P&P Fort battle hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Thanks Pankreas. Good luck to ya'll as well. I hope this leads to a world of balanced, fun fort battles and competitive dueling.

Vic, you may be right, i may have misinterpreted you. I didn't think you were having a go at me, if i understand the term, but it did seem that you were saying you were content to let the world die instead of putting any effort into saving it. I started this 6 page mud-flinging post out of anger that everyone seemed to blame The Project for all the world's problems and no one wanted to work with us or each other to fix them. That may have colored my vision when i read your posts. If i misinterpreted you, then my replies were too harsh, and i'm sorry.

DeletedUser

Nor do I intend to appear arrogant but in all honesty I do feel ive put more effort into keeping w10 interesting than most with an extremely good record without being a fort fighter build too. Therefore youll have to forgive me when it happens as im probably guilty at times.

Well yes i can see that in myself regarding forts here... i do consider my ability in forts to be very high..and I try to get the very best out of people in battle.... not without results either.

Im also acutely aware that the place would have collapsed long ago had certain people not been putting the effort in, not just me...

My dueling is also at the higher level 650 defenses with less than 50 losses is pretty damed good. A leader needs some measure of arrogance in order to get the most from people and ive tried to lead by example in both forts and dueling ill admit to being proud of what we had created and achieved but in no way do i believe its all down to me ... its the members im fiercely proud of as every single one has built as they wished on their own back. Plenty of support yes but thats all, I am fiercely loyal and expect less from others not much but its true.

I am also proud of the way we have done things and have never broken my loyalty or word to anyone and tried to treat all with the utmost respect opposing or allied.

Vic - if anyone has a right to be arrogant regarding their place in a world, or what they have accomplished (not by themselves, but with their team) it is you. You (& other leaders) have done a tremendous job of keeping this world active & interesting. You know how to motivate ppl, and get the best out of them. You are very loyal, and i have never seen you break your word, or back down on something you said. Any good leader needs self-confidence, or else ppl will not listen to them. You have done an awesome job with this world (not just you, but other leaders as well). You will always have my respect.

I dont believe it was anyones intention to get the fort active towns all together Sam just bad communication and if anything Bold skipped sides out the back door which is of course their choice but hardly worthy of my respect and i hold the leadership there responsible for that entirely. Bold as a town are not welcome should they change their minds but most of the members would be, I feel that bridge is burnt having had our support from the very beginning only to exit the way they did..

Shadow walkers are news to me returning but if there was one town that were totally upfront and in communication it was them and i wished them the very best at the time. I also left the door open should they change their minds and im sure they have been as upfront with you too Sam.

Yes - Shadow Walkers is back with MC - honestly we felt bad about the manner in which 'The Project' was started. Vic - when Harry, Cro, Agilas & and i talked with you about this idea we agreed to wait until GC was done, as you suggested. However, some ppl were not willing to wait - thus Shadow Walkers wound up getting kicked out of MC before that was accomplished. No hard feelings there, i fully understand your reasons. Nonetheless, i still regretted not being able to finish the work that we had started with MC. Also, as we discussed i had no knowledge in advance that Bold was joining 'The Project'. While MC may still have the greater numbers, 'The Project' is clearly filled with alot of the active fort fighters left in w10. So we decided to come back to MC for good - i doubt that we alone will make much difference in these battles, but at least i will have a challenge now :) It's no fun winning every battle, and having such a strong advantage.

Shame there isnt a leadership of project Sam i have my own opinion who i see as leaders there & you are certainly one of them.

No - there really is not a single leader or a couple main leaders of 'The Project' - all town hats have a say, although Cro & Agilas had more to do with getting it started & up & running than most, so i see them in somewhat of a leadership position there.

Heres an idea moving forward you may or may not be interested in.

In order for forts to be good specifically smalls id like to propose a ban on GG in them for starters... the game can encourage people to build for forts in a certain way and get GG but only the players have the ability to choose what to do with them.

Ill be getting a golden gun very soon i hope but I have no wish to use it in a small battle the same as i wouldnt welcome a 10000 hp tank in one.

Again i wouldnt be asking anyone to do anything i wasnt prepared to do myself and id happily hang up my GG for a winchester in that scenario. Is there an interest in doing something like this from you guys ?

I think that is a good idea Vic. GG's give great advantage, and their bonus does stack so when you have many GG's on 1 side of a small fort battle it gives a very strong advantage to that side. 'The Project' is (i believe) interested in fair battles, not walkovers - and they have admitted themselves that things are hardly balanced now. Even with my town rejoining MC, we are still far from equal in terms of quality, active fort fighters. What does 'The Project' think of this idea??

