunting, or target shooting, but may not leave them in the car) guns may not be kept loaded when not in use.

Guns are for sport, not for protection, unless you are a police officer or a security officer with a proffessional firearms license. I think these laws work very well for us here.

Why do you start out insulting people you've never met by calling them nutcases? I felt no need to call you a tea swilling crumpet eater with poor teeth, did I?

Just because your country has draconian gun laws is no need for everyone to have them. Why not store your auto and its fuel separately and securely?

Why shouldn't guns be used for protection? When several bad men kick your door in and gang rape your wife or daughter, it might be useful to have a loaded weapon, don't you think?

DeletedUser

Just because your country has draconian gun laws is no need for everyone to have them. Why not store your auto and its fuel separately and securely?

Why shouldn't guns be used for protection? When several bad men kick your door in and gang rape your wife or daughter, it might be useful to have a loaded weapon, don't you think?
Our "draconian" gun laws were tightened in the '90's because it was felt that guns were too readily available to criminals. Keeping a loaded gun is a vastly different concept to keeping fuel in your car, but I guess you are too blind and ignorant to realise that until your daughter accidentally shoots your wife dead.

DeletedUser

And because of the new tighter laws they are not you mean ?

It has never been a shortige of weapons on the black market nor will it ever bee.

Supply and demand is called tighter laws does mean less leagal weapons availible but then some drug lord sees a new lucrative market to help make him a little more money.

Everything changes nothing is new only now it is AK 47 instead of stolen hunting rifles.

And that is mutch better right.

they are mutch cheaper and more commonly awailble to smuggle in if we create a maket for them that is.

DeletedUser

Do you enjoy the whooshing sound of arguments flying over your head?
My point (I'll spell it out clearly this time for the hard of thinking) was that it is absurd to call the gun laws in my country "draconian" when they are being constantly revised. Especially by someone who insists on their right to bear arms based on a constitutional ammendment several centuries old, that itself sprang from laws dating back to the middle ages.
As for guns being harder to come by, yes I believe they are. If you think it is easy to smuggle an AK-47 over the border to me, I think you are sorely mistaken.

DeletedUser

Demanding people store ammo and guns seperately is real draconian.
Your example is both ridicules and pointless.

Our "draconian" gun laws were tightened in the '90's because it was felt that guns were too readily available to criminals. Keeping a loaded gun is a vastly different concept to keeping fuel in your car, but I guess you are too blind and ignorant to realise that until your daughter accidentally shoots your wife dead.

Good posts George, could not have said it better myself.
Thumbs up, and full support from this here fella'.

DeletedUser8950

Having guns available to "protect" yourself with mean they're more available to criminals and make the problem worse, and the "protection" usually winds up with someone dead.

DeletedUser

I never sayed smuggeling over the border was easy !

Its not easy smuggeling drugs across the border either. But somehow it keeps on comming thrugh by the ton so its not like they hide it under there clothes.

( ONLY )

Sure the borderpatrolls would confiskate a shipment every now and then but that is no big deal for the smuggelers several other shipments pass thrugh and they make there money and the criminals get there guns.

Everybody is happy exept the law abiding sitizens who loose yet another right.

If there is a demand for something it will be availible to buy that is just a fact.

The only differance is that the mobsters will sell to anyone with cash.

For an example i used to work in the docks in my youth.

Allmost every ship that comes in smuggles something usually it is alcohol and ciggaretts that the crew sell tax free but i have been offered to buy AK`s a cupple of times.

AK, 5 mags, 2000 rounds and 5 handgreanades for about 500 $
was my last offer i tryed for fun see how low i could get the prize.

And all i would have had to do was to hand over the cash and drive my car next to the ship and open the trunk.

I fail to see the hard part in all of that. The wrong part i see but not the hard part.

I allso asked what else is availble and he told me everything smaller than a tank if you got the money.

Nedless to say i did not buy it i do not want trubble with the law.

And we still have the right to own firearms legaly here even tho there are restrictions.

You can not deny that smuggeling exists there is so mutch money to be made that it will never go away no matter what laws they make.

DeletedUser11019

i was in mexico years ago...
the boarders a joke...
its LEGAL to transport fire arms to a 3rd world country with a corrupt goverment.
but not for humans seeking better wages.

in africa if a country is at war...every one jumps in to try and sell??(a job is a job)

in irak...three months befor the war..the french sold anti air rockets to knock out US airplanes.....
pure marketing brilliance....start a war and sell to both sides.

things have gotten that bad.
face it..people are wacko..
its not about the guns..or the laws....its the money....

...sharp shooter JOHN ROSE...........ever heard about the new dutch political party few years ago???????????????
google it ..

if you had nut cakes like that making laws then what do you have???