Passed Guard Job Proposal

• Thread starter DeletedUser1105
  • Start date

Do you wish the guarding job was added to the game.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I personally would suggest that the highest level guard is checked first and work the way down the list.

DeletedUser

Err, an adventurer could have loads in hide, thus avoiding detection and beeing able to duel as normal.

Yes, but most of us have already decided how they are going to play the game and build their character. Adding this new feature will just mean ruining the way a lot of people have arranged their skills.

Plus that as some people have said bigger towns will always have a few duelers protecting the town and make dueling awfully difficult. My town has one of the best dueling stats in the world, so I'd say we will have enough people to protect us, but what about the smaller towns?

DeletedUser

Hopefully the smaller towns are all close to the same level ,and a few guards to protect a few people .
Yes , this changes game play , but it is a Beta game . Someone once pointed out the "intercept" will happen ,
IF there is a guard , IF they are the right level , IF the guards skill is better than the challengers hiding ,
IF the random check is in favor of the guard .
This is meant to allow the towns SOME protection , not be a total block to "dueling" .

DeletedUser

i agree with some here who say that it is the constructors own damn fault for not adding skill points towards tactics. they could always have that.
i also think that it could be possible that duelers and soldiers have a lower motivation against workers than other classes. however, this could cause players to pick workers just so they dont have to duel. i do realize that this would cause my idea to end up screwed up. if only there weren't those who didn't want to play the game how it is suppose to be played.

i also find it pretty low of duelers and soldiers to duel workers because they are easy. im a soldier on w1, and i rarely challenge workers. i only do it when the town really needs money or when i've knocked out everyone else in the town (lol)

the one thing i dont like about this idea is that the guards lose energy and motivation for doing their job. they are already losing energy and motivation because they are working a job. the dueler trying to challenge town members should be the one who is affected, if anyone is. they are the one who is taking the chance, aren't they? and the guard is not going anywhere, the dueler is. if you challenge someone, you have to travel to their town, and you are the one who loses motivation and energy. not the one who stays in the town.

also, i do think that you should be able to guard the town for up to 8 hours, because you are doing a service for the town. but there should be no exp. gain or money gain for working the job, you should get it only from the duels you end up doing.

besides these things, this would make it a great idea. i just dont think players will do this that much because of how much energy they could lose, and motivation, in just 2 hours. they would do that job (-24 energy), and then after some duels, say 3, thats -36 energy right there. now they've lost 60 energy in 2 hours, and they haven't done all that much. they could do more duels than that, and choose who they duel.

i also think that if there are multiple guards working, DUELER A should have a chance of getting hit by all of them, even if he gets beat by the first guard. for example, GUARD A duels DUELER A, and wins. then DUELER A, instead of being done, continues on to his chances of dueling GUARD B. that way, if there are multiple guards on duty, they could really punish him.

we would need some warning about a month ahead of time if this is put into play, because duelers and soldiers would have to improve their hiding skills, or they would end up screwed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Its dumb do upgrade defence with worker, same as its dumb to upgrade construction with dueller.

DeletedUser

i also find it pretty low of duelers and soldiers to duel workers because they are easy. im a soldier on w1, and i rarely challenge workers. i only do it when the town really needs money or when i've knocked out everyone else in the town (lol)

When I visit your town.... everyone is gonna get dueled until I have no energy or no one is left to duel either due to knockouts or sleeping I have a highly ranked dueler on w4 and it's the random adventurer/builder that really suffer at my hands.. but again.. my dueling level far out distances most so I would have to say 90% of every town is safe

DeletedUser

those are actually proposals we have all pretty much agreed on in this thread kman. if you look through the previous thread, hightower mentioned it would be a regular job interval time, and pretty much everyone except ulthor thinks work energy is enough. ulthor has his reasons, and they are sound, we just like to antagonize him by arguing. and i'm prettier than him.

DeletedUser

When I visit your town.... everyone is gonna get dueled until I have no energy or no one is left to duel either due to knockouts or sleeping I have a highly ranked dueler on w4 and it's the random adventurer/builder that really suffer at my hands.. but again.. my dueling level far out distances most so I would have to say 90% of every town is safe

wow he said he was on w1

DeletedUser

No, guarding shouldn't cost energy, but while on the job you shouldn't gain any energy either, but it does cost energy if duelled.

I still object to anyone being able to guard the town because it can be abused, someone could have a really low levelled friend guard a town they wish to attack and therefore, the town is not actually safe.

It should be restricted because it is not something you benefit from since you gain 5% money/exp, so thats redundant for someone who isn't part of the town.
It being restricted to town residents makes being part of a town more useful.
HOWEVER!..Adventurers would be the only class that can guard any town they want to, which is logical enough.
But, depending on town hall, it limits the adventurer lowest level.
If Townhall is level 1.
Adventurer must be level 10 or higher.
If Townhall is level 2.
Adventurer must be level 20 of higher.

And so on, this stops someone from creating an account and sending in a level 1 to defend a town they're going to attack.

If you don't like the idea as a whole, then perhaps the last bit with the townhall?..it would only apply to non-residents.

Remember, Guarding someone's town is a Service-

thats basically waht i said originally

DeletedUser

*sigh*... ok whatever you guys go post in ideas and brainfarts. this vote already has a determined summary.

DeletedUser

Nice idea nut couldnt this just be a town sherif? to protect the people in their town?

DeletedUser

The "Sheriff" is in a planned update , We just don't know when or what it will be.

DeletedUser

oh good well i think if they introduce raids on towns or when bandits duel town players, the founder of the town should allocate a town sheriff and they should protect the town and they can get a jail and if they are successful they should put the person in jail that is attacking the town. they can get out of jail if their own towns people blast them out with dynamite which could be forund in a task or pay a randsome! if they are not part of a town then they cannot raid towns! simple as!

DeletedUser

i voted yes but i think this should be like how tribalwars went, implement new changes on new world. Everyone has already spent so many skill points in other things to change over to hiding would be costly

DeletedUser

i voted yes but i think this should be like how tribalwars went, implement new changes on new world. Everyone has already spent so many skill points in other things to change over to hiding would be costly
Good, that means its going to server a more desirable purpose.

DeletedUser3741

Suggested "attackers" needed skills

Hiding, Hiding, Appearance, Fine Motor Skills, Swimming

Suggested "defenders" needed skills

Leadership, Leadership, Tactics, Stamina, Swimming

Reasons for skills, Hiding and Leadership are both power job skills but undervalued, also their not under branch that has a main duel dmg (vigor and shooting)
Appearance and Tactics already gain a minor bonus in duels, and this will cause them to be more valuable for duels, also soldier tactics bonus wont apply here
Swimming is an extremely underpowered skill atm and needs this, while fine motor & stamina arent exactly a power houses either

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sorry, I have to agree with those who said no...

Im a worker and personally... I think the games a bit more fun if theres always a chance of getting caught in a duel.

Having someone take all those opporitunities to duel away from me would really tick me off actually.

DeletedUser

No need to be sorry , You're just expressing Your view . I will say that You seem to be in a minority , most worker types have been whining that "Dueling in unfair ! Duelers should only be able to fight Duelers ! You shouldn't be able to attack the same person over and over !" and so forth .

Status
Not open for further replies.