DeletedUser

I think that is a good idea Vic. GG's give great advantage, and their bonus does stack so when you have many GG's on 1 side of a small fort battle it gives a very strong advantage to that side. 'The Project' is (i believe) interested in fair battles, not walkovers - and they have admitted themselves that things are hardly balanced now. Even with my town rejoining MC, we are still far from equal in terms of quality, active fort fighters. What does 'The Project' think of this idea??

I'm for anything that makes fort battles fun again. If enough people think this idea will work, then i'm all for it.

DeletedUser18047

Huh, lots of discussion here and I completely missed it. Sorry for reviving an old thread, but have to say a few things...

Why are you all talking about some "balance"? boozwaa, by looking at your town and fort battle attendance in W12, you probably really believe The Project was created "to balance this world" Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing your way in W12, just saying you might not know what is going on behind the scene. Of course, I might be wrong and delusional, along with hundreds of other players. ;)

So, ok, lets talk about balance in W10 and ignore my "paranoia". :)

A few people already mentioned it, but I'll add some more details. As far as fort battles are concerned, W10 was heavily dominated by GC at the end of 2009. and during the first half of 2010. They had a huge advantage in numbers (which is not really important) and in active fort fighters (which is important!) Yet, it was not enough for them, simply because their leadership was obviously not interested in having a good battle, just in gaining forts. So, they called multies, spreading already outnumbered MCs fighters along the map and taking forts. Of course, that didn't help MC to keep people interested in fort battles, but it actually harmed GC much more! As I've said, GC had many more fort fighters, they wanted real fort battles, but couldn't get any. I'm sure that didn't make them happy. The other thing that certainly didn't make them happy was the fact that the ownership of almost every fort taken by GC was transferred to Constantinople - GC. Result? They were giving up on fort fighting, leaving their towns, leaving W10 completely, changing side... even entire strong fort fighting towns left GC and joined the other side, or became neutral (and died because of their "neutrality", see: Pact of Shadow alliance)

So, yes... in the second half of 2010. MC and allies became dominant. Although I'm sure Vic would like to take all the credit for it, the politics of GC leaders actually helped him a lot. Even with the creation of FFU nothing changed. FFU kept losing active fort fighters due to their politics. Till the day The Project was created, FFU had more fort fighters than Coalition Alliance! Talking about fort fighters, the number of members is completely irrelevant. The fact that they were not really motivated to attend battles regularly and to give their best when they were in a battle is certainly not MCs fault. Did you do anything to shake up things in FFU while you were there? Did you do anything to pinpoint the reasons why were you losing members and why were people not motivated and change something about it? Just check the average attendance of your town in battles now and before, while you were in FFU... I believe I gave you a good hint about those reasons, but those questions were rhetorical anyways. All you did was happily jumped into the monsters jaws when the clique decided to create it. Now you can finally win battles, woohoo, balance! (insert sarcasm here).

So, lets see those examples you gave:
average HP on MC side: 1808, average HP on FFU side: 1751 (difference: 57 HP)
average HP on MC side: 1871, average HP on FFU side: 1806 (difference: 65 HP)
This is your "proof" things are balanced now, yet you forgot to mention your side was 15 people short.
average HP on MCs side: 2248, average HP on The Project side: 2355 (difference: 107 HP in the favor of The Project)

Then you came up with more examples:
Average HP on MC side: 1940, average HP on FFU side: 1930 (difference: 10 HP)
Average HP on MC side: 2207, average HP on FFU side: 2073 (difference: 134 HP... ok, this is a lot, especially for a small fort. Did you pre-ranked trusted members as I've seen they are doing in a few battles I attended on FFUs side since The Project was created? That might be it...)
average HP on MC side: 1871, average HP on FFU side: 1806 (difference: 65 HP)
The last example in that post is from your first post anyways.

Lets see how it looks now, after The Project finally "balanced and saved" this world:
http://www.westforts.com/en10/battles/battle/9148
average HP on The Project side: 2608, average HP on the other side: 2164 (difference: 444 HP!!!)
http://www.westforts.com/en10/battles/battle/9104
average HP on The Project side: 2553, average HP on the other side: 1864 (difference: 689 HP!!!)
http://www.westforts.com/en10/battles/battle/8977
average HP on The Project side: 2521, average HP on the other side: 2204 (difference: 317 HP).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not whining about balance or the lack of it. After "the clique" did what they did, I couldn't care less about the balance, just as they don't care about it, but you can keep buying their stories.

I'm just sorry you, as a former FFU member, and any other former or current FFU member did nothing to change things before, if you believed the world was not balanced. MC certainly didn't win battles because of "HP advantage", but because of the skill and passion. Vic said he was not happy to see a meat bag emerging on our side and lots of other people, including me, shared his opinion. I noticed xtxtxt for the first time in December or January, not sure, so he certainly didn't have much impact on the situation in W10.

