Guide to Dueling

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I've dressed in some of your gear but than I use TW-Pro with that grease monkey and I'm told to put a different hat and shirt on who should I listen too? :huh:

DeletedUser

TW-PRO doesn´t calculate dueling that much. Follow this guide and wear the gear mentioned here and you´ll do good.

DeletedUser

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing maybe it isn't called TW-PRO it is the one where you pull up your inventory you choose your activity and it highlights the best gear for you, I had to download greasemonkey to be able to use it.
Do you know what I talking about? if so I will dress according to this post before my next duel

Thanks

DeletedUser

Yes, is a script that helps you chose gear. But no script or guide can help you as much as you can help yourself. Test some clothing, see how they work, look at your skills in different outfits and chose the best combination for yourself. Use this guide and TW-Pro as the basis, but customize them according to your stats and needs.

DeletedUser

i have a doubt how the attack and defence value is considered.is it for each round or for all rounds.please explain the mechanism.

DeletedUser

For each round a random attack and defense value is considered. If your attack value is smaller than the defense value of your opponent, you miss. If your defense value is smaller than the attack value of your opponent, you get hit.

DeletedUser

if the difference between the attack value of the attacker and defence value of the attacker is larger then can i produce a large hit.
if no then why the same hp are losses in the rounds 1 and 5 which is same.

DeletedUser

if the difference between the attack value of the attacker and defence value of the attacker is larger then can i produce a large hit.
if no then why the same hp are losses in the rounds 1 and 5 which is same.

Damage is weapon damage, shooting/vigor, and head/shoulder/arm vs. reflex/toughness. Attack value has nothing to do with it.

DeletedUser

Have a basic Question

This is a basic dueling question, maybe the answer could be added to the dueling FAQ's.
As a dueler class, you can see your opponents skills in the dueling window, in the form of a popup, alot like dueling NPCs.

My question is, are the stats you see, the base skill (how many skill points that they have in that skill), or are they how many points higher your opponents skill points are over yours. EXAMPLE..... If I see a +1 Aim, does that mean the person only added 1 point to aim? Or does it mean they have 1 more point in aim than I do?
I assume, because I have never seen a negative number, that it does not show how many more skill points the opponent has over me. However, I'm not sure.

The other question I had was, the number values I see, example...+1 Aim, is that their base skill, meaning the number of points they have added to that skill? Or is that including their gear and equipment?

Thanks for any help/clarifications in advance, and thank you for your time. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's not their skills it's their bonus, if u see +1 aim it mean his clothes give 1 piont to aim, if they'r all 0 means he's not wearing anything
so it's not their actual skill, only bonus

DeletedUser

what's the point of that? i can see their gear anyways when i click on their name....so why would that be such a great bonus for choosing a dueler?

DeletedUser

what's the point of that? i can see their gear anyways when i click on their name....so why would that be such a great bonus for choosing a dueler?
Considering that it's an extra bonus and no other class got a new bonus it's not bad, and duelers had the best fort battle bonus already. It's not huge, but I don't know anyone who bothers adding up an opponent's gear bonus.

DeletedUser

i read in the wiki that attack value and defence value is considered by taking a value between 1 and the calulated value.if so what is the use of putting sp on aim and dodge.

DeletedUser

To increase the calculated value. Increasing the max value, increases your average and your chance to have a higher attack/defense value that your opponent.

DeletedUser2708

Is this guide updated after v 1.33 is out?

According to the guide itself on page one, as of seconds ago:

Last edited by Red Falcon; 24.02.11 at 16:03.

And the game just updated, what, two or three days ago...?

Status
Not open for further replies.