Duelling changes - The West Beta!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser

frank james horse/saddle is a must for every XP dueler. If you are really good, you can use some winter set items also.
Experience boost potion gives 25% XP bonus.

neel shah

I dunno if I am sure about this, but there is a bug in the KO protection system.
I was on a 72 hour KO protection mode on Dakota and initiated a duel with my 1 energy, fine till then, but as the duel got over, the report said the player is sleeping at the hotel, so I thought my Duel protection would still be active, but it took me 12 energy to commence the next duel.
I never read the forums, so don't know, whether it has got to be this way from the start or is it just a glitch ?

Neel.

DeletedUser22685

I dunno if I am sure about this, but there is a bug in the KO protection system.
I was on a 72 hour KO protection mode on Dakota and initiated a duel with my 1 energy, fine till then, but as the duel got over, the report said the player is sleeping at the hotel, so I thought my Duel protection would still be active, but it took me 12 energy to commence the next duel.
I never read the forums, so don't know, whether it has got to be this way from the start or is it just a glitch ?

Neel.

That's not a bug. Failed duels have always counted as being completed, so it's only natural to assume that they would in this case too.

DeletedUser

According to the announcement duel motivation will never fall below 1%, however, a few of my friends(on El Dorado) stated after 4-5 duels it has not fallen below 3%, is this a glitch or has there been a change we don`t know about? :)

DeletedUser35120

KO protection ends the second after you initiate the duel after 24 hrs.

Ripwise

not sure what your tryig to do with this get more people to duel or get more people to leave the game or leave towns so they cant be dueled either way its messed up worse now that it was

Noobette, how do you figure that? With this change you got 72 hours of KO protection and just a tiny change in your gameplay is all you need and believe me, extra 24 hours of protection is a huge reward for that.

Improvise, adapt and overcome!

DeletedUser35352

You want some input? there you go:

Rather than upseting most players with reckless changes of rules devs should work on game content.
Community has generated tons of ideas to improve fort figths (no changes whatsoever made), adventures (1 map in 6 months... are you kidding me) or dueling mechanics (probably true reason most of players didnt choose the duelling aspect of the game), devs published roadmaps (and then <10% implemented)... Only thing that really improved in the last years is how to milk an extra buck from players.

Its easier to turn off/on rules but the content side of the game is from update to update poorer.
Call it whining but when i spent a 4 digit number of EUR in the last 5y i take the right to whine if i want to. But maybe im just too long stucked to this game...

Ripwise

You want some input? there you go:

Rather than upseting most players with reckless changes of rules devs should work on game content.
Community has generated tons of ideas to improve fort figths (no changes whatsoever made), adventures (1 map in 6 months... are you kidding me) or dueling mechanics (probably true reason most of players didnt choose the duelling aspect of the game), devs published roadmaps (and then <10% implemented)... Only thing that really improved in the last years is how to milk an extra buck from players.

Its easier to turn off/on rules but the content side of the game is from update to update poorer.
Call it whining but when i spent a 4 digit number of EUR in the last 5y i take the right to whine if i want to. But maybe im just too long stucked to this game...

Reckless changes? This update is what players wanted for years now and as always changes will attract some for and some against, there is no pleasing to everyone.
Btw, this was community submited idea and implemented.

As for other things you pointed out, that is out of our hands and in developers and there aint much we can do about it.

Now, please lets stay on topic which is about this dueling change.

DeletedUser29831

I really don't see the problem. At the end of your KO-period, do some jobs to lower health or job-KO. Then wait until you have one energy, hit someone and bam, 72 hour protection.

DeletedUser

Reckless changes? This update is what players wanted for years now and as always changes will attract some for and some against, there is no pleasing to everyone.
Btw, this was community submited idea and implemented.

As for other things you pointed out, that is out of our hands and in developers and there aint much we can do about it.

Now, please lets stay on topic which is about this dueling change.

not one single player i know is happy with this you force non dueler players into dueling to get koed for this added protection when they clearly did not wish to duel in the first place i am not built to duel nor do i intend to change my build to dueler but it seems i am forced to duel wheather i chose to or not.taking the job ko away from players was not a good change

Ripwise

not one single player i know is happy with this you force non dueler players into dueling to get koed for this added protection when they clearly did not wish to duel in the first place i am not built to duel nor do i intend to change my build to dueler but it seems i am forced to duel wheather i chose to or not

Seems you dont know a lot of players because majority aproved of this because majority played before job KOs were even possible.

Protection is also optional. If you want protection, going trough clicking duel or clicking job to get KOd is the same.

You dont need to be skilled for dueling just to get KO protection because aim is to lose duel and not win it in order to be protected.

One more thing, 72 hours/3 days is a massive protection period in which you can do whole lot of things so i dont see how 1 duel which costs 12 energy is such a problem!

DeletedUser36559

It's just more work trying to get some protection but we get an extra 24 hours so it's not all bad I suppose.

DeletedUser

Which poll are you talking about?

The one you mentioned in your previous post where you said the majority of players were for this change. :)

I like the change, but I don't know that a clear majority of the people I talk to in game like it.

DeletedUser

A even better question, was this poll held here on this very forum, if so, why the hell do you speak of a majority when not that much of the players use the forum itself?

I mean, I haven`t checked the forum in ages, others haven`t either, and some don't even have a forum registration....that's not a majority imo.