Gun Control (Right to Bear Arms)

• Thread starter DeletedUser13682
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Correct those punks in the U.K just love knifing little old ladies in the street. As for guns semi-auto and pump actions are justifiable because you must pull the trigger, not hold it, or pump and shoot with a pump-action. Sometimes an animal can be a lot tougher than the first shot dropping it and these guns and, should I mention other guns have magazines like some bolt actions giving rapid reload ability, anyway the second shot should kill it and bring it out of its misery faster.

DeletedUser

The trouble in Gun Control is the two extremes dominate the argument. Some people feel there is a necessity to own a .50 caliber machine gun, others think you need to acquire a permit to own a daisy pump and outlaw the beebees.

The NRA's stance is always seen as an extreme, but their stance is actually right. What their aim is, to prevent gun regulation from denying people's rights and turning law-abiding citizens into criminals.

In Illinois recently, a law was almost passed that would require a gun owner to carry a willful negligence insurance policy for no less than 1 million dollars per gun owned. No such policy exists from insurance, and even Lloyd's won't touch such a policy.

Its the equivalent of taking out a policy on a piece of rope I buy in the event I might decide to hang myself or someone from that rope. It makes absolutely no sense insurance-wise, and it was a governments attempt to ban through regulation.

@Hellstromm, the What If's doesn't really apply to whether or not you choose to own a gun. You use whats available to you, as martial arts also teaches you. For some people, if they were to encounter a person like Richard Ramirez in their house-the best they could do is call 911. Others may choose to use their fighting skills. Others may choose to point a loaded weapon. Martial Arts definitely does not teach you to not throw a punch in self defense for fear you might break something in your hand.

Guns are powerful, and sadly, to quote from Spiderman's uncle, with great power comes great responsibility. The trouble is, not everyone's responsible. People should be required to achieve reasonable certifications to own certain weapons. The trouble is that those certifications are not abused as a way to outlaw guns.

i.e. Those who own a 9mm for a personal home defense weapon should have to retake the test.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Gun Control

What is every ones thoughts on gun control?

Personally i am against it,
"If you outlaw guns, only out laws will have them."
-Me

DeletedUser

god do a search once in a while

this is already a thread on this about 2/3s down the page

DeletedUser

What is every ones thoughts on gun control?

Personally i am against it,
"If you outlaw guns, only out laws will have them."
-Me

Worst line of reasoning, ever.

If that's all you got, then you got nothing.

I'm for gun coontrol.
Everyone should not be able to get a gun by law.
Don't even try for a minute to claim that 'legal' weapons can't fall into the hands of criminals. Thus that argument is void. More arms, will only cause an escalation in firepower.

DeletedUser

If you post one more thread that starts out "Warning this could be controversial" I'll have to buy a gun.

This is the debates section. If it isn't controversial it isn't debate worthy.

DeletedUser

If you post one more thread that starts out "Warning this could be controversial" I'll have to buy a gun.

This is the debates section. If it isn't controversial it isn't debate worthy.

QFT. Apparently the satire of my Kirk vs. Picard is over the heads of some people.

DeletedUser

Worst line of reasoning, ever.

If that's all you got, then you got nothing.

I'm for gun coontrol.
Everyone should not be able to get a gun by law.
Don't even try for a minute to claim that 'legal' weapons can't fall into the hands of criminals. Thus that argument is void. More arms, will only cause an escalation in firepower.

actually it is some times good to have a "escalation in firepower." if there was a "escalation in firepower." at Columbine High school, if one person had a gun he could have saved countless lives.

Also take Switzerland as a example
More per capita firepower exists in Switzerland than in any other place in the world, yet it is one of the safest places to be.

-The Wall Street Journal Europe
June 4, 1999 Stephen P. Halbrook
-While many shoot for sport, all males aged 20 to 42 are required by militia system regulation to keep rifles and/or pistols at home. In addition, gun shops abound. Yet firearms are rarely used in crime.

-The Wall Street Journal Europe
June 4, 1999 Stephen P. Halbrook
Also i am not sure what you meant by:
try for a minute to claim that 'legal' weapons can't fall into the hands of criminals.

DeletedUser

actually it is some times good to have a "escalation in firepower."
No, it isn't. If you think it is, you don't understand the ramifications.

if there was a "escalation in firepower." at Columbine High school, if one person had a gun he could have saved countless lives.
First off you dumb sack of excrement; The lives lost at Columbine High weren't countless. We have a deat count already.

Personally I think that any civilian shouldn't be able to buy a Tec-9, or similar firearm just because they want to.

If those kids hadn't been able to so easily obtain them, then that MIGHT have saved all the lives lost during the incident.

If you had their way, they'd be packing M60's.

Also take Switzerland as a example
Did you have a point in that random example?

Also i am not sure what you meant by:
Try practicing your reading comprehension.
My meaning was quite clear.

DeletedUser

Warning this could be controversial: Life or death?

Would you like to live or die?

DeletedUser

actually it is some times good to have a "escalation in firepower." if there was a "escalation in firepower." at Columbine High school, if one person had a gun he could have saved countless lives.

Two words: friendly fire. One innocent person killed by a well-meaning idiot with a gun is too many. Civilians with no combat training will cause more damage than they prevent.

DeletedUser

What i am saying is that We need to be like Switzerland.

and how dose it back up your "line of reasoning"?