This is how MC was winning battles:
http://www.westforts.com/en10/battles/battle/4138 , or this:
http://www.westforts.com/en10/battles/battle/4178
More examples like that could be found.

Sadly, I'm afraid those days, when battles were won by skill and not HP, are dead and gone, as certain people had to import their "winning strategies" from other worlds. Sure, some people will "adapt", some won't and will eventually quit fort fighting. Personally, I'm not planning to put a single skill point in HP. If I wanted that, I'd keep fort fighting in W12. Of course, be aware of one thing: When fort fighting newbies come to chat asking for a rank and get reservist rank because of their HP, I highly doubt they will decide to pump up their HP and try their luck in the next battle. So you will just be losing fort fighters and not getting any, until the point when you won't be able to find enough meat bags to fill a small fort. But hey, who cares! You are just balancing the world! At that point, it will be pretty well balanced. ;)

DeletedUser

Emensly good reading in this thread - not for the substance or arguments but boy it's fun!

The kind of fun you can only get when a buch of noobs who know not what they speak of get infront of their keyboards and start typing away.

balanced/ unbalanced - what world has ever been even or balanced? none of course!

It sure speaks volumes about the strategic overview and fortitude of the "leading" players in the "Project" that after creating the current set-up on world 10 they now complain and want others to do the work for them. - that's just priceless

It's kind of amazing that in a thread running for 7 pages with players rambeling on about world 10 history and fort battles you can only find 1 player who displays a real knowledge of what has gone down since august 2009. Sadly for me and my ego that player is none other than bad guy no. 1: Victor Kruger - but I believe in giving credit where it is due.

And credit must go to Vic, not a tactic or development has been introduced to World 10 without it emanating from Vic and the MC - with the exception of the "All inside defense", which is not really a tactic but the last option when all after options fail - so cudos to you, Victor, we could not have asked for a better enemy... I am only sorry we could not be better enemies to you!

As for the incoherent rambelings and failed attempts of summarizing world 10 history displayed by far to many here it makes me think of the old saying:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- author unknown (some say Lincoln some say Mark Twain - but who really cares)

Cheerio

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Zov, you gotta keep up. The new complaint is that we call battles at bad hours, that's why we win. Also, can i thank Vic for MC suddenly regaining the ability to defend forts? For all the talk of "we won't change to compete with you", i've noticed a few people over there fattening up and getting GGs. I appreciate it. To be serious for a moment, ya'll scared me with all your talk of giving up and boycotting, etc. I'm glad it wasn't true.

Paranoia helps no one. Thinking you know someone else's motivation for action is a swift way to ensure you react incorrectly. BTW, w12? Pure jobs build, i don't talk to anybody, i don't get involved in anything. I'm sure you're implying something when you bring it up, but i have no idea what.

As for FFU, by the time it was set up it was already too late. The damage had been done. Too many people would only fight if certain towns were attacking or defending, or just didn't want to take part at all.

DeletedUser9470

what is done is done. lets work together to keep w10 the best world to be on.

DeletedUser16008

Zov, you gotta keep up. The new complaint is that we call battles at bad hours, that's why we win. Also, can i thank Vic for MC suddenly regaining the ability to defend forts? For all the talk of "we won't change to compete with you", i've noticed a few people over there fattening up and getting GGs. I appreciate it. To be serious for a moment, ya'll scared me with all your talk of giving up and boycotting, etc. I'm glad it wasn't true.

Paranoia helps no one. Thinking you know someone else's motivation for action is a swift way to ensure you react incorrectly. BTW, w12? Pure jobs build, i don't talk to anybody, i don't get involved in anything. I'm sure you're implying something when you bring it up, but i have no idea what.

As for FFU, by the time it was set up it was already too late. The damage had been done. Too many people would only fight if certain towns were attacking or defending, or just didn't want to take part at all.

All I ever said id do was until wed finished what we started re GC there would be no interest in Project from me.

Well thats done I have a bit more time in RL again, I havnt noticed any fattening of the troops as you put it Booz and havnt suggested it, if its happening then its the players making a choice which is nice. The GG will increase in popularity anyway due to its desirability the least I could do while out of the game was get that sorted out.

Special thanks to Santogold for insisting I have key 3 out of the blue making me consider the GG and BigTrouble for assisting in kit required having just done it himself.

Back to w10, when I have a new graphics card and can actually see the game and load the battle view you'll have the battles you crave.;)

To Miss B Have thank you for the kind words & I assure you there are few who have been such excellent long term opponents so hats off to you and all the rest that have endured. I hope a new chapter can begin now and continue to at least keep this world fun for as many as possible.

