Guide to Dueling

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

You can add Annie Oakley's plaid pants or Harmonica's Knee-Breeches

Red Falcon

The thread needs to be created with a poll by a moderator. I cannot ADD a poll now!

Oh well. At least this dueling guide is back where it belongs. And yes, it seems as though the OP of this guide abandoned it some time ago. Why I don't know. Good thing I updated it and brought it back up. And I actually might add in the black bow. I'll need to see what bonuses it gives before I add it in though.

DeletedUser

So, how is this upgraded guide working for everyone? Is there any way we can add a poll to this thread somehow?
First, the 'BEST GEAR' section still needs to be sub-categorized. Just 'Melee Duelers' and 'Range Duelers' isn't enough. There's melee/vigor, melee/appearance, melee/resistance, melee/resistance vs. melee, melee/resistance vs. ranged, etc... and that's just for melee.

Second, the builds are still in need of revision. For instance the first build, 'Melee Duelers (Regular)', still shows 20% SP into each appearance and tactics. No reason for that.

That's as far as I was able to read, will read more once those are enhanced. ;)

DeletedUser

One thing is sure. Soldier beats Duelist at any time, whether you build it on melee or ranged.
This is pretty pathetic, wouldn't you guys say so ? The duelist is supposed to be the best in duels. Something must be changed at class bonuses to balance this.

DeletedUser

You mean dueler? No, dueler is now a great class to play.
Patience though, soon we'll get an update with crafting which will enable different buffs and enchantments.
And according to The Roadmap, all classes should get rewritten and bonuses will depend on your level and the choice you make. Specialization. Diversity. This year. Not in the next update though.

DeletedUser

That's good to know. And yes, I meant dueler, it's duelist in my language, for some reason I thought it's in english too.

I do have a dueler on another world, but I like the soldier a lot more right now.

DeletedUser

Dueler or duelist, it's still a poor choice of a class name since any class can concentrate on doing duels and be great in duels. And this class doesn't have to do duels at all and still be great in another game role. Not only that... Mapspeed, higher loot (although slightly), fortcrits, shoot at distance without moving... That's doesn't feel as a dueler/duelist role at all. Maybe they change the class name in the future, who knows...

Red Falcon

Okay, well this guide has been back up for a while. Is there any way I can change the title of it and remove the Beta Version thing?

DeletedUser

so im lvl 39 Adventurer
this is my stats
http://img851.imageshack.us/i/thewestq.jpg/
im carrying at the moment this items on me
whip
bowis mozzle loader
black cotten shoes
plain brown pants
quarter horse
gray sloth hat
blue bow
red/green bow
i want to be able to fight back in my duals
currectly i have 15k
what items i should buy and what type of dualed i should go?
i dont have much money so im looking for the type that wont cost me much and gives me a good benfit

http://en13.the-west.net/game.php#
warning.png
Currently you cannot do any changes!

DeletedUser

Your stats are all over the place. With those stats no clothes can help you very much. You can try:

Fancy felt hat, fancy dress coat, Bowie's Knife, yellow horse belt, green linen pants, fancy riding boots (or at least sandals), brown shawl.

They will not be magical, but will improve your dueling skills a bit. If you want to reskill, then concentrate on one or 2 attributes, chose between vigor and shooting, chose between resistance and dodging/tactics and move points from one to the other.

DeletedUser

yeah i know my stats are somewhere betwin ed and ed up hard
im just upgrading what needed for the quests so i can move on and on. im thinkin about reseting it when im going to be lvl 50 or so. maybe even later.
how much its gonna cost me to reskill in about lvl 50?
also does stuff will make the real trick or should i just go on with what i have at the moment?

DeletedUser

Depends on your opponents. If they are pure specced for dueling, clothes won't help you. If they are not, you might put up a fight.

DeletedUser

Thank you duduie for the Tolerance and information.
I opened a new character At Briscoe, And i have One last Question.
What is the ultimate status for pistoleer perfect?
Plus Is it better to be Dualer or Soldier (for the so called Ultimate warrior)
Much thanks. you helped me alot.

DeletedUser

I'd say soldier, for the tactics bonus. It maximizes your AP and SP better.
And if you want to be a shooter (use firearm and not knives), then go for dodger. It is hard to do a resistance shooter since your sp and ap would be more spread out than a dodger. I'd say: put all AP in dexterity, keep dodging equal to aim, do not invest much in tactics until later on, pump your appearance nicely and go kill. In time, you'll want to put some points in shooting as well.
Example: level 100
100 ap in Dexterity = 100 aim
50 more sp in Shooting = 150 shooting
100 sp in dodging
100 sp in appearance
50 sp in tactics

All these without clothing. You can spare a few sp here and there and put some in health as well, if you wish.

DeletedUser9470

I'd say soldier, for the tactics bonus. It maximizes your AP and SP better.
And if you want to be a shooter (use firearm and not knives), then go for dodger. It is hard to do a resistance shooter since your sp and ap would be more spread out than a dodger. I'd say: put all AP in dexterity, keep dodging equal to aim, do not invest much in tactics until later on, pump your appearance nicely and go kill. In time, you'll want to put some points in shooting as well.
Example: level 100
100 ap in Dexterity = 100 aim
50 more sp in Shooting = 150 shooting
100 sp in dodging
100 sp in appearance
50 sp in tactics

All these without clothing. You can spare a few sp here and there and put some in health as well, if you wish.

i would do opposite:
50 AP in Dexterity + 50SP Aim+100SP Shooting= 100Aim + 150Shooting
100SP in Dodging
50AP in Charisma +50SP in appearance= 100 appearance and 50 tactics

and 50Leadership for fort battles!

:)

DeletedUser

Is not actually opposite, but more of a battle friendly combination. Good idea actually.
The reason why I said full dexterity was for the better jobs gained.

Status
Not open for further replies.