DeletedUser

All I ever said id do was until wed finished what we started re GC there would be no interest in Project from me.

Well thats done I have a bit more time in RL again

Sweeter words were never spoken ;-) Whatever some may choose to believe, i WANT a strong MC to compete with. Preferably just a pinch less strong than us, but we'll let the battlefield decide that.

DeletedUser18047

Well, you obviously didn't get the fact people are not here for your entertainment, but their own. I'm actually considering boycotting fort battles on this world. They decided to kill my world, because they are getting their asses kicked on their own, so I might as well return the favor. Get a GG, pump up HP and help ending their misery on the world they care about, with their own "strategy".

DeletedUser18047

Quit acting like you're not just a figment of my imagination. Also, you're a lot nicer in telegrams.
No, I'm not nicer in telegrams. I reply to people depending on their statements... in telegrams or in forums. But you can see that in your last telegram, right? ;)

DeletedUser

What can i say, ya gotta woo me. Buy me flowers, take me to dinner, THEN invite me back to your place. But don't ask me to hang out with your friends...i've heard too much from them already.

DeletedUser18047

I have no friends, that's the key. ;) No friends from other worlds at least. I only have friends from this world, W10, people who care about it and who will not let it go because some gang from some other world wants to compensate for their failures there...

edit: Oh, and Miss B, please have at least some respect for OAN. He is on of them, but he is also the ONLY one of them who managed to realize what they are doing is wrong.

DeletedUser

I have no friends, that's the key. ;) No friends from other worlds at least. I only have friends from this world, W10, people who care about it and who will not let it go because some gang from some other world wants to compensate for their failures there...

You used to have friends. ;) Then you began hating us.

DeletedUser

Project people, don't you think you are getting things way too one sided in forts? With recent tanking up things are becoming pointless...

Maybe i am missing something here so if you would be so kind answer me: What is the fun i winning forts with little or no resistance?

And if you be even kinder to keep w12 hp BS there...

DeletedUser9470

Project people, don't you think you are getting things way too one sided in forts? With recent tanking up things are becoming pointless...

Maybe i am missing something here so if you would be so kind answer me: What is the fun i winning forts with little or no resistance?

And if you be even kinder to keep w12 hp BS there...

naa its perfectly balanced

whats the problem? u werent saying this when you were full hp and won every single battle for the last decade!
i think you are whining and just dont like losing.
if your not happy then do something about it!

anyone want sarcasm brackets?

w1 is awesome, you should all come to w1, 0% dueling is so easy as its normal speed, not in constant fast forward!
come join w1! and join my town: -Raccoon City-, 8th town fully built, ranked 56 even after I abandoned it for over a year!
leave w10, and send me a mail
see u there
:D

:D

DeletedUser

Nope, won't leave w10, i will enjoy in this "perfectly balanced" world, and wait till they balance it a little more by adding bit more hp.

All hail project MASTERS OF BALANCE!!!

DeletedUser16008

I find it quite funny in a way...

Couldn't do a thing for 2 1/2 years while it was just normal players fighting in forts.

1# Had to gather all the fort towns together to even it up.... not :p

2# Not content with that ya also have to bring .pl style uber tanks to the world just to do what ? make it even more balanced and make battles more fun ? yea okayyy :rolleyes:

Under the guise of the Mean girls alliance reborn on w10 sadly theres only one thing thats gonna happen ... yall going to have less and less interesting battles and less and less xp

I know what your gonna say ... that ol do something line but yaknow what ? theres nothing to do about it ... you got the cream & all thats left is mainly the casual players not the fort crazies they are all in one place. People are already not bothering to be online and we are now having trouble filling a small tonight and i don't blame them, why show for battles that wont go 20 rds and earn 200xp when they can make 1,000xp + on jobs or even dueling ? I'm beginning to agree with them.

And no i'm not complaining ya'll play how you wish and so will I we've already proved we could spank the behind given onliners and at least a similar hp count and that 2 old rivals can work together just as well, it obviously bothered some enough to go out and beef up etc etc :no:

Sure youll have plenty of wins but whatever they are will not be because the teams any better just way over powered to whats left out there.. ;)

If I'd have taken MC and co down the route project have taken there would have been all manner of complaints and the world would have died out ages ago...but we knew it so didn't encourage it and stuck to trying to have real battles that just relied on the team and battle lead.... i'm curious .... whats your excuse ?

Whatever goes from here on just shows what trouble some had to go to just to get results ... congrats peeps yall proved what its taken to do what no one could for so so long ... we'll take that as a compliment :D

On a lighter note ive just re taken #1 on westforts for w10 and with no fort build at all, yhear me ? no fort skills, no uber tank, no fort build whatsoever from day 1 of the world... so :p

Status
Not open for further replies.